Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 9 Thread - Premieres 9/21/15

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts
Re: The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 9 Thread - Premieres 9/21/15

Perhaps Sheldon is actually gay, but his upbringing with a judgmental fundamentalist mother, coupled with the social awkwardness he already suffers from caused him to completely suppress his true homosexual desires. His assholish behavior is just him lashing out at others (in a passive-aggressive manner) as an expression of his own self-loathing. The reason he is able to find simpatico moments with Penny is because he finds himself in rare unguarded identification with the pure femininity that she represents.
Old 09-26-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Penny likes sex way too much to ever be in a romantic relationship with Sheldon.
Old 09-26-15, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,272 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Penny likes sex way too much to ever be in a romantic relationship with Sheldon.
Since Penny's character changed so much in a season perhaps by the end of this season Sheldon will be with Penny and will have quit his job and gone with the much more profitable job of street pimp.
Old 09-26-15, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
I think her character at the beginning of the series was the more wild type who sought out sex but I think she's moved beyond being all about that in terms of her relationships. Granted I don't know that she'd handle being with Sheldon if he never wanted her sexually but I think it would have been more likely to happen with her sooner.

Amy is closer to his style and while she wants sex isn't always as direct about it until recently so that's held off things from happening there.
Old 09-26-15, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike86
I think her character at the beginning of the series was the more wild type who sought out sex but I think she's moved beyond being all about that in terms of her relationships.
She seemed to like casual sex more at the start of the series, but she still seems to have a fairly high libido and is frequently indulging it with a grateful Leonard.

Granted I don't know that she'd handle being with Sheldon if he never wanted her sexually but I think it would have been more likely to happen with her sooner. Amy is closer to his style and while she wants sex isn't always as direct about it until recently so that's held off things from happening there.
Amy seems to be really, really, really sick of not getting sex. Sheldon implied that he could sleep with Amy at some point, but he pretty clearly knows she wants some and is unwilling to give it. Amy pretty obviously wants it and is sick of not getting any, or any affection of any kind.
Old 09-29-15, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think that opening scene gave the shippers a heart attack .
Old 09-29-15, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I think that opening scene gave the shippers a heart attack .
I don't know what this means, but I think it was the best episode in a long time.
Old 09-29-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad to see that Penny/Leonard thing get resolved, thought their moment at the end was sweet too. Some of Sheldon's flag stuff was funny, but I hope we don't see him being a douche to Amy for much longer.

The Raj stuff was pretty bad. Felt like they didn't know what to do with him so they retreated back to the same old gay jokes with him and Howard.
Old 09-29-15, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Time for a new roommate for Sheldon right? I vote for the comic book owner dude.. Could be good for some laughs..
Old 09-29-15, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always figured that Sheldon, out of some form of guilt based on his upbringing, was saving himself for marriage. Will never admit it, but that is what he is doing.
Old 09-29-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The Raj stuff was pretty bad. Felt like they didn't know what to do with him so they retreated back to the same old gay jokes with him and Howard.
Yup. They might as well write him off the show at this point. They keep trying to find him a fourth female to complete the cast, but for some reason, they never stick.

If they were going to head in this direction with the rest paired off they should have given more thought to the future of his character. I would have much happier if they married off Raj and wrote off Howard.
Old 09-29-15, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Time for a new roommate for Sheldon right? I vote for the comic book owner dude.. Could be good for some laughs..
Meh. The less Stuart the better in my opinion. I'm pretty tired of that character and have always found him more pathetic than funny.
Old 09-29-15, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

This use to be one of my favorites on TV; but this show has really gone downhill and has pretty much nothing to do with the roots that made it what it was. This might as well be your average non-funny comedy show now. They might as well end this show, I doubt I'll keep watching for a couple more seasons if it sticks to this stuff.
Old 09-29-15, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Meh. The less Stuart the better in my opinion. I'm pretty tired of that character and have always found him more pathetic than funny.
Ditto! Even Raj would be a better option. That episode where they tried to share an office was pretty good.
Old 09-29-15, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i know what you a re saying, but I just think that could be a good mix for some laughs..

raj is just lazy writing..

time to move this show to another level...

mix up the storylines for crying out loud
Old 09-29-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Yup. They might as well write him off the show at this point. They keep trying to find him a fourth female to complete the cast, but for some reason, they never stick.
Is Emily out of the picture? If they said something in the last two episodes, I missed it. I know he WANTED to break up with her, but the last we saw of them, he was kissing her.
Old 09-29-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What happened to Emily? She and Raj were a cliffhanger last year, are we just forgetting they exist now?
Old 09-29-15, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah I don't get what this show's problem is with keeping a girlfriend for Raj. They've set him up a couple of times and whoever he's involved with eventually gets dropped. I thought Emily seemed like she might stick around but now no mention of her. I wonder if she'll show up later in the season or if she's just going to be written off.
Old 09-29-15, 02:04 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

IMDB lists her as being in episode 4.
Old 09-29-15, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
IMDB lists her as being in episode 4.
Spoiler!
Old 09-29-15, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
i think that opening scene gave the shippers a heart attack .
huh??????
Old 09-29-15, 05:27 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm so sick of all these relationship story plots. They need to go back to its root, 4 geeks trying to navigate through life and not fully understanding how it works. I thought their best episodes are where they introduced the latest technology or gadget and then develop a story from there around these 4 geeks. All the female part should be supporting plot. I really don't give a damn about how Penny is jealous of Mandy, Amy broke up with Sheldon but really want to get back, or Emily shows up once in a while when they run out of things to do with A plot.
Old 09-29-15, 05:31 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
huh??????
Shipper
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shipper

never have i ever heard or seen that term used until today but apparently it's been around awhile.
Old 09-29-15, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,272 Likes on 730 Posts

No plot advances in next weeks episode - sorry.
Old 09-29-15, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperJim88
I'm so sick of all these relationship story plots. They need to go back to its root, 4 geeks trying to navigate through life and not fully understanding how it works.
I agree. The show has gotten way too relationshippy.

I'm going to assume Raj and Emily will breakup at some point. I think it's best if Raj were with someone less hot. It's really stretching plausibility pairing Leonard with Penny and Howard with Bernadette as it is... hooking up Raj and Emily is just too much.

I'm wondering if Penny will be moving into Leonards/Sheldons apartment. The main setting for the show is that apartment and separating Leonard and Sheldon even across the hallway ruins the dynamics - especially with Leonard's frustration of having to live with Sheldon. They can use the excuse of Sheldon refusing to move as he hates change, plus their apartment is bigger.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.