Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gotham (S2E03) -- "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh" -- 10/05/15

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-15, 07:58 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts
Gotham (S02E03) -- "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh" -- 10/05/15

“Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh”
Gordon and Bullock track down a nemesis from the past, leading to a standoff.

ABRACADABRA, HOSTAGES! ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, ON FOX

Gordon and Bullock track down a nemesis from the past, leading to a standoff between Jerome (guest star Cameron Monaghan) and Gordon. Meanwhile, a magic show at the Gotham Children’s Hospital gala turns into a hostage situation in the all-new “Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-203) (TV-14; L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1 [VIEWER'S NOTE: Another episode will encore this Friday 10/9/15 at 8:00 pm ET/PT]

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Michael Chiklis as Detective Nathaniel Barnes, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, James Frain as Theo Galavan, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Nicholas D'Agosto as Harvey Dent, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jerome, Mark Margolis as Paul Cicero, Norm Lewis as Deputy Mayor Harrison Kane
TV-14; L, V
Episode 3 of 22

Last edited by Goldberg74; 10-05-15 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-05-15, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Gotham (S02E03) -- "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh" -- 10/05/15

well there goes that theory.
Old 10-05-15, 07:59 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts

Spoiler:
Adios Jerome!
Old 10-05-15, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Gotham (S2E03) -- "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh" -- 10/05/15

ABRACADABRA, HOSTAGES! ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, ON FOX

Gordon and Bullock track down a nemesis from the past, leading to a standoff between Jerome (guest-star Cameron Monaghan) and Gordon. Meanwhile, a magic show at the Gotham Children's Hospital gala turns into a hostage situation in the all-new "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-203) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Michael Chiklis as Detective Nathaniel Barnes, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, James Frain as Theo Galavan, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Nicholas D'Agosto as Harvey Dent, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jerome, Mark Margolis as Paul Cicero, Norm Lewis as Deputy Mayor Harrison Kane

Episode 3 of 22
Old 10-05-15, 08:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That's a shame.
Old 10-05-15, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
well there goes that theory.
Well, reading that, I kind of knew what to expect LOL.

Spoiler:
All the theories and thoughts of who is Joker, so guessing the guy we think is Joker is now dead
Old 10-05-15, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Gotham (S2E03) -- "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh" -- 10/05/15

So...ending left a lot of open ended questions...not a fan of this wannabe hero either.
Old 10-06-15, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Another good episode I thought. It was very cinematic. Alfred hitting on Leslie was pretty funny. Barbara is infinitely more interesting as a villain though I wonder if what she said was actually real foreshadowing. Selina has blossomed quite a bit in the last year, She is really excellent. Bruce was "brave" but I wanted to see a little more anger and edge. Missed opportunity there I think. Disappointed in the major development of the episode but I guess it make sense from an arc stand point. Morena should never ever go short hair again she goes up at least 2 number grades in hotness with long hair. Showrunners seem to have hit their stride and have the exact right tone now. People are maybe not noticing but Bruce is a little more involved so far.
Old 10-06-15, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I thought this may have been Gotham's best episode in its short lifespan. I never saw that death coming this soon. That ending was a smart way to introduce a future Mr. J without being tied down to any one actor. Though I thought Jerome was superbly played by that actor. It's a shame he didn't get to hang around a bit longer.

It was funny seeing Alfred hit on her like that at the gala. The one thing they really have to keep in check is Bruce's tears. The kid practically goes into tears whenever Bruce is confronted with a challenging situation. You would never know this boy grows up to be the Dark Knight given his fragile emotional state.
Old 10-06-15, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Kudos to the show for having the balls to do that. They pretty much give us the Joker and then say "Fooled you!"
Old 10-06-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

There's two Jokers in every deck
Old 10-06-15, 03:39 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I really hope they didn't shoot themselves in the foot with that reveal. That was some really great casting.
Old 10-06-15, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Yeah, I am pretty sure I read something that foreshadowed that Jerome wasn't going to become the Joker. It's too bad they couldn't keep him around. That kid was one of the best things of the show.
Old 10-06-15, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

One thing about a future joker is that this could make them look like a copy cat to some degree.
Old 10-06-15, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent episode. My only qualm with the episode is I feel like it's obvious the magician wasn't Jerome and was instead the "hero" just judging by body type and voice.

