The Walking Dead (S6E10) -- "The Next World" -- 2/21/16

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-16, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead (S6E10) -- "The Next World" -- 2/21/16

Originally Posted by Dave99
No kidding, I can't think of a logical reason to not take both cars. You are taking a truck where you have no idea of the condition or reliability, apparently many miles back to home. Obviously we know now the tires are suspect. There are 20 good reasons to take both cars, and not 1 good reason to take 1.
The only good reason is to not split up. I assume that the lesson of last week's episode is that they are much stronger in groups than alone. That said, it would still have been a better idea to drive both cars. I'm just wondering how long they will go on the show with cars. Gas has a shelf life of less than multiple years.
Old 02-23-16, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Judith rolling over onto her stomach from her back was what Michionne was talking about.
Rick mentions blasting the music to attract any stray walkers away from Alexandria.
Rick nor Daryl look back at Jesus on the road. All Daryl does it flip the bird out of the window.

My problem is not checking or searching Jesus. They tied him up once, did they think he wouldn't be able to escape a second time?
And having Rick and Daryl go out on a run. I think there are other Alexandrians that would have been better suited. Daryl/Glenn/Aaron/Heath
Old 02-23-16, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo

My problem is not checking or searching Jesus. They tied him up once, did they think he wouldn't be able to escape a second time?
And having Rick and Daryl go out on a run. I think there are other Alexandrians that would have been better suited. Daryl/Glenn/Aaron/Heath
Seriously, after Daryl's recent encounter with Negan's crew, why not put one in this idiot's brain? Especially after he stole the truck.
Old 02-23-16, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by A-aron
Prior to this, it seems like they never had more than a day or two before the shit hit the fan.
They've gone a month before... The season 4 premier '30 Days Without An Accident' while they were at the prison.
Old 02-23-16, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Seriously, after Daryl's recent encounter with Negan's crew, why not put one in this idiot's brain? Especially after he stole the truck.
Probably because Jesus had several chances to kill them and didn't.
Old 02-23-16, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Plot armor.
Old 02-23-16, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I'm just wondering how long they will go on the show with cars. Gas has a shelf life of less than multiple years.
Yea, apparently the timeline of the show is getting close to 2 years now... so at this point they should already be experiencing some problems getting working fuel.
It shouldn't be much longer where operational cars are rare. I guess at that point we'll start to see electric-powered cars miraculously appear with Eugene helping juice them up with his expertise on solar power.

Still waiting for a character to come up with the genius idea of using an actual bicycle for some of their endeavours.
Old 02-23-16, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Since there have always been debates on the proper pronunciation of unique character names, I was hoping he would introduce himself as Jesus (Hay-Zeus).

I'm not a fan of the Rick/Michonne pairing. Too much alpha. Oh well, apocalypse and chill for everyone!

So, is Glen dead again?

Is it just me, or did that truck hit the water and sail like a barrel attached to Jaws?

Jesus obviously went to Rick's room because he heard Michonne and Rick calling him.
Old 02-23-16, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I don't know anything about the shelf life of gas. Doesn't seem like something the show needs to address since most people wouldn't know or wouldn't care.
Old 02-23-16, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Since there have always been debates on the proper pronunciation of unique character names, I was hoping he would introduce himself as Jesus (Hay-Zeus).
Always figured it was "JEE-zus" and not the Spanish "Hey-Zeus" because it's a nickname based on his appearance.

On the other hand, I always thought "Negan" was pronounced "NAY-gan" instead of the "KNEE-gan" that they use in the show.
Old 02-23-16, 08:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

they could have easily cut out thirty minutes of this episode - so much padding.
Old 02-23-16, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Maybe it's just me, but I don't know anything about the shelf life of gas. Doesn't seem like something the show needs to address since most people wouldn't know or wouldn't care.
Same here, but for the sake of these threads I hope someone on the show breaks out a powerpoint presentation to present a 10 bullet point breakdown.

Remember when we had a full season discussing rolling windows down? Yeah, that was fun.
Old 02-23-16, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Same here, but for the sake of these threads I hope someone on the show breaks out a powerpoint presentation to present a 10 bullet point breakdown.

