Reload this Page >

The Real World: Go Big or Go Home (MTV) -- Premieres 3/17/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Real World: Go Big or Go Home (MTV) -- Premieres 3/17/16

Old 04-03-16, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: The Real World: Go Big or Go Home (MTV) -- Premieres 3/17/16

Sometimes the southern girl looks good, but other times she looks "off". I could definitely see her not aging in a good way.
Old 04-08-16, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Whats the matter with these people? All they do it seems is walk around and talk about how offended they are by everything. The buck-toothed southern girl said she'd be disgusted if she had to watch gay sex & that makes her a homophobe??
Old 04-08-16, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its funny that Jenna admitted that Dionne is doing to her what she usually does to other people. Karmic justice.
Old 04-10-16, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Whats the matter with these people? All they do it seems is walk around and talk about how offended they are by everything. The buck-toothed southern girl said she'd be disgusted if she had to watch gay sex & that makes her a homophobe??
The cast is full of PC Bros.

Old 04-10-16, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

The buck-toothed southern girl said she'd be disgusted if she had to watch gay sex & that makes her a homophobe??
Old 04-14-16, 10:15 PM

So my question is this...
There's a 'leak' in the house & Jenna's racist/homophobic comments are 'everywhere' on the internet. I'm guessing this all took place around 6 months ago. I don't remember reading a single word about 'Real World Cast Member Makes Racist/Homophobic Comments Towards Her Roommates'. Did anyone here read anything?
Old 04-15-16, 05:37 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Nope. Being made more dramatic for TV than it actually was I suppose. I don't see the big deal. Her actions and comments would've been seen on the show anyway... and then written about on the internet. If she was so concerned with not having stuff written about her on the internet, then don't go on reality TV.
Old 04-16-16, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Chris really is a complete asshole.

They people must at BM/MTV must really not have liked him to first, make him admit he was behind the leak and second, to actually show footage of him getting told that he was in breach of his contract. It's surprising that they let him stay and sends a bad message to future cast members.

If think that Jenna would actually have grounds for a lawsuit against the production company and Chris based on the fact that he was in breach of his contract.
Old 04-16-16, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Chris may have had good intentions at first (trying to open a dialogue about how negative his experience was with the Mormon church), but now he's just harassing Jenna. Sure, nobody has to agree with her views, but Chris needs to get over it and just focus on enjoying his own life. Nobody is going to change each other's views. It's a stalemate.
Old 04-21-16, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So it seems no new episode tonight due to Prince. I'm assuming it just gets pushed back to next week hopefully.

Here is a description of the episode, specifically its challenge and outcome. Spoilers of course: http://zap2it.com/2016/04/real-world...ike-that-hard/

EDIT: Looks like they removed the article. I guess I should have copied and pasted. No big deal...nothing too exciting in it.

Last edited by windom; 04-22-16 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-22-16, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't mind the schedule bump. It's just Real World. Why the hell am I watching this? haha
Old 05-11-16, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Two new episodes on Thursday (May 12).

"The Carny Queen"

"Shaken and Stirred"

The TV guide synopsis for Shaken and Stirred has spoilers.
Old 05-13-16, 03:57 PM

These people get worse & worse.
Ceejai turns Jenna asking Dean not to scream in her face a racial issue.
Jenna cheats on her bf with the new guy whom she has known less than a week.
Kaylah takes off her top & offers to fk the new guy within minutes of meeting him (guess she hasn't learned anything after banging Bananas Junior Jungle Guy).
And Amanda Please Carny girl must be the most obnoxious bitch ever to be on The RW.
Old 05-13-16, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

These people get worse & worse.
Yes, they are quite the gaggle of self-absorbed pompous blowhards. Suffice to say their ignorant rants about "how it is and/or should be" contain more dumb than a college for the deaf.
Old 05-14-16, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nevermind, now I remember why I watch this show.

Every single one of these people are just batshit crazy, and it's entertaining to watch because none of that insane stuff happens in my life. I can't imagine just fighting 24/7 about other people's problems (i.e: everyone complaining about Austin to Jenna. They're probably right, but how many times do you have to fight about it?)
Old 05-14-16, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Every single one of these people are just batshit crazy, and it's entertaining to watch because none of that insane stuff happens in my life.
Yep, it's interesting to hate watch this show for the inevitable drunken rage fights. They're literally fighting about nothing but what seems to happen is all their deep-seated insecurities and issues come boiling to the surface and explode - despite having nothing to do with the current situation.
Old 05-27-16, 03:20 AM

This last episode actually got me angry...

-Ceejai baiting drunk Jenna "swerve bitch swerve bitch" non stop until Jenna charges at her and gives her a shove.
-Jenna apologizes
-Jenna's on the phone talking to her friend with Ceejai once again in the background baiting her "you got your ass beat blah blah"
-Then the friend tells her to go pick cotton (which was pretty fkn stupid to say)
-Now the entire house is bashing Jenna calling her a racist
-Ceejai beats her up
Then Ceejai walks outside talking to herself saying how she's never been tried this much, how she's tried ignoring Jenna, etc. It looked to me like Ceejai has been tormenting this girl and wanted to get arise out of her.

