TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (SyFy) -- 7/22/15

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-14, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (SyFy) -- 7/22/15

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...t-feast-742099

Will premiere on SyFy Summer 2015. Taking place in Orlando.
Old 10-20-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Re: Sharknado 3 (SyFy) -- Summer 2015

The first was garbage but fun to point at and laugh. The second just sucked.
Old 10-21-14, 11:24 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, they won't be able to use Disney World but SyFy is owned by NBC/Universal, so maybe parts of Universal Studios Florida will be available? Otherwise, without theme parks I see no point to an Orlando setting. The only problem is most of the visually interesting stuff is related to licenses they probably can't use even as backdrop setting... Harry Potter, Dr. Seuss and Marvel are definitely out due to strict licensing details. Unless they use a fake Disney World parody, but I can't see them having the budget to pull that off.

I suppose they could make a deal with Sea World, which would make the most logical sense (and Jaws 3D already did it).
Old 10-22-14, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

For this one, they should have sharks infected with Ebola
Old 10-22-14, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Hopefully lots of Congressmen bite it.
Old 10-22-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
Well, they won't be able to use Disney World but SyFy is owned by NBC/Universal, so maybe parts of Universal Studios Florida will be available? Otherwise, without theme parks I see no point to an Orlando setting. The only problem is most of the visually interesting stuff is related to licenses they probably can't use even as backdrop setting... Harry Potter, Dr. Seuss and Marvel are definitely out due to strict licensing details. Unless they use a fake Disney World parody, but I can't see them having the budget to pull that off.

I suppose they could make a deal with Sea World, which would make the most logical sense (and Jaws 3D already did it).
Does Universal Orlando still have the Jaws attraction?
I could see them doing a gag where everyone thinks an animatronic shark is going to pop out, but a real one does and eats people.
Old 10-22-14, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
Does Universal Orlando still have the Jaws attraction?
I could see them doing a gag where everyone thinks an animatronic shark is going to pop out, but a real one does and eats people.
Nope, gone for nearly 4 years or so. It's all Harry Potter in that area now.
Old 10-22-14, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Old 10-23-14, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony

Why do I hear one of those Kevin Arnold voiceovers from The Wonder Years in my head, something about my childhood?
Old 10-23-14, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pfft, I'd much rather have butterbeer and poorly done scotch eggs than deal with a robotic jaws.

Besides, Orlando is like, 40 minutes inland. Seems sort of odd for a hurricane to get that far inland and still have much power.

Why not just go for the space ghost and reach a Sharks in Space part 4?
Old 01-15-15, 01:05 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Original Sharknado stars Ian Ziering & Tara Reid will be back for another stint as shark attack survivors Fin and April in the third installment of Syfy’s highly successful B-movie franchise. They round out the returning team of helmer Anthony C. Ferrante, directing from a script by Thunder Levin, and The Asylum producing. Premiering on Syfy in July, Sharknado 3 will cause mass destruction in the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C., than roar down the Eastern Seaboard.
http://deadline.com/2015/01/ian-zier...-3-1201350855/
Old 03-02-15, 09:52 AM

Syfy's Sharknado 3 has elected a new president and vice president.

Mark Cuban and Ann Coulter have joined the growing list of guest stars for the third TV movie in the TV movie phenomenon, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Launching in July, Sharknado 3 will this time be set in Washington, D.C., and, per Syfy, "cause mass destruction in the nation's capital" before it roars down the Eastern Seaboard.

Entrepreneur/Dallas Mavericks owner Shark Tank's Cuban will play the president, while conservative commentator/author Coulter will play the VP.

They join a rapidly growing list of guest stars set to cameo in the third film in the cult hit including Bo Derek as May, the mother to star Tara Reid's April; Jerry Springer, appearing as Mr. White, a manic tourist; 'N SYNC's Chris Kirkpatrick as a pool lifeguard; and Chris Jericho, who will play Bruce, a roller coaster ride operator.

Reid and star Ian Ziering will return to reprise their roles as April and Fin, respectively.

Anthony C. Ferrante will return to direct the newest Sharknado, which is becoming an annual event for the NBCUniversal-owned cable network.

Sharknado will debut in July on Syfy.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ook_2015030215
Old 03-18-15, 09:50 AM

The third installment in Syfy and The Asylum’s “Sharknado” franchise will be titled “Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!” the companies announced Wednesday. The two-hour telepic will premiere on Syfy on Wednesday, July 22 at 9 p.m.

The TV movie will air on all of Syfy’s international channels — totaling 86 countries — within 24 hours of its U.S. debut.

“We wanted this third title to boldly go where no shark movie has gone before. ‘Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!’ embraces the larger-than-life irreverence that has made these movies so popular and entertaining,” said Chris Regina, Senior Vice President, Program Strategy, Syfy.