Remember when we had a full season discussing rolling windows down? Yeah, that was fun.
Luckily there isn't much to discuss since it's not debatable. Gas goes bad and becomes useless. It's up to the writers if they want to ignore it.
Old 02-24-16, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Always figured it was "JEE-zus" and not the Spanish "Hey-Zeus" because it's a nickname based on his appearance.

On the other hand, I always thought "Negan" was pronounced "NAY-gan" instead of the "KNEE-gan" that they use in the show.
That's the point! The fanboys would have lost their shit.

I still say it (Nehg-in). Short "e." Same way I say Megan.
Old 02-24-16, 02:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I finally figured it out. Whatever is causing the people to not die is also causing the gas to not go bad. They are using undead gas in their cars.
Old 02-24-16, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifepawn
I finally figured it out. Whatever is causing the people to not die is also causing the gas to not go bad. They are using undead gas in their cars.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yJxCdh1Ps48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-24-16, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
That's the point! The fanboys would have lost their shit.

I still say it (Nehg-in). Short "e." Same way I say Megan.
That's still how i pronounce it in my head too
Old 02-24-16, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Posted here

I guess the blend and use of fuel stabilizers are the key....

Storage Considerations: Ethanol attracts moisture. If excessive moisture is absorbed, the ethanol and water can phase separate (fall out of suspension) from the gasoline blend. This would result in a mixture of ethanol and water in the bottom of the fuel tank. Aside from the fact that the engine would not operate on this ethanol/water blend, it can also
cause corrosion of various metals with which it comes in contact. However the potential for phase separation must be put in perspective. It would take almost four teaspoons of water per gallon to phase separate a gasoline ethanol blend. This would be an incredibly large amount of water to be accidentally introduced into the system. To absorb this much moisture from the atmosphere (at a relative humidity of 70%) would take hundreds of days even if the gasoline cap was left off. These concerns can be addressed simply by exercising caution that no water is introduced into the system. These precautions include a gasoline tank cap that seals properly and filling the tank before extended storage periods (note that some manufacturers recommend draining of the fuel tank and system before storage).
All gasoline, whether conventional, oxygenated, or re- formulated, deteriorates in storage. The gasoline "oxidizes" making it more prone to deposit formation. Because power equipment and recreational products are stored for extended periods, often six months or longer, manufacturers often make recommendations about storage.
A few recommend draining the fuel tank and fuel sys- tem. Many recommend treating the fuel with a fuel stabilizer which inhibits oxidation (i.e. anti-oxidant). Such products are available over the counter with one frequently recommended brand being STA-BIL. Some companies, including Briggs & Stratton, Toro/Lawnboy, and Yamaha sell a fuel stabilizer under their own brand name.
It is critically important that each manufacturer's storage recommendations be followed to the letter since gasoline is not usually of suitable stability for storage periods in excess of three or four months.
Old 02-24-16, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They address it on The Last Man On Earth on Fox.
Old 02-24-16, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by orangecrush
They address it on The Last Man On Earth on Fox.
Which doesn't really change my reply that most people wouldn't know or care. All the zombie tropes are far worse to me then worrying about fuel.
Old 02-24-16, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I liked how Coral was reading Invincible.

Originally Posted by windom
I see the writers finally gave in to the shippers, or does that happen in the comics?
Originally Posted by JesseCuster
Spoiler:
In the comics he hooks up with a now dead character, namely Andrea.
Spoiler:
...who was a billion times a better character than in the show.
Old 02-25-16, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

This episode seals it... Michonne won't make it to next season.
Old 02-25-16, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Luckily there isn't much to discuss since it's not debatable. Gas goes bad and becomes useless. It's up to the writers if they want to ignore it.
I hope they ignore it forever.

But then these threads would not be so amusing...
Old 02-25-16, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer
I hope they ignore it forever.

But then these threads would not be so amusing...
It's not that big of a deal. In the comics they do address these kinds of questions you would naturally have, like after years you would run out of bullets, gas, shelf stable food, etc.
Old 02-25-16, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only been watching the show for about a year---a local broadcast network started running the whole series in syndicated reruns.

I'm sure you guys all know this, but I just watched an interview with Andrew Lincoln last night for the first time, and I was totally floored by his real speaking voice.

I usually have a pretty good ear for accents, and watching the show it never occurred to me that he wasn't American. Maggie too, to some extent, but I was more surprised with Rick.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.