Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Louie (FX) - Season 5 Discussion Thread - Premieres 4/9/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Louie (FX) - Season 5 Discussion Thread - Premieres 4/9/15

I cant stop laughing at the end with Bart. One thing Im not enjoying is the Pamela character. She is really starting to get on my nerves. I wish they would just kill her off.
Old 04-19-15, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadman31
I cant stop laughing at the end with Bart. One thing Im not enjoying is the Pamela character. She is really starting to get on my nerves. I wish they would just kill her off.
Or, Louie could just replace her with someone else and no explanation.

I figured they would continue the story of Louie trying to get his own show which is probably the eventual end of the series.
Old 04-19-15, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadman31
One thing Im not enjoying is the Pamela character. She is really starting to get on my nerves. I wish they would just kill her off.
I agree. There's playful and then there's being a mean bitch. She puts down Louie all the time and plays these head-games with him. Louie seems to be a coward around her. In general he's a soft-spoken guy who doesn't seem to like confronting people - which seems like the total opposite of how they show him on stage.
Old 04-23-15, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Louie kissing the mannequin at the kitchen supply shop, wtf? The conversation with the Asian woman was a good back and forth with the whole young versus old argument. The feeling stupid around young people line sort of made sense but she was still a pretty big bitch in her approach. I hate the uppity young generation and I'm closer to her age than I am to Louie's.

The Lenny storyline was decent. The guy was arrogant and self-centered and a fuck up it seems like, but at the same time I did feel somewhat bad for him. Louie always tries to play the good guy and even though he was irritated he was willing to help him out. It was kind of funny to learn that Louie crochets and the ending with him trying to teach Lenny to do so was pretty good.
Old 04-23-15, 10:46 PM

Probably the first episode of the series where I just wasn't feeling it. It wasn't bad, but everybody who wasn't Louie just annoyed the shit out of me.

I may have had my hopes up since Robert Smigel had a story credit, but yeah, the mannequin kiss was the only really funny bit in this one.
Old 04-24-15, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Yeah, not bad, but definitely the weakest this season, thus far.

Only part I really laughed at was when the cop told Louie "don't let me see you molesting kids again, or I'm gonna bring you in." While the subject is not funny, the context in the show certainly was.
Old 04-24-15, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I thought this episode was great. Michael Rapaport did a great job. Louie said that the person originally casted for the role bailed (he wouldn't name who it was) and Rapaport was a late addition and absolutely killed it.
Old 04-24-15, 09:03 AM

Not a funny episode for me. Completely annoying.
Old 04-24-15, 09:05 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Definitely a strange one. I like Rapaport, but yes...annoying as hell in this one.
Old 04-24-15, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't dislike the episode I guess. It was definitely a different one but the show doesn't always play as a straight comedy and I guess I still enjoyed it for what it was. I thought the awkwardness of the Lenny storyline was kind of funny because its relatable to hang out with someone you don't really want to hang out with necessarily. There weren't really a lot of big laughs but I did enjoy it.
Old 04-24-15, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86
I didn't dislike the episode I guess. It was definitely a different one but...
Actually, in retrospect, that may have been the problem. It WASN'T really different. It was pretty much the Doug Stanhope episode with a different ending (hopeless loser shits on everybody then talks about killing himself after Louie finally goes off on what a jerk he is.)

And in no way am I saying this was a bad episode. It's just one I don't see myself revisiting.
Old 04-24-15, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Michael Rapaport really let himself go. Surprised to see that he's only 45.

I knew people like Lenny and I hated being around them. It's bad enough when the person is self-centered and arrogant, but I find it annoying when they just won't shut up and are always ON. Their constantly being physical with you - even if it doesn't hurt, is aggravating.
Old 04-24-15, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sydonesia
Actually, in retrospect, that may have been the problem. It WASN'T really different. It was pretty much the Doug Stanhope episode with a different ending (hopeless loser shits on everybody then talks about killing himself after Louie finally goes off on what a jerk he is.)