Loved the look on Jim's face when Alfred was flirting with his girlfriend.

Barbara is actually a great villain and so much more interesting than she ever was as Jim's wife.

Originally Posted by Deftones
Yeah, I am pretty sure I read something that foreshadowed that Jerome wasn't going to become the Joker. It's too bad they couldn't keep him around. That kid was one of the best things of the show.
I was shocked that they killed off the Jerome character. He was easily one of the best parts of the show; loved the kid's take on The Joker and his laugh was just spot-on. He was so much fun to watch and I hope the show doesn't suffer from his departure. I did find it interesting that they ended with the possibility of "other Jokers" in the future.
Old 10-07-15, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Another good episode I thought. It was very cinematic. Alfred hitting on Leslie was pretty funny. Barbara is infinitely more interesting as a villain though I wonder if what she said was actually real foreshadowing. Selina has blossomed quite a bit in the last year, She is really excellent. Bruce was "brave" but I wanted to see a little more anger and edge. Missed opportunity there I think. Disappointed in the major development of the episode but I guess it make sense from an arc stand point. Morena should never ever go short hair again she goes up at least 2 number grades in hotness with long hair. Showrunners seem to have hit their stride and have the exact right tone now. People are maybe not noticing but Bruce is a little more involved so far.
Yeah I love Alfred in this show. He has a lot of range and character. Couldn't help put laugh and feel bad at the same time with his flirting. And Barbara, my goodness, what a fox. The foreshadowing, is that with her being with Jim?

So with Joker, is it anyone can be Joker at any time with the ending? Thought the kid watching TV might be revealed to be Joker until the random bums started playing Mr. J. And then that smile on Jerome's face at the end, could he come back???
Old 10-07-15, 09:01 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Well, there is a running theory that (speculation):

Spoiler:
Theo Galavan is Ra's Al Ghul, which could lead to Jerome being resurrected in the Lazarus Pit.
Old 10-07-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho

Spoiler:
Theo Galavan is Ra's Al Ghul, which could lead to Jerome being resurrected in the Lazarus Pit.
I will be down with that. This show is getting better.
Old 10-08-15, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho

Spoiler:
Is that the guy who was the hero on the show? Hate that guy. And after Arrow doing that, I really don't want to see Gotham do it...
Old 10-08-15, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, can we just leave Ra's Al Ghul alone already? His corpse has been beaten worse than a dead horse now.
Old 10-08-15, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Really? I don't remember seeing RAG much outside of the comics except in the DCAU and the Nolan movies.
Old 10-08-15, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Really? I don't remember seeing RAG much outside of the comics except in the DCAU and the Nolan movies.
Arrow last season.
Old 10-08-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Yeah I love Alfred in this show. He has a lot of range and character. Couldn't help put laugh and feel bad at the same time with his flirting. And Barbara, my goodness, what a fox. The foreshadowing, is that with her being with Jim?

So with Joker, is it anyone can be Joker at any time with the ending? Thought the kid watching TV might be revealed to be Joker until the random bums started playing Mr. J. And then that smile on Jerome's face at the end, could he come back???
Yeah she said that she would still eventually wind up with Jim anyway because they are both dark inside. I think that might be true in the end in the show as well.
Old 10-08-15, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

This actually about last weeks ep.

The bit with a bus load of cheerleaders randomly driving through the area of the maniax was so stupid it almost got me to stop watching. That was Schumacher level idiocy.
Old 10-09-15, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Great episode.

Seriously that's such a shame that Cameron Monaghan wasn't the Joker. But, since he's on Shameless full time, he probably couldn't commit to this show anyways.

I think the ending foreshadowed that there are many potential psychopaths out there who could potentially be a Joker.

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Yeah she said that she would still eventually wind up with Jim anyway because they are both dark inside. I think that might be true in the end in the show as well.
Doubtful. There is just no way Barbara Keen could end up being the future Mrs. Jim Gordon. The woman is a psychopath and murdered her own parents.

I think they are re-writing history here and keeping Lee as Jim's love interest/potential future wife. Only thing as mentioned before is how the heck would he even consider naming his future daughter/Bat Girl after his psychotic ex-girlfriend?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.