Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 17--Premieres 6/24/2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-15, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Big Brother 17--Premieres 6/24/2015

The dentist is definitely freaky. Contrary to my post above about how I didn't mind the guests this year, I feel like the second series of guests are MUCH weirder. Certainly added the crazy to the house.

I don't mind the BBTakeovers, but I have a feeling it's going to be a season of CBS cross-promotions with those. Probst will show up and have a Survivor week, etc. If I had to guess, I'd say he hides a Hidden Immunity Idol in the house. In some ways I like it, in others...not sure.

The women's alliance already looks like it may be falling apart. I am surprised the Amazing Racer's didn't get put up though. That seems like a super easy pawn situation to me. They expect to go up, you say you put them up because they had an experience like this already and no one holds it against you. But no, instead, they put up the girl who will OBVIOUSLY hold it against them. Not too smart, methinks...
Old 06-29-15, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I think that Jeff Probst will show up and give an evicted house guest a "second chance" to go back into the house.
Old 06-30-15, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dentist reminds me of Joel McHale...on crack
Old 06-30-15, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Wrestling fans heard of Austin a few months ago. He never hit it big in the business but gained notice when he was a whistleblower on alleged bullying by a coach in the WWE's training facility.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...n+judas+demott
Old 07-02-15, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

From the feeds this week, it's shaping up to be a great season. Lots of very strong players. There has already been plenty of drama, crying, backstabbing, arguments, house meetings, games being blown up, and about 50 alliances that have formed and then broken. And the first eviction hasn't happened yet!

The houseguests have talked about having no idea how the producers will edit everything that has happened since Veto into a one-hour show. They even mentioned that DR told them the same thing.
Old 07-02-15, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

It's impossible to tell what the hell is going on by watching After Dark.
Old 07-06-15, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's interesting to see how reality shows are changing. Shows like Big Brother have been around so long that everyone goes into the show scheming and strategizing from day one. But it's hurting their game. Why in the world Audrey and D would each be playing so hard in week two is beyond me. There's no way either one will last at this point. It's seriously clouding their judgment.

Instead, for the first two weeks, we have in-depth plans to backdoor other characters--which is something that usually happens far into the game. But players have figured out that's the best way to eliminate a player anymore; the one rule loophole that prevents someone from being able to fight their way to victory.

And anyone else reminded of Bobcat Goldthwait everytime the dentist has a diary room session?
Old 07-06-15, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's funny that after seeing the girls picked off last year, the women decided to form an alliance on day 1, but now they are already scheming to get rid of the other females.
Old 07-06-15, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
And anyone else reminded of Bobcat Goldthwait everytime the dentist has a diary room session?
Why is he always yelling?
Old 07-06-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I think it's funny that after seeing the girls picked off last year, the women decided to form an alliance on day 1, but now they are already scheming to get rid of the other females.
The women can never get it done. They never can stick to a strong alliance. It's amazing how quickly it crumbles. Meow.
Old 07-06-15, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I finally caught up on the first five episodes yesterday. I would have rather seen Blair and Hayley from the Amazing Race. I barely remember Jeff and Jackie, and I generally pay attention.

It's interesting to see how reality shows are changing. Shows like Big Brother have been around so long that everyone goes into the show scheming and strategizing from day one. But it's hurting their game. Why in the world Audrey and D would each be playing so hard in week two is beyond me. There's no way either one will last at this point. It's seriously clouding their judgment.

Instead, for the first two weeks, we have in-depth plans to backdoor other characters--which is something that usually happens far into the game. But players have figured out that's the best way to eliminate a player anymore; the one rule loophole that prevents someone from being able to fight their way to victory.

The first few weeks of Big Brother are like the Cornucopia in the Hunger Games. Sure you can come out of them, but even then you'll probably be all bloody. It's better to lay low for the first few weeks before you start really playing. Of course with Battle of the Block the people who try to lay low now get nominated every week b/c they are seen as no risk nominees. I think that's the game the dentist wants to play, but he keeps getting nominated.
Old 07-06-15, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I would have rather seen Blair and Hayley from the Amazing Race. I barely remember Jeff and Jackie, and I generally pay attention.
I wonder if they asked other couples and they declined, because Jeff and Jackie would've been my last or near last pick.

