Scorpion (CBS) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 10/3/16

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-16, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Scorpion (CBS) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 10/3/16

Scorpion
post images

TEAM SCORPION MUST PUT ASIDE THEIR PERSONAL PREDICAMENTS WHEN HACKERS TAKE CONTROL OF U.S. MILITARY AIRCRAFT AND WARSHIPS AND POINT THE WEAPONS AT AMERICAN CITIES, ON THE SPECIAL TWO-HOUR THIRD SEASON PREMIERE OF "SCORPION," MONDAY, OCT. 3

"Civil War" - Team Scorpion must put aside their personal and romantic predicaments when anonymous hackers with unknown motives take control of U.S. military aircraft and warships and point weapons at American cities, on the special two-hour third season premiere of SCORPION, Monday, Oct. 3 (9:01-10:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

"More Civil War" - Just as Team Scorpion makes headway against the hackers controlling U.S. naval destroyers, they learn that a U.S. nuclear submarine also has been hacked and has a missile about to launch, on a special two-hour third season premiere of SCORPION, Monday, Oct. 3 (10:00-11:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

Credits for "Civil War":

REGULAR CAST:

Elyes Gabel (Walter O'Brien)
Robert Patrick (Agent Cabe Gallo)
Katharine McPhee (Paige Dineen)
Eddie Kaye Thomas (Toby Curtis)
Jadyn Wong (Happy Quinn)
Ari Stidham (Sylvester Dodd)
Riley B. Smith (Ralph Dineen)
GUEST CAST:

Scott Porter (Tim Armstrong)
Michael McGrady (Admiral Pace)
Max Gail (Bruce)
Kenneth James Morgan (Pilot)
Spencer Grammer (Airman Woodrow)
Juan Antonio (Airman Morales)
Paul Duke (Stingo)
Edgar Pevsner (Dealer)
WRITTEN BY: Nick Santora and Nicholas Wootton

DIRECTED BY: Sam Hill

Credits for "More Civil War":

REGULAR CAST:

Elyes Gabel (Walter O'Brien)
Robert Patrick (Agent Cabe Gallo)
Katharine McPhee (Paige Dineen)
Eddie Kaye Thomas (Toby Curtis)
Jadyn Wong (Happy Quinn)
Ari Stidham (Sylvester Dodd)
Riley B. Smith (Ralph Dineen)
GUEST CAST:

Scott Porter (Tim Armstrong)
Max Gail (Bruce)
Paul Duke (Stingo)
Henri Lubatti (Skunk)
Clint Jung (Chunwe)
Janet Roth (Dealer)
Asante Jones (Captain Conniff)
Troy Caylak (Corner Guy)
Gerald Downey (Captain Braden)
Nikita Bogolyubov (Kid)
Deborah Strang (Earth Momma)
Julien Ari (Main Hacker)

WRITTEN BY: Nick Santora and Nicholas Wootton

DIRECTED BY: Jeff Hunt

25 episode 3rd season

2 hour premiere Monday night.

I'm guessing this probably won't get watched right away by most of you still watching. A lot of stuff Monday night along with football.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-18-17 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-03-16, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Scorpion (CBS) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 10/3/16

Sweet. I forgot about this show. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-03-16, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I was hit-and-miss last season but I'll watch when I can.
Old 10-04-16, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Very fun 2 hours.

Jam packed with lots of action and craziness. It isn't Scorpion unless it's something over the top like hackers controlling military fighter jets & ships.

Glad that Paige told Walter off for what he did.

I think the best part of the episode was Cabe's heart to heart talk with Walter about his relationship with Paige. I liked that he said straight up that Walter was being selfish and immature and that he isn't ready to be in any kind of relationship with her. Hopefully this means that Walter will actually grow as a character this season.
Old 10-04-16, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pretty fun two hours. I'm with Sly though, fuck all the relationship drama, it's suffocating the show. Hopefully that was a "breaking the 4th wall" moment from the writers realizing the viewers hate it.

