Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Killjoys (SyFy) -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-16, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: Killjoys (SyFy) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 7/1/16

Killjoys is fun, but Dark Matter is the far better of SyFy's new shows. Both pretty good considering SyFy was putting out mediocre-pure crap for quite a while.
Old 09-02-16, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Glad Killjoys got renewed. Foolishly failing to properly finish off Delle will surely bite the team in the butt later.

Last edited by randian; 09-04-16 at 01:23 AM. Reason: fix phrasing
Old 09-03-16, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Sucks that Pawter is (presumably) dead. She was hot.

I wonder if Stephanie Leonidas (bionic arm girl) is going to be a regular next season.
Old 09-04-16, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

That looks like a possibility considering they killed off several major supporting characters in season two. It did look like they blew season's two budget on the finale. There were significant VFX moments and even an extended battle in space.

I vaguely enjoyed season two but that finale was a little too much plot development at once. They basically rebooted the show once again. I also didn't think the Jacobi brothers had the same amount of chemistry in season two, mostly thanks to writing that kept them separated a lot of the time.
Old 09-04-16, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
That looks like a possibility considering they killed off several major supporting characters in season two. It did look like they blew season's two budget on the finale. There were significant VFX moments and even an extended battle in space.

I vaguely enjoyed season two but that finale was a little too much plot development at once. They basically rebooted the show once again. I also didn't think the Jacobi brothers had the same amount of chemistry in season two, mostly thanks to writing that kept them separated a lot of the time.
There was a lot is exposition for a season finale but I didn't mind it. They could have used this as a series finale if needed so I think that's why they did it. Answers a lot of questions for the fans.

Agree about the brothers. Their story lives were pretty separated for most of the season. Not as bad as 12 Monkeys with Cole and Cassie.
Old 06-30-17, 07:16 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Re: Killjoys (SyFy) -- Series Discussion Thread

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f2jIZ8nXXgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After sustaining serious personal losses, our trio of interplanetary bounty hunters must come together and prepare themselves for what lies ahead. Tension and tragedy loom over the J Star System as they struggle to assemble an army and prepare for battle.

The adventures of Dutch and the gang continue June 30 on SYFY.
Season 3 starts June 30th.
Old 07-14-17, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Watched the premiere and enjoyed it as usual. Quite a bit of humor and there was a lot more swearing than i remember on network tv. I was glad to see Dutch and Jonny in contact instead of doing a "where did jonny go? did he leave us?" angle.

still need to catch up on Dark Matter too.
Old 07-27-17, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Wow, Killjoys has been on now for over 1 month and this is dead thread.

I still haven't finished season 2 yet as it's not carried by any legal streaming provider.

I guess this along with Dark Matter are shows that most here rarely feel compelled to talk about. The Expanse and Magicians seem to get a little more talk.
Old 07-27-17, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Eric F
Killjoys is fun, but Dark Matter is the far better of SyFy's new shows. Both pretty good considering SyFy was putting out mediocre-pure crap for quite a while.

You just contradicted yourself in the Dark Matter season 3 thread:

While I like Dark Matter, it's been so long since last season I have a hard time following what's going on.

Of the two, Killjoys is still my favorite.

Old 07-27-17, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
You just contradicted yourself in the Dark Matter season 3 thread:

I don't think it's a contradiction (maybe because I agree with him). I like both shows. Dark Matter has better production value, better actors and a more complex narrative. It's superior to Killjoys in all respects but I enjoy Killjoys more. It's a fun straightforward lighter sci fi shows. This show works best with the three main characters together. It's taken a few episodes but they are finally Team Awesome Force again.
Old 07-28-17, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow, Killjoys has been on now for over 1 month and this is dead thread.

I still haven't finished season 2 yet as it's not carried by any legal streaming provider.

I guess this along with Dark Matter are shows that most here rarely feel compelled to talk about. The Expanse and Magicians seem to get a little more talk.
I'm still watching but I really haven't liked the cast changes for season 3 of Killjoys. They removed the entertaining supporting characters and replaced them with cheaper actors that shouldn't be permanent cast additions.