As far as the over scheming, I guess it makes things interesting. Things get boring when there's a clear cut power alliance and they just mow everybody down.
Old 07-06-15, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I finally caught up on the first five episodes yesterday. I would have rather seen Blair and Hayley from the Amazing Race. I barely remember Jeff and Jackie, and I generally pay attention.
When Phil first came on and said he was bringing in a team from last season, I was SURE it would be Blair and Hayley. They were the most memorable and the most contentious. Alas, it's Jeff and Jackie, who got along great.

I'd bet on the fact that they asked Blair and Hayley, but that Blair declined.
Old 07-06-15, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher
I wonder if they asked other couples and they declined, because Jeff and Jackie would've been my last or near last pick.

As far as the over scheming, I guess it makes things interesting. Things get boring when there's a clear cut power alliance and they just mow everybody down.
I think for them to not be instant targets you would probably have to pick a blind date pair. Jeff and Jackie were the least memorable blind date team, but you're right they were probably the only ones that said yes. I don't know him, but this show doesn't really seem to be Blair's sort of thing. Jeff and Hayley live in the same metro area so they've gotten to know each other really well. A few days he actually said on the feeds that while Jackie is great he would rather have had Hayley there.

I think it's just so boring in the house that to not overplay you have to either be really disciplined or completely not know what your doing.

Look at what Daniele Donato did a few years ago. She knew the game, and she had a free ride to the jury phase, but she screwed her whole game up entirely b/c she got bored. In her defense, she did end up marrying the guy she screwed her game up for.
Old 07-06-15, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd bet on the fact that they asked Blair and Hayley, but that Blair declined.
Who didn't want to see Blair vote Hayley out, although it probably would have ended up the other way.
Old 07-06-15, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Hayley would have been the first one evicted.

Imagine being locked up in a house with her 24/7.
Old 07-17-15, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jeff pretty much talked himself right out of the house tonight.

Not sure what to think about Austin. While I can see him feeling jilted by Liz, he seems like he could be the kind of guy to completely turn on her if he thinks she's not reciprocating his feelings. Creepy.
Old 07-17-15, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like Liz and Julia a lot, although I have no idea which is which even when they're together. The feeders seem to like Julia a lot more, but I'm guessing after tonight that it might be because they think Liz comes off "slutty."

I'm not minding this season so far. I think that I prefer the show with less crazies (at least it seems like that so far) than more, but it definitely might make the show less entertaining for the masses.

Jeff was horrible. I couldn't bear to even listen to him speak tonight...he literally had no game at all.

Jason is probably the person that I like the least, but the feeders seem to love him.

I'm also trying to only pay attention the edit and very little at jokers this season and I'm trying to just let go when it comes to the producers shenanigans.
Old 07-24-15, 01:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There's no way Audrey is not somehow coming back in the house! The past evicted house guests all had spoilers directly from Julie and tonight Audrey got nothing..

The producers have WAY more stuff to milk out of the whole transgendered thing to be done with Audrey.

If i remember correctly a few seasons had some sort of voting to see which evicted house guest gets to come back inside the house..
Old 07-24-15, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is that the first time they have given a "penalty vote" for eating regular food?
Old 07-24-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Is that the first time they have given a "penalty vote" for eating regular food?
Jen Johnson got one in BB8.
Old 07-24-15, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
There's no way Audrey is not somehow coming back in the house! The past evicted house guests all had spoilers directly from Julie and tonight Audrey got nothing..

The producers have WAY more stuff to milk out of the whole transgendered thing to be done with Audrey.

If i remember correctly a few seasons had some sort of voting to see which evicted house guest gets to come back inside the house..
Oh great. You might be right since they didn't mention the twins.

I was hoping we were finally done with all this drama.
Old 07-24-15, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Audrey was interviewed on EW Radio this morning. Pretty sure she's not going back in. She does want to Amazing Race with Shelli or go on Survivor though.
Old 07-24-15, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyes8604

Keep in mind they have an extra spot that's reserved for the other twin if they get through the next eviction. However, if the twin is thrown out before that time, there would be a place for a returnee.
Old 07-24-15, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by buckeyes8604

Julie didn't talk as much with Audrey because they needed room in the show for her talk with Britney.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.