TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Wayward Pines (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: Jason Patric -- Premieres 5/25/16

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-16, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Wayward Pines (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: Jason Patric -- Premieres 5/25/16

ABOUT "WAYWARD PINES"

WAYWARD PINES, last summer's No. 1 scripted series on broadcast television, returns for a second season Wednesday, May 25 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. From executive producer M. Night Shyamalan ("The Sixth Sense," "The Visit"), the 10-episode, psychological thriller is based on the rich world created by author Blake Crouch in his international best-selling series of books.

Starring Jason Patric ("Rush," "Narc"), two-time Academy Award nominee Djimon Hounsou ("Blood Diamond," "In America") and Emmy Award and Golden Globe nominee Hope Davis ("American Crime," "The Newsroom"), the 10-episode, second season will pick up after the shocking events of Season One, with the residents of Wayward Pines battling against the iron-fisted rule of the First Generation. Dr. THEO YEDLIN (Patric) - a new resident of Wayward Pines - awakens from suspended animation and finds himself in the middle of this rebellion, as he tries to understand what Wayward Pines really is and help preserve the endangered human race. Hounsou will portray CJ MITCHUM, an original resident of Wayward Pines and a historian for the town with extensive knowledge of its complex origins, and the one person who can provide a unique bridge between the current world of Wayward Pines and the previous world that humans inhabited. Davis returns as MEGAN FISHER, who is in charge of the scientific research being conducted on the Abbies, and remains deeply involved in the development of the hearts and minds of the future of humanity - Wayward Pines' "First Generation." Also joining the second season are cast members Tom Stevens ("Cedar Cove"), returning from Season One as JASON HIGGINS, a member of the First Generation and Pilcher's young acolyte; Nimrat Kaur ("Homeland") as REBECCA, who has her own secrets she keeps from Theo, her husband; Josh Helman ("Mad Max: Fury Road," "X-Men: Days of Future Past") as XANDER, a resident working to undermine Wayward Pines from within; and Kacey Rohl ("Hannibal") as KERRY, one of Jason's lieutenants in the civil war going on in Wayward Pines. Additionally, several Season One cast members will appear in Season Two, including Terrence Howard (SHERIFF ARNOLD POPE), Carla Gugino (KATE HEWSON), Toby Jones (DR. JENKINS/DAVID PILCHER), Melissa Leo (NURSE PAM), Tim Griffin (ADAM HASSLER), Shannyn Sossamon (THERESA BURKE) and Charlie Tahan (BEN BURKE).

The 1st teaser/promotional trailer was released by FOX.

Doesn't premiere until May 25th. I included the season description here as well, which details all the cast.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-18-16 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-18-16, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Wayward Pines (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: Jason Patric -- Premieres 5/25/16

Premieres next Wednesday. Set your DVRs if you're interested

New promos/trailers:

Recap of season 1 in 7 minutes. Some of the cast from season 1 is returning

Old 05-18-16, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Wayward Pines (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: Jason Patric -- Premieres 5/25/16

Really enjoyed the first season, so I've been looking forward to this.
Old 05-18-16, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as I hated this tacked on ending to last season, I enjoyed the whole enough to give this chance.
Old 05-18-16, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Just not interested enough to watch a full season again
Old 05-18-16, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

Just not interested enough to watch a full season again
This. Enjoyed the first season, thought it wrapped up nicely. No need for season two.
Old 05-25-16, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Bump

Season 2 premieres tonight

JASON PATRIC, DJIMON HOUNSOU AND HOPE DAVIS STAR IN THE SEASON TWO PREMIERE OF "WAYWARD PINES" AIRING WEDNESDAY, MAY 25, ON FOX

From Executive Producer M. Night Shyamalan ("The Sixth Sense," "The Visit") and Based on the Rich World Created by Author Blake Crouch in his International Best-Selling Series of Books

Terrence Howard and Carla Gugino Guest-Star

Season Two of WAYWARD PINES stars Jason Patric ("Rush," "Narc"), two-time Academy Award nominee Djimon Hounsou ("Blood Diamond," "In America") and Emmy Award and Golden Globe nominee Hope Davis ("American Crime," "The Newsroom"). The 10-episode psychological thriller picks up after the shocking events of the Season One finale, with the residents of Wayward Pines battling against the iron-fisted rule of the First Generation. Dr. Theo Yedlin (Jason Patric) - a new resident of Wayward Pines - awakens from suspended animation and finds himself in the middle of this rebellion, as he tries to understand what Wayward Pines really is and help preserve the endangered human race. CJ Mitchum (Djimon Hounsou), an original resident of Wayward Pines and a historian for the town with extensive knowledge of its complex origins, is the one person who can provide a unique bridge between the current world of Wayward Pines and the previous world that humans inhabited. Megan Fisher (Hope Davis), is in charge of the scientific research being conducted on the Abbies, and remains deeply involved in the development of the hearts and minds of the future of humanity - Wayward Pines' "First Generation."