And in no way am I saying this was a bad episode. It's just one I don't see myself revisiting.
I dunno. I haven't watched the episode with Stanhope in a while but I seem to recall it was a bit different. Louie actually liked his character if I remember correctly and they were having a good time together. Lenny was just kind of irritating and not likable. The only things the two episodes really had in common were that they both featured down on their luck guys (for different reasons) who were thinking about killing themselves. The concepts of the episodes were sort of similar but executed differently.
Old 04-30-15, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love this series so much. The opening with Louie and Bobby going to the funeral for their "uncle" but it turning out to be the wrong guy was good. I felt bad for Louie getting beat up by the woman at the bus stop even though it was a funny scene. Realistically he wasn't able to do much because if he had it probably would have drawn more attention and he would have gotten in trouble plus his morals wouldn't allow him to hit a woman. He should have kept his mouth shut but he was trying to do the right thing.

The scene where Lily and Jane found out and were making fun of him for it was pretty great. It seems like their role hasn't been as big this season. I sort of like Louie hanging out with them and doing whatever. The role-playing stuff with Pamela was weird yet funny too. I feel like I've been in Louie's shoes during that end scene and really his whole on-screen relationship with her. The typical bullshit speech about how you're a great guy and all that but being friend-zoned totally sucks. Obviously they want different things and it seemed like something was going to happen with their relationship earlier in the season when she brought up the "a la carte" relationship idea. I felt bad for him but it was pretty funny seeing him with make up running down his face from crying.
Old 04-30-15, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, this was a good episode. I felt the same way about the woman beating him up. He really couldn't win that one. Personally, I would've fought back, before it got as bad as it did, for him. The funny thing is, I'd probably have gotten my ass kicked, as the woman that beat him up is actually a pro boxer, Heather hardy.

The girls laughing at him was pretty funny, but his mascara running when Pamela broke up with him was hilarious.
Old 05-04-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Jornantha
Old 05-07-15, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What an episode tonight. A lot of really funny and also weird/trippy moments. I liked the beginning with Louie taking Jane to the doctor. Louie saying hi to the woman and getting no response and Jane saying that she isn't very nice and then Louie saying "well you're not" Also Jane telling the doctor about all her issues was pretty great. She definitely seems to have some weird issues but I always enjoy Louie's interactions with the girls. Also liked when they were at the market and Lily describing the movie they watched at the sleepover and it turning out to be A Clockwork Orange and him freaking was good. I understood his shock though given the content of the film.

The dream sequences were weird as hell but good. The naked guy with the weird face, Louie with a doughie crotch or something, him and a guy with a rabbit mask having sex, the interaction with the comedian who liked his bee joke, the doctor, etc. All odd but pretty funny too. Then at the end it it seems as though the nightmares were brought on because he didn't help Lily's friend's mom and going over to help he out.
Old 05-08-15, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

I think it was probably the best episode of the season.

I wonder who played the naked scary dude unless it was Jon Glaser?
Old 05-08-15, 05:44 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate when I have the dream within a dream within a dream thing.
Old 05-08-15, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Disturbing to watch all the nightmares, was when he put the blanket over the mom, but a great payoff at the end.
Old 05-10-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Louie does not know the proper way to use an aquarium vacuum.
Old 05-10-15, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The first nightmare scene scared my balls off.

So my balls gave the rest of the episode two pubes up. I can never watch this episode again. It's a balls issue.
Old 05-11-15, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts

Louie got Jammed!
Old 05-14-15, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fun episode tonight. Liked Louie's lecture to Lily about appreciating the play and her coming back with she was looking up information on it and how she can enjoy it on more than one level. Some cool guest appearances in the play to with Lithgow, Cera, Broderick, and Close. Liked Louie having to deal with Jane and all her friends during the sleepover. Him asking Shasta about her parents divorce and her saying they're together and the payoff at the end with her mom was pretty good.

Not sure if Pamela is just trying to be friends with Louie now or is using him as her fallback guy because she knows he still wants her or what. She's moved on yet reaching out.

Also the scene where Louie had to take the girls to the police station to bail out Bobby was good. Bobby's story and thinking that yogurt comes from a cow's vagina
Old 05-15-15, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, that was pretty good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.