Also at Sly figuring out how much money beard goon stole based on the bulge in his pants pocket. That was hilariously awesome.
Old 10-06-16, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvline.com/2016/10/06/scorpio...ther-season-3/

Lea Thompson was cast as Paige's mother
Old 10-10-16, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk God

FYI

Moves to 10pm starting tonight. Very tough timeslot. Competing with the new shows Timeless and Conviction along with football.

WHEN WALTER IS ACCIDENTALLY LAUNCHED INTO SPACE IN A ROCKET, HE HALLUCINATES ABOUT PAIGE AS HIS OXYGEN RUNS LOW, AND TEAM SCORPION WORKS FEVERISHLY TO FIND A WAY TO BRING HIM HOME, ON "SCORPION," MONDAY, OCT. 10

Series Debuts in Its New 10:00 PM ET/PT Time Period

"It Isn't the Fall That Kills You" - When Walter is accidentally launched into space in a rocket, he hallucinates about Paige as his oxygen runs low, and Team Scorpion works feverishly to find a way to bring him home before he suffocates, on SCORPION, Monday, Oct. 10 (10:00-11:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

Old 10-10-16, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The relationship stuff in the premiere was just terrible. This show goes to the watch as time allows end of the DVR list.
Old 10-10-16, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm sure all the relationship drama is an attempt to draw in female viewers but the writers are just failing miserably at it. It doesn't help that the lead is an insufferable douchebag who you hope doesn't get the girl. Sheldon Cooper says "hello Walter, welcome to the club!"

In the other corner you have Toby who is pretty funny as the behaviorist that can't over his own insecurities but it's Happy that's the annoying one in this pair.

Lastly dump Jason Street. He's fine as Cabe's protege but he's terrible with Paige as well.

Kill it with fire! Then out of the ashes rebuild the fun show we got for season 1.

The ONLY relationship that did work on the show was Sly and Megan and the writers seriously fucked that up by killing her at the first chance they could.
Old 10-11-16, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Now that was Scorpion at it's most ludicrous. Physically and technologically impossible, but I still got a kick out of it. Starting with the lightning strike that would launch a rocket into space.

Loved Walter inside the space capsule hallucinating with everyone watching. Katharine McPhee looked stunning in those fantasy scenes. at him ejecting Jealous Tim into space.

The whole ejection sequence with Walter having no parachute and Cabe attempting a mid-air catch along with the missile launching to soften the water was just so crazy over the top. There's simply no way all that could be timed so perfectly. But still it was entertaining nevertheless.

Not worth tearing apart everything. Scorpion is the epitome of escapism entertainment.
Old 10-11-16, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

I stopped halfway through s1.

Has anything changed since then, cast, writing?
Old 10-11-16, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by whotony
I stopped halfway through s1.

Has anything changed since then, cast, writing?
No, this is a pure fantasy escapism action procedural. There is nothing even remotely plausible or reality based about it.

Same cast and it's even more over the top now. Season 1 was grounded compared to now.
Old 10-11-16, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Ok. Thanks.
Old 10-16-16, 01:44 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The Walter/Paige/Tim love triangle is tiresome and not well done, but otherwise the show is back to it's far fetched best
Old 11-01-16, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A member of the team having a possible green card issue has to be the stupidest story arc I've seen on this show so far. That's saying something too given some of the story lines we have seen.

They have work with pretty much every single government agency from the US military to Homeland. They have gone under cover to save the live of judges, done international peace talks, saved military tech etc etc etc.. I "think" they could get an immigration issued cleared up with a few phone calls.
Old 11-01-16, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
A member of the team having a possible green card issue has to be the stupidest story arc I've seen on this show so far. That's saying something too given some of the story lines we have seen.

