Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break -- Season 5 coming to FOX in 2017

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-15, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: FOX interested in reviving Prison Break according to Wentworth Miller

To me, the show should have ended at season 2. It just got progressively sillier after that and I just tuned out.
Old 01-15-15, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I'd watch it
Old 01-15-15, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I never did finish watching this, both the last season and the movie. I really enjoyed the first season and a half, but agree it got ridiculous and unnecessary. The initial idea of going into the prison and breaking out was great, and loved the various characters. Having guys like T-Bag continue just got silly.
Old 01-15-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
I'd watch it
This. I loved the series, even season 3. I'd watch it in a heartbeat.
Old 01-15-15, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Screw PRISON BREAK, Fox...give us more X-FILES!
Old 06-02-15, 05:07 PM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

Prison Break may be getting sprung from television purgatory.

Fox is developing a limited-series revival of its 2005-09 drama series that would re-team stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details are sketchy, but I hear the reunion project — if it happens — would be similar to last year’s 24: Live Another Day in that it would span a dozen or so episodes and feature a closed-ended storyline.

Earlier this year, Miller — who reunited with former TV bro Purcell this past season on The CW’s The Flash — told E! News that he “floated the idea” of a Prison Break continuation to Fox and “they seemed to think there was something there.” Fox co-chairman Gary Newman acknowledged at the Television Critics Assoc. press tour in January that Prison Break would make “the perfect event series,” but added that there were no current plans to bring the Fox River gang back together.

In the meantime, Miller and Purcell are at least guaranteed to reunite for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, premiering midseason on The CW.

Reps for Fox and 20th Century declined to comment.
http://tvline.com/2015/06/02/prison-...tworth-miller/
Old 06-02-15, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Screw PRISON BREAK, Fox...give us more X-FILES!
Yeah we all saw how THAT turned out.

Oh wait.

So in this edition does Wentworth just stay behind bars with his prison hubby? Would be a much shorter season.
Old 06-02-15, 05:33 PM

They'll need to explain why he's still alive first.
Old 07-14-15, 07:54 PM

If Lincoln and Michael taught us anything, it’s that solid intel is your best friend when you’re planning a Prison Break.

So we were psyched to hear Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell themselves confirm our scoop from last month that Fox’s continuation of the drama is coming closer to actually happening.

“That’s in the offing, yeah,” Miller told Michael Ausiello while the actor — as well as Purcell, his castmate in The CW’s upcoming DC’s Legends of Tomorrow — were in TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite at the Hard Rock Hotel.

“Conversations are happening,” Miller added, acknowledging that everything he said was “assuming Michael is still alive.”

From what we know right now, the continuation would be a limited series revival of the 2005-2009 drama, akin to what the network did with 24: Die Another Day last year.

But yes, Miller’s character did not make it out of the series alive — a detail Purcell says won’t matter.

“I mean, Sara was dead,” he said, referring to Sarah Wayne Callies’ character who died in Season 3 but was revealed to be alive in Season 4 of the original series. “The [concept] that I’ve heard is completely brilliant, so people will be fine.”

Callies, who also stopped by the suite to promote her USA Network series Colony, noted that Universal Cable Productions’ Dawn Parouse Olmstead is her current boss and was an EP on Prison Break. So…

“If there’s anybody who has incentive to let me sneak off of set for a little bit and cross over to another lot,” such as the revival’s, she said, “it would be Dawn.”
http://tvline.com/2015/07/14/prison-...wayne-callies/
Old 07-15-15, 10:51 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

First few seasons of Prison break were awesome but then it lost it's steam and went on too long

Definitely doesn't need to be brought back
Old 07-15-15, 10:52 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Shows they need to bring back instead are Angel and Off Centre
Old 07-15-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

With Purcell and Miller both series regulars on Legends of Tomorrow, I don't know when the heck they'll have time to film this. Is FOX aiming to get this on the air next year? FOX is supposedly still working on that 24 reboot for next summer and I would think that takes priority over this.
Old 07-15-15, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14

From what we know right now, the continuation would be a limited series revival of the 2005-2009 drama, akin to what the network did with 24: Die Another Day last year.
http://tvline.com/2015/07/14/prison-...wayne-callies/

nope.
Old 08-06-15, 12:07 PM

Fox is finally confirming what TVLine reported in early June: Prison Break is returning to Fox in 2016 as a 10-episode event series.

