Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S6E07) -- "Heads Up" -- 11/22/15

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-15, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S6E07) -- "Heads Up" -- 11/22/15

It was a given that Glenn was going to survive since there were on-set photos leaked that showed Glenn with a character that hasn't been introduced yet...

The fellow with the long hair and beard is pretty obviously a known character from the comics who hasn't been introduced in the series yet.
Old 11-23-15, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so when Maggie said Judith is starting to look like Lori, does she mean dead?
because when Carol dropped her off I got a feeling of nothing good is going to come of that especially with Ron following Carl with a loaded gun (that Rick basically put in his hands)
Old 11-23-15, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 946 Likes on 720 Posts

I hope this isn't an incredibly stupid question to ask, but what was Spencer trying to do when he was crawling on the cable? I watched the scene several times, and it didn't make sense to me.
Old 11-23-15, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
what was Spencer trying to do
Well I'm sure you saw where he said he was going for a car to lure the zombies away. Errrrr but why he was trying to cable over all of 9 feet away from the wall to what looked like a tin shed, I have no idea.

he also randomly picked a place right next to a guard tower.. Just start at the tower. At this point I think the show knows how much fans love to nitpick at the show and the show runners are just throwing us softballs to rant about online.
Old 11-23-15, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

This was the first time I turned off The Talking Dead as I only got through 5 minutes when they were giving themselves high fives for the way they handled the Glenn issue.

I love this season, but the supposed Glenn death ranks up there with Bobby Ewing coming out of the shower in Dallas as the previous season didn't exist. The sad thing was it was so uneccessary to even fake kill him because they're better then that and it just looks like they wanted to fuck with the fans because it so popular now.
Old 11-23-15, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still succeeded in making some of you folks think he was actually dead.
Old 11-23-15, 06:25 AM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts

Me thinks that Ron is going to...
Spoiler:
put that big hole in Carl's head.

Now that would be a wonderful closing visual for a cliff hanger for the Fall Finale!
Old 11-23-15, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Still succeeded in making some of you folks think he was actually dead.
Yes, but you lose credibility on future deaths of major stars on the show. Alot of people have compared this to Sophia, but the difference is you never saw her eaten by zombies on screen, so they weren't tricking you thinking whether she was dead or not.

The Glenn thing was just lame whether he was alive or not because it was so obvious he should have died. So what happens now if there if Rick, Carol, Glen, Darryl all look like they are killed, I will roll my eyes and think, "Oh, there is a chance they will pull a 'Glenn' on us again," when if they really do die many of us will miss that emotional moment because we don't trust the writers anymore.
Old 11-23-15, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
The fellow with the long hair and beard is pretty obviously a known character from the comics who hasn't been introduced in the series yet.
Looks like Mr Green from the new movie "The Night Before".
Old 11-23-15, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Me thinks that Ron is going to...
Spoiler:
put that big hole in Carl's head.

Now that would be a wonderful closing visual for a cliff hanger for the Fall Finale!
That would be amazing. I would shoot Carl on principle the way he interrupted his dad during the gun lesson like a know-it-all. Hey remember that elk that kicked your ass?
Old 11-23-15, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This show is starting to get tedious. I hope they end it sooner than later.

Spoiler:
I think a good place to end the run would be with the Negan storyline before the time jump. They shouldn't really go beyond that or at the very least show a glimpse of it and be done with it. At least it sort of ended happy at that point.
Old 11-23-15, 08:27 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
This show is starting to get tedious. I hope they end it sooner than later.

Spoiler:
I think a good place to end the run would be with the Negan storyline before the time jump. They shouldn't really go beyond that or at the very least show a glimpse of it and be done with it. At least it sort of ended happy at that point.
The show isn't going anywhere. It'll be on for a atleast 6 more years. Though I do think they may reduce episode orders when then get into later seasons.
Old 11-23-15, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

at the people calling for the Glenn complainers.

That said, why would the zombies around him disperse? We've seen zombies kill themselves trying to get after someone, seems like if they knew he was under the dumpster there's no reason any of them would stop clawing at him.
Old 11-23-15, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by coli
Yes, but you lose credibility on future deaths of major stars on the show. Alot of people have compared this to Sophia, but the difference is you never saw her eaten by zombies on screen, so they weren't tricking you thinking whether she was dead or not.

The Glenn thing was just lame whether he was alive or not because it was so obvious he should have died. So what happens now if there if Rick, Carol, Glen, Darryl all look like they are killed, I will roll my eyes and think, "Oh, there is a chance they will pull a 'Glenn' on us again," when if they really do die many of us will miss that emotional moment because we don't trust the writers anymore.
I completely disagree. When a character is obviously killed (like Beth getting shot in the head or Shane dying and then coming back as a zombie), then they are just dead.

