TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S5E07) -- "Crossed" -- 11/23/14

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-14, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S5E07) -- "Crossed" -- 11/23/14

Originally Posted by malichai
HOW can you still trust people, and a captive at that? What a dum dum. What's worse, it was so obviously telegraphed that the shocking thing to have done would've been had he NOT been pulling shenanigans.
I think Sasha is probably the last person remaining in the group who would fall for that kind of ploy by a prisoner. Even Tyreese wouldn't fall for it after his experience in the shed with the Termite guy. The writers will have to come up with something else for someone to escape if they take any prisoners in the future.
Old 11-24-14, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Another episode where Maggie doesn't mention her missing sister or care enough to look for her.
It must be hell being you.
Old 11-24-14, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This episode needed more wacky-action physics vans!
Old 11-24-14, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Neat trick having three or four people get hit by a phone pole? Wonder if they were dead already.

And yes, DON'T trust the person you are holding, and even less so when they talk about going to another room. If you do, make sure to have people on him.
Old 11-24-14, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Anyone think there might be a romantic encounter between Glenn and Rosita the way they both look each other when they were fishing.
Old 11-24-14, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
They at least attempted to sell it by having the cop being somewhat convincing as a basically good guy living amongst some worse guys (and gals). Also, Sasha had the talk earlier with Tyreese about people helping each other to deal with the atrocities of the new world. That said, I was irritated by it as well. I basically knew it would happen the whole time, but not how. I thought he might grab her gun since she was being so nonchalant about everything (sitting close to him, etc.).
Plus, Noah vouched for him. Said he was one of the good ones.
Old 11-24-14, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
Anyone think there might be a romantic encounter between Glenn and Rosita the way they both look each other when they were fishing.
Definetly crossed my mind last night after that scene. I think Maggie may go into 'protective' mode over Glenn if she notices a spark between the two.

Maggie may be telling that bitch Rosita to back off her man!
Old 11-24-14, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I think that was the more telling thing. Plus, it looked "worse" to the audience because we are used to things like that happening in TV shows.
Old 11-24-14, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
yeah, somehow my motion blurring feature got set on.... I was like WTF... it looked like Walking Dead: The Soap Opera...
It's your TV settings, not the broadcast.

I was also a bit irritated that what's her face was so trusting of the cop.
Old 11-24-14, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My main issue right now is that we don't have a big bad guy. Not a person, or group or thing.
We know what Ricks team is capable of doing. We have seen the hospital people. They look incompetent, dumb. They must have a secret we don't know about.
Old 11-24-14, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not sure I understood what was going on at the hospital with Beth and Dawn; so Beth defends keeping Carol alive, and Dawn says that she doomed Carol because the other cop heard, right? But Dawn gives her a key to the drug cabinet to keep Carol alive to be hush hush. Is there any rhyme or reason behind that? Coupled with the plan with Rick's group to kidnap a few cops and trade them for Carol and Beth and the discussion that some cops are against Dawn, I really don't know how that hospital group is even functional.
Old 11-24-14, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
Or, even better for Glenn, a threesome!
Old 11-24-14, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
It was a yo-yo.
Because even though some stores still have food and medical supplies, all the yo-yos were looted within the first few minutes of the zombie apocalypse.
Old 11-24-14, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm not sure I understood what was going on at the hospital with Beth and Dawn; so Beth defends keeping Carol alive, and Dawn says that she doomed Carol because the other cop heard, right? But Dawn gives her a key to the drug cabinet to keep Carol alive to be hush hush. Is there any rhyme or reason behind that? Coupled with the plan with Rick's group to kidnap a few cops and trade them for Carol and Beth and the discussion that some cops are against Dawn, I really don't know how that hospital group is even functional.
Dawn didn't want her authority to be questioned by Beth in front of the others or she would look weak, so that is why she said Carol was on her own to live. Then she gave Beth the key when no one was watching so they would all think if Carol pulled it out, it wasn't from the medicine.

