Reload this Page >

Better Call Saul (S2E10) -- Season Finale -- "Klick" -- 4/18/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Better Call Saul (S2E10) -- Season Finale -- "Klick" -- 4/18/16

Old 04-18-16, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Better Call Saul (S2E10) -- Season Finale -- "Klick" -- 4/18/16

They confirmed on the after show that the episode title anagram was done on purpose. They were surprised people figured it out so quickly.
Old 04-18-16, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

It was obvious Chuck was setting Jimmy up, but I was expecting like Howard or a cop to step into the room after Jimmy admitted guilt.
Old 04-19-16, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Well, we know Jimmy's not getting disbarred. And I doubt Chuck would be okay with just a name change. So either Chuck has to die for Saul to be born, or... or I don't know what else.
Old 04-19-16, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Agreed on everything said. Very lame finale.
Old 04-19-16, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The Mike stuff was a little weak this episode but the rest was all good.
Old 04-19-16, 02:11 AM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

I thought the Mike stuff in this episode was great up until nothing actually became of it.

And it's a damn shame they didn't kill off stupid ass Chuck. Now we've got this bullshit tape recorder stuff for next season. Uggh.

I just don't think Gilligan and company have very many good ideas for this show.

Disappointed in this.
Old 04-19-16, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pretty by the books episode
predictable moments from start to finish
didn't seem like a season finale

the shot of Chuck on the gurney did a great job of showing the chaos when one is in that situation
Old 04-19-16, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Does that confession on the tape even mean anything?

Even though it seemed heartfelt, under the circumstances, it could still come off like Jimmy just spinning a tale to make Chuck feel better. If I didn't know for a fact that Jimmy was guilty of altering the documents, I wouldn't know which side was true.
Old 04-19-16, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts

My cable company glitched bad and got stuck on a frame of an Overwatch ad for the final 10 minutes. I still don't know how the season ended. I am NOT happy.
Old 04-19-16, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Not sure why people didn't like this episode and some seemingly not the whole season. I thought it was good and as far as it moving slow again I question whether some watched Breaking Bad week to week in its initial run as it wasn't always fast and often was a slow burn. The characters are still evolving towards what will shift them into who we know them as later.
Old 04-19-16, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, I thought this was another great episode. It might've been a little anti-climatic but I have no real complaints. Chuck is a bastard though. He needs to die haha.
Old 04-19-16, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Honestly he is but I also see why he did what he did. The thing is though how much he resents Jimmy after all the help Jimmy still gives him when any other person would have been done with his shit. Chuck acts so straight laced and perfect when he's flawed in many different ways.
Old 04-19-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

This show does not have horrible episodes, but last night just felt a plodding walk to nowhere and then a side step to somewhere we expected to be in the first place. The character and story with Chuck feels already played out. I was hoping to have him die off, but instead we have to suffer more in the next season.

I think the fundamental problem with this show is that where as Breaking Bad had momentum and build up to climatic cliffhangers, we know where Jimmy is going and judging by his demeanor in BB he gets to be Saul without the same levels of craziness and violence as that shows characters by finale. I think this is why Mikes character is a pivotal role in this series. He is the closest thing to a Walter White character in the series who truly goes all the way (although he does begin by being a badass in the beginning compared to the wimp Walter was).

This is a good show, and i am still invested in it. I just hope they plan out the next season better as this one felt a little too hollow for my liking.
Old 04-19-16, 09:27 AM

Okay, caught up on AMC.com. Don't know why the feed died on cable, but it happened on the HD feed I was recording as well.

Agree that the ending was lame and the set-up was absurdly obvious. I don't give a fuck about Chuck and wish they would just kill that terrible character off. What a waste of McKean's amazing acting skills -- he's funny as hell and they've given him the most humorless character in the history of television.

We are two seasons in and still have no idea why Jimmy becomes Saul. We've barely seen him do any defense work. We don't know why he can't practice as an elder law expert as he seems to be very good at it. For contrast, by this point in Breaking Bad, planes are falling out of the sky. Why is this show moving at such a glacial pace? I mean I'm not going to stop watching it -- I like Odenkirk's performance way too much. But seriously, they need to DO SOMETHING!
The following users liked this post:
Mikellll11 (01-29-22)
Old 04-19-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Not sure why people didn't like this episode and some seemingly not the whole season. I thought it was good and as far as it moving slow again I question whether some watched Breaking Bad week to week in its initial run as it wasn't always fast and often was a slow burn. The characters are still evolving towards what will shift them into who we know them as later.
The BB comparison simply doesn't work here. Give me a BB season finale where less happened than last night. Mikes buys a gun and doesn't shoot anybody and then finds a note on his car. Kim has nothing to do in the finale. Jimmy sits by a hospital bed and then tells Chuck that he did indeed alter the papers. Chuck again has electromagnetic sensitivity and records Jimmy on a tape recorder. That's it.

