Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (HBO) -- Season 7 News, Rumors, Castings and More -- 7/16/17

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-17, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (HBO) -- Season 7 News, Rumors, Castings and More -- 7/16/17

I am thinking that this season will be about taking down Cersei and consolidating power throughout the Seven Kingdoms and the final one will about uniting to destroy the threat of the White Walkers.
I am curious as to what it meant in one of the teasers when Cersei exhales and you can see her breath.

Spoiler:
Does it mean Winter is arriving in King's Landing, or does it mean that Cersei may fall but potentially return as Queen to the Night King?
Old 05-29-17, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (HBO) -- Season 7 News, Rumors, Castings and More -- 7/16/17

This is Mega-Cool :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rJptguZvY0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-21-17, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

new trailer out... i cant embed it from work but its all over Facebook
Old 06-21-17, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 433 Likes on 297 Posts

Old 06-21-17, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

I... can't.... wait!
Old 06-22-17, 01:56 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

My favorite show on TV but the trailers are very meh...outside of the gigantic dragons.
Old 06-22-17, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts

That trailer has me hyped!
Old 06-22-17, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it 6 episodes? I havent looked it up but a friend told me it was. I hope everyone is EPIC... this is much watch tv live for me. Sunday NIGHTS! =)
Old 06-22-17, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by csant
Is it 6 episodes? I havent looked it up but a friend told me it was. I hope everyone is EPIC... this is much watch tv live for me. Sunday NIGHTS! =)
No. It's 7 episodes.

Season 8 will be 6 episodes and the last.
Old 06-22-17, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This season is 7 Episodes. The Final Season will be 6 Episodes.
Old 06-22-17, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still can't wait... I WANT THEM ALL AT ONCE TOO. lol
Old 06-22-17, 04:33 PM

Its 7 episodes but some are super sized (and one really short one) so I think it is about 8 episodes in length going off previous seasons.
Old 06-22-17, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I am thinking that this season will be about taking down Cersei and consolidating power throughout the Seven Kingdoms and the final one will about uniting to destroy the threat of the White Walkers.
I'm thinking the same. This season will be about Daenerys and her army systematically taking over the kingdoms one by one working toward King's Landing. While an epic battle is going on Arya get's into the palace to kill Cersei. She has to fight her way past Frankenstein to get to her. Once alone with Cersei she kills her or Jaime does.
Daenerys then heads to defeat Jon Snow and take the north. At some point it's discovered that Snow has dragon blood and can also control and ride the dragons. Realizing they are related Daenerys and Jon Snow form an alliance to battle the Walkers.
There will be battle with the Walkers. Daenerys riding one dragon, Jon Snow the other.
Show will end with Jon Snow as king, or co-ruling with Daenerys.
Old 06-23-17, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I think Daenerys will die the 3rd episode into the season and Dorne will end up taking over Westeros
Old 06-23-17, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I think Daenerys will die the 3rd episode into the season and Dorne will end up taking over Westeros
You'd get good odds in Vegas for that.
Old 06-23-17, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
I'm thinking the same. This season will be about Daenerys and her army systematically taking over the kingdoms one by one working toward King's Landing. While an epic battle is going on Arya get's into the palace to kill Cersei. She has to fight her way past Frankenstein to get to her. Once alone with Cersei she kills her or Jaime does.
Daenerys then heads to defeat Jon Snow and take the north. At some point it's discovered that Snow has dragon blood and can also control and ride the dragons. Realizing they are related Daenerys and Jon Snow form an alliance to battle the Walkers.
There will be battle with the Walkers. Daenerys riding one dragon, Jon Snow the other.
Show will end with Jon Snow as king, or co-ruling with Daenerys.
I think that's too pat. I forsee a more bittersweet ending to the show.
Old 06-25-17, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm thinking the same. This season will be about Daenerys and her army systematically taking over the kingdoms one by one working toward King's Landing.
7 kingdoms, 7 episodes.

