Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Shades of Blue (NBC) -- S: Jennifer Lopez, Ray Liotta -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-16, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Shades of Blue (S1E04) -- "Who Is It That Can Tell Me Who I Am" -- 1/28/16

Haven't seen this episode yet, but am enjoying the series.
Old 01-30-16, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random musings after a mini-marathon of the first 4 episodes over the last 2 days:

- The pace feels fast.

- I like the diversity in the show. It feels organic.

- The forced undercover agent aspect is the aspect I like least about the show. It causes the most contrivances. If you suspect someone that many times, you really don't go back to really trusting them even if you can't prove your suspicions logically. The longer it goes on, the more difficult it is to take Ray Liotta seriously as a guy who has lasted so long.

- I'd forgotten I like J.Lo as a dramatic actress (as opposed to Romantic Comedy) much more than anything else (singer, dancer). Like someone else mentioned, I liked Out of Sight, and she was a big reason why. Granted, that's only one other role and it was a long time ago, but I still liked it more than anything else she's done until now.

- In some ways, this crew reminds me of The Shield.

- The girl who plays J.Lo's daughter play(ed/s) Thandie Newton's daughter on Rogue. Apparently she was also on Wayward Pines, but though I watched that, I forgot her role.

- A female cop breaking a glass over a young girl's head in a public bar and suffering no consequences wasn't the highlight of the show for me.
Old 02-01-16, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

at Wozniak getting the BJ from the dude he picked up at the bar with the dog staring. Loved when he crashed his car after seeing the dog again. Surprised he gave that dog food at the end.

Is Loman actually pretending to not be a cop with that woman? That's going to end well.

Looks like next week the crew finds out Wozniak is gay.

So far, this definitely feels like The Shield for network TV, but it's entertaining so far.
Old 02-04-16, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Shades of Blue (S1E05) -- "Equal and Opposite" -- 2/4/16

"SHADES OF BLUE"

"EQUAL & OPPOSITE"

02/04/2016 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : WOZNIAK'S CONFRONTATION WITH A LOCAL DRUG DEALER THREATENS TO EXPOSE HIS DEEPEST SECRET. Harlee (Jennifer Lopez) and Tess (Drea de Matteo) intercept a heroin shipment from a local drug lord who discovers Wozniak's secret and tries to use it as leverage to get his confiscated drugs back. Harlee fears Stahl's (Warren Kole) interest in her goes beyond the professional, believing that he is invading her privacy, and resorts to spying on him with the help of an old friend. Tess tries to use Espada (Vincent Laresca) to get back at her husband. Also starring Ray Liotta, Dayo Okeniyi, Hampton Fluker and Sarah Jeffery. Guest starring Gino Anthony Pesi, Santino Fontana, Michael Esper, Leslie Silva and Lolita Davidovich. TV-14 D, L, S, V

Episode 5 of 13

Old 02-05-16, 05:06 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Re: Shades of Blue (S1E05) -- "Equal and Opposite" -- 2/4/16

Renewed: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ebook_20160205
Old 02-05-16, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Cool news. Liking the show. Hope they keep it 13 episodes.
Old 02-11-16, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Shades of Blue (S1E06) -- "Fall of Man" -- 2/11/16

"SHADES OF BLUE"

"FALL OF MAN" ORIGINAL

02/11/2016 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : WOZNIAK BELIEVES HE HAS FOUND THE INFORMANT IN HIS CREW AND IS FORCED TO TAKE ACTION. Wozniak's (Ray Liotta) suspicions land on Saperstein (guest star Santino Fontana), forcing Harlee (Jennifer Lopez) to convince Stahl (Warren Kole) to arrest Saperstein in order to keep him safe. Harlee visits her abusive ex, Miguel (guest star Antonio Jaramillo), who tasks her with tracking down the man who committed the murder for which he is imprisoned. Also starring Drea de Matteo, Vincent Laresca, Dayo Okeniyi, Hampton Fluker and Sarah Jeffery. Guest starring Gino Anthony Pesi, Mark Deklin and Annie Chang. TV-14 D, L, S, V

Episode 6 of 13

Renewed for a 2nd season last week
Old 02-14-16, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Shades of Blue (S1E06) -- "Fall of Man" -- 2/11/16

Just caught this today. Is anyone else still keeping up? We're almost halfway done with the season now.

Holy shit. Great episode. That ending with Wozniak and Saperstein was crazy. Didn't expect Woz to push him off the building.

Plus the fact that Saperstein isn't dead yet, is wanted by the FBI and Woz still thinks is the mole will make things interesting next week.

That fall that Saperstein took from the building looked very real.

I loved the really dark expression in Ray Liotta's eyes when he heard that Sap was still breathing. And then the episode ends.

Things are going to get messy. I have to imagine a couple members of this team will be dead or in jail before the season is over.
Old 02-14-16, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I just got caught up today. That was probably the best episode of the series so far. That fall was impressive. I kept expecting them to cut before the impact. I think the whole dynamic of the show is going to change because they all know the FBI is looking into them and some of them might be tempted to turn on Woz. There's a lot of different directions they could take the show so it'll be interesting to see what happens the rest of this season.
Old 02-15-16, 07:38 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Watched this episode over the weekend. Agreed with the comments above - great episode. This show does an effective job luring you along -- only to go in a different, unexpected direction. I have no clue how things will play out, but it's fun going along for the ride. Liotta is great in this and yes, that final shot of his eyes once Sap was declared to be breathing, was perfect.
Old 02-15-16, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Yeah, I have been surprise by this show... I am hooked.
Old 02-18-16, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Shades of Blue (S1E07) -- "Undiscovered Country" -- 2/18/16

"SHADES OF BLUE"