As a set up to a season finale I would be fine with it but they didn't give me anything to want to come back to 10 months from now. They barely gave me anything to want to come back to next week.
Old 04-19-16, 09:38 AM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Yea... this seemed much more like the episode you'd have before the season finale.
Old 04-19-16, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Timber
The BB comparison simply doesn't work here. Give me a BB season finale where less happened than last night. Mikes buys a gun and doesn't shoot anybody and then finds a note on his car. Kim has nothing to do in the finale. Jimmy sits by a hospital bed and then tells Chuck that he did indeed alter the papers. Chuck again has electromagnetic sensitivity and records Jimmy on a tape recorder. That's it.
You're wrong -- she has to go make coffee!
Old 04-19-16, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Not really, it's also not legally admissible, which Chuck should know. Maybe he'll use it to ruin, or to threaten to ruin Jimmy's credibility as a lawyer and/or his partnership with Kim, and that's when he'll become Saul.
Old 04-19-16, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber

As a set up to a season finale I would be fine with it but they didn't give me anything to want to come back to 10 months from now. They barely gave me anything to want to come back to next week.
But again these are still evolving characters. Jimmy and Mike are both still holding onto the last bits of what makes them semi decent people before completely going down their dark paths. Its been building up that they're both on slippery slopes and need their final push to make their turns. I'm guessing this will happen by next season.
Old 04-19-16, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Based on just a quick search, NM is a one party state so it could be used. But then again, it was not made by law enforcement so the context of it could be in question.
Old 04-19-16, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would think that given the fact the recording wasn't officially made by anyone representing law enforcement and Chuck's mental capacity that the tape shouldn't damage Jimmy too much. It could lead to some questioning maybe but I don't know if I see it going much beyond that.
Old 04-19-16, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I would think that given the fact the recording wasn't officially made by anyone representing law enforcement and Chuck's mental capacity that the tape shouldn't damage Jimmy too much. It could lead to some questioning maybe but I don't know if I see it going much beyond that.
I think Jimmy is going to learn about the tape, probably via Ernie, and have Mike get it for him.
Old 04-19-16, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

But again these are still evolving characters. Jimmy and Mike are both still holding onto the last bits of what makes them semi decent people before completely going down their dark paths. Its been building up that they're both on slippery slopes and need their final push to make their turns. I'm guessing this will happen by next season.
The characters on BB were evolving characters throughout the show yet things still managed to happen. There was so much set up with the gun and that set up led to a note on the car. That's not the type of payoff we should be getting in a finale. If we'd have seen Gus in that scene that would have been a payoff. There was no payoff with Jimmy and Chuck either. I don't mind the slow build if they give us something and the season finale is the place to give us some payoff while giving us something to look forward to. I think they failed here.
Old 04-19-16, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
It might've been a little anti-climatic but I have no real complaints.
Originally Posted by james2025a
I think the fundamental problem with this show is that where as Breaking Bad had momentum and build up to climatic cliffhangers
A lot of weather talk in this thread....
Old 04-19-16, 11:05 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Okay, caught up on AMC.com. Don't know why the feed died on cable, but it happened on the HD feed I was recording as well.

Agree that the ending was lame and the set-up was absurdly obvious. I don't give a fuck about Chuck and wish they would just kill that terrible character off. What a waste of McKean's amazing acting skills -- he's funny as hell and they've given him the most humorless character in the history of television.

We are two seasons in and still have no idea why Jimmy becomes Saul. We've barely seen him do any defense work. We don't know why he can't practice as an elder law expert as he seems to be very good at it. For contrast, by this point in Breaking Bad, planes are falling out of the sky. Why is this show moving at such a glacial pace? I mean I'm not going to stop watching it -- I like Odenkirk's performance way too much. But seriously, they need to DO SOMETHING!
Yeah, all of this. Just all of it. Want the Chuck character to go away. Wanted Mike to do something. Wanted a season finale that made me want to watch again. Yeah, I'll watch, but I won't even think about it between now and whenever. Major disappointment.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.