Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Second Chance (S31E12) -- "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" -- 12/2/15

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Second Chance (S31E12) -- "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" -- 12/2/15

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Survivor: Second Chance (S31E12) -- "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" -- 12/2/15

I seem them having to stop a challenge for an injury at least once on a previous season I can't remember if it was reward or immunity and how they handled the overall end of the challenge.

I'm also very surprised more people don't pass out ,or get violently sick, during some of those challenges given the lack of healthy living when on the island.
Old 12-03-15, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Survivor: Second Chance (S31E12) -- "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" -- 12/2/15

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Abi...cutie? She's got a smokin' physique, but Look at that face!
Still can't decide if the body outweighs the face. Pretty classic butterface.

Sounded like Kelly cheering when Joe collapsed. So douchey.

This season is just much better than regular seasons. 1) way less duds when bringing people back 2) you know their backstories or enough about them to root for or against 3) competitions are better/gameplay in general more exciting
Old 12-03-15, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You've got to hand it to Keith. He's 62 yrs old and outlasting a lot of the young guys on a regular basis. And he doesn't even seem winded afterwards.

Out of those left, I guess I'm pulling for Tasha or Jeremy. Really anyone other than Wentworth, Abi or Kimmie.
Old 12-04-15, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
You've got to hand it to Keith. He's 62 yrs old and outlasting a lot of the young guys on a regular basis. And he doesn't even seem winded afterwards.

Out of those left, I guess I'm pulling for Tasha or Jeremy. Really anyone other than Wentworth, Abi or Kimmie.
It's still impressive, but Keith is only 52 (now 53), not 62.

While I'm rooting for Jeremy (who I didn't even like last time), I think Kelley has played a really good game and made the most of her second chance. I wouldn't mind at all if she won.
Old 12-04-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis

While I'm rooting for Jeremy (who I didn't even like last time), I think Kelley has played a really good game and made the most of her second chance. I wouldn't mind at all if she won.
I think Kelley comes across as very entitled but I think, as of this point in the show, she's played the best all-around game.

If she makes the final 3, I think she's a lock to win.

Kelley and Abi have been getting a LOT of hate for cheering when Joe went down. I mean the ugliest of the ugly like death threats. I thought it was pretty obvious they were excited that Joe lost and just didn't immediately realize Joe passed out or that it was potentially serious.

I find Abi to be very entertaining. I can't even remember her first time on the show but I don't even see her as a villain. She has had a couple of ridiculous freak outs, mostly at the beginning, but I find her to be really funny.

This has been a terrific season imo.
Old 12-04-15, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I find Abi to be very entertaining. I can't even remember her first time on the show but I don't even see her as a villain. She has had a couple of ridiculous freak outs, mostly at the beginning, but I find her to be really funny.
At least on the show, I think she comes off as more than a little mean.

RC chose not to submit herself for the fan vote last spring b/c she would rather not play at all then play the game with Abi again. And she would have had enough votes to get back on.
Old 12-04-15, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

At least on the show, I think she comes off as more than a little mean.
She was just outright nasty to people on her other season. And not in a Russell Hanz entertaining/using it as a strategy way either. It was in the Seaward way.
Old 12-04-15, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Most surprising thing learned from this week's show is that Keith went to college. He marched off to Arkansas and brought him home a girl.
Old 12-04-15, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
She was just outright nasty to people on her other season. And not in a Russell Hanz entertaining/using it as a strategy way either. It was in the Seaward way.
That's I brought up the RC example.

And we'll have to agree to disagree about whether Russell Hantz was entertaining, and I think two juries have spoken about whether Russell being a dick to people is an effective strategy.
Old 12-04-15, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was really bummed RC made that decision. Love her. Best combo of looks and the rest since Parvati. Oh well. Of course I also enjoyed Russell. I suspect most of the players aren't nice to each other all the time. Boston Rob was a dick quite often and yet many still loved him and he won because he didn't run into a buch of people looking to get butthurt.

Keith was impressive at challenges on his original season as well. Not the first older guy to show up the much younger ones, but he has that going for him. But that's about it. He's also another one that came off like real dick in his original season. Also appears to be one of those guys that thinks women should always cater to men. Bringing him on seemed to be the stunt casting we have seen recent seasons... hoping he would clash with at least some of the women, and it worked that first season.

Lastly, I can't believe anybody is stupid enough to think that people were cheering and celebrating because Joe collapsed. Those people must not watch sports because that scenario happens all the time then too. No way to know somebody is actually really down or hurt right after something happens.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 12-04-15 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-04-15, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leeta
Yep. Keith just looks 62. His secret weapon is Big D!!!

Agree with dolphin and mickey that the immediate cheers were for Joe's collapse (which may have just been seen as a stumble or loss of balance). It seemed that they (including Kelly & Abi) rushed over pretty quickly, and it sounded (to me) like Kelly repeatedly saying, "OMG!" & looking concerned.