The series also features Tom Stevens ("Cedar Cove"), returning from Season One as Jason Higgins, a member of the First Generation and town founder David Pilcher's young acolyte; Nimrat Kaur ("Homeland") as Rebecca, who has her own secrets she keeps from Theo, her husband; Josh Helman ("Mad Max: Fury Road," "X-Men: Days of Future Past") as Xander Beck, a resident working to undermine Wayward Pines from within; and Kacey Rohl ("Hannibal") as Kerry Campbell, one of Jason's lieutenants in the civil war going on in Wayward Pines. Don't miss the all-new "Enemy Lines" Season Two premiere episode of WAYWARD PINES airing Wednesday, May 25 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (PIN-201) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Jason Patric as Dr. Theo Yedlin, Djimon Hounsou as CJ Mitchum, Hope Davis as Megan Fisher, Tom Stevens as Jason Higgins, Nimrat Kaur as Rebecca Yedlin, Josh Helman as Xander Beck and Kacey Rohl as Kerry Campbell

Guest Cast: Terrence Howard as Sherriff Pope, Carla Gugino as Kate Hewson, Charlie Tahan as Ben Burke, Greta Lee as Ruby, Siobhan Fallon Hogan as Arlene Moran, Christopher Meyer as Mario, Amitai Marmorstein as Oscar, RJ Fetherstonhaugh as Sean, Jaime Callica as Husband, Naika Toussaint as Wife, Sarah Corrigan as Female Teen Doctor, Tyronne L'Hirondelle as Whistling Man, Aydrick Lim as Danny

Old 05-26-16, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea 30 minutes in I just stopped and canceled the season record. Garbage.
Old 05-26-16, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I had already read a review about how bad this season is. I'm watching the premiere right now and I think I will cancel it as well.
Old 05-26-16, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I gave it 30 minutes as well before quitting. I'm guessing the ratings for this second season end up being terrible and it's canceled.

The first season worked as a mini-series but its ending pretty much killed any chance of a decent sequel.
Old 05-27-16, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea this new crap felt like exactly the same thing with cheaper bad actors that no one knows, so whats the point if suffering through it. Done and done.
Old 05-27-16, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gave it chance to see how they blended the two seasons together. Other than giving a nod to how last season ended this season appears to be a total rehash with terrible second rate actors. What I'm still pissed about is how they ruined the end of the first series so they could lead into this S2 garbage.

Good-bye Wayward Pines. Sorry I ever knew you.
Old 05-27-16, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

It might just be the character, but Jason Patric is kind of a drag.
Old 05-27-16, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I'd be much more likely to stick out the second season if they hadn't killed off Carla Gugino.
Old 05-27-16, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I'd be much more likely to stick out the second season if they hadn't killed off Carla Gugino.
They had two days with her before she started shooting "Roadies" for Showtime.
Old 05-27-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DWilson
It might just be the character, but Jason Patric is kind of a drag.
I've always found him to be rather dour.
Old 05-27-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
They had two days with her before she started shooting "Roadies" for Showtime.
Yeah, I figured she wasn't available, but I just would be more interested in the show if she continued to be in it.
Old 05-27-16, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Made it to the 38 minute mark. I consider that a sizable achievement. The whole thing just felt like an unnecessary coda.
Old 06-10-16, 09:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Well that saves up three hours of hidef space on my dvr - not going to bother watching this
Old 06-16-16, 02:38 AM

so...are they just bringing back some people from s1 to kill them off?
Old 07-05-16, 03:04 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Is anybody watching this? Is it getting better, or should I just delete it from my DVR?
Old 07-05-16, 08:51 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

^ I'm in the same boat. I watched the first 2 episodes and have let them pile up since. I figure if it was worth returning, this thread would have more activity. At this point, I'm not planning on it anytime soon.
Old 07-21-16, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Is anyone still watching this? I've been watching but I basically have it on as background TV at this point and have no idea what is going on. I guess there was supposed to be have been some big twist/reveal last night but I couldn't even get through reading a recap of the episode. Basically, I've completely lost interest but since the (series?) finale is next week, I might as well finish it off.
Old 07-24-16, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by windom
Is anyone still watching this? I've been watching but I basically have it on as background TV at this point and have no idea what is going on. I guess there was supposed to be have been some big twist/reveal last night but I couldn't even get through reading a recap of the episode. Basically, I've completely lost interest but since the (series?) finale is next week, I might as well finish it off.
Spoiler:
jason (the kid in charge) was banging his own mom
Old 08-04-16, 03:02 AM

kinda weird ending

thought for a second cj was going to kill them all and that the abby's leader would send them away

the normal baby at the end makes it seem like normal humans will be back

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.