Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stephen King's Under the Dome - Season 2 Discussion - CBS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-14, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Stephen King's Under the Dome - Season 2 Discussion - CBS

Originally Posted by whotony
5 minutes and already any hope for Intelligence is gone.
Ha! I was laughing when everything metal was flying at the dome and Barbi yells "it's magnetic"! No shit! Had to cut it off shortly after as I had to log into work but that was my last image before cutting it off. Still interested in watching the rest.
Old 07-01-14, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Flatlander
Ha! I was laughing when everything metal was flying at the dome and Barbi yells "it's magnetic"! No shit! Had to cut it off shortly after as I had to log into work but that was my last image before cutting it off. Still interested in watching the rest.
Notice they were still wearing belts with metal belt buckles? Oops.
Old 07-01-14, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
Notice they were still wearing belts with metal belt buckles? Oops.
Yep, and wristwatches to boot.
Old 07-01-14, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Things that are working: The lead romance

Things that aren't working: Everything else. I'm surprised they didn't wipe out all guns in town with the wave of magnetism. Apparently the magnetism only affected buildings the writers wanted it to affect.

I did like the new characters, mostly because they haven't been given any lines yet to make them sound like idiots. This show already has enough dumb characters, axing Angie is a good start. Though they were really pushing the analogy between the waves and the contractions of a pregnancy a little too much.

The writers apparently watched their Lost Blu-ray seasons over the break and will now bring back dead people as phantoms at every opportunity.

The Dome also knows if you are a main character or not, as the wave affected everyone except characters with speaking parts.
Old 07-01-14, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The Dome also knows if you are a main character or not, as the wave affected everyone except characters with speaking parts.
The wave did take out the teacher, which is good because anybody with a clue would know that 4 gas generators were nowhere near powerful enough to meaningfully manipulate a magnetic field of that magnitude.
Old 07-01-14, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

I love how this show introduces new characters that no one seems to have noticed before...then again, the prologue said the dome has only been up two weeks, so I guess that's acceptable.
Nikki and Paulo!

I think I'm out. I just don't give a shit. The actors aren't very good... the guy who plays Barbie has the screen presence of a mildewy dishrag, the ginger chick is kind of hot but forgettable -- like everyone else on this show she could be replaced by a cardboard cutout and nobody would notice, the kids are annoying, and Dean Norris can't salvage the awful writing.

And the dome itself... just isn't very interesting. It's like the ultimate deus ex machina that does whatever the plot needs it to do.
Old 07-01-14, 09:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

/facepalm moment - so is the girl in the lake the black sphere that ginger dropped in there?
Old 07-01-14, 11:11 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Decent premiere. Two regulars get killed off and Eddie Cahill joins the cast. The magnetic sequence was decent, though poorly executed in parts. At least they tried though. I get the sense they're trying to right the wrongs from season 1. Will see now successful they end up being...
Old 07-02-14, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, we swear these four kids are the important aspect to the dome..

Maybe they'll just drag her corpse to it so they can touch it? Is the mini-dome even still around? I don't even remember anymore.
Old 07-02-14, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Why yes, character I'm just going to off, I would like a refill of hot water???
Old 07-02-14, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
No, we swear these four kids are the important aspect to the dome..

Maybe they'll just drag her corpse to it so they can touch it? Is the mini-dome even still around? I don't even remember anymore.
Iirc she dropped the mini-dome in the lake. Then that girl surfaced ...
Old 07-02-14, 12:20 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

I feel like I should watch the rest of Season 1 so I can keep watching this.. but... ugh.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RS40WBIco_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-02-14, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

As long as you don't expect riveting television or anything more than barely acceptable acting, Under The Dome can entertain in its sheer ridiculousness. One thing that didn't portend well for this second season is that it appears they are doubling down on Junior's storyline, bringing in his mother as a key cog.
Old 07-02-14, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Nice that just because someone is dead or not actually inside the dome doesn't mean they aren't actually alive and inside the dome. Really opens up a lot of plot possibilities. Wonder who turns up next? Barbie's long lost twin brother? Conan O'Brien? Nicolae Ceaușescu?
Old 07-02-14, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think I'm out. I just don't give a shit. The actors aren't very good... the guy who plays Barbie has the screen presence of a mildewy dishrag, the ginger chick is kind of hot but forgettable -- like everyone else on this show she could be replaced by a cardboard cutout and nobody would notice, the kids are annoying, and Dean Norris can't salvage the awful writing.
Dean Norris is the only reason I continue to watch...I noticed they pulled him back from "pure evil" to just "semi-evil" last night - probably because they realized that Jim can't go around killing a character every other week (although, with this cast, it would be nice).

