Reload this Page >

The X-Files (FOX) -- Season 11 News and Rumors

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-10-16, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Rather than bumping the season 10 finale thread over and over, here's a thread to put all the latest on when the hell this show might come back.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/x-files-...ox-1201800879/

David Duchovny really wants you to believe that The X-Files is coming back again on Fox – “soon-ish.” Putting more than the tea leaves in motion, the Aquarius star took to social media today to wish co-star Gillian Anderson a happy birthday and send some news to fans and Fox TV Group chairman Dana Walden.

Take a look here at what Duchovny teased about another season of FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully on the case – whatever the case might be:

David Duchovny ‏@davidduchovny 15h15 hours ago
Happy Birthday, Gillian. If you see Dana, tell her Fox says she might wanna polish up the ol' badge soon-ish. Love, D

The brief words from the three-time Golden Globe winner come a day after Walden and Fox Entertainment president David Madden talked up at TCA that “significant talks” are underway to bring back the Chris Carter created series for another limited run.

The X-Files initially ran from 1993 to 2002 on Fox and became a cultural touchstone of the Clinton Era with its mysteries within mysteries, power plays and search for alien contact with humans. The 6-episode revival earlier this year proved to be a hit for the net, with strong broadcast results and even stronger digital and on-demand pull.

“I don’t see a full season of episodes, but I’d be happy to get 10 or 8 episodes,” said Walden on Monday of more X-Files, which have been under discussion for awhile. Looks like Duchovny would be happy with that too so guess that ol’ Bureau badge better get polished up.

Here's another article about those who were unhappy with the miniseries.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/08/x-files

Posted August 8 2016 — 4:59 PM EDT

Fox is defending its The X-Files revival last season, which some critics felt was wildly uneven.

EW gave the premiere of the sci-fi reboot a C- grade (others were even more harsh), though bestowed the third episode of the season an A grade, concluding the six-episode revival was “never better, never worse.” Many fans felt the bookending mythology episodes were clunky, stuffed with shouty exposition, while the stand-alone episodes seemed to recapture some of the 1990s series’ original magic.

“I actually think that the season, the six episodes, were strong,” said Fox entertainment president David Madden. “We worked hard with [creator Chris Carter]. The episodes represent Chris and his team’s vision. Everybody reads what they read, but if we have the opportunity to do more episodes, we will take our cue from Chris and his team and I think that there was some very strong work the previous season and we look forward to more.
I would just add that the show was off the air for a very long time and was introduced to a variety of new viewers. There was still a lot of time to cover in these six episodes so they had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are at the start of the six episodes. I think going forward there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series, but I will tell you that on our social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. So, like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed.”

Madden added he’s definitely trying to strike deals with all involved to get another season of the show. “There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals,” he said. “Schedules are hard but we’re working hard to get this done and we would love to get [another] season out.”

The next season of The X-Files would once again probably not be a full season, but executives say they’re aiming for about 10 episodes.

I saw another article that said one of the main factors of another season not getting the greenlight right away is the availability of Duchovny and Anderson. She lives in England and Duchovny splits time between LA and NY for jobs, so it's hard for them to sync their schedules to film in Vancouver for the 6 months of shooting.

I'm sure money is also a huge factor. It would probably take a nice salary increase for them to come back.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-10-16 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-10-16, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X-Files (FOX) -- Season 11 News and Rumors

I'd be up for more. And please Chris Carter, don't mess it up. Again.
Old 08-10-16, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Last season was great. I liked all of the episodes.

I don't know how they'll fix the 'worldwide epidemic' without going big.
Old 08-10-16, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
I don't know how they'll fix the 'worldwide epidemic' without going big.
Just have it fizzle out inbetween seasons like Millennium.
Old 08-10-16, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

This show needs 10 episodes at a minimum. 6 was a joke and not enough time to set up or resolve anything when you factor in MOTW episodes.
Old 08-10-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If there was any fault with the last season it was that it was too short. Not enough time to establish the larger story line around the monster episodes. Hope they go to at least a 70/30 split favoring the mythology episodes if they do another season.
Old 08-10-16, 12:56 PM

Season 10 was such a letdown for me. I'd like to think they could improve with more episodes, but I have no confidence that would happen at this point.
Old 08-10-16, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

10-12 episode seasons would be perfect. Devote 3-4 for the mytharc and the remaining ones can be standalone monsters.
Old 08-10-16, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it's starts off on the wrong foot when you just say that the last 9 seasons where all bullshit and forget everything you have seen or been lead to believe cause.. yeah, new plot twist!