This happens all of the time in the workplace, as Bosses don't want to be questioned, so the only way they can assert their authority is do what Dawn did in that situation.
Old 11-24-14, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Dawn didn't want her authority to be questioned by Beth in front of the others or she would look weak, so that is why she said Carol was on her own to live. Then she gave Beth the key when no one was watching so they would all think if Carol pulled it out, it wasn't from the medicine.

This happens all of the time in the workplace, as Bosses don't want to be questioned, so the only way they can assert their authority is do what Dawn did in that situation.
I get that she didn't want to look weak, but I guess I just don't understand Dawn as a character or have quite figured her out yet; does she actually want to help people but is afraid of all the other cops? What's the point of her even acting like she has power? The doctor also sounded like he knew right away about the key to the drugs and that hinted that there was something else shady going on and that Dawn has other motives.
Old 11-24-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Another boring episode with characters spending over half the time talking to each other about what they're going to be doing, instead of showing viewers them actually doing it.

I keep thinking the series blew its budget for the first half of the season at the beginning of the year, so now we've gotten all these 'filler' episodes. I haven't been this bored since we were on Hershel's farm.
Old 11-24-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
On top of that, he said his name was Bob, so she further let her guard down due to her recent loss.
Old 11-24-14, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MikahC
They at least attempted to sell it by having the cop being somewhat convincing as a basically good guy living amongst some worse guys (and gals). Also, Sasha had the talk earlier with Tyreese about people helping each other to deal with the atrocities of the new world.
And let's not forget that the cop's name was Bob. They even had a shot of Sasha reacting to that.

edit: scooped by bluetoast!

Originally Posted by andicus
The filtering water bit bugged me. Why sit there and filter it?
Because it's a serial drama and not an instructional video on ZA survival. Actually, that's the answer to about 75% of the complaints in these threads.

The point of the scene was to show that both Eugene and Rosita had something to contribute to the group. If it helps, tell yourself that Rosita was only giving a demo of the process to the others and the bulk of the work was done back at the camp.
Old 11-24-14, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

So that's the second time Sasha got fucked by a Bob.

I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm going into a potentially dangerous situation where bullets could be flying - I would've borrowed the vest your captured hostage is wearing. But that's just me.
Old 11-24-14, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Coral
I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm going into a potentially dangerous situation where bullets could be flying - I would've borrowed the vest your captured hostage is wearing. But that's just me.
On the one hand, good strategy. On the other, looting your captives kind of sets the wrong tone for negotiations.

Beth's scars made her eyes look even bigger this episode. She's like one step away from being a living Keane painting.
Old 11-24-14, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Am I the only one offended by Bob the Cop? I mean, it's bad enough we had to stick to the whole "kill off a black guy to bring on a black guy" M.O. but now we can't even give them different names?! Fucking white people ...
Old 11-25-14, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Dawn is in some sort of power struggle within her group. I still don't understand the inner workings of this hospital group. The entire thing doesn't make much sense. Can they just add Noah to the main group and move on? TWD never takes the easy way out, unfortunately.
Old 11-25-14, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Dawn is in some sort of power struggle within her group. I still don't understand the inner workings of this hospital group. The entire thing doesn't make much sense.
The power struggle aspect of the group does seem suspect.

By the look of it, there are only a handful of cops in the hospital with Dawn as the tenuous leader. If she's in that much of a power struggle within such a small group, then one of the male cops would have had her in a dog collar on all fours like a Gor slave by now.
Old 11-25-14, 07:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Dawn is all about making sure the alpha male cops are happy. Letting them do whatever to the women and charge up their DVD players and so on. It wasn't just that Beth questioned Dawn in front of the other cop, she forced Dawn to make a decision between helping Carol and keeping that cop happy. If Beth had suggested taking away from some other non-cop staff I think it would have gone differently.

Also, cops are trained in tactics and shootouts and such to a practically military level. They aren't like the Woodburyians or Terminites who mostly probably never held a gun before. A battle with the cops is much more risky even for Rick's group. Particularly with them having home turf advantage. Tyreese was right that it was foolish to try and metal gear solid their way in there because one mistake and there could be a lot of casualties.
Old 11-25-14, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paff
because even though some stores still have food and medical supplies, all the yo-yos were looted within the first few minutes of the zombie apocalypse.
lol

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.