“It’s going to bring back both brothers, [played by] Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell,” Chairman and CEO Gary Newman announced at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday.

Added Co-Chairman and CEO Dana Walden: “I would describe it as a bit of a sequel. It picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show. The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back. I don’t think [exec producer] Paul [Scheuring] knows exactly where he’s going over the 10-episode arc, but it definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series for a new audience.

“This is the pure vision of the creator of the show,” Walden continued. “It’s going to take a little bit of a detour from where we left off [with the straight-to-DVD coda], but it should feel very satisfying and event-ized. Fans will be excited about seeing these characters back together again.”

Regarding the fact that Miller’s Michael perished in 2009’s Prison Break: The Final Break, Newman quipped that that particular plot point would be “ignored,” while Walden explained, “What [Paul] pitched to us was a very logical and believable — in the world of Prison Break — explanation for why our characters are alive and still moving around the world.”
http://tvline.com/2015/08/06/prison-...official-2016/
Old 08-06-15, 01:14 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: FOX revives Prison Break for event series with Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purce

Love this comment from the above.

“What [Paul] pitched to us was a very logical and believable — in the world of Prison Break — explanation for why our characters are alive and still moving around the world.”
So in other words, it's completely illogical and unbelievable.
Old 08-06-15, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

awesome!
Old 08-06-15, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: FOX revives Prison Break for event series with Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purce

Good to hear. I was always surprised that Wentworth didn't become a bigger star after PB.
Old 08-06-15, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could say that his career went into a deep freeze.
Old 08-06-15, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I always hated how the Final Break ended, glad it's being ignored.
Old 08-06-15, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
First few seasons of Prison break were awesome but then it lost it's steam and went on too long

Definitely doesn't need to be brought back
High-concept shows such as this have a problem sustaining any sort of believability.

Season One: Breakout.
Season Two: Fugitives.
Season Three: Breakout (again).
Season Four: Break-in.

Unless you have a show such as "Breakout Kings"...and we saw how long that lasted...it's hard to keep the concept going (unless you're going for a Mission Impossible vibe, and that didn't involve "prison breaks" every episode).

Kind of like trying to do numerous sequels to "The Great Escape."

I've advised people that they can watch S.1 & S.2 and just leave off the last episode of Season 2 and be totally satisfied. Besides, Michael's whole intriguing "tattoo" was moot after Season 1 (unless he got his whole body sanded and started over).

In fairness, I believe the writer's strike greatly impacted Season 3 by cutting it to 13 episodes. It honestly seemed that part of Season 4 was meant for the third season and that scenes used in Final Break may have been intended for Season 4. Just speculating, but it seemed that there were a lot of characters being developed in FB that never jelled and that the whole thing was a cut-and-paste job using existing footage with some re-shoots.

I liked the characters enough to give this a shot, but I agree that other shows (some left with unfinished cliffhangers, such as Longmire) could benefit more from a revival.
Old 08-06-15, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I'm guessing they are targeting this for Fall 2016? Miller and Purcell are both regulars on DC's Legends of Tomorrow and that isn't airing until early 2016. Also Sarah Wayne Callies is on that new USA show Colony. They have logistics to work out getting all the actors together.
Old 08-06-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better have T-Bag. I was hooked on the show during the first season, not for the leads, but because T-Bag and Aburuzzi were so awesome as villains.
Old 08-06-15, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I'm in! I loved this show aside from S3.
Old 08-06-15, 09:09 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Prison Breakin' 2: Penitentiary Boogaloo
Old 08-06-15, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

I will watch!

I will admit I like this new trend of shows coming back (24, Fuller House, Prison Break)

Except Heroes. I still hate Heroes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.