They have work with pretty much every single government agency from the US military to Homeland. They have gone under cover to save the live of judges, done international peace talks, saved military tech etc etc etc.. I "think" they could get an immigration issued cleared up with a few phone calls.
Yup, I enjoy the show...but I am like c'mon dude this could be cleared up by a phone call or two. Even better, all of these agencies they have worked with could easily be aware of this issue and not care because they are such a unique bad ass team that gets the job done. It is funny that I am less likely to roll my eyes at the accidental space rocket launch episode, but this issue has me groaning to make it stop. I expect the show to be crazy over the top escapism, so they need to move past this immigration issue.
Old 11-21-16, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Lea Thompson was the guest star tonight. I noticed at least one direct Back to the Future reference. Her character said, "They found me. I don't know how, but they found me." Any others?
Old 12-27-16, 06:27 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't recognise Lea Thompson

I am glad they are getting rid of Tim, they need to end this pathetic love triangle
Old 12-27-16, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Also glad to have Tim gone. They need to end the relationship shit. Toby & Happy's is finally working though, so I'm good with that one. They need to kill the Walter & Paige relationship with fire though. Who tunes into this show for relationship drama?

Originally Posted by windom
Lea Thompson was the guest star tonight. I noticed at least one direct Back to the Future reference. Her character said, "They found me. I don't know how, but they found me." Any others?
That's the only one I noticed.
Old 01-18-17, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up with this season as of today.

I had 7 episodes backed up, but powered through all of them over the last few days.

Has anyone noticed that this season has featured less Government sanctioned missions? Seems like the last few episodes the Scorpion team has been stuck in several non-mission/bad situation of the weeks.

Episode 10 -- Woman crashes her car into the La Brea Tar Pits. No form of search and rescue is available...so the Scorpion team is asked to help. Really? No one was available?

Episode 11 -- The Scorpion team accidentally runs into some gun runners while in the woods for the Holidays.

Episode 12 -- Cabe gets hit by a flying projectile and is mortally wounded and on death's door. Scorpion team frantically tries to save his life.

This week -- Scorpion team gets kidnapped and is asked to help with some counterfeit money production.

I guess it's fine in a way. Breaks up the monotony of the absurd cases of the week these guys are asked to do.

BTW, yes I am glad they wrote out Tim a few weeks ago. He was total dead weight.

I have enjoyed seeing Lea Thompson as Paige's grifter Mom in the last few episodes. Guess she's going to be around a little while longer.

I also just read that Kat McPhee and Elyes Gabel broke up prior to this season. Guess that sort of puts a wrench in any future Walter-Paige romance for the foreseeable future.
Old 01-18-17, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

I also just read that Kat McPhee and Elyes Gabel broke up prior to this season. Guess that sort of puts a wrench in any future Walter-Paige romance for the foreseeable future.
That information makes me much less inclined to watch Scorpion. The show barely works with that romantic tension in place. Without that potential relationship it's a completely mindless procedural.
Old 01-18-17, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, Tim was dead weight, glad he is gone. The last handful of episodes have been all over the place. This weeks with Lea Thompson and the money laundering was great though. I enjoyed every bit of that one.
Old 05-16-17, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't watched this in quite some time and I hung on for a while due to Katherine McPhee. What I love about her is she has real daddy issues and has a thing for older guys. She just hooked up with a 67 year old guy. I'm practically a youngster compared to him. Makes me think I'd have a chance.
Old 05-16-17, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Yikes!!! She's hooking up with David Foster?

I last read that she was back to together with Gabel after they broke up last year. Or maybe they're just really close buddies now.

If you don't know who David Foster is, he's probably one of the most prolific pop music producers in the last 40 years. He's not just some random old fart.

I still watch and like the show, but I am several weeks behind and I know the finale aired last night. Probably won't finish the season for awhile.
Old 05-16-17, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

McPhee has the greatest legs. The mini-skirt in the finale was fantastic.

As for the episodes themselves, it was a fun couple of episodes. It seemed like it was written for a finale + premier though. Not having a cliffhanger on every show is kind of nice though.

Lastly, Walter + Paige together is going to get old real fucking quick.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.