TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The X-Files (FOX) -- Season 10 coming January 24, 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-15, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: The X-Files (FOX) -- Season 10 Rumors, News, Speculation

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yeah, Mulder was reinstated in the second movie.

This conversation gives me a hankering to rewatch some episodes.
Was he reinstated? I thought they just agreed to call off the manhunt if he helped with the case. I don't recall Scully rejoining the FBI either.

Edit: No they weren't reinstated in the movie. That takes place 5 issues into the Season 10 comic which is considered canon.

Last edited by Neil M.; 03-25-15 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-26-15, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Mulder was not reinstated. However, they agreed to call off the manhunt for him if he helped with the case in I WANT TO BELIEVE. At the end of that film, he was still out of the FBI (as was Scully), but no longer a hunted man.

Here's an interesting tid-bit, the mandatory retirement age for FBI agents is 57. David Duchovny is 54 and will be 55 by the end of this summer. So even if Fox Mulder is reinstated, he'll have to move to a desk job in a couple years. Of course, he could just wind up with Skinner's job.
Old 03-26-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Duchovny has a new NBC show and Anderson lives in England is about to do a show there. Scheduling has to be a bitch to work around.
Plus Gillian Anderson is a natural blonde so she will have to again dye her hair red for The X-Files, which could mess up anything she need to film with blonde hair afterwards.
Old 03-26-15, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Scully could have changed to blonde in the past 13 years. It wasn't really red in the last film.
Old 03-26-15, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Potato, potahto. They weren't hunting him down anymore.

And yeah, no reason Scully couldn't have changed her hair color as women often do.
Old 03-26-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Mulder was not reinstated. However, they agreed to call off the manhunt for him if he helped with the case in I WANT TO BELIEVE. At the end of that film, he was still out of the FBI (as was Scully), but no longer a hunted man.

Here's an interesting tid-bit, the mandatory retirement age for FBI agents is 57. David Duchovny is 54 and will be 55 by the end of this summer. So even if Fox Mulder is reinstated, he'll have to move to a desk job in a couple years. Of course, he could just wind up with Skinner's job.
Wasn't Mulder like 40 years old when the show started? I'm remember that because Duchovny was noticeably younger than that at the time.
Old 03-26-15, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

I really doubt they will be in the FBI for these six episodes. Plus the aliens should have pretty much taken control of the government by now as hinted in the last episode. I just hope they don't do something really stupid and try to bring the Lone Gunmen back as ghosts or have the Cigarette Smoking Man's head on an android body.
Old 03-26-15, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just hope they don't do something really stupid and try to bring the Lone Gunmen back as ghosts or have the Cigarette Smoking Man's head on an android body.
I really hope not. Been waiting way too long for more X-Files to have it suck.

I have some faith in Chris Carter, and hope that over the past 13 years some good ideas have crossed his mind on what to write if the series came back.
Old 03-26-15, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

And yeah, no reason Scully couldn't have changed her hair color as women often do.
Chris Carter is the one who insisted that Scully be a redhead. I doubt he'll let that go.
Old 03-26-15, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really doubt they will be in the FBI for these six episodes. Plus the aliens should have pretty much taken control of the government by now as hinted in the last episode. I just hope they don't do something really stupid and try to bring the Lone Gunmen back as ghosts or have the Cigarette Smoking Man's head on an android body.
Originally Posted by buckeyes8604
I really hope not. Been waiting way too long for more X-Files to have it suck.

I have some faith in Chris Carter, and hope that over the past 13 years some good ideas have crossed his mind on what to write if the series came back.
The Season 10 comic addresses some of these things. The big question is whether or not these things will be explained in the show or whether you're expected to have read the comic.
Old 03-26-15, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Since the show is trying to reach a larger audience than the 10,000 people who read the comic, there's zero chance it will be required reading.
Old 03-26-15, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmac
Plus Gillian Anderson is a natural blonde so she will have to again dye her hair red for The X-Files, which could mess up anything she need to film with blonde hair afterwards.
They have these things called wigs...I even suspect that they have been worn by actresses on TV in the past!
Old 03-26-15, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Also keep in mind that Scully is getting older. If Scully is a natural redhead and her hair is graying, then there's a good chance she will color it. It would be easier for her to lighten her hair and go blond rather than color her hair red because the blond will mix in with the gray better than red. Gray roots don't stand out on blond hair like they do on darker hair.
Old 03-27-15, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 978 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
The Season 10 comic addresses some of these things. The big question is whether or not these things will be explained in the show or whether you're expected to have read the comic.
I recently became a big fan of the season 10 comic, but I have a hard time believing the show will incorporate it's story. I know it's considered canon, but that was before new episodes were greenlit.
Old 03-27-15, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Yeah, it's a good bet the comic is going to lose its status as "canon" pretty soon, unless they claim the new episodes happen BEFORE the comic book's "Season 10".

