Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural (S10E23) -- Season Finale -- "Brother's Keeper" -- 5/20/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Supernatural (S10E23) -- Season Finale -- "Brother's Keeper" -- 5/20/15

"Brother's Keeper" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

SUPERNATURAL SEASON FINALE - Dean (Jensen Ackles) makes a shocking decision regarding the Mark of Cain that would change not only his life, but Sam's (Jared Padaleck) too. Meanwhile, Crowley (Mark Sheppard) and Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) face off and Castiel (Misha Collins) gets caught in the middle. Phil Sgriccia directed this episode written by Jeremy Carver (#1022). Original airdate 5/20/2015.

Will return for an 11th season this Fall. The show that will never end.
Old 05-20-15, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: Supernatural (S10E23) -- Season Finale -- "Brother's Keeper" -- 5/20/15

11 years.... that's insane.
Old 05-20-15, 04:08 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Spoiler:
DEATH!!!
is in this! Can't wait!
Old 05-20-15, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still watching!

Not sure why.
Old 05-21-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Dean at least got rid of Cain's mark.
Old 05-21-15, 04:33 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

so, basically the same finale as the Flash.
Old 05-21-15, 06:48 PM

So next year we have Rowena and 'The Darkness' as the antagonists - doesn't really fill me with excitement. Just feels to me that we've seen it all before at this stage.
Old 05-21-15, 06:52 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stenix
So next year we have Rowena and 'The Darkness' as the antagonists - doesn't really fill me with excitement. Just feels to me that we've seen it all before at this stage.
I'm just tired of them pitting the brothers against each other. I don't care who the bad guys are at this point, I'd just like the Winchesters to be on the same page for once.

I'd also like them to maybe do a season where they are going up against Greek and Norse Gods...
Old 05-21-15, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

This is the first time I've been able to watch week to week thanks to Hulu. Good lord what a ride, and damn the future looks bleak.
Old 05-21-15, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Was hoping Rowena would be dead but that didn't happen. I'm interested in the darkness storyline though. Overall an ok finale to a kind of crappy season.
Old 05-21-15, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by candyrocket786
11 years.... that's insane.
Pretty damned impressive.
Old 05-21-15, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think I will regularly follow the show next season. They've told just about every story they could tell with Sam and Dean. I'll probably skim the postings here to find out the better episodes and selectively watch.
Old 05-22-15, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just finished it, after watching the last 3 eps today.

What a disappointing end to a disappointing season. So much crap.

First, going back a couple of episodes, with Charlie's death, Sam says Cas can't leave Rowena alone to go look for Charlie.....except Rowena's been locked in that place, alone, for days, before he brought Cas and Charlie in to help. Also, the fact that Charlie ran away was totally unnatural and forced, like the writers were desperate to separate them so she could be killed and couldn't think of a better reason.

OK, so now we learn, completely out of nowhere, that The Mark can't be removed or it will unleash the Darkness ... except, the mark was removed in an earlier episode when Dean was youngified and I don't recall the world ending.

OK, fine, the Mark's gotta stay, but at least Death can take Dean away, the only problem is they have to kill Sam because we all know Sam would never stop trying to "cure" Dean ... The very same Sam who didn't do JACK to get his brother out of purgatory and instead decided to just move on with his life.

Alright, whatever, but shocker of all shockers, Dean has a last minute change of heart and doesn't kill the show, I mean, Sam. Instead he kills death...why, who the hell knows or cares at this point, mostly because killing off popular recurring characters is all this show has left.

But the good news is that the Mark is finally off! That thing that they spend all season whining about even though it mostly just made Dean even more of a badass for all but the last couple of episodes. But no time to relish in that overwhelming joy and relief you aren't feeling as a viewer due to the triumphant end of a major season arc because it's time to introduce a new baddy for next season, more black smoke.

Oh and Rowena can now free herself and control Cas because reasons and instead of killing Crowley pulls the classic Bond villain/idiot move.

Last edited by wmansir; 05-22-15 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-22-15, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by stenix
Just feels to me that we've seen it all before at this stage.
Agreed.

Though I did find this season to have some really strong episodes it feels the show has become too much lather/rinse/repeat in its storytelling.
Old 05-22-15, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Finale was good - I agree with a lot that's been said here but again, there is no reason at all for this show to have 23 episodes per season. They go so far off track from episode to episode (in one episode the end of the word is being threatned and the next episode shows every one calm and waiting to work just another case???).

Death is not "dead" - he just left and he's definitely going to get some revenge next season.

I also don't thing charlie is dead either, I think she made a pact with Rowena that will bring her back - trust me, as much as I don't want Felicia Day coming back...I don't think I could get that lucky.

It did dawn on me though that the reason why I keep coming back for more is because of the few solid episodes we get per season, sure they're few and far between but they are worth it.
Old 05-22-15, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't think I will regularly follow the show next season. They've told just about every story they could tell with Sam and Dean. I'll probably skim the postings here to find out the better episodes and selectively watch.
We will miss you .
Old 05-23-15, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There is just too much good television being made these days, it's hard to keep up.
Old 05-23-15, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If Death is still alive and back next season, he's going to be really, really, really mad.
Old 05-24-15, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So next season they have this Darkness to deal with for removing the mark without putting it on someone else AND there's still the price from using the book right?

I hope Death comes back I can't believe Dean killed Death. You think he'd be a omniscient being. If not I can't believe he'd let Dean screw him again.

Last edited by Manco; 05-24-15 at 03:25 AM.
Old 05-24-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if killing Death was a way to resurrect some of the dead characters? There has to be repercussions to killing the avatar of Death.
Old 05-25-15, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd assume that another reaper will have to take his place. Death was pretty adamant about killing Sam to he could send Dean away, which was weird, as he didn't seem to be making much of a fuss for the last year that Dean had the Mark. Or Cain, for that matter. Apparently Crowley was telling the truth and sycthe really can hurt him. That was weird though, how did Death not know that there was a spell powerful enough to get it off? The whole thing with a as rushing Crowley is kind of pointless, hopefully they won't drag that out. I'm sure they'll cast some sort of physical personification of Darkness for next season. I'm curious if they'll ever bring Michael and Lucifer back into the plot. The Archangels are probably the only ones who know anything about he Darkness, especially now that Death is gone. How does he know about things which predate creation? This is basically exactly the same ending as when he revealed the Leviathans a few seasons ago. Though with him gone and Darkness spreading, various demons escaping hell and zombies rising up would make cool plot points for next season. I wonder if this'll make it to season 12? It's pretty amazing that it's still kicking.

It's kind of funny to watch early episodes of this show, a simple episodic show about two brothers who hunt urban legends. It now has a complicated and intricate mythology.