Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Arrow/Flash Spinoff to Star Routh, Lotz & Others)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Arrow/Flash Spinoff to Star Routh, Lotz & Others)

Old 02-26-15, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Atom -- In Development at The CW -- From the Producers of Arrow & The Flash

Huh well this definitely sounds interesting and I'm intrigued. I guess this either becomes some type of Justice League series, but Miller being in their makes that not seem possible. Secret Six maybe? Or with all those random characters, I wonder if it's some type of Brave and the Bold series?

As for Lotz I'm betting that she ends up playing another character other than Sara Lance like Power Girl or Ice. And how come the other half of Firestorm wasn't mentioned in this article?
Old 02-26-15, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger

The Outsiders probably fits better for this group but that is Batman's bunch of cast-offs.
Which he later cast off himself because he felt his own team was too restrictive.

It would be cool if they make subtle references to an unseen founder/benefactor that up and ditched the team for the same reasons Batman left them in the comics. Would be a nice Easter Egg for comic book fans.
Old 02-26-15, 08:56 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

so no Firestorm spinoff then considering Victor Garber is 1/2 of that character.
Old 02-26-15, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

So will Felicity be guest starring and sleeping with all of them? That's what I really want to know.
Old 02-26-15, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Mmmmm....at this point I wouldn't mind if they called it The Brave and the Bold. Before Batman took over the title it was always different characters teaming up.
Old 02-26-15, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

It's really weird they don't mention Robbie Amell. I hope they're able to keep three series going, because Arrow has definitely suffered with just two.
Old 02-26-15, 11:10 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

They wouldn't bring back Sarah as Canary, because they're grooming Laurel for that role.

How is Dr. Stein going to be involved in this without Ronnie Raymond?
Old 02-26-15, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Maybe Ronnie gets separated somehow and Lotz becomes female Firestorm. Stein in a female body could be interesting.
Old 02-26-15, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it's always possible that Ronnie stays on Flash, and, whenever Firestorm is needed on either, they do their slick little merge, and that's that. I thought in the comics they could just form Firestorm at the drop of a hat, regardless of where the other was in the world.

Or, alternatively, something happens with Ronnie, and Stein is left in control of the body, with Ronnie being regulated to the voice.

And as far as Lotz is concerned, they could easily do the Lazarus Pit, given what we've seen on Arrow with Ra's. Or, conversely, they could also pull a bit of time travel, and have Flash somehow "save" her, or pull her through time with him.
Old 02-26-15, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to be one of those 'too many comic book shows' guys but aren't they pushing it a little with all these comic book shows? So there will be at least 5 shows based on DC/Marvel. Agents of Shield, Gotham, Arrow, Flash & now Atom. While I do enjoy them & will watch them, having so many will potentially cause superhero fatigue in the general viewing audience.
Old 02-26-15, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
They wouldn't bring back Sarah as Canary, because they're grooming Laurel for that role.

How is Dr. Stein going to be involved in this without Ronnie Raymond?
They could always go the comics route and say that Loitz is playing Sarah's clone or something. That would cleave her from Arrow's mythology while still having a version of that character around. They might simply ignore she looks like Sarah and give Caity a completely different character. It wouldn't bother me at all.

As for Dr. Stein without Ronnie Raymond, the answer is Jason Rusch. He was already brought up on the Flash, my guess is that they will use the newer, blacker version of Firestorm if Amell has other commitments.
Old 02-27-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Arrow/Flash Spinoff to Star Routh, Lotz & Others in development at CW

Sara could be played off as her body not being buried but stolen and thrown into the Lazarus Pit or already had the ability to heal and just never returned. Play a new character though because we cant have 2 Black Canary unless Laurel gives up her "night job" ... or Sara comes back and kills Laurel because she is shitty at it.
Old 02-27-15, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

So when is the CW changing it's name to The DC Network?
Old 02-27-15, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

The Outsiders probably fits better for this group but that is Batman's bunch of cast-offs.
But didn't they kill off Brion Markov on Arrow?
Old 02-27-15, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
Not to be one of those 'too many comic book shows' guys but aren't they pushing it a little with all these comic book shows? So there will be at least 5 shows based on DC/Marvel. Agents of Shield, Gotham, Arrow, Flash & now Atom. While I do enjoy them & will watch them, having so many will potentially cause superhero fatigue in the general viewing audience.
Better than another cop or lawyer show, which people don't seem to be tired of.
Old 02-27-15, 12:07 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
So when is the CW changing it's name to The DC Network?
That'd be cool if Warner or Disney did this. Create a station that showed live action and animated shows...movies.. etc.
Old 02-27-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I'd be A-OK with that.
Old 02-27-15, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
Sara could be played off as her body not being buried but stolen and thrown into the Lazarus Pit or already had the ability to heal and just never returned.
Yeah, just crib the Jason Todd storyline. I'm good with that. They already stole everything else from Batman.
Old 02-27-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Wow, this sounds like it could be kick ass.
Old 02-27-15, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

It amazes me how much more interested I am in DC tv shows and the DCAU than I am in their films. It seems like those two divisions have things way more together than whoever is in charge of the films.
Old 02-27-15, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
It amazes me how much more interested I am in DC tv shows and the DCAU than I am in their films. It seems like those two divisions have things way more together than whoever is in charge of the films.
IDK, I'll wait for judgment after seeing Batman vs. Superman and if they follow through with the proposed schedule. Also, by comparison it's easier to put together a TV show, and animated movies, versus the live-action films. A lot more on the line since each movie will cost at least $150 million (and $200M+ for Justice League). They're going to be more cautious with the DCMU.
Old 02-27-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
But didn't they kill off Brion Markov on Arrow?
I do remember that token appearance, though they could always claim it was his cousin. I want Katana as a character.

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
IDK, I'll wait for judgment after seeing Batman vs. Superman and if they follow through with the proposed schedule. Also, by comparison it's easier to put together a TV show, and animated movies, versus the live-action films. A lot more on the line since each movie will cost at least $150 million (and $200M+ for Justice League). They're going to be more cautious with the DCMU.
The money is the real issue at hand. Networks go through failed television shows each season, they can simply move on to the next one if a project fails to draw interest. If a blockbuster movie fails it can sink an entire studio's quarterly revenues.
Old 02-27-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

The money is the real issue at hand. Networks go through failed television shows each season, they can simply move on to the next one if a project fails to draw interest. If a blockbuster movie fails it can sink an entire studio's quarterly revenues.
Exactly. Just responding to how those involved with these shows and DCAU movies have it more together versus the feature film division at Warner/DC. Not only does it sink a studio's revenues but, in the case of the proposed DCMU line, it could sink that as well as you'll have execs who will be gun shy about future endeavors and scale it down to perhaps only include Batman and Superman (esp if Wonder Woman doesn't succeed). You see this already in the DCAU line where it's Batman, Superman or Justice League. Anything else apparently doesn't sell.
Old 02-27-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I dunno if I necessarily agree that it's easier to put together a series. If anything there's probably more obstacles because the budget for a lot of stuff isn't there plus you have to script for an entire season at a time rather than a two or so hour film with years between possible sequels. Films have more on the line I agree because if they tank it can hurt the studio and the future of a franchise.
Old 02-27-15, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Actual production may be difficult, but it shouldn't be harder to write a 2-hour movie than a 20+ hour series. Yet, DC manages to make it so.

Last edited by Draven; 02-27-15 at 07:40 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.