Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

MacGyver (CBS) -- S: Lucas Till, George Eads -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MacGyver (CBS) -- S: Lucas Till, George Eads -- Series Thread

Old 10-03-16, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts
Re: MacGyver (CBS) -- S: Lucas Till, George Eads -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/23

This is awful. I just can't take all the stupidity on screen. It's not even entertaining stupidity like Hawaii Five-O. George Eads is overacting so badly. The only intentionally funny moment is when Amy Acker's finace was a spitting image of George Eads. Otherwise, the only time I was laughing was at all the bad stuff that was unintentionally funny. I've dumped this show already.
Old 10-05-16, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: MacGyver (CBS) -- S: Lucas Till, George Eads -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/23

Yeah this was just bad. I watched both episodes and it's just terrible. It doesn't feel like MacGyver at all instead coming across like Scorpion meets Leverage with a dash of Burn Notice. RDA wasn't a great actor but he had a real likeability about him which this Mac sorely misses. And why the hell does Mac need a cover story with an annoying roommate? I'll keep watching since I'm a big MacGyver fan but I don't know how much more I can take.
Old 10-14-16, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Watching the episode from 2 weeks ago (10/7)

Oh my God, this episode's guest star was that douchebag from the final season of Californication who played Hank Moody's son.

I really did not need to see his fat ass walking around in the tighty whities.

at the scene with Mac performing surgery.
Old 10-15-16, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Just watched tonight's episode (10/14)

Kind of lame. Just a tired/rehashed plot about Russia, the cold war and an old Russian bomb that's a threat. Plus, they used a couple of very recognizable Russian actors who have been used to death in recent years. Same old tired Russian villains with the stereotypical thick accent.

Next week's episode does look fun and silly from the clip at the end.
Old 10-15-16, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm easy to entertain so the show is fine. However if it ended next week it does not really matter and would likely slip from my mind after a few months. It's the type of episodes that I'm sure I have seen a few times before.
Old 10-15-16, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

They have used the name Angus more in three episodes then the entire run of the original plus the TV movies. Eads mustache from the id last week and disguise this week were a good call back to the original Jack as was the Russian defector (same actor). I'm not sold on the new Penny but she had like three lines. I think the casting of Murdock will be my determining factor to drop or not. Now get off my lawn you hippie.

Last edited by Kdogg; 10-15-16 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-17-16, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

CBS orders a full season (22 episodes): http://tvline.com/2016/10/17/bull-fu...ael-weatherly/
Old 11-02-16, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought the last 2 episodes that aired were quite fun.

Train episode in Germany was fun with lots of bad guys and punches thrown. Also lots of cleavage shots of Tristin Mays.

This past Friday's with Mac's bomber nemesis was fun although predictable. At least we got a little back story on Mac.
Old 01-12-17, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk God

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ne-holt-963456

For those still watching. Meredith Eaton (short girl from Boston Legal) is replacing Sandrine Holt (former boss in the show)

I was surprised in Fridays episode to see Patricia being the mole.
Old 01-13-17, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I tuned in to see Amy Acker make another cameo. They married her character off, I'm guessing that is the last we see her for awhile.
Old 01-14-17, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Isn't short woman more recently on Rosewood?

Anyway I dumped this show.
This and Lethal Weapon are just so bleh.
Old 02-03-17, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Hawaii Five-O crossover planned. Will air March 10th.

Daniel Dae Kim, Grace Park and Taylor Wily will guest star on MacGyver as their H50 characters.

http://tvline.com/2017/02/03/hawaii-...im-grace-park/
Old 04-19-17, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Season Finale aired this past Friday.

I know this show wasn't really well liked here, but after a few rocky episodes to start, I thought it turned into a really fun action series.

Mac and Jack developed a really fun bromance and I didn't mind Bozer joining the team. Tristin Mays was awesome.

The last 2 episodes brought back Murdoc who was a villain earlier in the season. And the season ended on a cliffhanger with him escaping from the Phoenix corporation. Also Mac and Jack left on some kind of road trip to look for his father. There has been some talk that Richard Dean Anderson could appear in the future. I'm guessing they are looking to bring him as Macs father. So maybe season two.

One thing about George Eads is that he's so over the top on this show. Acting wise and the douchey hair cut (for a guy who's 50). But he did make me laugh on occasion.

Liked Meredith Eaton being brought in as the new boss. She had much more personality than Sandrine Holt and had some funny banter with the guys.

This is from the Producer of Hawaii Five-O and if you haven't watch it yet and liked H50, give this a shot. It's a light action procedural with humor.

Plus they teased another future crossover with Hawaii Five-O in the future.
Old 04-19-17, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 195 Likes on 167 Posts

Basically a "less stupid" version of "Under The Dome", with decent acting and scripts.
Old 04-19-17, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I need to rewatch it and Hawaii Five-O from the beginning of this past season . Good thing for CBS All-Access.
Old 04-20-17, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by morriscroy
Basically a "less stupid" version of "Under The Dome", with decent acting and scripts.
What is it with you and Under the Dome? That's a stupid comparison.

This is an action caper comedy procedural. Nothing even remotely in common with that show.
Old 04-20-17, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 195 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
What is it with you and Under the Dome? That's a stupid comparison.
A general all-purpose synonym for really really lousy shows.

