DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-08-17, 12:57 AM   #26

re: The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

Spoiler:
really dont like tony, hate that he won

kinda liked nicole at first but then she started really throwing that accent on, damn
Old 02-08-17, 09:10 AM   #27
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like Tony despite his very glaring flaws. Surprising how big he appeared next to every other guy there, they really have a bunch of manlets on this underdog cast.
Old 02-08-17, 09:21 AM   #28
DVD Talk Godfather

I had to look up what a manlet was. I think Tony's just that tall moreso then everyone else being small. Anyway, not a fan of his after the way he's acted on previous shows, but we'll see how true all the stuff he's saying about his kids last the rest of the season.

I was expecting them to get in to the Invasion stuff more, but I guess it's nice that they're giving the competitors plenty of time before springing the twist on them.

Kind of neat that they're not automatically in the fancy house/mansion.

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 02-08-17, 10:08 AM   #29
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Anyway, not a fan of his after the way he's acted on previous shows, but we'll see how true all the stuff he's saying about his kids last the rest of the season.
Maybe coming out of the show he can have a third kid with a third different woman. Then next challenge he can be even more humbled by the ever increasing number of broken families he has created.

Needless to say I find him utterly repellent.
Old 02-08-17, 10:59 AM   #30
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Maybe coming out of the show he can have a third kid with a third different woman. Then next challenge he can be even more humbled by the ever increasing number of broken families he has created.

Needless to say I find him utterly repellent.
Yeah, he's a giant douche. Funny how people on this show act incredulous and get butt hurt when someone is doing something in their best interest to get further in the game. Like that's not the point of the game or anything and like Tony would've have done the same damn thing.

Also like how the clueless newbs have no idea what's in store. It was cute watching some of them trying to act alpha with the power vacuum.

Kailah is pretty hot. Will be interesting to see if she or Cara Maria can do anything against Laurel.
Old 02-08-17, 11:43 AM   #31
DVD Talk Special Edition

Speaking of Kailah, she has some very nice pictures out in the interwebs for those so inclined to peruse. She is a Suicide Girl apparently.
Old 02-08-17, 06:35 PM   #32
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Kailah is pretty hot. Will be interesting to see if she or Cara Maria can do anything against Laurel.
Old 02-09-17, 10:11 AM   #33
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

I had technical difficulties trying to watch the first episode. I tried to record the repeat, but the weather was bad in Nashville and my DVR cut off halfway in. I then tried to watch it on demand and had a bunch of issues. I watched the first hour before I went to work, and tried to watch the second hour when I made it home from work. Usually when you stop an episode halfway though, Comcast on demand will let you continue it, but it made me start it over from the beginning.....

I think they cast the Underdogs poorly. There's not much eye candy except for Jenna and Kaliah. Also, I don't see anyone being much of a threat to the Champions besides Jenna and Cory. Kaliah and Theo also might be a little competition. I don't know if things will get very interesting until they unlease the Champions.

Are you safe from elimination once you have your ticket to the Oasis or can you still be eliminated? They didn't do a good job of explaining that. Maybe they will in the next episode.
Old 02-09-17, 11:26 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Are you safe from elimination once you have your ticket to the Oasis or can you still be eliminated? They didn't do a good job of explaining that. Maybe they will in the next episode.
That is what it seems to me. The first 8 people to make it to the Oasis are locked in. The rest go home, then those 8 compete against the champs. I think...
Old 02-09-17, 12:09 PM   #35
DVD Talk Hero

Was it just me, or was this thread randomly locked recently with no explanation?
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 02-09-17, 03:32 PM   #36
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxBandit View Post
Two hour premiere tonight - 9:00 pm ET - 11:01 pm ET. Also there is a special on CT airing 8:30 pm ET - 9:00 pm ET.
My DVR didn't automatically tape the show so I went back and recorded a rerun but must have missed the CT show.

Anybody here watch it? Was it very interesting? He is one of my long time favorites so I was just curious. That kid of his was pretty dang cute when he grunted to the camera in the regular show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclejosh View Post
Speaking of Kailah, she has some very nice pictures out in the interwebs for those so inclined to peruse. She is a Suicide Girl apparently.
Thank you kind sir. I had no idea. Tight little body but I am not a fan of the tattoos. Any other Challenge chicks out there on the internets? I sure wish Jenna would pose nude. She always looks fantastic and has a gorgeous face, in my opinion.
Old 02-09-17, 04:33 PM   #37
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This used to show up on Hulu but no update past last season. This is sad.

