TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-15, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
re: Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

Episode 2 airs tonight at 10pm

ALEX IS ON THE RUN, AND THE RECRUITS ARE TASKED WITH FINDING A PROVERBIAL NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK, ON ABC'S "QUANTICO"

"America" -- Alex is on the run and must outsmart Liam and his team to get into her apartment for anything that could help clear her name. Meanwhile, in a flashback to Quantico training, the NATS are tasked with finding a needle in a haystack while looking for potential threats to national security, on "Quantico" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4 (10:01--11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Quantico" stars Priyanka Chopra as Alex Parrish, Josh Hopkins as Liam O'Connor, Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda Shaw, Jake McLaughlin as Ryan Booth, Tate Ellington as Simon Asher, Johanna Braddy as Shelby Wyatt, Graham Rogers as Caleb Haas and Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah Amin.

Guest starring are Rick Cosnett as Elias Harper and Anabelle Acosta as Nathalie Vasquez.

"America" was written by Joshua Safran and directed by Stephen Kay. Executive producers of "Quantico" are Joshua Safran, Mark Gordon, Nicholas Pepper, Jake Coburn and Robert Sertner. "Quantico" is produced by ABC Studios.
Old 10-04-15, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went into this expecting more of a Covert Affairs type story line not The Fugitive. We'll see how it goes.
Old 10-04-15, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

Does Chopra have any ties to royalty? She looks very princess like. spoilerized for size
Spoiler:

I know it's just the photo shoot, but I would believe it if told she was of noble blood. That said, she isn't enough to get me to watch this series.
Old 10-04-15, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I watched the pilot solely based on the previews of the hot lead actress. It was How to Get Away with Terrorism but whether or not I stick with it will depend on how ludicrous the plots get
Old 10-04-15, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Does Chopra have any ties to royalty? She looks very princess like. spoilerized for size
Spoiler:

I know it's just the photo shoot, but I would believe it if told she was of noble blood. That said, she isn't enough to get me to watch this series.
Because nobles are all beautiful and handsome?
Old 10-05-15, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Pretty good 2nd episode. But, a lot of plot to digest. They were really playing up the conspiracy angle.

So let's see about these suspects:

Simon: Fake gay guy and wearing fake glasses.

Shelby: Apparently speaks a Middle Eastern language and received a mystery phone call. Earlier, erases that contact from her phone.

Caleb: Kicked out of Quantico and comes back as an analyst trainee.

Nimah/Rayna: Mystery twins sent in by Miranda for some kind of experiment.

Vazquez: Not much about her other than some cut/injury under her ear.

Surprised to see Eddie from The Flash here. Looks like he's on to Simon.

I don't know. I have a feeling they are throwing a lot of Red Herrings right now. No one really sticks out like a sore thumb yet.

I don't quite get yet why Liam is using Booth to investigate Alex. Looks like that whole thing was planned way before she was admitted.
Old 10-05-15, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

Either all this plotting is too complicated for me to keep straight, or it is too stupid to make sense.
Old 10-05-15, 06:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whotony
Because nobles are all beautiful and handsome?
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...ce-charles.jpg
Old 10-05-15, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

She was Miss World

I'm Miss World. Somebody kill me. Watch me break and watch me burn.
Old 10-05-15, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow, thank you. I knew I recognized him from somewhere but I couldn't make the connection even though I just finished season 1 of the Flash a few weeks ago.
Old 10-05-15, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Either all this plotting is too complicated for me to keep straight, or it is too stupid to make sense.
Was thinking the same thing; I think part of it is I realize 90% of it is intentional misdirection so I don't really follow everything all that carefully

---

My money is on the blond. Also could be the "gay" guy - if it turns out he's not really gay(and I think Jadzia nailed this last week), then they wouldn't be crossing any PC lines.
Old 10-06-15, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I felt like I missed something with his storyline. I get that he is not on the agent track, but was he kicked out previous to the timeline in this show and came back?

Why are agents and analysts training together?
Old 10-06-15, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
Was thinking the same thing; I think part of it is I realize 90% of it is intentional misdirection so I don't really follow everything all that carefully
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I agree with both of you. I had recorded this episode and started watching it while doing something else and was totally lost by about halfway through, so I turned it off. I'm trying to decide whether I care enough to start it over or if I should just bail.
Old 10-06-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jadzia
was he kicked out previous to the timeline in this show and came back?
He was kicked out in episode 1 after pushing his interrogation too far and having his subject kill himself - so we did see it in the timeline of the show. He then got readmitted into the analyst track because his sister pulled some strings.

