Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear the Walking Dead (S2E04) -- "Blood in The Streets" -- 5/1/16

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-16, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Fear the Walking Dead (S2E04) -- "Blood in The Streets" -- 5/1/16

On the all new episode entitled, "Blood in The Streets" - written by Kate Erickson and directed by Michael Uppendahl - a family in distress boards the Abigail. Strand branches off and his past begins to emerge. Nick searches for an associate of Strand's.

"Fear the Walking Dead" is executive produced by showrunner Dave Erickson, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert and stars Kim Dickens as Madison, Cliff Curtis as Travis, Frank Dillane as Nick, Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia, Ruben Blades as Daniel, Mercedes Mason as Ofelia, Lorenzo James Henrie as Chris and Colman Domingo as Strand.

Episode 4 of 15

FYI, there are 3 more episodes left for the 1st half of this season.
Old 05-01-16, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E04) -- "Blood in The Streets" -- 5/1/16

Not saying much but that was the best episode yet.
Old 05-01-16, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Yea, still not great - but by far the best episode.

I like that someone actually did something smart... ie. Nick using the tent to get him close enough to the walker and avoid getting bitten while he stabs it.

Is there a law that forces every show to have at least one gay character?
Old 05-02-16, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well one more "things that can happen on a boat" to cross off the list of story lines. I thought it was a pretty good ep. Well ya know, for a show about zombies set on a boat.

Also interesting to see how far back my -Oh wait, it's that guy from that show or something- memory goes that I was able to notice that one of the invaders was Jesse McCartney from Summerland. Glancing at his IMDB page I see he has done a lot of other stuff but I've just never seen any of them
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0565366/

I always thought that guy was a few layers down in the casting pool along the lines of that classic Simpson's joke about ".....get me his non-union Mexican equivalent!" Seņor Spielbergo.

Like some casting agent is going: We need a younger Ricky Schroder type for this role. So someone like Thomas Dekker but even cheaper and with some Justin Bieber in the mix. Then *BAM* Jesse McCartney gets that phone call. Hey good for him, it still pays the rent.

and while I might talk shit about the guy I will admit I still have "Leavin'" on a mix CD in my car. Hey I like crappy pop music. lol

https://youtu.be/zR5_KkxgGqE
Old 05-02-16, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Why on earth would you leave that fuckwit Chris on watch? Either he or Alicia needs to die this season. They are too stupid to live.
Old 05-02-16, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Chris on watch? Either he or Alicia needs to die this season
Chris on watch plus the hot chick being a total distraction was ripe to fail anyways.

I'm not really sure who you kill off this season. The Walking Dead has a lot of random character that are ripe to be thrown to the zombies. Larger cast and a better setting for people coming and going. Where as this show is all families and very few red shirt like pure cannon fodder characters.

Then again I think a lot of us here are kind of hate watching the show to a degree. They could of pitched two people over the side of the boat this ep and I would of just shrugged. I've never disliked a cast this much while still just watching the show week after week.
Old 05-02-16, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I doubt Alicia is going anywhere soon since she gave up her character on The 100 to focus on this show.
Old 05-02-16, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I think Chris and Travis are expendible. Everyone else is actually starting to grow on me a bit.
Old 05-02-16, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Did I miss the part where they dropped off addict boy at the SD/Mexi border? How does Mexico still have a military to fight but the US, especially San Diego is decimated?
Old 05-02-16, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Apparently recovering addicts possess the power of teleportation. Maybe it was because he was covered in zombie guts, as they seem to teleport silently in TWD.

I was kind of torn on the opening scene ... On one hand, why the hell would you walk into a "tent city"? Seems like the kind of place which should be swarming with walkers. On the other hand, he finally did something I have been advocating all along: make noise to draw them out so you know what you are dealing with. It drives me nuts on TWD when they insist on creeping around small enclosed areas. Stand at the door and make some noise so no walkers are sneaking up on you!

Still not sure if this was a good episode, but it is one that has left me the most intrigued. Only 3 episodes left and we have actually accomplished less than the worst half season of TWD. Wow.

