Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-07-17, 03:32 PM   #76
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Blacklist (S4E12) -- "Natalie Luca" -- 2/2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBFan24 View Post
Boring season for me so far. It seems as if the writers are saving all the storylines for Blacklist Redemption, and as a result, the parent-show suffers.

Basic law of diminishing returns. If you want to do a spinoff, save it until the original show is off the air.
Possibly. Seems more like the show started suffering far sooner as they went away form the original actual Blacklist premise for the show. It all worked much better when the people they were going after we're part of some actual fictional list of the worst people that existed (and it made sense for the FBI to go after them) and the same people also often had some connection to Red.
Old 02-09-17, 09:34 PM   #77
DVD Talk Hero

The Blacklist (S4E13) -- "Isabella Stone" -- 2/9/17

Quote:
"THE BLACKLIST"

(X) "ISABELLA STONE" ORIGINAL

02/09/2017 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : The Task Force springs into action to find a sophisticated criminal (guest star Melora Hardin) who has been targeting Red's (James Spader) businesses. An unexpected event sets Tom (Ryan Eggold) on the hunt for information about his past. TV-14 L, V

2 more episodes left tonight, then the show goes on hiatus until April for the spinoff.
Old 02-16-17, 08:54 PM   #78
DVD Talk Hero

The Blacklist (S4E14) -- "The Architect" -- 2/16/17

Quote:
"THE BLACKLIST"

"THE ARCHITECT" ORIGINAL

02/16/2017 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : Aram (Amir Arison) goes undercover as a hacker in order to identify a notorious criminal who for a price will design, construct and execute the perfect crime. Tom (Ryan Eggold) expands his search for missing details about his childhood, while Red (James Spader) takes action to locate the source of his compromised business operations. TV-14 L, V

Next week is the Winter Finale, also The Blacklist: Redemption premieres next week as well.
Old 02-20-17, 08:19 PM   #79
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Blacklist (S4E14) -- "The Architect" -- 2/16/17

Always enjoy watching Spiner. Even if it ends up being a pretty meh one-off villain spot.

Fans of Terry O'Quinn were glad to see that he will be playing Tom's undead daddy at some point during Redemption. I have to assume that is the intent of showing pictures of such a well known actor even though the dialog was about the character being dead. For the few that don't recognize Terry I guess they will be surprised when he shows up very much alive.
Old 02-23-17, 08:44 AM   #80
DVD Talk Hero

The Blacklist (S4E15) -- Winter Finale -- "The Apothecary" -- 2/23/17

Quote:
"THE BLACKLIST"

"THE APOTHECARY" ORIGINAL

02/23/2017 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Thursday) : After being dosed with a deadly poison, Red (James Spader) must retrace his steps to uncover who of his closest confidants has betrayed him. Meanwhile, Liz (Megan Boone) and the Task Force desperately search for the designer of the toxin in a race against time to save Red. TV-14 L, V

Going on hiatus for 2 months after tonight.

The spinoff, The Blacklist: Redemption, will take over it's timeslot.
Old 02-23-17, 08:51 AM   #81
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Blacklist (S4E15) -- Winter Finale -- "The Apothecary" -- 2/23/17

Sure seems like they have been playing it up to be Mr. Kaplan trying to take Red down. If that it, seems like the only mystery is just how much help there has been. Dembe in on it? Wound't rule it out given how they made it clear that he wasn't cool with him "taking out" Kaplan.
Old 02-26-17, 12:28 PM   #82
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Blacklist (S4E15) -- Winter Finale -- "The Apothecary" -- 2/23/17

Yup, Dembe is in on it. Only reveal left is who is pulling the strings. Dembe couldn't have pulled this off on his own given the amount of time he was hanging out with Red.
Old 04-21-17, 12:43 AM   #83
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The Blacklist (NBC) -- Season 4 Thread -- premieres 9/22/16

The show returned from hiatus tonight.

2 episodes aired back to back

Quote:
"THE BLACKLIST"

"DEMBE ZUMA" ORIGINAL

04/20/2017 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Thursday) : After weeks of hunting for Dembe (Hisham Tawfiq), Red (James Spader) and the Task Force finally get a lead on his whereabouts when Aram (Amir Arison) goes missing. Meanwhile, Dembe takes a calculated risk as Red closes in. TV-14 S, V

"THE BLACKLIST"

"REQUIEM" ORIGINAL

04/20/2017 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : Memories of the past set Red (James Spader) on a dangerous collision course with an enemy determined to destroy his criminal empire. TV-14 L, S, V

There are 5 more episodes left this season after tonight
Old 04-21-17, 05:55 AM   #84
DVD Talk Legend

I've followed this show on and off. I was caught up through last season, saw a few of this season then drifted away for other shows. They are all still sitting on the DVR so I'm sure I'll watch at some point. Too many shows that my wife has no interest in so my time is limited to when I can watch them.
Back in 1992 my job was to convince people they needed a cellphone. How things have changed. // 65" LG OLED B6P, Pioneer Elite vsx91, MX-450 remote, 273 DVD's, Samsung K8500 UHD 394 titles, Toshiba A35 72 titles, Definitive Technologies speakers and supercube sub.// Still wanted on Hi-Def disc: Bugsy/Dragnet/PearlHarbor(Directors cut)/Timeline/Tin Cup/True Lies
Old 04-21-17, 08:01 AM   #85
DVD Talk Legend

These eps were great... and Mr. Kaplan is truly the "Devil you know" and she is to be reckoned with.

I love how her story was woven into the entire run of the series... it's not an after thought.

For all the lows this season has has, it's at a high point again.
Old 04-21-17, 02:52 PM   #86
DVD Talk Special Edition

The cleaner's backstory was done very well. So far the only interesting episode this season so far, which I liked a lot.

Otherwise, this season was largely a snoozer so far.
Old 04-22-17, 11:47 PM   #87

Kaplan back story did not disappoint.
Old 04-23-17, 02:33 AM   #88

Is this the first actual confirmation (there was already much suspicion of course) that Red thinks Elizabeth is his daughter?
Old 04-23-17, 08:03 PM   #89
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
Kaplan back story did not disappoint.
It was the strongest hour of TV this show has done in a long time. I feel a lot of the story was a ret-con instead of something planned, but it was an effective one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Is this the first actual confirmation (there was already much suspicion of course) that Red thinks Elizabeth is his daughter?
Red admitted it to Alexander Kirk earlier this season when Kirk was torturing Red, although at that time it wasn't clear Red wasn't simply saying what Kirk wanted to hear.
Old 04-24-17, 09:49 AM   #90
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fantastic way to come back. I still really am enjoying this show and season but it has been a little up and down.
Old 04-27-17, 07:18 PM   #91
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
It was the strongest hour of TV this show has done in a long time. I feel a lot of the story was a ret-con instead of something planned, but it was an effective one.
Well, planned or not whoever wrote the Mr. Kaplan story did a hell of a job. It brought a lot of threads together. Hope it isn't prep for the swan song.
Old 04-27-17, 09:14 PM   #92
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Enrique Murciano (Without a Trace) is joining the cast for a bit as Julian Gale... a guy Ressler worked with in the past.