Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ice (Audience Network) -- From EP Antoine Fuqua -- Premieres 11/16/16

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-16, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Ice (Audience Network) -- From EP Antoine Fuqua -- Premieres 11/16/16

The 10-episode series, from Antoine Fuqua’s Fuqua Films and Entertainment One, was named after the slang word for diamonds. Written/exec produced by Robert Munic, it follows the Green family as they plunge into the underbelly of the L.A. diamond trade. Cam Gigandet, Jeremy Sisto, Ray Winstone, Judith Shekoni, Ella Thomas, Chloe East, Raymond J. Barry, Donald Sutherland and Audrey Marie Anderson also star.

Jake (Gigandet) and Freddy (Sisto) are half-brothers brought together by their father Isaac (Barry), the patriarch behind G&G Diamonds and their uncle Cam (Winstone). After wildcard Freddy kills a prominent diamond dealer, his brother Jake must bail him out and save the family business from a crime lord of the Los Angeles Diamond trade (Shekoni). Jake must endure all of this while maneuvering amongst jewelry thugs, blood diamond deals, false certificates, the Feds, and Pieter Van De Bruin (Sutherland), a ruthless Afrikaner diamond merchant who now heads up an Antwerp-based diamond cartel.

Antoine Fuqua is directing the first episode and serves as executive producer.

Ice premieres Wednesday, November 16 on DirecTV and AT&T U-verse.

The 1st teaser was just released a few weeks ago. Premieres next month. Not everyone here has Directv or AT&T U-Verse (exclusive to them), so this probably won't get many eyes on it here. But this has a pretty good cast:

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Audrey Marie Anderson as Ava Pierce
· Cam Gigandet as Jake Pierce
· Chloe East as Willow Pierce
· Donald Sutherland as Pieter Van De Bruin
· Ella Thomas as Lala
· Jeremy Sisto as Freddy
· Judith Shekoni as Sister Rah
· Ray Winstone as Cam
· Raymond Barry as Isaac
· Rey Gallegos as Carlos Vega
Teaser:

Yup, more content that no one here has time to watch.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-21-18 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-17-16, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Ice (Audience Network) -- From EP Antoine Fuqua -- Premieres 11/16/16

Content? Hell, I can barely keep up with the channels!
Old 10-18-16, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I'd watch this if I had more time. But the explosion in available content has made it very difficult to give every new show a shot.
Old 10-24-16, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Full 2 minute trailer released:

Looks good. Has a very Michael Mann/Heat type vibe.
Old 11-15-16, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Reminder. For those with Directv and AT&T U-Verse, this premieres tomorrow night.

Set your DVRs (if they're not already massively full) It will air on channel 101 and 239. Airs at 8pm ET/5pm PT
Old 11-16-16, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk God

New promo:

Old 11-16-16, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Saw the 1st episode tonight. Ran about 80 minutes before credits.

Very slickly produced. Dark and gritty and definitely R-rated material. Lots of F bombs.

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of a Cam Gigandet. He always looks like a preppy douche to me. Not sure if I really buy him as some badass criminal. And he's the lead of the show.

I did like most of the other elements. A a very Heat/Collateral type vibe and felt like a movie than a TV show. Probably that credit goes to Fuqua's directing. The psycho blood diamond dealer was great. I loved when she lost her shit when Jake and Freddy backed out of that diamond deal and was about to bring out the hyenas.
Old 01-08-17, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Has anyone been watching this or is this not on anyone's viewing radar?

5 episodes have aired so far.

The most recent episode that aired last month introduced Donald Sutherland's character. It was a pretty intense episode. Appears he's the boss of the Lala character.

very dark show. All the characters are criminals. Even Rey Gallegos, who plays a cop, is also a criminal.

I like the style of this series. It's like watching an HBO/Cinemax show.
Old 01-08-17, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

I've been watching it. Enjoying it so far. I'm glad Sutherland finally showed up.
Old 03-21-18, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Season 2 premieres next Wednesday.

I finished watching season 1 via on demand as this fell on the back burner with so much going on last season.

It was an okay season overall. Ended on a pretty big cliffhanger with a big shootout between Sutherland, the Green Brothers and Lady Rah.

Sutherland's character is the big bad guy...a big crime figure in the diamond world. But he is also angry because his gay lover was murdered by one of Lady Rah's associates. Sister?

I read they hired a new showrunner for season 2. It's Ed Bernero, the former showrunner of Criminal Minds and Third Watch. So, that's a good sign. He's a former cop.

Season 2 trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7HbqKEnTijg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DB Sweeney, Laura Vandervoort are new cast members for season 2.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-21-18 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-28-18, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Season 2 premieres tonight at 10pm for those with DirecTV, DirecTV Now and AT&T U-Verse.

It's another 10 episode season.

With both their finances and their reputations in tatters, Jake and Freddy must find a way to rebuild. With the help from Tessa Pryor, a smart, capable and gorgeous lawyer, and Jeff Reardon, a sober coach, Freddy is seemingly on a better path. The discovery of a magnificent rough may put the brothers back on top – or it may tear them apart forever. Meanwhile, the death of a loved one drives Lady Rah to wage war on a powerful diamond conglomerate – from the inside. Cam joins forces with his estranged son Malcolm Rose in order to navigate the dangerous underworld of blood diamonds. And Ava is determined to provide a better life for her daughter and herself – even if it means making a deal with the one person she swore she’d never ask for help… her own mother.
Old 03-30-18, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

I watched the premiere yesterday.

It literally picked up moments after the cliffhanger. So, you can't really jump into this show without having seen season 1.

Donald Sutherland's character Van der Bruin was killed by Lady Rah.

Freddy (Sisto) went to jail and Jake (Gigandet) got shot.

I liked the addition of Laura Vandervoort. She's playing some mysterious lawyer who helped get Freddy out of jail.

Pretty messed up ending with Lady Rah and her daughter getting killed. That was clever that she set up a bomb in her boat though. It does set her up for wanting to seek revenge.

Ashley Thomas (the gangster from 24: Legacy) looks like he's playing Cam's son. That scene where he slit the throats of those 2 guards was pretty badass.

Ava looks like she's taking over the Green family diamond operation and doing some shady dealing.

Well, if you don't watch Ice or bailed on it, none of what I just said will make any sense.

BTW, I read when this show originally came out that Antoine Fuqua really has zero involvement with this show now. He only directed the Pilot and is given the vanity EP credit.