Ruben Blades character is being horribly underused. He is the most intriguing character (Strand is a close second) due to his past, but they aren't doing anything with him. Meanwhile, MethHead (not to be confused with Archie Bunker's MeatHead) is fucking superhero/secret agent. WTF?
Old 05-02-16, 11:44 AM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Travis could have taken that kid NUMEROUS times. Was he being a coward? Didn't want to get his hands dirty? That was just ridiculous.
Old 05-02-16, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Did you guys not see the show in it's entirety?
Nick was in the beginning swimming ashore. It was shown later how and why. But I guess since most dont like the show, they dont pay much attention ... despite watching the show they dislike

Nice to see Bo Dallas get some work since he aint getting shit in WWE. Actually, I thought I recognized the kid then saw on Talking Dead he was the kid in 'It Follows'. He fooled Alicia but I can already see she is about to turn it back on him. It'd be nice if she want all Lexa on him sooner or later.

This was definitely a better episode. We got lots of back story and Strand and we got some Walking Dead action going now.
Old 05-02-16, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I agree that this episode was a solid notch above normal, despite staying true to the extremely stupid characters roots of the series.
Old 05-02-16, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by jwb0323
Travis could have taken that kid NUMEROUS times. Was he being a coward? Didn't want to get his hands dirty? That was just ridiculous.
I thought about that, but figured he didn't want to take a chance on getting Alicia killed, since she was alone with Jack.
Old 05-02-16, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, he doesn't know whats going on up there and he's not about to have his Daughter killed.

It was also nice to see Nick in some new clothes!
Old 05-02-16, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Coral
Is there a law that forces every show to have at least one gay character?
Yeah.

It's called the "Gay people exist and you probably see one every day, so it's only natural that you'd encounter one during the zombie apocalypse if your story takes place on Earth and involves humans" rule.

That said, we can't be sure Slade is gay.
Old 05-02-16, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
Did you guys not see the show in it's entirety?
Nick was in the beginning swimming ashore. It was shown later how and why. But I guess since most dont like the show, they dont pay much attention ... despite watching the show they dislike
Too bad there are no Olympics in the zombie apocalypse. Yes, I watched the show. The one where a recovering teenage city-dwelling addict swam miles and miles (far enough that you can't see land) from the middle of the ocean at night (in high tide) to an exact point on land ... Without getting winded. Yep, saw it.

Edited to add: oh, and he saved a piece of paper while swimming. Did he carry his shoes with him too?
Old 05-02-16, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He had a bag for his cloths. Pretty sure that's where the piece of paper was kept

And where do you get miles and miles? For all we know, Strand took him in the Zodiac most of the way.
Old 05-02-16, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I actually find Talking Dead after FTWD more entertaining cause Hardwick struggles for 60 minutes to try to make this show relevant. They even trotted out Yvette Nicole Brown and her notebook to come up with some thematic purpose to the Episode.

These characters are so unlikeable its hard to really give a shit about anything that happens cause you're hoping for someone to get bitten.
Old 05-02-16, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A lot of people seem to waste their time watching shit they dont like. I could never put myself through that.
Old 05-02-16, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Did I miss something? How was Chris swimming to shore ?
Old 05-02-16, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess strand dropped him off close enough to the boarder, but yet there was choppers and what not overhead that never really got some sort of connection to the yacht of shore? I dunno. I just accepted it as it was. Dude is some sort of miracle kid that can do everything except find clothing that aren't basically a hipster reject attire.
Old 05-03-16, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I wont post here anymore cause I don't want to keep posting negative comments for people who like the show, but I'm officially done with this show. When everyone gets captured, I couldn't figure out who to root for, that is when I realized these characters are horrible.
Old 05-03-16, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by coli
I wont post here anymore cause I don't want to keep posting negative comments for people who like the show, but I'm officially done with this show. When everyone gets captured, I couldn't figure out who to root for, that is when I realized these characters are horrible.
Since this show appears to be about a family drama, I doubt we will see anybody in this blended family get killed off any time soon. All of them should be dead due to their stupidity except perhaps the druggie son who pulled off some ninja action this episode. Travis is the worse but the daughter is beyond dumb.
Old 05-04-16, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
I actually find Talking Dead after FTWD more entertaining cause Hardwick struggles for 60 minutes to try to make this show relevant. They even trotted out Yvette Nicole Brown and her notebook to come up with some thematic purpose to the Episode.

These characters are so unlikeable its hard to really give a shit about anything that happens cause you're hoping for someone to get bitten.
If anything, it really shows what a talent Hardwick is that he can maintain that kind of energy talking about this very bland show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.