But a situation with OBVIOUS misdirection (like there was with Glenn) it's fine for them to pull a bait and switch. If we had actually seen Glenn get bitten or his face clawed off or something and then he comes waltzing into camp like there's no problem, that's a much bigger issue.

So to recap, if we see Rick/Daryl/Carol eaten by zombies, I'm sure they'll stay dead. If we see any of those characters fall to the ground with another person on top of him and that person is eaten by zombies, I'll completely understand if they survive.
Old 11-23-15, 09:41 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Glenn's survival was some bullshit, for sure. I mean, it's pretty much what I expected (assuming he was alive, even though I really wanted the writers to smarten the fuck up and do something more compelling this season), but it was absolutely ridiculous. If it were any other character, they'd be zombie food, but it's Glenn so he magically pulls himself under a dumpster while dozens (dozens!) of walkers on all sides pull at him but, oh, he killed two or three on one side so suddenly all the other walkers just give up?

I'm not even mad about it (you might think otherwise from my tone above). It's just stupid, and lazy, and shows that they're comfortable and don't want to take any real risks anymore. It reduces the weight of the show at this point. Hell, even if Glenn dies in the next episode, it'll matter so much LESS because of this silly escape.

Meanwhile, my wife's reaction was
"YAY GLENN!!! Dan, shut up!"

Originally Posted by fumanstan
That said, why would the zombies around him disperse? We've seen zombies kill themselves trying to get after someone, seems like if they knew he was under the dumpster there's no reason any of them would stop clawing at him.
This is merely my point. Assuming he was actually able to save himself like he did, it's yet another leap to make the audience think the zombies will just 'nope' out of the situation because they can't reach him.
Old 11-23-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Glad Enid didn't find any turtle to eat. Think Glenn would throw up on seeing that.
Old 11-23-15, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Spoiler:
I can't think of anything the writers can come up with better than what actually happens to Glenn. It's too perfect a scene to not use. It would be so fuckin' lame if he stays throughout the whole run.
Old 11-23-15, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once again Korean superiority shows how to endure situations that white people would never survive.
Old 11-23-15, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dan
\This is merely my point. Assuming he was actually able to save himself like he did, it's yet another leap to make the audience think the zombies will just 'nope' out of the situation because they can't reach him.
It seemed like he killed enough of them to "hide" under the dumpster. If he's not making a sound and the zombies don't see him anymore, why would they stay? They made a point of showing them wandering off after hearing noises like the rolling can.
Old 11-23-15, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

How it is that the walkers rip into Nicholas, but they leave the dude at the gate whole? I'm wondering if Carol will get to interrogate the Wolf guy in prison with nothing short of waterboarding.

I see Glenn is already an overbearing Asian father with Enid.
Old 11-23-15, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
It seemed like he killed enough of them to "hide" under the dumpster. If he's not making a sound and the zombies don't see him anymore, why would they stay? They made a point of showing them wandering off after hearing noises like the rolling can.
I don't think he could have properly killed many from his position, and not nearly enough to all of a sudden hide when all the zombies are already aware of his position. I basically mentioned this earlier, zombies on the show have been shown to be relentless when they see/hear/smell human flesh. Any excuse for them leaving is pretty weak and just one of those tv/movie things where they change the rules to match the situation.

It doesn't bother me that much any more given the number of those type of things on the show and in zombie movies, but thought it was silly enough to point out.
Old 11-23-15, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
Spoiler:
I can't think of anything the writers can come up with better than what actually happens to Glenn. It's too perfect a scene to not use. It would be so fuckin' lame if he stays throughout the whole run.
Spoiler:
I think this fake death sort of ruins that moment if it is going to happen. I liked how Lucille came out of nowhere in the comic. I almost feel like this fake death was the writer's way of telling us that Glenn is an untouchable.
Old 11-23-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It was a given that Glenn was going to survive since there were on-set photos leaked that showed Glenn with a character that hasn't been introduced yet...

[img]CLIP for space

Seeing the picture you posted is pretty much is why I knew he was alive weeks ago. I really do think that they dragged this out too way long. They did not have good enough set security to pull this off. Most people figured it out, and it was all over the internet. So much of the storyline just seems like trolling for yucks, but oh well.

Still a pretty good episode. My highlight was Tara flipping Rick the bird. That was hysterical to me for some reason.
Old 11-23-15, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They had already established the way the season was going to go (viewpoints from multiple character groups) so the idea of waiting to find out if Glenn was alive made sense. And since they made it pretty clear that he wasn't dead (again, by not actually showing anything happen to him) I think that a small group of people on the internet made it seem like a much bigger deal than it really was.

Plus, I'm all over the internet every day and never saw those set pictures, mostly because I don't follow any sort of spoiler sites or Twitter accounts that would reveal something like that.
Old 11-23-15, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

I realize it'd be the death of their careers if they said anything but I'm surprised not one of the hundreds of walker extras has revealed a character death. Glad though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.