The show has continued its downward slide in quality from an entertaining first season.

I have a strong feeling that Syfy doesn't renew Killjoys past this third season. A shame because the core cast is strong, but this is a show where the writers led it down the wrong path.
Old 07-30-17, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Killjoys-wise the Hullen build-up makes them feel unstoppable except for that handy genetic bomb. The expansion of the scope, beyond the 4 worlds (of the J? Is the J just those 4 in the credits? Off to check a wiki ... ), doesn't feel as organic as the narrative in Dark Matter.

For us, the latter (Dark Matter) still better than Killjoys (dick jokes? really?) but then it is Science Fiction vs. Space Opera.
Old 08-13-17, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Dutch is Aneela's clone?
Old 08-13-17, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by randian
Dutch is Aneela's clone?
I wasn't paying close attention but that seemed to be the gist of what the episode suggested. The editing in the episode wasn't dynamite with all the convoluted flashbacks.
Old 08-13-17, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by randian
Dutch is Aneela's clone?
Or daughter? Sounded like she combined her DNA and Khylen's (sp) in the green and whipped up her younger self.
Old 08-13-17, 04:14 PM

Btw, odd that Dark Matter swung back around to an alien parasite plotline as well ...
Old 08-13-17, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Or daughter? Sounded like she combined her DNA and Khylen's (sp) in the green and whipped up her younger self.
Definitely not daughter. She seems to have unique control of the green. She harvested the green from herself and created Dutch from scratch from a memory.
Old 08-14-17, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They shouldn't have tried ripping off Orphan Black. I don't think the actress is pulling off the dual roles very well. She's fine as Dutch.
Old 09-03-17, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...0170901syfy01/

For those who missed the news on Friday, this was renewed for 2 more seasons (20 episodes)

The 5th season will be the final season.

Dark Matter, it's Friday counterpart, got cancelled.

Apparently SyFy has a bigger financial stake in Killjoys than Dark Matter and it came down to one or the other to keep.
Old 07-20-18, 07:32 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UYBfwQivkvQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KILLJOYS "The Warrior Princess Bride" -10/9c *SEASON 4 PREMIERE*

On the run from the Lady while inside the mysterious greenspace, Khlyen weaves a tale to give a wounded Dutch strength: a look back at one of the most important moments in Dutch and Johnny's lives - their first Warrant and the mission that started it all...
Old 07-28-18, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Having been with this show since the beginning, two episodes in on season four and I am about to quit watching.

I really dislike most of the newer cast members they've added the past two seasons.
Old 07-28-18, 10:07 PM
Banned

Who was the guy who played The Rack agent in the first episode flashback? Was he on any of the earlier episodes? He was great.
Old 09-23-18, 04:56 PM
Banned

Well the season ended and I don't really know what to think. I suppose they can take the show anywhere after what happened.

Should have been a series finale, would have made the whole thing more interesting. I'm beginning to lose interest.
Old 09-23-18, 07:38 PM

Who was the guy who played The Rack agent in the first episode flashback? Was he on any of the earlier episodes? He was great.
Yes. That's the guy who trained a lot of the Killjoys and was especially close to Dutch. All the Killjoys loved him but he stole the generic bomb, had a kill warrant taken out on him and was killed by Fancy (because some one had to and he's already the asshole.)

Well the season ended and I don't really know what to think. I suppose they can take the show anywhere after what happened.

Should have been a series finale, would have made the whole thing more interesting. I'm beginning to lose interest.
That would be one of the darkest series finales ever. After all the heroes' struggles the Lady wins? For me this season never really caught steam. The downside of the writers knowing they have two season to wrap things up means there was no sense of urgency. The storylines just dragged along. At least Potter was back for awhile.
Old 09-23-18, 11:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kdogg
That would be one of the darkest series finales ever. After all the heroes' struggles the Lady wins?
Yup, but it sure as hell would have made a lot of buzz. Some of the best sci-fi ends on a down note.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.