Last edited by JZ1276; 05-27-16 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-27-16, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

It was only a matter of time once Jenna after taking months of their constant bullying finally decided to tell the jackbooted PC thugs to go fuck themselves and respond with something other than a constant string of apologies for daring to not fall in line before one of the arbiters of correct thought resorted to violence. It's never a surprise to find that those who rant and scream about acceptance and tolerance the loudest are the most intolerant people you will ever find. The icing on the cake was when they all ran around trying to outdo each other saying what a great thing it was that CJ violently attacked her and how proud they were of her physical assault because it had been decided that whomever hates Jenna the most is clearly the better person.

If someone still wants to roll their eyes over how insanely out of control this thinking has gotten watch this show. See what this crowd now considers the greatest crimes someone can commit and what the appropriate punishment is for disagreeing with them. CJ could forgive their father for murdering her mother, but this Jenna bitch just tried her more than anyone ever in her life with her constant racist diatribes (and homophobic ones and not hating the religion she was raised in and probably her human caused climate change skepticism) and some things are just unforgivable and all forms of retaliation are on the table and completely justifiable.

What a bunch of heroes.
Old 05-27-16, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was easily the worst season of RW that I can remember.
Old 05-27-16, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
It was only a matter of time once Jenna after taking months of their constant bullying finally decided to tell the jackbooted PC thugs to go fuck themselves and respond with something other than a constant string of apologies for daring to not fall in line before one of the arbiters of correct thought resorted to violence. It's never a surprise to find that those who rant and scream about acceptance and tolerance the loudest are the most intolerant people you will ever find. The icing on the cake was when they all ran around trying to outdo each other saying what a great thing it was that CJ violently attacked her and how proud they were of her physical assault because it had been decided that whomever hates Jenna the most is clearly the better person.

If someone still wants to roll their eyes over how insanely out of control this thinking has gotten watch this show. See what this crowd now considers the greatest crimes someone can commit and what the appropriate punishment is for disagreeing with them. CJ could forgive their father for murdering her mother, but this Jenna bitch just tried her more than anyone ever in her life with her constant racist diatribes (and homophobic ones and not hating the religion she was raised in and probably her human caused climate change skepticism) and some things are just unforgivable and all forms of retaliation are on the table and completely justifiable.

What a bunch of heroes.
In one scene Ceejai is complaining how she wishes white people would stop referring to her as "the black girl" & was asking why does the color of her skin have to matter, why can't people just know her as Ceejai, etc. The next scene she's talking about how she's a "proud African American woman". Fkn hypocrisy is insane & whats even worse is how all of the roommates immediately took her side. The show must have been edited during these fights because I can't really see anyone being so ignorant.

The ex Morman guy (Chris?) who walks around in his girlie underwear all day is no better either. He called Jenna a homophobe throughout the entire season because she said she'd be disgusted when he asked her if she would want to see two guys having sex.
Old 05-27-16, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,066 Likes on 646 Posts

Yeah, that last episode was really bad. I was disappointed in Ceejai as I really liked her in the first several episodes. But then she got really ugly with Jenna on the last several. The entire house hated Jenna as well which just makes me wonder how much was edited out and if Jenna was saying and doing a lot more than what was shown?

The show became the "I hate Jenna" show and tested my patience heavily. Even the "carny" guy asked them to shut up about Jenna at one point and they all just took turns explaining why they should hate Jenna and didn't listen to a word he said.

I liked the Tarzan guy and the black dude. The rest of them were so eyeball-rolling annoying that it felt like I was making myself suffer to just be able to know who they are when one or two of them get cast on The Challenge.
Old 05-27-16, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Like her or hate her...Jenna was the MVP of this season. Without her, it would have been a complete bore.

I don't understand why Jenna was kicked out of the house. It seemed to be for getting beaten by Ceejai and doing not fighting back. I didn't really understand the logic there. There was an incident a few seasons ago where someone on the show beat someone else with a hair dryer and no one got kicked out. Anyone remember that?

Their whole Go Big or Go Home theme was a complete bust. None of the challenges were interesting enough and no one ended up going home because of them. In fact, they brought someone in probably because they had planned on someone failing a challenge at some point so they had this guy lined up.
Old 05-27-16, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

The kicked Jenna because of when she did attack CeeJai, she went after her episode or two before the last one. Yea it's pretty freaking weak to do nothing about it at all initially and then take action but whatever that's the reason.

Yea go big or go home was beyond stupid this season the concept was boring as hell.
Old 05-27-16, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I liked the Tarzan guy and the black dude. The rest of them were so eyeball-rolling annoying that it felt like I was making myself suffer to just be able to know who they are when one or two of them get cast on The Challenge.
I agree. Sabrina was alright as well but something about the way she spoke really annoyed me.

Originally Posted by windom
I don't understand why Jenna was kicked out of the house. It seemed to be for getting beaten by Ceejai and doing not fighting back. I didn't really understand the logic there. There was an incident a few seasons ago where someone on the show beat someone else with a hair dryer and no one got kicked out. Anyone remember that?
The producer's reasoning behind kicking Jenna out was because she had pushed Ceejai on their previous fight (which Ceejai also provoked).
The REAL reason however is obvious to me. MTV was most definitely worried about coming across as racists if they only kicked out Ceejai.

I really wish they would go back to the original format & cast some respectable, normal people like they did in the beginning.
Old 05-28-16, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree, the season was a dud.

I think the only real hookup was Dione and Kailah, which must be a series low for number of hookups haha. Dione and his gf hooking up doesn't count.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.