Reload this Page >

Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (S29E03) -- "Actions vs. Accusations" -- 10/8/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-08-14, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

FORMER MLB PLAYER JOHN ROCKER IS CONFRONTED ABOUT HIS CONTROVERSIAL PAST DURING A COMBATIVE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 8

"Actions vs. Accusations" - A showdown pits father against son and puts their relationship to the test. Meanwhile, former MLB player John Rocker is confronted about his controversial past during a combative Immunity Challenge, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

COYOPA TRIBE HUNAHPU TRIBE RELATIONSHIP

Nadiya Anderson (Eliminated 9/24) Natalie Anderson Twins

Alec Christy Drew Christy Brothers

Val Collins (Eliminated 10/1) Jeremy Collins Married

Josh Canfield Reed Kelly Dating

Jaclyn Schultz Jon Misch College Sweethearts

John Rocker Julie McGee Dating

Wes Nale Keith Nale Father and Son

Baylor Wilson Missy Payne Mother and Daughter

Dale Wentworth Kelley Wentworth Father and Daughter

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3FXboezqQ

Old 10-08-14, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (S29E03) -- "Actions vs. Accusations" -- 10/8/14

Well with that eviction i am pretty much meh on the rest of the season. None of the other players so far have shown much to keep me interested. Has Rocker done or said anything in the last however many years its been for everyone to think he is such a bad person?
Old 10-08-14, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Yep. Makes it easy to take a few weeks off until the merge at least. Really stupid to vote him out. Perfect guy to bring along for the ride. No way he could win.
Old 10-08-14, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Well with that eviction i am pretty much meh on the rest of the season. None of the other players so far have shown much to keep me interested. Has Rocker done or said anything in the last however many years its been for everyone to think he is such a bad person?
http://www.twitter.com/johnrockerbook
Old 10-08-14, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I surprised at just how awful Rocker is after reading his twitter feed. I guess everything he got labeled with back when he was a Brave seems to be close to the real John Rocker.

He could so easily have made the other tribe look like idiots by keeping quiet or at least not making threats.

Stupid to get rid of him, though, but I have not lost interest in the season.
Old 10-08-14, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I'll miss Rocker too. It seemed dumb for him to admit protecting Val in front of everyone. But I guess he thought Jeremy was just going to out that anyway (which he certainly would have). Maybe Rocker would've been better off taking the high road ... acting classy, and just saying "yeah, I said stupid stuff 15 years ago ... I was dumb then and I've been paying for ever since" or something. But that doesn't seem to be his style
Old 10-08-14, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I was already meh on this season. Now I just want this tribe to keep dying off one by one.
Old 10-08-14, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Bummed that Rocker was voted off as well.

It's easy to see that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed with the social aspect of this game, or perhaps the game of life.

But he was a beast in challenges for a team that hasn't been able to win. What a crazy scenario it turned out to be. Members of a winning tribe screaming at the losers about who to vote out.
Old 10-08-14, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't understand the move from a gameplay perspective; he seemed to be doing the most for the tribe in challenges and providing at camp. Also seems like he would have been a huge target at the merge anyway (which would deflect it off of others). While I like the format, the one thing the blood vs water format does is make it less critical to have the #'s on the tribe at merge (especially if the loved ones are still there on the other tribe). It seems like it de-incentivizes keeping a strong tribe.

And what was up with Probst saying "what article"? The executive producer seriously didn't know? I'm going to assume he was playing dumb for the benefit of others?
Old 10-09-14, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Any sympathy I had for Rocker ended when I read his twitter feed. Obviously still an idiot.

As I recall, I thought his comments in the article way back in the day were overblown. Just thought it made him look stupid.

Natalie is still insufferable, even w/o Nadiya.
Old 10-09-14, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
And what was up with Probst saying "what article"? The executive producer seriously didn't know? I'm going to assume he was playing dumb for the benefit of others?
You are correct. Jeff knows everything we know about the players...he just doesn't know what the players know yet, so he's careful not to reveal information that the players may not have.
Old 10-09-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rocker down, Natalie to go. Thinking voting Rocker was partially a move to draw out his idol. But then the idiot didn't play it.

Rocker's former tribe really needs Jef to come in and say "drop your buffs". Otherwise they are destined to go one by one.
Old 10-09-14, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't see a Tony or even a Spencer in this cast. No one to root for yet.
Old 10-09-14, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by windom
Unfortunately, I don't see a Tony...
I did, but he was voted out in that last episode.
Old 10-09-14, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I did, but he was voted out in that last episode.
I assume you're just talking in terms of being annoying?
Old 10-09-14, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Unfortunately, I don't see a Tony or even a Spencer in this cast. No one to root for yet.
I bet there's one on the other tribe. They just haven't had to do anything since they always win.
Old 10-09-14, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts

I did like having Rocker around as an interesting person and challenge beast. And he certainly said the right things in one-on-one interviews and even his confessional. However, it was those spontaneous moments such as the challenge aftermath that really did him in and will no doubt have people saying "Same old Rocker. Guess he hasn't changed in 15 years." I was one of those people who wanted him out of the game way back when, and I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt here, but I guess ultimately my opinion of him won't change, and that's without reading the twitter feed.

I think Josh is a good player and hope he gets redistributed or merged before the whole tribe goes down in flames.

Earlier I was saying that one of the problems of Redemption Island was replacing one of the group challenges with an individual challenge. No RI, but it's still an individual challenge.
Old 10-09-14, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sven
I assume you're just talking in terms of being annoying?
No. But I suspect there are people that think Tony played a great game rather than being lucky enough to be stuck with a bunch of idiots.
Old 10-09-14, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So how many challenges will that tribe win now? They are now at the mercy of whenever the producers decide to drop buffs. Until then they will probably lose every game. I don't think taking the advice of your opponents on who to vote out is a winning strategy.
Old 10-09-14, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Entertainment Weekly has a podcast on their site where they interview Rocker by phone. It's pretty interesting.

He says he's friends now with Jeremy, Val, Natalie & Nadiya and they've hung out together. And they've all apologized for the harsh remarks that were fired back and forth.

He also indicated that in the interviews producers did with him on the day of TC, they asked lots of questions about his idol and whether he was playing it, etc. He said it made him wonder why they were so focused on it and that maybe he should bring it with him. Apparently it wasn't a big enough hint.
Old 10-09-14, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

I will likely give it another episode but this season isn't catching my interest.
Old 10-09-14, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So strange. Every year one of the teams gets decimated while the other dominates.
Old 10-09-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Entertainment Weekly has a podcast on their site where they interview Rocker by phone. It's pretty interesting.

He says he's friends now with Jeremy, Val, Natalie & Nadiya and they've hung out together. And they've all apologized for the harsh remarks that were fired back and forth.

He also indicated that in the interviews producers did with him on the day of TC, they asked lots of questions about his idol and whether he was playing it, etc. He said it made him wonder why they were so focused on it and that maybe he should bring it with him. Apparently it wasn't a big enough hint.
I liked the sequence when one of the girls said something about things getting mixed up, Rocker gets a quizzical look, then Wes and Josh try to cover it up.
Old 10-10-14, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
No. But I suspect there are people that think Tony played a great game rather than being lucky enough to be stuck with a bunch of idiots.
Even the worst winners in Survivor history played significantly better games than Rocker and Tony is nowhere near the worst. His cast wasn't any worse than the vast majority of all newb seasons.

You either have a very very very poor grasp of the game or you're just letting your dislike for Tony cloud your judgement. Probably both.
Old 10-10-14, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I will likely give it another episode but this season isn't catching my interest.
Same here

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.