TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) - Season 2 Discussion Thread - 3/18/16

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-16, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) - Season 2 Discussion Thread - 3/18/16

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Yeah, I'm about to start on episode 7. I do think Frank is a much better character. Elektra is a bit of a pest. Not caring for her even though Elodie is fine as fuck.
That's the best way to put it. She pesters Murdock, and then us too. So far. She's a nuisance to the bulk of the plot. She's dangerous and you just feel like shit isn't going to go right cuz of her coming into Matt's life.
Old 03-18-16, 05:11 PM
Banned

Seems like E7 has really given Elektra some developmental nature to her. I really liked this one.

E8 is going to be badass.
Old 03-18-16, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

About to start Episode 8.
Old 03-18-16, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Finished Episode 3. It isn't quite gripping me like the first season did, but its still been really fun. The violence seems amped up already from before, which makes sense given the use of the Punisher and its nice to see in the universe - just feels like it adds a little more weight to the consequences then in the movies.

Some Episode 3 stuff -

Spoiler:
Liked the Frank/Matt conversation up on the roof, although their contrast just feels like its a little too much Batman. Although like I said, the extra violence makes it feel like there's more at stake then a PG-13 movie or a show on the CW. That stairway fight was great

I also have to say, I'm really enjoying Foggy in this so far. I thought he was a little iffy throughout Season 1, but moments like him and the bikers, confronting the DA lady, and him standing up in the hospital have been awesome.
Old 03-18-16, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Netflix is refusing to buffer this in 4K. Servers must be getting hammered.
Old 03-18-16, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try to use spoiler tags people. I fucking swear, every time a show is released in bulk like this people just feel like it's a free for all to post stuff without tags. Bunch of savages.
The following users liked this post:
whotony (12-07-21)
Old 03-18-16, 09:14 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just finished the first episode and LOVING IT !

So much better now we got the origin stuff out the way last season
Old 03-19-16, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Okay, shit got real in episode 8. Looks like I shall resume in the morning.
Old 03-19-16, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

The hallway/stairwell fight in the third ep was a damn solid tribute to the hallway scene in the first season.
Old 03-19-16, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

6 episodes down and it's after 2am. Felt like I could finally get some sleep with how this one ended. The previous 3 or so I just had to see the next episode. Liking it so far but I guess I am remembering Garner's Elektra a little too much, not sure I like this Elektra all that much so far.
Old 03-19-16, 02:47 AM
Banned

No. This Elektra is so much more than MSJ's Elektra. This girl is fucked up but she's got a soul.

EDIT: I fucking passed out during the last fight in 8. And i woke up at 2:30. Holy fuck. This was easily the best episode just cuz it developed so much more mythology and characters. I know this world all too well and I love that the show went there. I'm really going to like where Frank goes. Cuz it's going to lead to so much people in pain in that environment.

E9 is badass cuz as E8 teased at the end. We get a great return. And having Frank in there. Fuck. I know Frank survives well in there based on the comics. Again... this show is really really doing well w/ developing Frank's dimensions. I've never loved Frank as much as I love him here. He's got a soul. It's cracked. It's bursting w/ anger. It wants peace but can't have it.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 03-19-16 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-19-16, 04:19 AM
Banned

oh, shit. Yeah. E9 continues where E8 left us in quality. So far E8 is the best.
Old 03-19-16, 07:25 AM
Banned

Just Hit E13. Not sure what I felt about E12. It wasn't bad... but didn't really feel it as strongly as what the few episodes before really gave you as a rush.
Old 03-19-16, 07:54 AM
Banned

pee break. 32 minutes into E13. Holy shit. There's a lot of ninjas running around here on the roof tops. Holy fuck.
Old 03-19-16, 08:36 AM
Banned

Hrmmm.

Let's talk about Frank and such...

Spoiler:
WTF? That's how you end his bit here? Sure.. he gets some resolution but... we all wanted Frank there at the end kicking so much ass. And.. he just helps DD a bit. That's it. That's his moment. After everything the show throws at us about him... that's what we get? It wasn't enough.

Eventually Elektra grows into a character worth a damn w/ E8 and a bit after too. Still... it's never really full blown in growth. She was fun afterwards. I didn't feel anything for her death. It wasn't really impactful.

The Hand as crazy as they are, were hyped up a bit too much compared to what we got. it was good but needed more impact. More "oomph" or whatever. Seems like the mythology went away from the production a bit into really going nuts w/ him.

Madame Gao came back. She's always good.

