Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S1E01) -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot Part 1" -- 1/21/16

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S1E01) -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot Part 1" -- 1/21/16

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,146 Posts
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S1E01) -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot Part 1" -- 1/21/16

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I read an article where they talked about the Atom costume costing "as much as a house." If that's the case, I assume they're going to get as much mileage out of it as they can.
that's sad.
Old 01-27-16, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 703 Likes on 433 Posts
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S1E01) -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot Part 1" -- 1/21/16

Shrinking CGI and special effects would cost more than that stupid suit, I'd imagine. Grr.
Old 01-27-16, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 825 Likes on 697 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I Liked it, but it didn't blow me away. I think it has tons of potential and I'm thinking the rotating heroes/villains thing will help this show.

Don't like:

The Hawks...I'm a huge Hawk fan. But I haven't grown to like the actors playing them. Weren't they just going to do Hawkgirl at first?
Atom's Costume...they need to get rid of that shitty Iron Man like armor or at least make it less bulky and stupid looking.
The Main Villain and his/The Hawks retconned origin ..Vandal Savage is cool and I love the Cave Man origin but I don't like how they linked his story to The Hawks. He was a Caveman...far older than ancient Egypt. Now, if they are going to rotate him and the Hawks out if there's a second season...then I'm fine.
I wasn't especially happy either with how they've changed Vandal Savage's origin. His actual comic book origin was actually pretty cool and didn't need to be tied directly to the Hawks.

However, I actually like this version of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Of all the characters on LOT, I think they could actually carry a show of their own.
Old 01-27-16, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I wasn't especially happy either with how they've changed Vandal Savage's origin. His actual comic book origin was actually pretty cool and didn't need to be tied directly to the Hawks.

However, I actually like this version of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Of all the characters on LOT, I think they could actually carry a show of their own.
Well, like I said, I haven't grown to like the actors yet. I'll give them a chance.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-27-16 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-28-16, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 120 Likes on 72 Posts

LoT is off to good start.
I have been a fan of Wentworth Miller CAPTAIN COLD since his 1st appearance on FLASH.
Nice tiny Atom scene.
Two cool bar fights with the White Canary.
Like Rip Hunter back story.
Casper Crump was born to play Vandal Savage. He nails it with looks and acting.
Old 01-28-16, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who are going to play Bonnie & Corky?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...5-bonnie11.jpg

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...Baxter_001.jpg