Before that, the candidate word was "Jerry Springer".
Old 09-29-17, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk God

MacGyver (CBS) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/29/17

USING A CELL PHONE AND SOCCER BALL, MACGYVER AND THE TEAM SEARCH FOR A NAVY SEAL WHO IS BELIEVED TO BE ALIVE IN CAPTIVITY IN THE MIDDLE EAST, ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF "MACGYVER," FRIDAY, SEPT. 29

"DIY or DIE" - Using a cell phone and soccer ball, MacGyver and the team search for a Navy SEAL who is believed to be alive in captivity in the Middle East, on the second season premiere of MACGYVER, Friday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Lucas Till (Angus "Mac" MacGyver)
George Eads (Jack Dalton)
Justin Hires (Wilt Bozer)
Tristin Mays (Riley Davis)
Meredith Eaton (Matty Webber)
GUEST CAST:

Ricky Russert Lt. Samuel Diaz Marco Sanchez Mr. Diaz Daisy Pareja Mrs. Diaz Nelson Bonilla Dominguez Maz Siam Ten of Spades Richard Marrero Guard # 1 Ari Rufino Guard Mustafa Gatollari Rasha Sameer Ali Khan Nizar Danny Boushebel Sayid

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producers Peter Lenkov, Craig O'Neill and David Slack

DIRECTED BY: Stephen Herek

22 episode 2nd season

I know this show wasn't really liked here by those who sampled a few episodes.

But, I think it got better and became a fun Friday show. Especially after the mole was revealed and Bozer joined the team. I thought the chemistry with the cast members improved as the season progressed.

The crossover episode with H50 was also fun.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ImzyqnZrLZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-02-17, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: MacGyver (CBS) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/29/17

It was a fun episode, but not sure I'm really keen about them adding that new British girl to the team. Riley is already great as the lone female field op/techie team member. It's kinda disrupting the chemistry they slowly established in season 1.

Mac and Jack had some funny banter. I at the obvious green screen used when faking Cuba in the opening sequence.

Some really nice shots of Tristin Mays cleavage in this episode.
Old 10-08-17, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Friday's episode was fun. Liked that it was mostly focused on Riley going off on a solo mission.

Also, it was nice seeing how Riley and Jack have a very brother-sister like bond.

I love Matty, I at her snarky remarks at either Jack or Mac.

The new British girl still feels kind of out of place on the team. I don't think she's even that attractive either. Tristin Mays kicks her ass in that dept.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-08-17 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-08-17, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Friday's episode was fun. Liked that it was mostly focused on Riley going off on a solo mission.

Also, it was nice seeing how Riley and Jack have a very brother-sister like bond.

I love Matty, I at her snaky remarks at either Jack or Mac.

The new British girl still feels kind of out of place on the team. I don't think she's even that attractive either. Tristin Mays kicks her ass in that dept.
I thought it was just me that thought that. Also don’t besmirched the land of my birth...she’s Aussie not A Brit.
Old 10-08-17, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've already started referring to the new girl as Poochie (or Pucci, works just as well).
Old 10-29-17, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

Had no idea Lucas Till was in a a Taylor Swift video.

Old 09-28-18, 06:50 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts
Re: MacGyver (CBS) -- S: Lucas Till, George Eads -- Series Thread

AFTER QUITTING THE PHOENIX FOUNDATION THREE MONTHS EARLIER, MAC RELUCTANTLY RETURNS WHEN HE HEARS THAT JACK IS THE TARGET OF A MURDEROUS DICTATOR, ON THE THIRD SEASON PREMIERE OF "MACGYVER", FRIDAY, SEPT. 28

"Improvise" - Three months after quitting the Phoenix Foundation and moving to Nigeria, Mac puts aside his differences with his father and returns when he hears Jack is the target of a murderous dictator he double-crossed, on the third season premiere of MACGYVER, Friday, Sept. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Lucas Till (Angus "Mac" MacGyver)
George Eads (Jack Dalton)
Tristin May (Riley Davis)
Justin Hires (Wilt Bozer)
Meredith Eaton (Matty)

RECURRING CAST:

Tate Donovan (Oversight)
Reign Edwards (Leanna Martin)
David Dastmalchian (Murdoc)
Kate Bond (Jill)

GUEST CAST:

Hakeem Kae-Kazim (Solomon)
Ilia Volok (Roman Mareks)
Sibongile Mlambo (Nasha)
Richie Stephens (Serhiy Yaroslav)
Gil Darnell (Oleg Vadim/Voice)
Yan Dron (Russian MP # 1)
Ryan Constantine Monolopolus (Russian MP # 2)
Shinar Frazier (Suited Limo Driver)
Dalon Huntington (Airport Security)
Georgui Kasaev (Mareks Soldier)
Pavel Kozlov (Driver)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producers Peter Lenkov and Craig O'Neill

DIRECTED BY: Stephen Herek
Old 11-26-18, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: MacGyver (CBS) -- S: Lucas Till, George Eads -- Series Thread

I know no one here cares or watches (I'm about a season behind), but George Eads has quit the show. He will be written out, but won't be killed off.

In case you don't know, he's the co-lead.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/george-...ll-1202509202/

Report says he hates working in Atlanta, where the show films. It was originally suppose to originally film in Los Angeles, where he lives.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.