Reload this Page >

Survivor: Worlds Apart (S30E01) -- "It's Survivor Warfare" -- 2/25/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-25-15, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

THE 30th SEASON OF "SURVIVOR" FEATURES FIRST-TIME THEME OF "WORLDS APART," WITH TRIBES DIVIDED INTO WHITE COLLAR VS. BLUE COLLAR VS. NO COLLAR, ON A SPECIAL 90-MINUTE SEASON PREMIERE, WEDNESDAY, FEB. 25

"It's Survivor Warfare" - The 30th season will feature the first-time theme of "Worlds Apart," with castaways divided into the three separate tribes, White Collar, Blue Collar and No Collar. Minutes into the game, castaways are forced to choose between honesty or deception, and one castaway becomes ill after trying to satisfy his need for protein, on the special 90-minute season premiere of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Feb. 25 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The battle unfolds when these three Tribes compete against each other on SURVIVOR:

White Collar (Masaya Tribe)
Tyler Fredrickson
So Kim
Carolyn Rivera
Max Dawson, Ph.D.
Shirin Oskooi
Joaquin Souberbielle Blue Collar (Escameca Tribe)
Kelly Remington
Sierra Dawn Thomas
Mike Holloway
Lindsey Cascaddan,
Dan Foley
Rodney Lavoie Jr. No Collar (Nargarote)
Jenn Brown,
Hali Ford
Joe Anglim
Nina Poersch
Vince Sly
Will Sims II

I honestly didn't even finish season 29. Thought it was super dull. Hopefully the 30th season will be better.
Old 02-25-15, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Re: Survivor: Worlds Apart (S30E01) -- "It's Survivor Warfare" -- 2/25/15

Did the spring season always start so late? I had almost forgotten about this. I'm dubious of the "collar" theme, but I guess the show has to keep trying new things. From what I remember of the casting, their "collar" classifications are pretty dubious: for example, pre-med and/or pre-law students being on the "no-collar" tribe.
Old 02-25-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Did the spring season always start so late? I had almost forgotten about this. I'm dubious of the "collar" theme, but I guess the show has to keep trying new things. From what I remember of the casting, their "collar" classifications are pretty dubious: for example, pre-med and/or pre-law students being on the "no-collar" tribe.
Yes they were cast first and then split into tribes along those lines which is exactly how it should be done. Not that it matters anyway because they'll be all mixed up in like 3 weeks. It's such a silly thing for any halfway knowledgeable Survivor fan to get hung up on because it's nothing but a marketing ploy for the casuals.
Old 02-25-15, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Did the spring season always start so late?
Yes, I think it always starts the 3rd or 4th week of Feb. So they can wrap it up before Memorial Day.
Old 02-25-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Excited to check this out. I know some have dropped Survivor in recent years because of the many gimmicks they use. While I'm not a fan of most of them, including the premise this season, I still watch this show above most of the others ones on TV.
Old 02-25-15, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Alan Pergament @StillTalkinTV - WNY contestant on "Survivor" plans to be under the radar.

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015...not-kelly-cop/

LB - Ugh forgot she was going to be on. Otherwise I would have entered the pickem here and picked her. Oh well - good luck Kelly!
I'll be re-watching after skipping out of the last three.
Old 02-25-15, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

"SO much drama" Go figure the white collar tribe has a crappy shelter, not much food, no fire, and are a person down! I was hoping someone would try the 5-piece puzzle. How hard could it have been?

Last edited by brainee; 02-26-15 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-25-15, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,009 Likes on 615 Posts

Damn...the hottest chick gone first!
Old 02-26-15, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Alan Pergament @StillTalkinTV - WNY contestant on "Survivor" plans to be under the radar.

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015...not-kelly-cop/

LB - Ugh forgot she was going to be on. Otherwise I would have entered the pickem here and picked her. Oh well - good luck Kelly!
I'll be re-watching after skipping out of the last three.
Pigs can't hide who they are.
Old 02-26-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think one can be a long time fan of the show and still find these recent setups ridiculous and feel it negatively affects the show. Each player spent way too much time trying to direct their comments to fit the theme of their tribe. Ultra lame and and often disgusting. Is it too much we just get a new season with 18 people split into 2 or 3 generic tribes?

I was hoping Blue would come in last to Dave could go home. Looks like possibly another dud season given the stupid setup and worthless contestants. But as long as the "no collar" tribe keeps their two hotties, I'm good at least until they go home. Looks like we may see anther "showmance" this season.
Old 02-26-15, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I know it's SO sad. She was SO pretty.
Old 02-26-15, 02:45 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raj905
I know it's SO sad. She was SO pretty.
To each their own... I thought she was just SO-SO.
Old 02-26-15, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

I enjoyed the premiere. Vince is crazy. He should make for good tv.
Old 02-26-15, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I enjoyed the premiere. Vince is crazy. He should make for good tv.
Anybody else get a Coach vibe from him? At times the only thing that seemed different was Coach never wore feathers.
Old 02-26-15, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
It almost always seems to be the case...
Old 02-26-15, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meh. Another gimmick that doesn't live up to its premise. Like the BBB season, you could interchange most of these contestants & never notice. When the producers have to have the buff guy with tattoos show up in a business suit, you know that the gimmick isn't going to influence the show. And, as before, they'll shelve the premise & start manipulating the results by reshuffling if any of the three start losing members too rapidly.

