TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- Season 7 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/16

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-16, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- Season 7 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/16

Originally Posted by Cardiac161
I found it funny that both Steve MacGarrett and that female FBI profiler got stabbed at the back and yet got out of that blowhole like the stabbing never happened.
You're right. I thought the same thing while I was watching it but then forgot that part when I posted here. Surely they would have been weakened from blood loss (if not dead). Yeah, that was silly but typical for this show, right?
Old 10-15-16, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show is such a guilty pleasure for me though. If it wasn't set in Hawaii (I grew up in Makawao in Maui) and didn't have Grace Park, I'd be doing something more worthwhile on Friday evenings.
Old 10-15-16, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

Or how about an open knife wound + ocean salt water = it doesn't hurt on Hawaii 5-0
Old 10-15-16, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Not only did they ignore the back wounds, in the scene where the woman is sitting on the rock with the blanket and steve turns to walk towards her, he isn't stabbed. Shirt looks perfect. woops.
Old 10-15-16, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At least Kono shot out one of the tires on the van right away so the bad guys couldn't flee. How many times have we all watched a chase scene where cops shoot at the bad guys' car over and over but never shoot at the tires to bring the whole thing to a stop?
Old 10-15-16, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
At least Kono shot out one of the tires on the van right away so the bad guys couldn't flee. How many times have we all watched a chase scene where cops shoot at the bad guys' car over and over but never shoot at the tires to bring the whole thing to a stop?
I'm neither a police officer, nor a gun enthusiast, but do they really teach police to shoot the tires of vehicles? Sort of like how TV and movie cops shoot someone's leg to hobble them, when the real police procedure is aim for the largest part of the body, the chest, in order to bring them down effectively.
Old 10-15-16, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Paff
I'm neither a police officer, nor a gun enthusiast, but do they really teach police to shoot the tires of vehicles? Sort of like how TV and movie cops shoot someone's leg to hobble them, when the real police procedure is aim for the largest part of the body, the chest, in order to bring them down effectively.
Probably not, and I guess if all TV and movie cops shot out tires there'd be no chase scenes, and those are a Hollywood staple. Kono probably did it this time because the episode was almost over.
Old 10-17-16, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

10/14 episode... Another one where Danny was MIA. And so was the explanation for his absence.
Did Chin and Abby break up? I can't remember, but I noticed she was MIA too.
While they were trying to get ahold of Steve, one of them mentioned Danny is in New Jersey.

Not sure if Chin and Abby broke up. While talking to that one FBI or CIA agent - Chin mention that the HPD likes her as a detective.

Kono should have never been able to shoot out the tires - those two took forever to leave the area after throwing Steve and Alicia down the blowhole.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 10-17-16 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-22-16, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I just caught the 10/14 episode and noticed the same thing about Steve and Alicia. For 2 people who suffered what was apparently a major stab wound, they climbed out of that hole like they were in perfect condition. Steve suffered a pretty significant stab wound and you could see as he was walking back to the beach, there was no wound on his back when the shot cut to it briefly, just a tear on his shirt and the blood stains. Pretty clumsy error by the set make-up/prosthetic department.

I when Steve arrived to see his torched car hours later with just a shirt change. He would have been hospitalized for several days in reality.

Looks like Elisabeth Rohm will be a recurring on this show since she managed to escape back to the mainland. Go figure she plays another villain like she did on The Last Ship.
Old 10-28-16, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

10/28 episode "House of Horrors" - I know they like to do Halloween-themed episodes on this show, but this truly was horrible. The worst part had to be Kono and Adam's incredible luck when during the fight with their kidnappers the keys just happened to fall at her feet while she was tied up, and then she proceeded to throw the keys with her feet across the room to Adam, who caught them with his hands even though they were tied up! I guess it was this episode's "Five-O" moment.

Later, when the woman they were kidnapped with clubbed one of the intruders coming into the house they were holed up in, she looked like she tapped the guy but down he went as if she had knocked him out cold.

What a little bitch Danny's daughter has turned into.
Old 10-29-16, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

An annual Halloween sacrifice club, armed to the teeth. And yes, that Kono/Adam escape was the most inane thing ever on this show, and that's saying a lot.

Yep, she's a bitch.
Old 10-29-16, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dunno, she seems like a typical teenager. Everyone forgets how important a social life is to a teenager, and missing a party seems like the end of the world. Forcing her to not attend only reinforces that. And wasn't Danny grounding her for what she did last Halloween? Man, that's awfully vindictive to hold a punishment for an entire year.
Old 10-30-16, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought the punishment a year later was odd too. I would have assumed she was grounded last year.

