Reload this Page >

Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E02) -- "Kindergarten Camp" -- 2/24/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-24-16, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

ONE CASTAWAY GOES TO GREAT HEIGHTS TO RETRIEVE AN IDOL, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, FEB. 24

"Kindergarten Camp" - One castaway goes to great heights to retrieve an idol, and on the beauty tribe, two castaways become quick friends. Also, immunity and rewards are on the line at a taxing physical challenge, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Feb. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The battle begins when these three tribes compete:

The Brains Tribe

Peter Baggenstos

Aubry Bracco

Joseph Del Campo

Neal Gottlieb

Elisabeth Markham

Debbie Wanner

The Brawn Tribe

Cydney Gillon

Darnell Hamilton (1st Eliminated)
Alecia Holden

Kyle Jason

Jennifer Lanzetti

Scot Pollard

The Beauty Tribe

Michele Fitzgerald

Anna Khait

Nick Maiorano

Caleb Reynolds

Julia Sokolowski

Tai Trang
Old 02-24-16, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E02) -- "Kindergarten Camp" -- 2/24/16

Debbie is insufferable.
Old 02-24-16, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. That was a textbook example of how NOT to act at Tribal Council.
Old 02-24-16, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG, I am dying! That was such an EPIC implosion!!!!
Old 02-24-16, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,060 Likes on 642 Posts

Talk about hanging yourself. Jeez.
Old 02-24-16, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So the Brains tribe has flint, kerosene and friggin' matches and still has a hard time getting a fire started? And someone who apparently can judge the quality of water by simply looking at it?

It was also good that Alicia finally got an embryo that didn't die. She might not be the sharpest spoon in the drawer, but she's managed to survive two TC's

I do not like Survivor hiding a immunity idol in a place where only 1 or 2 people in a tribe can probably get to it. Reminds me of when they hid the HII in a tree in Ozzie's return season (in what I'm sure was just a conicidence)
Old 02-25-16, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

BAW-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, that was some epic implosion.
Old 02-25-16, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think I've ever seen anyone fuck themselves over quite that bad before.

Liz
Old 02-25-16, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Debbie is insufferable.
This. She would fit right in on the Brawn tribe. But as her Brains tribe points out, she is somebody you keep around.

As my wife pointed out yesterday we're probably looking at a quick merge because we can't see that Brawn tribe ever wining a challenge. I don't see their members lasting long after the merge either.
Old 02-25-16, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
And someone who apparently can judge the quality of water by simply looking at it?
Hey, Debbie says she has 20 years of job experience doing water quality control. Which brings her to how many professions now?

I keep rooting for Brains to lose so we can say goodbye to her. Though Joe could go first. But I think Debbie's annoyance-level could put her over the top.

I do not like Survivor hiding a immunity idol in a place where only 1 or 2 people in a tribe can probably get to it. Reminds me of when they hid the HII in a tree in Ozzie's return season (in what I'm sure was just a conicidence)
At least they're playing around with how they hide the HIIs. A clue ... that leads to a locked box ... with a key in a hard-to-get place.

This season and the last were filmed out of order, so that means the producers have yet to try out the "hide in plain sight" approach to HIIs that we last saw. That was an interesting idea. Too bad nobody got caught grabbing them.
Old 02-25-16, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brainee

I keep rooting for Brains to lose so we can say goodbye to her. Though Joe could go first. But I think Debbie's annoyance-level could put her over the top.
If the Brains were to have to head to tribal I would expect the whiner to go first. That is if she doesn't end up quitting or being evacuated before that happens.
Old 02-25-16, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

there was some tool that was supposed to be used to get the key. it looked like a cup on a stick. i wonder if you're supposed to tie together stickers and reach up and the key falls out into the cup or something
Old 02-25-16, 11:45 AM
Banned

The only explanation for that TC is that the worm evidently ate its way completely through Jenny's brain.
Old 02-25-16, 11:54 AM
Banned

Hard to comment about much other than Jenny's suicidal outburst. I suppose there could be an honorable mention to Liz's islands in the stream, Alesha's dogged determination to start a fire, Debbie (mentioned). But that stunning, totally unnecessary self-immolation was mind-boggling (and has already become a memorable event in Survivor history).