Also, yeah, needs more time to introduce some huge shit. Really was let down by that last season.
Old 08-10-16, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
If there was any fault with the last season it was that it was too short. Not enough time to establish the larger story line around the monster episodes. Hope they go to at least a 70/30 split favoring the mythology episodes if they do another season.
After such a long break from season 9, it also took time for everyone to get into the old groove (writers, Duchovny & Anderson, etc.). At least if there's a season 11, it shouldn't have the same issue.
Old 08-12-16, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the question is, if the last two episodes are any indication... is this the grove you want the X-files to be on?
Old 08-12-16, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Forget about smoking dude, Lets get some of the lone gunmen cooking...
Old 08-12-16, 07:06 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Forget about smoking dude, Lets get some of the lone gunmen cooking...

I'd love if they brought back Krycek!
Old 08-12-16, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
the question is, if the last two episodes are any indication... is this the grove you want the X-files to be on?
Wasn't the last episode filmed at the same time as the first episode? Not a fair question.
Old 10-27-16, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk God

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2016/10/fox-...-within-weeks/

Rumor: FOX close to ordering a 10 episode 11th season
Old 10-27-16, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hold off buying any complete series sets.
Old 10-27-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk God

From the story:

I’m told (FOX) is eyeing a Spring/Mid-2017 production start in Vancouver. Sources also tell TVWise that Fox is eyeing the new season for a key slot on their 2017 Fall schedule.

Once the official pick-up comes down, talks will then begin with other key players who are deemed vital for the new season. That includes Glen Morgan, who wrote and executive produced season ten, and Mitch Pileggi who plays Mulder and Scully’s erstwhile boss, FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner. Chris Carter will once again serve as lead writer, executive producer and showrunner. There is no word on who Carter is looking at to staff the writers room for these new episodes, which will have to pick up from the cliffhanger ending of season ten.
Old 10-27-16, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

I need more Scully in my life. I am one of the few who seemed to like season ten so I say bring it on.
Old 10-27-16, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stvn1974
I need more Scully in my life. I am one of the few who seemed to like season ten so I say bring it on.
I loved it. I am even hoping that they bring back Lauren Ambrose (don't care as much about the new partner). Would be sweet if they got Robert Patrick to come back this time as well.
Old 10-27-16, 01:10 PM

Maybe my expectations were out of line after going back and re-watching the early seasons on Blu-ray, buy I found S10 awful. I'll give it another shot though and hope for an improvement.
Old 10-27-16, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

I liked season ten and would love to see more X-Files. There just doesn't seem to be enough interest in another movie, so I will take what I can get.
Old 01-12-17, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk God

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/11/x-files-2018/

Fox’s most popular “new” show last year was the revival of The X-Files, and now the network is finally very close to ordering more episodes.

At the Television Critics Association’s press tour in Pasadena, California on Wednesday, Fox president David Madden told reporters that while the deal-making is “complex” on the show due to the schedules of stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, the network expects “to have an announcement shortly.”

After Fox’s executive session, Madden told us he wanted to have a reveal ready for Wednesday’s event, but any deals weren’t quite done.

Fox is looking to have more than the shortened, six-episode season that was ordered for last year’s revival … but also cautioned that its order won’t be as large as a traditional 22-episode broadcast series.

Most likely, The X-Files will return in 2018, the executive noted.

If season 11 ever gets officially ordered, I can't imagine they will pick up where it left off. 3 years is a really long time in between seasons.
Old 01-12-17, 05:57 AM

Last show wasn't very good either, so let's assume it was Mulder's dream and redo.
Old 01-12-17, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Yeah, I really hope they retcon that stupid last conspiracy, which was itself a retcon of the first nine seasons.
Old 01-12-17, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

More than 6 episodes is a good thing. Gives them time to get in a mini arc and some MOTW episodes without feeling rushed.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.