Other than that, a typical cheesy Halloween 5-0 episode.
Old 10-31-16, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Well, had its entertaining moments (the ME dressed like John Wick was funny), but your typical half stupid/half serious 5-0 episode. Exactly what they promised, exactly what they delivered.

I mean, who DIDN'T see the bit with Jerry "cutting off" his finger coming?
Old 11-02-16, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Caught the Halloween episode. Damn, Danny's daughter has turned into a little brat.

I was amused at how they were attempting to turn the Adam and Kono scenes as a poor mans attempt at horror.
Old 11-06-16, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hate these "international" episodes. Show's called HAWAII Five-O, I want shit to happen in Hawaii.

And the previews for next week's episode give away the "mystery" of this week's episode. Not that anyone with an IQ over 75 couldn't guess, but
Spoiler:
the boy Grace is dating is Grover's son
Old 11-08-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Thought the 150th episode was decent for the most part. I don't mind these occasional side trips to other countries. After all, Steve was in the navy and has experience on international missions. Plus, the point of this episode was to help bring some closure to his relationship with Catherine and tie up some loose ends with Doris.

They are leaving things open for Doris to come back. But, it does seem like Catherine is finally out of the picture.

Anyone thought that Sarah Carter's new haircut was awful? And they made it sound like Steve and Lynn were in a serious relationship. This was only her 3rd appearance on the show. She hasn't been seen in an episode since back in February and I don't recall Steve ever mentioning her, eventually casually to someone like Danny.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-08-16 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-08-16, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Thought the 150th episode was decent for the most part. I don't mind these occasional side trips to other countries. After all, Steve was in the navy and has experience on international missions. Plus, the point of this episode was to help bring some closure to his relationship with Catherine and tie up some loose ends with Doris.

They are leaving things open for Doris to come back. But, it does seem like Catherine is finally out of the picture.

Anyone thought that Sarah Carter's new haircut was awful? And they made it sound like Steve and Lynn were in a serious relationship. This was only her 3rd appearance on the show. She hasn't been seen an episode back in February and I don't recall Steve ever mentioning her, eventually casually to someone like Danny.
I too thought Carter's new 'do looked awful. It looked like a wig to me. I want to see Steve end up with Catherine ultimately.
Old 11-08-16, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

I too thought Carter's new 'do looked awful. It looked like a wig to me. I want to see Steve end up with Catherine ultimately.
If Steve ever ends up with Catherine, it probably won't be until the final season. And that's not happening anytime soon. The show is doing great on Fridays.
Old 11-09-16, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Steve meant to tell her, "awful bangs"
Old 11-11-16, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Alex O'Loughlin claims that next season (season 8) will be his last season on the show:

http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...eb65298d77beaa

Hawaii Five-O's Australian star, Alex O'Loughlin, has revealed when he will quit the popular TV show.
The actor is currently in the process of finishing season seven in the popular reboot of the original 1970s hit show, playing Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett.
But it looks like this will be his penultimate season with the show.
"I signed on for another two (seasons), which is this year and next year, series seven and eight, and I don't know if I can sustain any more than that just physically," O'Loughlin said.
"I've taken so many physical hits on this show, my back is pretty bad and I've got a lot of fixing I've got to do. I've got to fix my body."

He confirmed those remarks to TVLine.com

TVLINE | You recently hinted at your intention to exit Hawaii Five-0 after any potential Season 8. (Season 7 is currently up in the ratings vs. last year.) Is that still your plan?

Absolutely. I’m just trying to make it through the end of [Season] 7! [Five-0] is really, really wonderful, but it is an action show, I’m the main guy, and I defy anybody to do what I’ve done for as long I’ve done it and hold out the way I have. Dude, I was a fit, strong, healthy guy when I started the show, and I still am, but you sustain what you sustain. It’s part of the gig.
Old 11-14-16, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Lastest ep was pretty fun. Kidnapping attempt at Gracie and Grover Jr's formal dance, Danny as a chaperone.
Old 11-14-16, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked the school dance hostage episode. I expected Danny to say "now I know what a TV dinner feels like", while in the vent.

Hey Alex O'Loughlin, give a nod to Kiefer Sutherland. He knows what it feels like, and more.
Old 11-17-16, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Masi Oka (Max) is leaving the show. Episode 13 will be his last appearance: http://tvline.com/2016/11/17/hawaii-...ving-max-exit/
Old 11-17-16, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Masi Oka (Max) is leaving the show. Episode 13 will be his last appearance: http://tvline.com/2016/11/17/hawaii-...ving-max-exit/
Won't miss him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.