Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Battle of the Bloodlines (MTV) - premieres 12/2/15

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-15, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Bloodlines (MTV) - premieres 12/2/15

Laurel stated there was a new clause in the contract that said they had to sign away all their HIPPA rights and that MTV could do anything they wanted with their medical records including release the information at their discretion or something like that. So she refused and the 2 sisters from AYTO were cast in their place.
Old 12-10-15, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It kind of sucks to be a smaller guy on these challenges, I don't think there's enough puzzle type stuff to counter it so it seems like usually the big athletic guys win out. Except for maybe Jay last season who was in the finals as a cakewalk. Cohutta had no chance.
Old 12-10-15, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Yeah, sorry to see Cohutta go. He's never won money on one of these.
Old 12-17-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The "twist" with the new teams and going home if your bloodline is kind of neat. Kind of enjoyed Camilla freaking out and talking to everyone, even blaming her own team. That girl is crazy.
Old 12-17-15, 09:08 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The "twist" with the new teams and going home if your bloodline is kind of neat. Kind of enjoyed Camilla freaking out and talking to everyone, even blaming her own team. That girl is crazy.
She IS crazy. "Nobody has my back!" Well...unfortunately with how this game is setup, you can't really have anyone's back. Every season... it still blows my mind how personal these people take it. Leroy had the right mindset about it on the aftershow.

Also - I don't know if it was mentioned... but they are currently filming Rivals III. There was recently a helicopter that crashed on its way to filming.
Old 12-17-15, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't like Corey & I don't like Tony. Didn't like them during their seasons on the RW either. Wonder whats wrong with Tony...
Old 12-17-15, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Have to agree about Tony. Can't stand that guy. If he goes home he won't be missed.
Old 12-30-15, 06:55 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

There a 2 new episodes on tonight.
Old 12-30-15, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
It almost seems like MTV is trying to burn off this season. Starting the season in Dec and airing two new episodes the day before New Year's Eve seems like they're trying to get low ratings.....

I like that they brought Abram into the mix. That guy is insane in the membrane.
Old 12-30-15, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I noticed that too. I thought it was a mistake or another after-show, but it looks like the real deal. Strange, but I'm fine with it. It's not like there is much else going on TV-wise this time of year anyway.
Old 12-30-15, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Also, I read online that they've already shot a new season and it's going to be:
Spoiler:
Rivals III
Old 12-30-15, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Abram should bring some fun. Disappointed that Leroy had to leave like that, he might be my favorite contestant on these now.
Old 12-30-15, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It doesn't really matter what happens it's always Johnny's fault. He's an ass, and he brings a lot of it on himself, but I'm not sure what he was supposed to do there. I guess she needed the symbolic vote.

KellyAnne was a fan favorite? Are there any fan favorites there? I like Cara, I guess. KellyAnne's cousin seemed like a cool guy tonight, but this is the first time I remember him talking.

I'm glad to see that Abram is maturing with age. Her "cheating" not withstanding I do think he is messing up her game. I imagine that she and John actually were cool this year. They've both done work for Diem's charity.
Old 12-31-15, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Dario and Raphy
Old 01-06-16, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Cara Maria needs to get out of that relationship, it's quite abusive. Abram is crazy, legitimately crazy. Cara must have low self esteem, I think she is staying with him for fear of her life.
Old 01-06-16, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Abe has always been a wackadoo, but Cara isn't exactly normal. It's hard to entirely judge their multi-year relationship based on what little we see, but clearly there is some dysfunction there.
Old 01-06-16, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I don't understand how they ever allowed Abram back on these shows after he assaulted one of his castmates on his original season of Road Rules.
Old 01-06-16, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lest we forget, Abe does have this fun little moment in his challenge past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougKpMy4gQU
Old 01-07-16, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been watching these challenges since I can remember, has Abe always been this fkn nuts? I've only seen him on a couple before & it seems like he's playing it up. Anyway, if anyone saw the aftershow, would've been a perfect opportunity for Tom to apologize for making such a scumbag move.
Old 01-07-16, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a new low.

I have no sympathy at all for Abe. This was one time where you could actually see how someone acted in such a clear way that you don't need to really need to know all the details.

Obviously, Cara is a bit weird, but Abe was controlling her, manipulating her and was mentally abusing her...and that's just from the edited episode and the after show.

The fact that they needed to worry so much about security and serious violence erupting because Cara made out with another guy, also tells you pretty much all you need to know about Abe's character and how the relationship has probably gone for the 3 years or so.

It's not easy to let go of someone you love, especially someone like Cara who seems to have or had low self esteem, no matter how badly you get kicked around. Abe acts out and then tells her he loves her and it won't ever happen again. Cara let him do these things to her during the episode and during the after show, so clearly she hasn't developed the skills needed to deal with a bad relationship, and while I'm sure there were good times, I have no doubt (again, unless this show truly is acted out) this has been an extremely dysfunctional relationship.

I don't know why after all the sick stuff he does every season, but I was actually surprised Bananas took Abe's side, considering Bananas is in a long term relationship with Hannah Teter and would never be ok with her being treated that way.

And next week, we get even more drama. I don't watch anything else on television that's remotely this bad, but I can't stop.
Old 01-07-16, 02:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
because Cara made out with another guy
lol thinking she just made out with him

while they were in the bathroom in the one ep the on screen text said about the mic pack hitting the floor, but yah making out
Old 01-07-16, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phantom_azazel
lol thinking she just made out with him

while they were in the bathroom in the one ep the on screen text said about the mic pack hitting the floor, but yah making out
If you're getting hot and heavy your mic pak can fall without having sex, Sherlock.

I think Cara would be honest about that kind of thing at this point, but since you can't take her word, we'll just go with your mic pak evidence.

As if them screwing would make Abe, a grown man, less of an abusive dick.
Old 01-07-16, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I've been watching these challenges since I can remember, has Abe always been this fkn nuts? I've only seen him on a couple before & it seems like he's playing it up. Anyway, if anyone saw the aftershow, would've been a perfect opportunity for Tom to apologize for making such a scumbag move.
Yeah, I don't recall Abe being THIS crazy. The little introduction of himself last week and talking about being nuts right from the start definitely makes me think he was hamming it up extra during the actual competition. I was rooting for them the season him and Cara actually got together.

Then again the way these shows are edited and seem to like to focus on a handful of players each season always makes me wonder what's left out and what's deliberate.
Old 01-07-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know he's been sent home for fighting at least twice. Maybe he plays it up for the cameras a little, but he's always had a slightly unhinged quality.

The way Cara was concerned during last night's reunion seemed to indicate that she legitimately thought he might do something.
Old 01-07-16, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I know he's been sent home for fighting at least twice. Maybe he plays it up for the cameras a little, but he's always had a slightly unhinged quality.

The way Cara was concerned during last night's reunion seemed to indicate that she legitimately thought he might do something.
Oh definitely, hence my emphasis on being THIS crazy. I don't recall antics like what he was doing before that duel or whatever they're calling it this year, but then again he had personal stakes in this because of Cara.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.