Great having Melvin Potter here again too. He really really has a great nature to see in conversation and in action. I like the actor who plays him. Really sells the whole aspect that he is.

LOVED having Fisk being back in here. He's just such a great character written and played so well. Fisk and Frank were very well played together. Didn't expect to get Fisk back. Nice to see he's still being The Kingpin.

I feel like 12 and 13 never really explore what they wanted to. I liked what was there but from what we got before the high was too high and it was bit dampened for us here at the end.

Maybe I just hyped it a bit too much for myself. I dunno. 12 and 13 weren't bad but I feel like we weren't given enough based on what they were selling us.

S2 is better than S1, I think. The quality is more evened out. I really really like where the show takes you until the last 2 episodes. To where... I just feel like it's all hyped up but not really sold to the level that we kept getting before.
Old 03-19-16, 09:17 AM

4 episodes in, could be one of the best seasons of TV ever !
Old 03-19-16, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

First episode in and this series is keeping Marvels TV record with Netflix 3 for 3. Just superb to see characters given room to breath and stories to take their time. It's funny but Marvel makes lighter family friendly movies and gritty harder hitting more adult TV, whilst DC/Warners are trying to make gritty movies and lighter family TV stuff. I can see why each are trying their own method, but at this stage I think the Marvel scheme is working out far better. I love these Marvel/Netflix shows but checked out of Supergirl, Gotham and Arrow after only a few episodes. I know they, along with the Flash, apparently have some better quality episodes, but the Marvel shows on Netflix are simply on another level.
Old 03-19-16, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by james2025a
First episode in and this series is keeping Marvels TV record with Netflix 3 for 3. Just superb to see characters given room to breath and stories to take their time. It's funny but Marvel makes lighter family friendly movies and gritty harder hitting more adult TV, whilst DC/Warners are trying to make gritty movies and lighter family TV stuff. I can see why each are trying their own method, but at this stage I think the Marvel scheme is working out far better. I love these Marvel/Netflix shows but checked out of Supergirl, Gotham and Arrow after only a few episodes. I know they, along with the Flash, apparently have some better quality episodes, but the Marvel shows on Netflix are simply on another level.
I think it's cuz there's some actual weight to the drama. Network Marvel and CW DC stuff just don't have any soul to it. Just characters doing things but no weight or dramatic impact to sell it. Just comes off cheap really. Whatever emotions do come forward w/ some type of working execution isn't really developed but more a whole grained generality of emotion. It's just too broad. Netflix Marvel gets it. Whatever either company does on Network doesn't work very well. Netflix has so much freedom to get quality w/ narrative impact in their characters.
Old 03-19-16, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Up to Episode 8 now.

Spoiler:
I was wondering if Kingpin would make an appearance in this season, loved the tease of him and the end and really looking forward to what happens with him even though it was a little bit predictable after what happened in court. Elektra has really grown on me the last two episodes after starting off a little slow, especially with Stick's explanation of The Hand, the Chaste, and a little more background on them. Really happy at how true they're staying with everyone's stories and backgrounds. Liked them circling back to the Black Sky stuff too

I said the first few episodes didn't grip me the way the first season did, but i'm all in now. Loving this. And Bernthal is nailing it, basically taking what he did as Shane on Walking Dead and amping it up a million times.
Old 03-19-16, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Through 3 episodes now

Some really brutal fight scenes with Daredevil, especially between him and Castle.

Matt seems to be getting his ass kicked quite often.
Old 03-19-16, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
Through 3 episodes now

Some really brutal fight scenes with Daredevil, especially between him and Castle.

Matt seems to be getting his ass kicked quite often.
he's Catholic. Getting your ass kicked is part of the life.
Old 03-19-16, 05:42 PM

SPOILERS FOR EP 4 and 5

Spoiler:
Casting of Electra is amazing ! the fight/love scene was a million times better than Affleck and Garner did. So far this season is amazing, with the Punisher i am feel like i'm getting 2 shows in 1
Old 03-19-16, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This show is pretty awesome. Just finished episode 8 and will probably watch the rest tonight.
Old 03-19-16, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

BTW, Frank's superior officer is Byron from The Shawshank Redemption. He was also in Hail, Caesar for like 10 seconds.
Old 03-19-16, 06:46 PM

DenofGeek are doing Easter Eggs and on an episode by episode basis so you can read an article for a particular ep after you have watched it and no spoilers for future eps

Pretty cool

http://www.denofgeek.us/books-comics...eference-guide

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.