I can't imagine they won't find a way to revive The Lone Gunmen, though. As for other characters that 'died' - those might be a little harder to bring back. I think there's room to have the Gunmen back though, since you can easily explain that their deaths were faked or that they were revived/saved. Not like, say, Alex Krycek or CSM, who died in pretty violent on-screen deaths that are harder to explain away (although the comic book has invented a creative way to bring them back).
Old 03-27-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wasn't suggesting that you must read the comic. I would have to believe that the show will be written in a way that you don't even need to watch the original series to enjoy it. I was just questioning whether Carter would try to explain some things like the Lone Gunmen in the show or if they would just show up without any explanation because the comic already told the story. It's my understanding that Carter was involved in the comic because he intended it to bridge the gap between I Want To Believe and any future projects.
Old 03-28-15, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

IDW is prepping a Season 11 comic book series; we shall see. I suuppse that the comics could be lrft as "canon" by not having the tv series contradict anything from them, but I also sort of remember reading somewhere that any future movies or tv series wouldn't necessarily treat the season comics as canon.

As far as the Lone Gunmen go, they could bring them back and keep the comics canon by having Mulder make an offhand comment about how they faked their deaths.
Old 03-28-15, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
Wasn't Mulder like 40 years old when the show started? I'm remember that because Duchovny was noticeably younger than that at the time.
Mulder was, IIRC, about 28 or 29. I've started listening to the podcast "The X-Files Files," and they mention this based on some dates given regarding Mulder's age at the time of his his sister's abduction, discussed in the first few episodes.
Old 03-28-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/03/the-...yed-to-return/

Rumor only at this time

Robert Patrick, Annabeth Gish, William B. Davis and Mitch Pileggi are being pursued to return for this limited series. Patrick would need to work something out with CBS because he's a regular on Scorpion.

Also,

Howard Gordon will not be involved due to his many commitments. And Frank Spotnitz may not be involved as I mentioned before because of his commitment to Crossing Lines and his new Amazon series. But FOX and Carter want him back.

Glen Morgan is most likely one of the writers and Producers from the original series who may join this.
Old 03-28-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would love to have them all back, especially Patrick. I read an article where Davis said he was told by Carter it would be filming in Vancouver. That would definitely seem to suggest he's going to reprise his role as the Smoking Man, otherwise why would he care or comment on where it would be filming?
Old 03-28-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I could do without Gish, but I'd like to see the others return. I just never got into Reyes as a character.
Old 03-28-15, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Only six episodes and they feel the need to bring back both Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish? While I didn't mind their characters the X-Files was never about them, they were placeholders because Mulder left the show. I hope their return is little more than brief fanservice.
Old 03-28-15, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Loved The X-Files. I remember falling off (like most people) when Doggett took over.

Kumail Nanjiani has a pretty good X-Files podcast. For those who enjoy an hour dedicated to talking about each episode. It is at: http://www.feralaudio.com/show/x-files-files/

When I first spotted Kumail's podcast, I said to myself, 'maybe X-Files will become cool again'. And now it's getting a season.
Old 03-28-15, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

^Yeah, that's the podcast I mentioned upthread. I've just started, but I like it so far. Kumail is very enthusiastic about the show, but he is not blind to its flaws.
Old 03-28-15, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Only six episodes and they feel the need to bring back both Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish? While I didn't mind their characters the X-Files was never about them, they were placeholders because Mulder left the show. I hope their return is little more than brief fanservice.
Maybe their characters get bumped off in the first scene, forcing the FBI to reactivate Mulder and Scully.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.