I'd like to see a season in which the team members speak only one of 5 (or 6, depending upon whether 3 or 4 teams) languages. Maybe Mandarin, English, French, German, Spanish, etc. But each team has the same distribution of the same languages, so there will be other people on other teams speaking the same language. Before the merge, the contestants would have to communicate through gestures initially (although being forced to learn rudimentary words quickly)...while the audience would understand everyone through the magic of subtitles. Of course, after the merge, most contestants would have at least one other person who would speak the same language after the merge, which would just add to the paranoia of others. And there could be an interpreter at tribal councils for the sake of the contestants.

Might be a hot mess, but it would be different.
Old 02-26-15, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,009 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
I'd like to see a season in which the team members speak only one of 5 (or 6, depending upon whether 3 or 4 teams) languages. Maybe Mandarin, English, French, German, Spanish, etc. But each team has the same distribution of the same languages, so there will be other people on other teams speaking the same language. Before the merge, the contestants would have to communicate through gestures initially (although being forced to learn rudimentary words quickly)...while the audience would understand everyone through the magic of subtitles. Of course, after the merge, most contestants would have at least one other person who would speak the same language after the merge, which would just add to the paranoia of others. And there could be an interpreter at tribal councils for the sake of the contestants.

Might be a hot mess, but it would be different.
Now that would be a cool gimmick!

Funny, I was actually thinking after watching this show that they should have a whole bunch of different people from all different countries. I didn't really consider the language barrier as much as I was just thinking of the different attitudes and how people from different countries might react to some of these situations. Goodness knows most of the stereotypes in Survivor tend to stay true to themselves and usually offer little in the way of surprises.
Old 02-26-15, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

The girl who sucked at the puzzle reminded me of a less attractive Jenny Slate.
Old 02-26-15, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan of the gimmick either, plus Jeff has all the subtlety of a Kurt Sutter SOA finale in terms of hammering away on the theme every chance he gets. Also the confessionals were really trying to drive the theme and it almost seemed like they were pushing the contestants to act to their prescribed collar (though that could have just been the editing that made it seem that way)

Hopefully they mix the tribes up quickly as it seems like they could have an interesting cast of actors, ummm, contestants.
Old 02-27-15, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Ugh, SO stupid. You would think after watching 29 seasons of this show So would learn not to say that kind of shit in Tribal council.

at Vince. That coconut vendor is a train wreck waiting to happen. He looks like a Fabio reject. (The model, not former contestant)
Old 02-27-15, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

So should have just said fuck it and got the bigger beans. There was no point in making it a personal game at that point and their terrible lying skills didn't help out the fact that they made a stupid greedy choice.

Coconut guy was insanely creepy.
Old 02-27-15, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya

at Vince. That coconut vendor is a train wreck waiting to happen. He looks like a Fabio reject. (The model, not former contestant)
That dude is creeeeeeeeepy.
Old 02-27-15, 10:09 AM
Banned

Unless there were a bunch of Survivor ninjas ready to jump out and ambush them on the way back, I'd have liked for one of the "beans" groups to just say, "Let's take them both," empty the little sack into the larger sack, and then take all the beans back and keep the clue. And then tell the tribe that the choice was between beans for the tribe or clue for themselves (or something like that).

At any rate, we've seen contestants bend or break rules before (stealing shoes, stealing idols, etc.), so why shouldn't this have been a test to see if somebody could attempt to have their beans & eat them, too?

For Dan's sake, hope he doesn't get his belly too close to the fire. http://cdn.survivorfandom.com/wp-con...n-foley-06.jpg

Last edited by creekdipper; 02-27-15 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-27-15, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
So should have just said fuck it and got the bigger beans. There was no point in making it a personal game at that point and their terrible lying skills didn't help out the fact that they made a stupid greedy choice.
You would think since deceit was on the table as a choice, they could have combined the beans and at least made their lie of taking beans over a clue for believable. But of course the smarter people on the "white collar" tribe didn't volunteer to be singled out in the first place.

They really proved their stupidity in the way they looked for the idol after the fact. Not a fan of the player that found it behind their back, but it was a funny turn of events.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 02-27-15 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-27-15, 10:35 AM
Banned

Noticed the prevalence of tats on the contestants, and looked up a link to individual cast photos. At least nine of the eighteen had visible tats (a couple of the men kept their shirts on). Could be more if any of the rest have less obscure (i.e., ankle or "hidden" tats). Is this a high number, or does 50% or more of the genpop have ink?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.