I liked that we finally got at least one scene outside the Dome and actually think they could improve this series if they introduced a whole string of characters outside the Dome working to get it open/studying it, etc.
Old 07-02-14, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
/facepalm moment - so is the girl in the lake the black sphere that ginger dropped in there?
Sam (the new guy) said he has a sister that committed suicide...I'm guessing that's her, but she hasn't aged a day (so, yes, it's someone the Dome created in her likeness...or the Dome resurrected her...or something like that).
Old 07-02-14, 06:19 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I would like to see Jacques Cousteau and his yellow submersible pop up from the middle of the lake. Now that's entertainment.
Old 07-02-14, 09:24 PM

Sam (the new guy) said he has a sister that committed suicide...I'm guessing that's her, but she hasn't aged a day (so, yes, it's someone the Dome created in her likeness...or the Dome resurrected her...or something like that).
It was Juniors mom that he was referring to that killed herself. He his her brother and Juniors uncle.
Old 07-02-14, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

My comment about it being dumb five minutes in was because Redhead just road a boat to the shore and then wheN the
girl fell into the middle of the lake instead of hopping back into the boat she swims to her.
Boat 30 seconds, swim much longer, then swim back with unconscious girl even more longer.
Old 07-03-14, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mortalplague
It was Juniors mom that he was referring to that killed herself. He his her brother and Juniors uncle.
That doesn't explain the girl being in the scrapbook he had, though. I thought he might have been referring to another sister that died when he was young. You may be right, though - for some reason I remember the mother dying in a car accident and not as a suicide...but maybe it was a suicide car accident.
Old 07-03-14, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Decent premiere. Two regulars get killed off and Eddie Cahill joins the cast. The magnetic sequence was decent, though poorly executed in parts. At least they tried though. I get the sense they're trying to right the wrongs from season 1. Will see now successful they end up being...
I agree with this.

I'm looking at this show as a guilty pleasure. It's really just a soap opera with supernatural undertones. Some of the acting is terrible, some isn't. I kinda like how they are bringing back characters you didn't expect to see again. Some of it was a little creepy and tense, a lot of it is also tiring with all the melodrama. This episode actually reminded me of Stephen King book. Let's see how it goes, it was just the first episode.
Old 07-05-14, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

That doesn't explain the girl being in the scrapbook he had, though. I thought he might have been referring to another sister that died when he was young. You may be right, though - for some reason I remember the mother dying in a car accident and not as a suicide...but maybe it was a suicide car accident.
The "scrapbook" was artwork from his sister/Junior's mom. She seems to have seen all of this coming ...

There was speculation in season 1 that she committed suicide via the car accident.
Old 07-06-14, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mrhan
The book's timeline is only a week. How much more of the story can they stretch out?
King said that his original storyline for the book lasted several months, but he had to trim it down to keep the book manageable.
Old 07-07-14, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Episode 2 is tonight

BARBIE RISKS HIS LIFE WHEN AN INFESTATION JEOPARDIZES THE CHESTER'S MILL FOOD SUPPLY, ON "UNDER THE DOME," MONDAY, JULY 7

"Infestation" - Barbie risks his life to help Rebecca save the Chester's Mill food supply when she discovers an infestation of butterfly eggs on the town's crops, on UNDER THE DOME, Monday, July 7 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Mike Vogel (Dale "Barbie" Barbara)
Rachelle Lefevre (Julia Shumway)
Dean Norris (James "Big Jim" Rennie)
Eddie Cahill (Sam Verdreaux)
Alexander Koch (Junior Rennie)
Nicholas Strong (Phil Bushey)
Colin Ford (Joe McAlister)
Mackenzie Lintz (Norrie Calvert-Hill)
Karla Crome (Rebecca Pine)
Natalie Martinez (Deputy Linda Esquivel)
Britt Robertson (Angie McAlister)

RECURRING CAST:

Grace Victoria Cox (Melanie Cross)
Dale Raoul (Andrea)

GUEST CAST:

Matt McHugh (Farmer Killian)

WRITTEN BY: Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson

DIRECTED BY: Ernest Dickerson

The writers of tonight's episode (Souders and Peterson) were the Executive Producers and Showrunners of Smallville during season 9 and 10.
Old 07-07-14, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Stephen King on Twitter today:

We're getting down to it on DOME tonight; too many people, not enough resources. Sound familiar?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.