Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-18-16, 08:24 AM   #51
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- Season 7 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Masi Oka (Max) is leaving the show. Episode 13 will be his last appearance: http://tvline.com/2016/11/17/hawaii-...ving-max-exit/
He should just hold out until the final season. Obviously, the show can't really move on without McGarrett.
Old 11-19-16, 01:32 PM   #52
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't really care for last night's episode. First off, Jerry was front and center and I thought it was a nonsense conspiracy themed show.
Old 11-19-16, 01:39 PM   #53
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked last night's episode even though it focused on Jerry. It was tamer than the usual over-the-top antics we get with this show.
Old 12-17-16, 06:10 PM   #54
DVD Talk Special Edition

Newest episode should have been called "Chin Ho Kelly: Man on Fire"
Old 12-17-16, 11:51 PM   #55
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredog1976 View Post
Newest episode should have been called "Chin Ho Kelly: Man on Fire"
I'm glad the writers were realistic about the "I'm with the 5-0 task force out of Hawaii" claim. Nobody outside of Hawaii gives a shit haha
Old 12-18-16, 08:49 AM   #56
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really hoping the show has the balls to kill off Chin Ho, but I know it won't happen.
Old 12-20-16, 12:59 AM   #57
DVD Talk Hero

I loved the midseason finale. Some great work by Daniel Dae Kim. Liked that it tied in to the previous episode with the Kono bag shootout.

That whole exchange with Sara was indeed pulled from the pages of Man on Fire. But it was still entertaining nevertheless.

I'm sure we can expect Steve, Danny, Kono and Lou to go guns blazing into the cartel compound to rescue Chin.
Old 12-22-16, 08:13 PM   #58
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
Really hoping the show has the balls to kill off Chin Ho, but I know it won't happen.
I thought they were going to eventually kill Chin like they did in the original series but I guess not.
Old 01-10-17, 12:46 PM   #59
DVD Talk Hero

The resolution to the midseason cliffhanger felt really rushed. I thought it was handled quite clumsily.

Everything was wrapped in the 1st 10 minutes of the episode. Then they quickly moved on to your regular scheduled case of the week back in Hawaii.

and there was really no point for Adam to travel to Mexico and be in the episode.

Looks like next week is Max's last episode.
Old 01-10-17, 03:34 PM   #60
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
The resolution to the midseason cliffhanger felt really rushed. I thought it was handled quite clumsily.

Everything was wrapped in the 1st 10 minutes of the episode. Then they quickly moved on to your regular scheduled case of the week back in Hawaii.

and there was really no point for Adam to travel to Mexico and be in the episode.
Haha, OK, I was wondering if it was just me. I don't even watch the show (anymore), and I thought the whole opening was weird. I only watched the first 10 minutes because my friend was the henchman being beat up by Steve at the beginning.

No Danny (he's "starting the car" ), this big brouhaha about Adam showing up only for him to do...nothing, and McGarrett being the only one shown rescuing Chin. It's like production said, OK, we've only got $5000 and 2 hours to shoot this resolution. Go!
Old 01-10-17, 04:29 PM   #61
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Haha, OK, I was wondering if it was just me. I don't even watch the show (anymore), and I thought the whole opening was weird. I only watched the first 10 minutes because my friend was the henchman being beat up by Steve at the beginning.
My brother's friend is always playing an extra on the show. He would come by and show us episodes and point himself out in the background. He said he loves hanging out at the craft table and gorge himself while waiting.
Old 01-10-17, 05:41 PM   #62
DVD Talk Special Edition

This season has really gone down in terms of production, writing and even enthusiasm. The previous season may have been silly but at least entertaining. But I think this show is still doing in terms of ratings for Friday nights. I heard a new Magnum PI is being developed with a female lead.
Old 01-10-17, 06:40 PM   #63
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac161 View Post
I heard a new Magnum PI is being developed with a female lead.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/637...works-abc.html
Old 01-11-17, 08:59 AM   #64
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:

Looks like next week is Max's last episode.
I thought it was rushed too. You're right: there was no point for Adam to go to Mexico. Now that I think about it, there was no point to Chin Ho's niece being taken from him and later kidnapped because ultimately he gained custody of her anyway. It was just a big stall tactic.
Old 02-25-17, 03:07 PM   #65
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So this week's episode had a comedic variation of Wages of Fear/Sorcerer. LOL

Orbi-Wan Goes To The Movies
Old 02-25-17, 03:33 PM   #66
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno View Post
Not familiar with those references, but it was very funny at times. Steve and Danny are at their best when they bicker.
Old 02-25-17, 08:06 PM   #67
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
Not familiar with those references, but it was very funny at times. Steve and Danny are at their best when they bicker.
Well then, the first thing you need to do is check out both of those movies (The Wages of Fear, Sorcerer).

I dug it though, it was a decent variation on that story. Hell, I remember the original MacGyver did a Wages of Fear copy, and didn't even adjust the plot. That was also transporting nitro to stop an oil well fire.
Old 02-26-17, 09:55 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno View Post
I had a problem with the show. Oh no there's no roads in or out and we'll have to jump from a plane, into unknown territory with unknown number of bad guys and we'll be completely on our own if something goes bad.
Then they wander thru the jungle, find the bad guys, an ATV and a truck - that they drive out. They would have taken 4 wheelers in or a 4x4 truck and with a couple more cops with them. Even if it was just some cops that could be collateral damage.
But let's get past all that, they decide to blow up the bomb. It's at 34 seconds. They jump in the truck, haul ass, and get maybe 40 feet in that amount of time. They could have run that far. In 30 seconds they would have been out of the bomb blast area.
At least they should try to be a little realistic where the viewer doesn't have to suspend all belief.
Old 02-26-17, 10:06 AM   #69
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Well then, the first thing you need to do is check out both of those movies (The Wages of Fear, Sorcerer).

I dug it though, it was a decent variation on that story. Hell, I remember the original MacGyver did a Wages of Fear copy, and didn't even adjust the plot. That was also transporting nitro to stop an oil well fire.
I told my wife, "if they have to cross a rickety suspension bridge, I'm going to lose it." Then they came to the creek, and had to build their own rickety bridge with boards, rope and a log conveniently anchored in the middle of the creek....

Orbi-Wan Goes To The Movies
Old 03-05-17, 08:20 AM   #70
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hootie!
Old 03-10-17, 12:00 AM   #71
DVD Talk Hero

FYI, for those unaware tomorrow's MacGyver will be a special crossover episode with H50

Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park guest star.

It's a self contained plot. I know most here probably aren't regular viewers of MacGyver. So you can watch this if you want another H50 fix tomorrow.

The reason they are able to do a crossover is because Peter Lenkov, H50's showrunner, is also the showrunner for MacGyver.
Old 03-19-17, 06:22 AM   #72
DVD Talk Hero

The MacGyver crossover was fun.

They did leave things open for another crossover since Steve is supposedly acquainted with Jack (George Eads) from MacGyver.

Latest episode of H50 was actually quite dark. Dealt with Child slave sex trafficking. It was one of those very "personal" episodes, which affected Kono. They had a PSA at the end of the episode.

I do have to wonder if the Hawaiian Tourism board ever gets nervous about all the crime this show portrays that happens on the islands.
Old 03-19-17, 12:49 PM   #73
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
I do have to wonder if the Hawaiian Tourism board ever gets nervous about all the crime this show portrays that happens on the islands.
I was actually thinking about that. The amount of terrorists, bio-hazards, chemical weapons, illegal arms cache, human trafficking, bomb explosions, drone strikes & mob presence; not to mention the shootouts in broad daylight in busy streets and the affinity of Al Qaeda cells to the islands makes you think Hawaii is the batshit crazy capital of the world.
Old 03-19-17, 11:04 PM   #74
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was expecting Kono to have some past that involved human trafficking, thus explaining her extremely personal reaction to the case. But yeah, all the way through it, I was thinking "gonna be a PSA at the end", and was proven quite correct. Actually though, it was one of the better H50 episodes; not nearly as absurd as most of the usual fare.