The movie is currently in the midst of a production strike which began March 3. Picketing was organized by the Intl. Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.

“Representatives of the IATSE and its local unions will be present whenever and wherever this production attempts to film in and around Washington, D.C.,” said Dan Mahoney, assistant director of the IATSE Motion Picture Department. Mahoney said that employees have asked production company The Asylum for the same union benefits and protections that were provided to the crew on “Sharknado 2.”

“It is employees working for anti-worker companies like The Asylum who need the enforceable working conditions and protections of a union agreement the most,” he added.

“Sharknado 3″ producer Paul Bales, The Asylum’s chief operating officer commented on the strike on March 13: “It is true that ‘Sharkando 2′ was made under an IATSE contract,” he said. “However, dealing with the New York City locals was the worst experience we’ve had in making over 200 movies. After all of the manipulation and bullying, inefficiency, overcharging, lying and featherbedding, we had absolutely no desire to repeat this experience on ‘Sharknado 3.’ The IATSE’s actions on this film have confirmed that we made the right decision.”

IATSE then responded: “Once again, the Asylum distinguishes themselves as not only misrepresenting the truth but outright lying about the facts. The IATSE stands with the original crew of ‘Sharknado 3′ who voted overwhelmingly for union representation. Many of the crew were on the picket lines in Los Angeles day after day, and their Facebook page, Strikenado, is filled with their testimonies, as well as those who have had the displeasure of working for the Asylum before. Like the Asylum’s original statement, which mocked this hardworking crew, this new collection of lies is nothing more than an anti-union screed.”

“Sharknado 3″ stars Ian Ziering as Fin, Tara Reid as April and Cassie Scerbo as Nova. Newcomers to the cast include David Hasselhoff as Fin’s father, Gil; Bo Derek as April’s mother, May; Ryan Newman as April and Fin’s daughter, Claudia Shepard, and Jack Griffo as Claudia’s friend, Billy. The movie will kick off in Washington, D.C. before heading down to Florida.

Additional cameos include Mark Cuban as the President of the United States; Ann Coulter as the Vice President; Michele Bachmann as herself; Jerry Springer as Mr. White, a manic tourist; Washington Redskins tackle Tom Compton as a reporter; *NSYNC singer Chris Kirkpatrick as a pool lifeguard, and the WWE’s Chris Jericho, who will portray Bruce the roller coaster ride operator.

Anthony C. Ferrante returns to direct, from a screenplay by Thunder Levin. “Sharknado 3″ is a production of The Asylum.
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/shar...te-1201455380/
Old 03-18-15, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (SyFy) -- 7/22/15

If they are going with " Oh Hell No!" as the subtitle, is there to be a Will Smith cameo?
Old 03-18-15, 11:38 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Besides, Orlando is like, 40 minutes inland. Seems sort of odd for a hurricane to get that far inland and still have much power.
Agreed. If this movie isn't scientifically accurate like the first two were, I'm out.
Old 03-18-15, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

The Sharknado series is not even in my top 20 of SyFy original films, but they get all the press. The Asylum has done better work (and the flip side is that some of their earlier films make Sharknado look like a masterpiece).

I have mentioned this before on other threads, but an example of a top 5 SyFy film in my opinion is Monsterwolf (a true favorite of mine, I can watch it every year without my enjoyment of the film diminishing in any way). MW has a great cast, some decent special effects, and acting and dialogue that is oftentimes a notch or two (or three, heck, or four) above what you usually hear in their originals. Leonor Varela was fantastic in Monsterwolf, and the set-piece where she has to escape her own house to evade the wolf is a showstopper.

Sorry for the thread hijack, and yes...even with the labor issues surrounding the production of this film, I will be their on opening night to watch it.
Old 03-19-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

I still have yet to watch 2, but have seen the first one twice.
Old 03-19-15, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I look forward to the Rifftrax.
Old 06-04-15, 08:01 PM

<iframe width="656" height="369" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EVRv1fW_OVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-05-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I am more excited that once Sharknado 3 finally airs, we are going to get a week of original Syfy films. I need my Syfy original fix, and I just need to be a bit more patient because July will be here soon enough.
Old 06-06-15, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not watched Sharknado 1. Maybe they'll show all 3 back to back and I can catch up.
Old 06-07-15, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
I am more excited that once Sharknado 3 finally airs, we are going to get a week of original Syfy films. I need my Syfy original fix, and I just need to be a bit more patient because July will be here soon enough.

Just a few days after Sharknado 3 we Lavalanchula!

(volcano + avalanche + tarantula)
Old 06-07-15, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
I've not watched Sharknado 1. Maybe they'll show all 3 back to back and I can catch up.
1 and 2 are on Netflix...you don't have to wait!
Old 07-22-15, 05:32 AM

Premieres tonight.
Old 07-22-15, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ann Coulter as the vice president? I think she'd be more appropriate as one of the sharks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.