TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

True Detective (S2E06) -- "Church in Ruins" -- 7/26/15

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-15, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: True Detective (S2E06) -- "Church in Ruins" -- 7/26/15

Originally Posted by lukewarmwater
I feel like when the killer or mastermind behind all of this is revealed everyone whose watching will be shocked, not because of who that person is, but because well have no idea who that person is or what they actually did.
I'm betting on
Spoiler:
McCandless.
Not because of anything we've seen on the series, but because the actor playing him is
Spoiler:
Jon Lindstrom, who played a psychopathic twin for 10 years on GENERAL HOSPITAL.
We'll see.

If we learned anything from Season 1, it's that any clues we thought we saw along the way really have NOTHING to do with the resolution.
Old 07-28-15, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
They probably don't have cameras for the guests' discretion. Instrad, the guards had some heavy duty guns.
Yeah. Guns that they didn't bother to start using until everyone as basically safe in the getaway car.

I was hoping McAdams would be forced into some crazy lesbian sex shit and end up hooked on heroin.

BTW, the red-headed kid's father is clearly Carrot Top.
Old 07-28-15, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
The two dudes talking about their entire fucking plan with Taylor Kitsch standing there was a bit much.
Yea, they really took a page out of the TV cop show playbook there. It was so forced and look - in the first place he looks he's got the contracts available right there to take.

The episode started off ok, then the it got dumb. You figure an infiltrating an orgy and the escape afterwards would've been more interesting than that.
Old 07-30-15, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

http://deadline.com/2015/07/true-det...bo-1201488104/

HBO's President says he's happy with season 2.

He also says a 3rd season will be up to Pizzolatto.
Old 07-31-15, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,193 Likes on 4,220 Posts

Man, I've tried not to climb on the hate wagon. I have really enjoyed Colin Farrel's work on the show. I really liked the opening scene at Frank's house. Besides that, there's nothing I'm enjoying or interested in. This season has been SO slow and SO boring. I really wish there was some story angle that could keep me hooked, but I don't see one. Tracking down Frank's money and who killed Weekend At Bernie's guy is not a compelling hook to me. I watched the most recent two episodes the past two days and while I sort of got back into the swing of things after the time jump, this episode just dragged and felt so unrealistic. And to make an orgy scene more boring and less believable than Eyes Wide Shut? I didn't really think that was possible on a channel that permits the showing of nudity.

If there is a third season, I hope they take some time and bring in a few writers. Nic needs a sounding board, somebody to tell him that his story isn't interesting and his dialog is stilted. Maybe go back to the single director as well if they can find someone willing to take on the massive project.

What a disappointing season. I'll watch to the end since I've come this far, but man this is not what I was expecting. I hope Fargo S2 doesn't let me down.
Old 07-31-15, 10:00 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/st...60.shtml?wap=0

Damned crows!