Did we get it right in assuming that, until the leak at TC, the vote was firmly going to be 4-1 against Alesha? Was Cydney ever really on board with the idea of a girls' alliance? Or did Jenny's waffling set off alarms? And would she have considered alerting Jason & Scott before the fact?

Jason reminds us a little of Russell Hantz. Cross him & he finds out...you're toast. I could see why Jenny would get tired of his behavior toward "Blondie."

Even though Scott stuck with the original plan to oust Alesha, easy to see why Cydney would go against Jenny. Alesha is still low-hanging fruit (whereas Jenny offered strong physical competition) and voting against her keeps Cydney good with the boys for now. Even if they lose the next challenge, Alesha would be the obvious choice (unless the guys wanted to eliminate a strong competitor before the imminent merge or reshuffle...which would be bound to happen if "Brawn" gets down to three). That seems to have been her thinking in voting against Jenny...?
Old 02-25-16, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let’s talk about one of the most bizarre acts of self-incrimination on this show I can ever remember. How much do you think this was an on-the-spot decision by the tribe to get rid of Jenny based on her telling them at Tribal Council about wavering on the alliance?

JEFF PROBST: I think they changed their mind at Tribal. 100 percent. Scott, Jason, and Cydney are playing a very aggressive game. I like it because as I am often heard saying, “The only way to win this game is play as though you don’t mind losing.” You have to make moves. Jenny should be credited, too. She may not have executed it as well as she could have but she was looking “big picture,” which is key to getting deep. Both sides made big moves. One wins, one loses. That’s the game.

The most exciting part of all of this for me is that Tribal Council continues to be a “live” moment where anything can happen. People come into tribal with Plan A in one pocket, Plan B in the other, and the willingness to throw out all plans and call an audible. And remember, this season was shot BEFORE we shot last season, and it’s still hopping!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25...robst-bromance
Old 02-25-16, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tribal has certainly became a "live" moment. One where Jeff's ability to impact the game seems to be increasing to an unacceptable level. I guess the masses can still say it's up the the players not to let it happen, but he seems to have went from being impartial, pure interviewer, to into a biased tool looking to help some tribes while destroying others.

I certainly do think at least one person changed their vote during tribal. Namely Jason. And he may regret it because Jenny seemed to be on his side while Alecia is definitely not at this point.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 02-26-16 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-25-16, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Holy crap. Talk about hanging yourself out to dry.
Old 02-25-16, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So the Brains tribe has flint, kerosene and friggin' matches and still has a hard time getting a fire started? And someone who apparently can judge the quality of water by simply looking at it?
Yeah. Meanwhile, the big question for me at the end of the episode was whether the brains were still sitting around without a fire? Debbie's definitely a stand-out, though the ex-FBI guy (Peter?) seems like he could have some issues as well (Liz too for that matter).

It was also good that Alicia finally got an embryo that didn't die. She might not be the sharpest spoon in the drawer, but she's managed to survive two TC's
Yeah. I admire her perseverance. Meanwhile, at the end of the episode her eyes and facial expressions were reminding me of past two-time contestant Kat. Anyone else?

I agree. Although Tai (and anyone else who might try) might have done better by wearing more clothes when making the attempt. At least it would have been some kind of protection for his legs and torso.

Speaking of which, on the brawn tribe Kyle Jason and tribe keep discussing how bad his burns are getting. I wonder if it ever occurred to him to try wearing a shirt, to maybe cut down on that.