(X) "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY" ORIGINAL

02/18/2016 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : HARLEE STRUGGLES TO PROTECT A GRAVELY INJURED SAPERSTEIN FROM A GUILT-RIDDEN WOZNIAK. Wozniak (Ray Liotta) grapples with his guilt over attempting to kill Saperstein (guest star Santino Fontana) as he is faced with the need to finish the job. Harlee (Jennifer Lopez) desperately tries to protect Saperstein as she struggles to keep the unit from being torn apart by suspicion and grief. Stahl (Warren Kole) gets closer to uncovering Harlee's relationship with Miguel (guest star Antonio Jaramillo). Also starring Drea de Matteo, Dayo Okeniyi, Vincent Laresca, Hampton Fluker and Sarah Jeffery. Guest starring Gino Anthony Pesi, Leslie Silva and Michael Esper. TV-14 D, L, V

Episode 7 of 13
Old 02-19-16, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally watched this episode. Is this the first time we have seen a forced blowjob on network TV?
Old 02-23-16, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Shades of Blue (S1E07) -- "Undiscovered Country" -- 2/18/16

Wow, another great episode. Good follow up to the previous one.

RIP Saperstein. I'm surprised, but also glad they followed up killing him off. That last sequence was pretty intense. Ray Liotta is a fantastic villain in this.
Old 02-23-16, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Shades of Blue (S1E07) -- "Undiscovered Country" -- 2/18/16

Well at least I can watch Saperstein on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I wondered how that actor was going to be on both shows at once.
Old 02-25-16, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Shades of Blue (S1E08) -- "Good Cop, Bad Cop" -- 2/25/16

"SHADES OF BLUE"

(X) "GOOD COP, BAD COP" ORIGINAL

02/25/2016 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : HARLEE'S ALLEGIANCE TO WOZNIAK WAVERS JUST AS HE PROVES THE LENGTHS HE WOULD GO TO PROTECT HER AND THE CREW. After Saperstein's (guest star Santino Fontana) death, Harlee (Jennifer Lopez) realizes there are no lines Wozniak (Ray Liotta) won't cross and decides to help Stahl's (Warren Kole) investigation. The crew retaliates against a pair of abusive cops after they harass Harlee's daughter Cristina (Sarah Jeffery) and her boyfriend. Wozniak makes Loman (Dayo Okeniyi) feel like a part of the unit. Also starring Drea de Matteo, Vincent Laresca and Hampton Fluker. Guest starring Gino Anthony Pesi, and Leslie Silva. TV-14 D, L, V

Episode 8 of 13
Old 03-19-16, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Shades of Blue (NBC) -- S: Jennifer Lopez, Ray Liotta -- Series Thread

11 have aired so far, I guess everyone has checked out.

I think it's been great so far.

Not a fan of having the ex stalker guy around but I can live with it.
Old 03-19-16, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still watching, although I am a little confused about what went went down with the heist.
Old 03-19-16, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still enjoying the show.

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I'm still watching, although I am a little confused about what went went down with the heist.
Which part was confusing to you?
Old 03-19-16, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am sure I missed some stuff this season whenever they would talk about the heist plot, so I wasn't sure what the plan was or how it got foiled. I was having a hard keeping straight what characters were supposed to be in on it. Is the guy that pulled the gun on them not a dirty cop?
Old 03-19-16, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All of them were in on the heist except the one driver and Loman aka the new guy. Loman was tracking down the murder suspect that they discovered was trying to buy the bar. He (Joaquin) just happened to be the one armored car driver who was in on the heist. He was also the guy who brought the kidnapped guy in the trunk of the car in last weeks episode.

They were stealing money that was being transferred by the DEA from a drug bust earlier that week. The plan was to get the truck dispatcher to leave her post for a few minutes while they robbed the truck and they were going to give a little beating to Joaquin to make it look real. Loman messed things up by catching them and calling for backup.
Old 03-20-16, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
All of them were in on the heist except the one driver and Loman aka the new guy. Loman was tracking down the murder suspect that they discovered was trying to buy the bar. He (Joaquin) just happened to be the one armored car driver who was in on the heist. He was also the guy who brought the kidnapped guy in the trunk of the car in last weeks episode.

They were stealing money that was being transferred by the DEA from a drug bust earlier that week. The plan was to get the truck dispatcher to leave her post for a few minutes while they robbed the truck and they were going to give a little beating to Joaquin to make it look real. Loman messed things up by catching them and calling for backup.
I think both drivers were in on it, but otherwise agree. Loman was after the murder suspect and stumbled into the heist.
Old 03-20-16, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was the other one in on it? I thought the way Woz threatened to blow up the truck made it seem like the one guy wasn't in on it. But then they weren't wearing masks either so you must be right.
Old 03-20-16, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Was the other one in on it? I thought the way Woz threatened to blow up the truck made it seem like the one guy wasn't in on it. But then they weren't wearing masks either so you must be right.
There was some comment between the guards about going "off route" that convinced me they were both in on it. I think the intent of the explosives (whether real or not) was to provide cover story for the two guards. If one wasn't in on it, they'd have to kill him, based on conversation and lack of masks.
Old 03-20-16, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by OldDude
There was some comment between the guards about going "off route" that convinced me they were both in on it. I think the intent of the explosives (whether real or not) was to provide cover story for the two guards. If one wasn't in on it, they'd have to kill him, based on conversation and lack of masks.
I think you're right but the dispatcher's husband was killed so it's possible that the plan was for Joaquin to kill the other driver after the robbery was finished. I guess we don't really know every detail. It looks like we will learn more about it next episode.

I'm pretty sure the explosives were real. I was thinking that the plan might have been to blow up the armored car afterwards.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.