(Not that I expect a direct correlation between each episode and each kingdom, but it might be close to that.)
Old 06-25-17, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
I think that's too pat. I forsee a more bittersweet ending to the show.
GRRM has said the ending will be bittersweet. The name of the saga is "Song of Ice and Fire", which seems to indicate that it will culminate with Jon Snow and Daenarys being the endgame players. Here's what I predict and I won't spoilerize because it's ALL speculation:

-Littlefinger buys the farm this season (I don't mean he retires somewhere in Westeros either).
-The series may end with Dany and Jon uniting, but like relationships before them it is doomed. One dies in the others arms. The more optimistic ending is Jon dies by Dany is pregnant with a child who will rule the kingdoms as a symbol of their union. Another is Dany dies and Jon ends as the ruler.
-There is NO WAY all four remaining Stark children (including Jon) make to series end. I predict a heel turn by Sansa at some point. No way she can witness and suffer so many evil acts and not have it skew her worldview. I think Ramsey knew what he said when he told her she was changed.
Old 06-25-17, 06:51 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=rw2516;13101277While an epic battle is going on Arya get's into the palace to kill Cersei. She has to fight her way past Frankenstein to get to her. Once alone with Cersei she kills her or Jaime does.
[/QUOTE]

All the things the witch told Cersei (on the show) have come true.

In the book, the witch also tells Cersei: "And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you." "Valonqar" means "little brother" in Valyrian.

So, I don't think Arya will kill Cersei, but you never know, the show is different.
It could be Tyrion, but I think it will be Jaime.
Old 06-25-17, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The prophecy scene in the show pointedly does not refer to the valonquar strangling Cersei to death, which I think is very telling.

I know she's GRRM's (or at least, GRRM's wife's) favourite character, but I can't see Arya surviving to the final episode. She's just gone down such a dark path that she can't return to the light.

I do see Sansa making it though. She has gone through so much over the seasons, only to survive all of her enemies.

Between Jon and Dany, I don't see them both surviving. If I were to bet, I would pick Jon to survive and to fulfill the literary trope of the Journey of Self-Discovery. GRRM once made a curious comment about Dany that she had received history books as a wedding present but never bothered to read them, alluding to the "history forgotten is history repeated" expression. At this point, Dany has a massive tactical advantage over everyone else playing the Game. It would be obvious for her to win (and the trailers play this up to with her forces continually crushing the Lannisters'), so I can see GRRM going against the grain and having her suffer.
Old 06-26-17, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko

In the book, the witch also tells Cersei: "And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you." "Valonqar" means "little brother" in Valyrian.

So, I don't think Arya will kill Cersei, but you never know, the show is different.
Although he committed the first act of evil in the first episode, I see Jaime as a good guy. The feeling I get is that he's been under Cersei's influence since they were little kids. The incest was probably her idea.
As the show progresses he seems to realizing what a **** she is. He'll come to the point of "enough is enough" and do her in.
Old 06-26-17, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Although he committed the first act of evil in the first episode, I see Jaime as a good guy. The feeling I get is that he's been under Cersei's influence since they were little kids. The incest was probably her idea.
As the show progresses he seems to realizing what a **** she is. He'll come to the point of "enough is enough" and do her in.
And probably kill himself right after. They came into this world together, and leave it together as well.
Old 06-26-17, 05:04 PM

There's 3 heads to the Targ dragon:

Dany (Obviously a Targ)

Jon ( Rhaegars and Lyannas child

Tyrion (possibly a Targ since it is hinted he is not really Tywins son

So they will be the three riders.

I would not count out Littlefinger sitting on the Throne at the end, though I also see the distinct possibility that Bran winds up doing some stupid shit with time and ruins the whole show.
Old 06-27-17, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko

If it is Jaime he won't be wrapping his hands around her throat, he only has one.
Old 06-27-17, 07:19 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

I predict Bronn takes the iron throne.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.