That being said, Kelly's edits can come across as a little gloating or mean-spirited (although Jeremy did also did a private happy dance after finding his HII, as did Postman Mike). I guess confessionals shouldn't count. And Kelly's faces & gestures were priceless when Abi wouldn't leave.

I didn't understand her crawling around when people started coming back into camp. IMO, that would look a lot more suspicious if someone saw her than if she'd just stood up & gone about her business.

I do wonder if contestants such as Kelly Wi. & Kimmi would ever bring up during the live show (when it couldn't be edited out) why the producers basically reduced their air time to zero. I'm sure that each contestant thinks that, while being filmed, their confessionals & interactions will get plenty of airplay. I get that the producers focus on the most entertaining contestants, but surely there's a few things that all contestants do during their time out there that is equally worthy to some of the anguished ditties (Stephen) or tortured worrying (Spencer) that airs.

I don't have a clear favorite but would be okay with Jeremy, Spencer, Tosha, Kelly Wi., or Keith. Based upon the edits, I'd vote "None" if the choice were between Kimmi & Abi (well, I'd give it to Kimmi while holding my nose).

Like dolphin says, Abi can be really entertaining. Have to admit that it would be a hoot & gigantic finger to the audience if she actually won. Her reaction would be priceless. Focus!
Old 12-04-15, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agree with dolphin and mickey that the immediate cheers were for Joe's collapse (which may have just been seen as a stumble or loss of balance). It seemed that they (including Kelly & Abi) rushed over pretty quickly, and it sounded (to me) like Kelly repeatedly saying, "OMG!" & looking concerned.
Whoa. Maybe today is the day.

Anyway, yes, everybody (guys included) went from celebrating Joe's loss in some way to what appeared to be genuine concern that he had something serious going on. As posted before, probably because they all know how terrible they have been feeling at times and know any number of nasty things can get you out there. Fish is lucky he didn't have to leave because of that foot.
Old 12-04-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Anyway, yes, everybody (guys included) went from celebrating Joe's loss in some way to what appeared to be genuine concern that he had something serious going on.
Looked like feigned concern to me. She realized she'd look like a giant asshole so she kept repeating "is he OK?" almost like a guilty conscience type of thing. They were cheering because he lost, but it should've been obvious he collapsed unless their perspective wasn't as clear as ours. Either way, they were cheering for someone losing: assholes.
Old 12-04-15, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
Either way, they were cheering for someone losing: assholes.
Have you never actually competed in anything? People cheer for others to lose so they can win. If you have never done that, you might be the only one.

Cheering for somebody to get hurt, that would be being an asshole or worse. But they didn't seem to do that, even after he went down and was obviously more than just worn out by the challenge.
Old 12-04-15, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Have you never actually competed in anything? People cheer for others to lose so they can win. If you have never done that, you might be the only one.

Cheering for somebody to get hurt, that would be being an asshole or worse. But they didn't seem to do that, even after he went down and was obviously more than just worn out by the challenge.
I don't equate Survivor with a regular sport. I would not cheer when some regular, good person just lost their shot at a million bucks even if it improved my odds. I mean, obviously I'd be thrilled. The guy clearly collapsed. Also Abi and to a lesser extent Kelly are clearly assholes beyond that instance.

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
LOT of hate for cheering when Joe went down. I mean the ugliest of the ugly like death threats.
Link?
Old 12-04-15, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
I don't equate Survivor with a regular sport.
That's your call, but they are clearly comparable when the cahllenges are physical in nature. But they could be paying a board game and it still would be acceptable to cheer on another player losing when your chances of winning vastly improve in the process.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 12-04-15 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-04-15, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
This is turning out to be a great season, in my opinion.

I was pulling for Joe and had hopes for him going into TC. But when he started campaigning for Abi during TC, I knew he must have known his goose was cooked.

I was a little surprised Tasha shared the all-girls conversation with the guys and thought they'd take action on it.

And Keith votes Tasha. What?
That threw me for a loop too. Heard on a podcast (that features a lot of former and current Survivors) that the others knew Keith and Joe were tight and that they knew there was no way Keith would vote for him so they told him the plan was to vote out Tasha.
Old 12-04-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by kilcher
Heard on a podcast (that features a lot of former and current Survivors)...
Rob Has A Podcast?
Old 12-04-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Rob Has A Podcast?
That's the one.
Old 12-04-15, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Abi's no angle, but she's still kind of a cutie.
Abi...cutie? She's got a smokin' physique, but Look at that face! Can you imagine voting for that face!!
I read it as Josh-da-man trying to keep the angle puns going [a cutie = acute e]

Though ... I must admit that I find Abi cute. I can imagine that her personality gets to be too much if you have to be around her for very long (assuming how she acts on tv is how she really is, and not some fake reality tv persona to get more airtime). When she first appeared on Survivor, I was surprised to see she was in her 30's already.
Old 12-04-15, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Abi is very good looking. Good thing, because that's all she has going for her.
Old 12-07-15, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

my wife said Abi suffers from "resting bitch face". So when her face is in "no emotion" mode it looks like she's pissed at something