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Did we get it right in assuming that, until the leak at TC, the vote was firmly going to be 4-1 against Alesha? Was Cydney ever really on board with the idea of a girls' alliance? Or did Jenny's waffling set off alarms? And would she have considered alerting Jason & Scott before the fact?
I think that, based on the editing, it's impossible for the audience to know. Cydney could have been on board originally, but she should have changed her mind when Jenn told her that she wasn't sure. At that point it was too much a risk. Though this IS the Brawns tribe, so maybe not.

Even though Scott stuck with the original plan to oust Alesha, easy to see why Cydney would go against Jenny. Alesha is still low-hanging fruit (whereas Jenny offered strong physical competition) and voting against her keeps Cydney good with the boys for now. Even if they lose the next challenge, Alesha would be the obvious choice (unless the guys wanted to eliminate a strong competitor before the imminent merge or reshuffle...which would be bound to happen if "Brawn" gets down to three). That seems to have been her thinking in voting against Jenny...?
As for Cydney, I'm sure you're right, but would add that she might feel that she can control Alesha going forward. Alesha's best option in the tribe is Cydney, and so that helps to keep Cydney's options open going forward.
Old 02-25-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Man this season is great so far! The last seasons I didnt even finish, but this one is much better.
Old 02-25-16, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Man this season is great so far! The last seasons I didnt even finish, but this one is much better.
I feel the opposite...there's a couple players I find SO annoying, it's hard to watch - I guess some people watch for those types...I'd rather see a whole group of really good players. There's a number of people in this group that you know the producers picked because they're so odd.
Old 02-25-16, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
Yeah. I admire her perseverance. Meanwhile, at the end of the episode her eyes and facial expressions were reminding me of past two-time contestant Kat. Anyone else?
Absolutely.
Old 02-25-16, 05:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
This season and the last were filmed out of order, so that means the producers have yet to try out the "hide in plain sight" approach to HIIs that we last saw. That was an interesting idea. Too bad nobody got caught grabbing them.
And one last season of not hearing "voting blocks" over and over...
Old 02-26-16, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Tribal has certainly became a "live" moment. One where Jeff ability to impact the game seems to be increasing to an unacceptable level. I guess the masses can still say it's up the the players not to let it happen, but he seems to have went from being impartial pure interviewer to into a biased tool looking to help some tribes while destroying others.
He definitely mixes what should be an impartial host with a producer/show runner trying to drum up excitement and drama for good TV. Over the years he seems to steer people toward confrontation with loaded questions where he's seemingly trying to spoonfeed a strategy to people to muck things up a little. Or steer things toward or away some contestants.

"Is it fair to say.." "If you are on the bottom of the alliance, does it make sense to..." I assume some of this is just them editing things down to the critical stuff that speaks to the vote and it probably looking worse than it really is, but he seems to push people toward conflict in tribals, especially if there is a rock solid and relatively stable alliance.
Old 02-26-16, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,060 Likes on 642 Posts

He definitely mixes what should be an impartial host with a producer/show runner trying to drum up excitement and drama for good TV. Over the years he seems to steer people toward confrontation with loaded questions where he's seemingly trying to spoonfeed a strategy to people to muck things up a little. Or steer things toward or away some contestants.

"Is it fair to say.." "If you are on the bottom of the alliance, does it make sense to..." I assume some of this is just them editing things down to the critical stuff that speaks to the vote and it probably looking worse than it really is, but he seems to push people toward conflict in tribals, especially if there is a rock solid and relatively stable alliance.
I agree to a certain extent but some of these people still hang themselves by their answers. They don't have to answer Jeff honestly. The chick who just got booted should have just either kept her mouth shut or lied and stated that there was no hesitation on who she was voting for.

Jeff may try to steer the conversation but you don't have to take the bait. i am constantly amazed at what people say at tribal council. You really just need to keep your mouth shut at TC or at least only give safe answers.
Old 02-26-16, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, nobody is forcing them to answer. Or to even answer honestly. But in general I would say Jeff's grilling of some tribes, or players, has become even more rigged than some of the challenges.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.