I'm loving this show so far - yes it's over the top and ridiculous but I'm digging the 24/homeland/grey's vibe...it's just fun. I'm sure most of it won't amount to anything but I like the cast and it's got a great pace so far.
Old 10-06-15, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mdc3000
He was kicked out in episode 1 after pushing his interrogation too far and having his subject kill himself - so we did see it in the timeline of the show. He then got readmitted into the analyst track because his sister pulled some strings.
Ah, ok, thanks, I must have missed that or forgot that. I don't remember much about his character in the pilot, but he seemed to have more screen time in this episode.
Old 10-06-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Ah, ok, thanks, I must have missed that or forgot that. I don't remember much about his character in the pilot, but he seemed to have more screen time in this episode.
The problem is that they are throwing so much at you with so many characters so quickly.

That character (I couldn't guess his name on threat of death) barely made an impression in the pilot and then he got kicked out, so when he returned it was just a "wait... what" situation.

It's almost like the producers are pacing the show for binge-watching not weekly viewing.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Why did they show the not-gay guy picking a pair of glasses and breaking them at the bridge when the glasses he wears are taped up on the temple?
Old 10-07-15, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I do get a Homeland vibe from this show in a dramatic, over-the-top network approach. The show is certainly slick and put-together quite well, ABC has spent some money on it. I just wonder if it will remain interesting after they keep revealing secret after secret so quickly. They've gone through enough reveals in two episodes for a quarter season.
Old 10-07-15, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

It's basically Homeland with Grey's tossed in and meh, I can't say I'm loving it. Nor am I really a fan of the raspy voice the main female has. I mean, that sounds petty, but it's really distracting.
Old 10-07-15, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I liked the second episode way better. I guess I'll stick with the show.

My new theory: each recruit (that the tv viewer meets) is a terrorist and each one is part of a different sleeper cell (but controlled by a single entity). Each sleeper cell member is unaware of the others' existence, and only instructed to do his/her task.

Alex Parrish is a threat to expose the sleeper cells, so she is setup as the patsy. All the other recruits (who the tv viewer doesn't meet) are just innocent recruits who are not terrorists.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 10-07-15 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-07-15, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

It would be a great trick if they built her up as the star only to reveal at the end she actually was the terrorist. I don't see ABC going that dark, it would offend their mostly female audience.
Old 10-09-15, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Pretty good 2nd episode. But, a lot of plot to digest. They were really playing up the conspiracy angle.
So let's see about these suspects:

Simon: Fake gay guy and wearing fake glasses.

Shelby: Apparently speaks a Middle Eastern language and received a mystery phone call. Earlier, erases that contact from her phone.

Nimah/Rayna: Mystery twins sent in by Miranda for some kind of experiment.

Vazquez: Not much about her other than some cut/injury under her ear.

I don't know. I have a feeling they are throwing a lot of Red Herrings right now. No one really sticks out like a sore thumb yet.

I don't quite get yet why Liam is using Booth to investigate Alex. Looks like that whole thing was planned way before she was admitted.
You're not kidding. Seems like everyone has an ulterior motive here. I am real curious as to what is going to happen between Liam and Miranda. They seem to have a history, and they both seem to be "running" undercovers in the trainee class. I wonder if they know about each other.
Also, I think Vazquez' cut is fake. Wasn't there a scene in the latest epsiode where it was peeling off? Of course we dont yet know the significance of the cut or lack thereof.
Old 10-12-15, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand so much of this show. My biggest question right now is why did Booth have to say that Parrish shot him? How is that possibly more helpful to her than saying it was someone else or that he didn't see who it was?

(Also why would you name an FBI agent Booth when there's another FBI agent named Booth on a long-running show on another network?)

Last edited by WallyOPD; 10-12-15 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-12-15, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I keep thinking this show would be better if they just told the story in order. Let us get to know the recruits and save the big terrorist explosion and chase for mid-season. It's almost as if they don't trust the audience to actually watch the storyline unfold so they have to blow their wad with everything that is coming right from the beginning.

I am finding the back and forth between the past and the present very jarring.
Old 10-12-15, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Especially since it seems like every week there's some reveal that is very Lostesque with the candidates. That shit is getting real old, real fast.
Old 10-12-15, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I still think most of the recruits are terrorists (or if not terrorists, they at least have knowledge of an upcoming terrorist attack). Maybe the blonde finances the ops under duress. What if her parents are still alive and being held captive somewhere?

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
I don't understand so much of this show. My biggest question right now is why did Booth have to say that Parrish shot him? How is that possibly more helpful to her than saying it was someone else or that he didn't see who it was?
Assuming he is not the mole, maybe he said Parrish shot him so he can stay close to the inestigation (and then secretly pass that info along to Parrish).

If he is the mole, continue to make her the patsy.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 10-12-15 at 11:41 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.