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." --Carl Sagan
Old 02-09-17, 04:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Was it just me, or was this thread randomly locked recently with no explanation?
That was my mistake. I changed the name to add "of the Champions". I did it from my phone and something went wrong.
Old 02-09-17, 04:43 PM   #39
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
That was my mistake. I changed the name to add "of the Champions". I did it from my phone and something went wrong.
Thanks! Glad I wasn't crazy, at least this time.
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 02-09-17, 04:47 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
This used to show up on Hulu but no update past last season. This is sad.
They usually show up after a 4 or 5 week delay. You should be able to watch it with commercials on the mtv app.
Old 02-09-17, 04:50 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
My DVR didn't automatically tape the show so I went back and recorded a rerun but must have missed the CT show.

Anybody here watch it? Was it very interesting? He is one of my long time favorites so I was just curious. That kid of his was pretty dang cute when he grunted to the camera in the regular show.

Thank you kind sir. I had no idea. Tight little body but I am not a fan of the tattoos. Any other Challenge chicks out there on the internets? I sure wish Jenna would pose nude. She always looks fantastic and has a gorgeous face, in my opinion.
I watched it. It was basically just a recap of all his Challenge moments and they showed his kiddo in it too. It should be on the app or on demand if you want to watch it. They are doing one for Bananas next week.

I agree with you about the tattoos. I'm not a fan. There are only a few women who can pull the tattoo look off for me.
Old 02-23-17, 11:47 PM   #42

Anyone catch the last two episodes. The elimination challenges were really well designed. The last one was physically brutal.
Old 02-24-17, 07:53 AM   #43
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I thought they were pretty good. I am really looking forward to seeing what "Champions" flame out and who does well. Zach is a whiny giant bitch. I know they brought him back to torment Jenna more than anything but he has never impressed me on these shows.

Anyone check out MTV's Survivor ripoff "Stranded with a Million Dollars?" It was pretty interesting and I liked they way they have laid out the rules. I see them likely pulling future Challenge contestants from this show.
Old 02-24-17, 08:14 AM   #44
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Anyone check out MTV's Survivor ripoff "Stranded with a Million Dollars?" It was pretty interesting and I liked they way they have laid out the rules. I see them likely pulling future Challenge contestants from this show.
I found myself surprisingly entertained by it. I actually think it's a bit unfair to call it a Survivor rip-off. Sure it's part of the wave of survival type shows, but as you said the rules of the game are quite unique among them. I really enjoyed the different (and non PC) strategy a couple of them came up with. Definitely will keep checking it out.
Old 02-24-17, 08:22 AM   #45

Quote:
Yeah, I thought they were pretty good. I am really looking forward to seeing what "Champions" flame out and who does well. Zach is a whiny giant bitch. I know they brought him back to torment Jenna more than anything but he has never impressed me on these shows.
I'll never forget when Zach cried during the Free Agents Final. He almost kept Laurel from Winning.
Old 02-24-17, 09:42 AM   #46
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I'll never forget when Zach cried during the Free Agents Final. He almost kept Laurel from Winning.
Yeah. That was hilarious.

And didn't he just quit on one of the shows? I have seen so many that I tend to get them all mixed up.
Old 02-24-17, 11:35 AM   #47
DVD Talk Special Edition

Zach for all his athletic gifts is really a big pussy when pushed. He has no heart and would be the champion I would least fear out of the 4 returning.
Old 02-24-17, 12:18 PM   #48
DVD Talk Legend

Zach reminds me of Big Easy. Every time they come on the show they tell us how they've done new training and this time will be different... then they suck. Of course, there's an obvious difference between the two.

I know that they idea was that the wanted the Champs to look physically imposing but it would have been better if they replaced Zach with Frank or Jordan.

Last edited by Goat3001; 02-24-17 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-24-17, 12:44 PM   #49
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
I know that they idea was that the wanted the Champs to look physically imposing but it would have been better if they replaced Zach with Frank or Jordan.
Or Kenny.

Or especially Mark. I always loved that guy.

Hell, I would have even welcomed Wes back over Zac...but you know...Jenna.

Last edited by Spiderbite; 02-24-17 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-24-17, 01:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Or Kenny.
Yeah...Kenny coming back will never happen.