Black Lightning (DC Comics) -- From EP Greg Berlanti -- In Development

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Black Lightning (DC Comics) -- From EP Greg Berlanti -- In Development

Old 05-18-17, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: Black Lightning (DC Comics) -- From EP Greg Berlanti -- In Development

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
So is no Arrowverse a plus or minus for this one?
They said "for now". So it's only a matter of time. It doesn't matter much either way- as long as the show is good.
Old 12-01-17, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Black Lightning is premiering Tuesday January 16, 2018 after The Flash.

It's replacing Legends of Tomorrow

"BLACK LIGHTNING" MAKES ITS SERIES PREMIERE TUESDAY, JANUARY 16 ON THE CW

The CW Also Unveils Dates of New Episodes for Each Series Following the Holiday Break

November 16, 2017 (Burbank, CA) - The CW Network's electrifying new superhero BLACK LIGHTNING will make his debut on Tuesday, January 16 (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT), following a new episode of THE FLASH (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT).

As BLACK LIGHTNING begins, Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) is a man wrestling with a secret. As the father of two daughters and principal of a charter high school that also serves as a safe haven for young people in a neighborhood overrun by gang violence, he is a hero to his community. Nine years ago, Pierce was a hero of a different sort. Gifted with the superhuman power to harness and control electricity, he used those powers to keep his hometown streets safe as the masked vigilante Black Lightning. However, after too many nights with his life on the line, and seeing the effects of the damage and loss that his alter ego was inflicting on his family, he left his Super Hero days behind and settled into being a principal and a dad. Choosing to help his city without using his superpowers, he watched his daughters Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Jennifer (China Anne McClain) grow into strong young women, even though his marriage to their mother, Lynn (Christine Adams), suffered. Almost a decade later, Pierce's crime-fighting days are long behind him... or so he thought. But with crime and corruption spreading like wildfire, and those he cares about in the crosshairs of the menacing local gang The One Hundred, Black Lightning returns - to save not only his family, but also the soul of his community.

Based on the characters from DC, BLACK LIGHTNING is from Berlanti Productions and Akil Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti ("Arrow," "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," "The Flash," "Supergirl"), Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil ("Being Mary Jane," "The Game," "Girlfriends") and Sarah Schechter ("Arrow," "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," "The Flash," "Supergirl"). The Black Lightning character was created by Tony Isabella with Trevor Von Eeden.

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW will return with new episodes on a new night and time in February.
Old 12-02-17, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
Black Lightning is premiering Tuesday January 16, 2018 after The Flash.

It's replacing Legends of Tomorrow
I give it a year until characters from this show start making appearances on the other CW/DC shows (and vice-versa).
Old 12-02-17, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I think it will depend on ratings. If Black Lightning gets renewed, I'm sure we'll see one of the other CW superheroes appear as a guest.
Old 12-02-17, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
I give it a year until characters from this show start making appearances on the other CW/DC shows (and vice-versa).
Might be difficult. BL is filmed in Atlanta iirc, while other shows are in Vancouver.
Old 12-03-17, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 917 Likes on 640 Posts

Oh man. ANOTHER Arrowverse show to keep up with? I think they need to do shorter seasons. Maybe it's just me but they really start to all blend together when you're watching 4 hours of TV of just the Arrowverse a week.
Old 12-03-17, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tanman
Oh man. ANOTHER Arrowverse show to keep up with? I think they need to do shorter seasons. Maybe it's just me but they really start to all blend together when you're watching 4 hours of TV of just the Arrowverse a week.
Black Lightning does have a shorter first season.
Old 12-13-17, 06:17 PM
Banned

Uh, ok. Doesn't look any worse than the other CW/DC shows I guess...
Old 12-14-17, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's a sizzle reel, so it's hard reading anything substantial from it about the show. Though the acting was hammy in some of those clips.
Old 01-12-18, 02:07 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

Amazon Video has the season pass for Black Lightning: Season 1 (HD) at $3.99. It's probably a misprice.

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-15-18, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Amazon Video has the season pass for Black Lightning: Season 1 (HD) at $3.99. It's probably a misprice.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Lightni...dp/B078XNQ5LY/
Doh...3 days late, as it is now a hair over $30 for the HD season pass (wonder if they honored anyone who got lucky and bought when it was priced wrong, anyway).

AV Club just gave this an A review so while I was going to watch anyway I am now even more stoked. Also, did not realize that Cress Williams who was fantastic as the Mayor in Hart Of Dixie was the star so that is awesome.

I actually like that they claim the creators of this show are trying to remain separate from the Arrowverse...here's to hoping they do not succumb to crossoveritis before at least the first 2 seasons have passed (although they will probably end up crossing over with the Arrowverse, such is life).
Old 01-15-18, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

I wouldn't think a crossover is very likely. This is shot in Atlanta while the other shows are shot in Vancouver.