Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Long-Running shows that you've watched every single episode through good, bad, & ugly

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Long-Running shows that you've watched every single episode through good, bad, & ugly

Old 07-29-14, 08:57 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Re: Long-Running shows that you've watched every single episode through good, bad, &

Too many to mention historically, but of those that are still on the air I can think of the following:

The Simpsons
Family Guy
CSI
Old 07-29-14, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Re: Long-Running shows that you've watched every single episode through good, bad, &

The X-Files - nine seasons
Desperate Housewives - eight seasons
Survivor - 28 seasons
Dawson's Creek - seven seasons
Lost - six seasons
Battlestar Galactica (new) - four seasons
Fringe - five seasons
Chuck - five seasons
Star Trek Voyager - seven seasons
Family Ties
Cheers
ER - 15 seasons
Touch - two seasons
Body of Proof - three seasons
Dollhouse - two seasons

Ongoing:
Castle - six seasons
The Good Wife - five seasons
Game of Thrones - four seasons
Glee - five seasons
The Walking Dead - four seasons
Strike Back (Cinemax) - three seasons

Last edited by davidh777; 07-30-14 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-29-14, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Smallville - No matter how bad some of the seasons were, I was there every week watching. I started to enjoy the show again during it's last 2 seasons when they began introducing new heroes almost every week. I almost lost my shit when the Wonder Twins and Isis showed up.

The X-Files - Yick! Those last 2 seasons were hard to get through. And I don't remember Season 9 at all. I do think John Doggett was a good replacement for Mulder. Very disappointed that he wasn't in the second X-Files movie.

Heroes - After Season 1, I kept waiting for it to reach those heights again. It never happened.

Doctor Who (2.0) - I know this one probably doesn't count since it officially started in 1963 and I wasn't around for it. I became a Who fan during the 20th Anniversary (1983) and caught up on every episode after that via PBS. BUT I have been watching the new series religiously since 2005.
Old 07-29-14, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Most of mine have already been covered: the only one I don't see is -
ER.
Old 07-29-14, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

Magnum PI - 8 Seasons
The Shield - 7 Seasons

Last edited by devilshalo; 07-29-14 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friday Night Lights- Season 2 was awful and most viewers hated it. But the rest of the seasons were good, the final season was a little weak at times.
Dexter-All seasons
Smallville- There were some storylines and characters I disliked it, but I stuck it out.
Family Guy
Prison Break
Touch-This only lasted two seasons. The first season was good imo. Season 2 was awful and I watched it until the end.
Old 07-29-14, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

This seems kinda like less of a feat in a world of DVRs. Now catching all of a show when you had to rely on VCR's and conflicts with other channels and sports, now you're talking about challenging catching all of a show.
Old 07-29-14, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

Watched every original airing of
Fringe
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Battlestar Galactica
Walking Dead
Star Trek TNG
Married With Children
only 3 seasons, Lost In Space
Wild Wild West
Old 07-29-14, 04:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

Sopranos
Friends
The West Wing
Breaking Bad
LOST
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Mad Men
Rescue Me
Old 07-29-14, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

There are just too numerous to list them all out. Some of the ones that got really bad toward the end but I gutted through it...

Weeds
Dexter
Lost
Desperate Housewives
Old 07-30-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

LOST, Heroes

ongoing: New Girl
Old 07-30-14, 09:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I watched all ten seasons of Smallville, through the good, the really bad (vampire sorority sisters) and good again (superheroes).

Also, all seasons of The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I started watching solely for Molly Ringwald, but I stayed around for the crazy. I still don't get what all the fuss is about Shailene Woodley.
Old 07-30-14, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Most of mine have already been covered: the only one I don't see is -
ER.
I made it through all 15 seasons and was eager to put it on my list... then I just forgot.

Originally Posted by writer106
Touch-This only lasted two seasons. The first season was good imo. Season 2 was awful and I watched it until the end.
I also added this to my list, along with Body of Proof.
Old 07-30-14, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Desperate Housewives - Season 7 was so bad
Buffy - Season 6 almost made me quit the show
Old 07-30-14, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Basically every show I have ever watched. I'm not that hard to entertained and if I'm into a bit into a show there is a good change I enjoy it and have no intention of stopping.

Buffy. It should've ended at season 5.
That would have been an annoying series final.
Old 07-30-14, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Looking back, I think the writer's strike contributed to some of these. I know Friday Night Lights was affected (you can say that second season was terrible even before it happened but it definitely affected the unsatisfying conclusion to that season), Heroes was affected, the last season of Galactica was affected, and I think the Scrubs move happened shortly after too.
Old 07-30-14, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Desperate Housewives - Season 7 was so bad
Really the whole second half of the run was terrible except for the first reboot season. I stuck it out but have never been so glad to see a series end.
Old 07-30-14, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of current long-running shows, I'm in it for the long haul with Grey's Anatomy. We're going into season 10 or 11 this fall? Yeesh. I fully admit the show isn't great TV and hasn't been in many years but I still watch it. Often, I'm multitasking and doing something else while I'm watching it but it's still there on the screen. I guess I've been watching it for so long now that I figure I've got to see how it all ends. And while it's not a great show, it's still watchable, which is more than I can say for most network TV.
Old 07-31-14, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about shows you regretted watching all of. I'm going to stick with that.

Weeds
Lost
The Sopranos

Glad I finally wised up and I'm not watching the last season of Californication.
Old 07-31-14, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I never missed a first broadcast episode of:
Lost
The Office
Friends
Survivor

Thanks to DVD, I retroactively saw every episode of these childhood favorites:
Animaniacs
ThunderCats
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

And finally, thanks to DVD/Netflix:
Sex and the City (I know, I know)
Dexter
The Twilight Zone

Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
Downton Abbey (is 4 seasons considered long-running?)
And soon, Arrested Development

I can think of loads of other shows where I've seen the majority of episodes (Seinfeld, ER, 24, 30 Rock), but not quite all
Old 07-31-14, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

If we're including cartoons of our youth, I watched complete runs of a ton of shows when I was a kid... and if you get into anime, even more.
Old 07-31-14, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seinfeld
MASH
Cheers
Chuck - I too didn't care for the finale, or last story arc
Castle - also thinking they can't have too much more go wrong before they jump the shark
Friends
Old 08-01-14, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Battlestar Galactica
Breaking Bad
Friday Night Lights
Game of Thrones
The Good Wife
Hotel Impossible
Saved by the Bell
The Shield
Survivor
Top Chef
Walking Dead
The Wire
Old 08-01-14, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

My proudest achievement is that I've seen every episode of SNL in broadcast order, a good 98% of them live, although the last few seasons have tested my apparently boundless loyalty

Lost
Criminal Minds
many others already listed here but the majority of them I caught up through streaming or home video
Old 08-01-14, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

I think mike7162 wins the thread. Lot's of good in there, but that's a lot of bad SNL you sat through.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.