Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Second Chance (S31)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-15, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Survivor: Second Chance (S31)

Is it safe to go vote or is there people still active in this season on there that would get spoiled for me?
Old 05-09-15, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A great idea, though the castaways to pick from are a little underwhelming, especially on the women's side. Still glad to see older seasons represented.

Looking forward to Joe getting another shot.
Old 05-09-15, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Is it safe to go vote or is there people still active in this season on there that would get spoiled for me?
There are people still active in the season on the voting list. Jeff swears that isn't a spoiler ... but I don't know if I believe him (like the show would admit to screwing up that badly with a spoiler).
Old 05-09-15, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyes8604
A great idea, though the castaways to pick from are a little underwhelming, especially on the women's side. Still glad to see older seasons represented.

Looking forward to Joe getting another shot.
I think the women are going to destroy the men. Alot of of meatheads and morons on the guy side.
Old 05-09-15, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sven
I think the women are going to destroy the men. Alot of of meatheads and morons on the guy side.
It seems like an even mix for both sexes: eye candy, big reality tv "personalities", and smart strategic players. Of the ones I clearly remember, Stephen and Spencer played smart. Jim didn't last long, but he strikes me as a potentially savvy player. Terry was pretty good too, wasn't he? Wasn't he the one who got screwed by a final challenge in which it was virtually impossible for a 200 lb man to beat a 100 lb woman? And I can see Woo and Joe making some adjustments to have a smarter strategic game to go with their physical strengths.
Old 05-09-15, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
And I can see Woo and Joe making some adjustments to have a smarter strategic game to go with their physical strengths.
Remember that Woo made the brilliant choice of bringing Tony to final tribal instead of Kass....

Last edited by leeta; 05-09-15 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-09-15, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by leeta
Remember that Woo made the brilliant choice of bring Tony to final tribal instead of Kass....
Well, that's one of those adjustments I was talking about
Old 05-10-15, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

I havent watched Survivor regularly in years, but hope Kelly (s1) and Jeff and Kim (s2) make the cut. It would interesting to see them on the show again all these years later.
Old 05-10-15, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a doozy of a twist, throw Probst & Race's Phil into the mix.
Old 05-15-15, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Rob C's exit poll data....

Spoiler:
Top 10 men in no order: Terry, Vytas, Spencer, Mike, Jeremy, Stephen, Shane, Joe, Varner, and Jim

The 6 on the outside Keith, Troyzan, Max, Culpepper, Woo, and Savage

Top 9 women in no order: Pieh-Gee, Wiglesworth, Ciera, T-Bird, Abi Maria, Wentworth, Shirin, Kass, and Tasha

Bottom 7: Monica, Sabrina, Stephanie, Carolyn, Kimmi, Mikayla, and Natalie
Old 05-15-15, 01:38 PM

I want to see past cast members of Big Brother, Amazing Race and Survivor switch shows.
Old 05-15-15, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

The best thing would be if they could do a season of Survivor with the people from MTV's The Challenge. That would be incredible. Never gonna happen though.
Old 05-15-15, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TerryW
I want to see past cast members of Big Brother, Amazing Race and Survivor switch shows.

Back before Big Brother casting became a complete joke I thought there was many players that would have done quite well on Survivor. I think the issue is those players know it's far better to live in that "house" than deal with the elements and it will never happen.

There are also many people that didn't do well on Survivor that I think would have done better on Big Brother given the relative ease of living in the house and their version of a challenge.

Makes a person wonder why people that are obviously are more suited for one or the other pick the wrong show.
Old 05-15-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Back before Big Brother casting became a complete joke I thought there was many players that would have done quite well on Survivor. I think the issue is those players know it's far better to live in that "house" than deal with the elements and it will never happen.

There are also many people that didn't do well on Survivor that I think would have done better on Big Brother given the relative ease of living in the house and their version of a challenge.

Makes a person wonder why people that are obviously are more suited for one or the other pick the wrong show.
I think CBS is the one who assigns them to shows. I recall that someone on Big Brother (Ian Terry?) had tried out for Survivor, but was put on Big Brother.
Old 05-15-15, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Ian would suck on Survivor but having borderline asbergers actually helps for Big Brother because a lot of their challenges are reliant on obsessively remembering weird facts/statisctics from earlier in the season.
Old 05-15-15, 05:07 PM

Monica Padilla ‏@MonicaPadilla7
Reason # 7 #Vote4Monica I'm kinda hot & spicy #Top10Reasons2Vote4Monica #Survivor http://bit.ly/Vote4Monica #Latina

Kind of sad after she posted that on her twitter if she doesn't make the cast now
Old 05-15-15, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think CBS is the one who assigns them to shows. I recall that someone on Big Brother (Ian Terry?) had tried out for Survivor, but was put on Big Brother.
Has to be a little of both. I can't imagine everybody puts in application for any show rather than specifically one or the other.

But yeah, I've read a few people have agreed to go on BB after not making the Survivor cut.
Old 05-15-15, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Rob Cesternino originally tried out for Big Brother but they put him on Survivor instead. According to Rob, Mark Burnett actually hated Big Brother at the time so he didn't want Rob on Survivor in the first place. He must not care as much anymore or is less involved since they let Hayden Moss from BB come on.

I know Robyn Kass does the casting for BB, but I'm not sure if she has anything to do with Survivor casting. Maybe the casting people help each other out and share some of the applicants?
Old 05-16-15, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZJEl2HDP054" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-18-15, 12:47 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K8aHoTN6tSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

An even better appeal for votes
Old 05-18-15, 02:47 PM
Cool New Member

Bringing back some of the favorites. It's gonna be good.
Old 05-18-15, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
Ian would suck on Survivor but having borderline asbergers actually helps for Big Brother because a lot of their challenges are reliant on obsessively remembering weird facts/statisctics from earlier in the season.
And the irony for poor Ian was that he wasn't even great at that. They set up that final four veto competition pretty much exclusively for him to win, and then Danielle beat him. Ian only got to stay at that point b/c Dan was good and Danielle was blinded by her admiration for Dan.
Old 05-18-15, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mwbmis
And the irony for poor Ian was that he wasn't even great at that. They set up that final four veto competition pretty much exclusively for him to win, and then Danielle beat him. Ian only got to stay at that point b/c Dan was good and Danielle was blinded by her admiration for Dan.
Yeah, I wonder if that wasn't a case of the Diary Room pushing Dan to evict Shane. (That was his name, wasn't it?) though I could easily see Dan wanting a physical threat out, and also because of his connection to Danielle.
Old 05-18-15, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
Caveat Emptor

she looks like this now

Her head always looked too small for her body, so she's going to look even odder when she's ripped.
Old 05-18-15, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Her head always looked too small for her body, so she's going to look even odder when she's ripped.
Plus, she hooked up with Russell. Yuck.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.