Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justified -- Season Finale -- "Restitution" -- 4/08/14

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Justified -- Season Finale -- "Restitution" -- 4/08/14

SEASON FINALE - Episode 13 / Production #513 - "Restitution" (Airs April 8, 10:00 pm e/p) - Raylan has one last shot at taking down Art's would-be assassin, while cartel killers have Boyd's back against the wall. Written by Fred Golan & Dave Andron; directed by Adam Arkin.

Episode 13 of 13

Will return for a 6th and Final season in 2015
Old 04-08-14, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Justified -- Season Finale -- "Restitution" -- 4/08/14

Pretty boring finale.
Old 04-08-14, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Disappointing season.
Old 04-08-14, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

And Justified has its end game.

Glad to see everyone realize it all circles around Boyd, and comes back to him, Raylan and Ava, just like episode 1.
Old 04-09-14, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hopefully that was the weakest season, and we can get a final year of just boyd and raylan, with a large scoop of wynn duffy on the side. (and tim & rachel). Not big bads next year, keep it simple.

Didn't like how they showed Tim in this episode. Gets taken out in a cliche run-the-red light car accident, then in the shootout it looked like the A-team. It would have been far better if they showed him as the crack sniper he has been built up to be, I'd have much rather seen him just drop one of those guys the second they made a move.
Old 04-09-14, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Yeah they alternated A-team like initial fire and then momentary times of him being a crack shot. They should have at least had him dropping one guy in the initial barrage (especially as he had his gun drawn and aimed).

A pretty straightforward finale - I am glad they played it straight with Darryl Crowe being the shooter, but I thought the scene with Wendy taking him out with Raylan watching was kind of weak. Even the callback to the earlier scene about Raylan reminding him that "I told you you would wish I killed you" seemed a bit off (and was painfully obviously coming)

Not the best of seasons but hopefully they are setting up for a spectacular final season with the inevitable showdown between Raylan and Boyd. Boyd robbing banks would be kind of cool if they head that way. They also need to mix in at least one more "fire in the hole" line.

I did find the scene with him trying to make a deal with the 2 cartel guys and thinking he had talked them into it pretty hysterical. And really liked the version of "You'll never leave Harlan alive" at the end (wish they had stretched that out a bit).
Old 04-09-14, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Finale didn't feel rushed, but off -- Raylan seemed to disappear for a long stretch. The Wendy-Daryl-Kendall wrap up was weak, but I was over the non-Dewey/Danny Crowes a while ago. (Subtle jab with Rapaport being shot in the throat?)

Not sure getting to this point with Ava's cooperation was worth that storyline either. (Still kind of confused if she was actually getting drugs into prison or not, and from where.)

Hopefully they don't try to add too many new players season as we're down to just a few match-ups at the point, primarily Boyd-Raylan-Ava and Katherine Hale-Vazquez, and they trimmed a lot side and bit players this season.
Old 04-09-14, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So that was the big payoff to the fucking Ava prison storyline? She gets released? And all the subplot of the drugs and power struggle goes right out the window?

Yay. I'm glad we're done with it, but it was a waste of time.
Old 04-09-14, 08:32 AM

2 of the all time Justified lines:
You ever pull off a shot like that Mr. Ranger Snipah?
and
Old 04-09-14, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
So that was the big payoff to the fucking Ava prison storyline? She gets released? And all the subplot of the drugs and power struggle goes right out the window?

Yay. I'm glad we're done with it, but it was a waste of time.
We had to see Ava in such a desperate situation that she would be willing to flip on Boyd.
Old 04-09-14, 09:11 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Gotta agree, pretty weak season and finale. I'm not thrilled about next season either, didn't really want to see Raylan v. Boyd, but of course I'm in it 'til the end.
Old 04-09-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck
We had to see Ava in such a desperate situation that she would be willing to flip on Boyd.
Exactly. The prison storyline is when I checked email, but they definitely had to show Ava needing to choose between a shanking or solitary insanity for her to flip on Boyd. Since they've been together, I've loved their relationship, so seeing her do this was major, imo.

The thing is, Rachel tells Boyd that they're gunning for him and immediately afterwards Ava gets out of prison. I wonder how suspicious he'll be?

As a whole, and underwhelming season, but there were some great episodes and great character moments. Plus I really enjoyed seeing both Raylan and Boyd get shaken in their beliefs there in the back half of the season. Looking forward to the big finale.
Old 04-09-14, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by uteotw
Gotta agree, pretty weak season and finale. I'm not thrilled about next season either, didn't really want to see Raylan v. Boyd, but of course I'm in it 'til the end.
That's interesting, how would you lay out the final season? Having them team up on a bigger bad?

It seems like the whole show has been about Raylan v. Boyd. An uneasy relationship, for sure, but the whole show revolves around those two. it also seems like Boyd feels the Marshalls are always going to be there for him when he's over his head - like tonight. I like that Rachel told him that's over which - with Ava's new situation - leaves him more alone than ever. RIP Jimmy.
Old 04-09-14, 10:01 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieK
That's interesting, how would you lay out the final season? Having them team up on a bigger bad?

It seems like the whole show has been about Raylan v. Boyd. An uneasy relationship, for sure, but the whole show revolves around those two. it also seems like Boyd feels the Marshalls are always going to be there for him when he's over his head - like tonight. I like that Rachel told him that's over which - with Ava's new situation - leaves him more alone than ever. RIP Jimmy.
I totally agree the show has, to varying degrees, revolved around Raylan & Boyd. But I liked the tension between the past they had growing up/working the mines together and the whole marshal/criminal thing. Maybe it's part of the genius of the show (like The Shield, Sopranos etc.), but I like Boyd. He clearly is real about his feelings for Ava, and I'm just not thrilled about her betraying him and Raylan passing on his transfer just to take Boyd down, if that makes any sense. And yeah, I did like it when they teamed up (end of S1?) in that shootout, and I also think a clear-thinking Boyd would be highly suspicous that, suddenly, the inmate changes her story and the guard recants and Ava is instantly freed...
Old 04-09-14, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

'Justified' season finale postmortem: EP Graham Yost dissects 'Restitution,' looks ahead to final year

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/09/ju...le-postmortem/
Old 04-09-14, 01:43 PM

i am hoping there is a callback to the handcuffed shooting. either tim ends up cuffed and then shot, with boyd saying "don't you wish i showed you how to do that", or tim successfully shooting someone with his hands behind him.

i think i am going to write that as some slash fiction.
Old 04-09-14, 03:13 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for missing this probably obvious plot-point, but why was Daryl compelled to risk everything by trying to murder Amy Smart's social worker character (and wounding Art)?
Old 04-09-14, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Thos19
Sorry for missing this probably obvious plot-point, but why was Daryl compelled to risk everything by trying to murder Amy Smart's social worker character (and wounding Art)?
I think Daryl thought Raylan would be with her and wanted revenge for his brother's death.
Old 04-09-14, 10:15 PM

My Directv recording cut off right when Boyd was sitting down with Duffy. What happened after that?
Old 04-09-14, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by malichai
My Directv recording cut off right when Boyd was sitting down with Duffy. What happened after that?
Mine too. God damn fucking shit. I can't believe this day in age with technology this shit continues to happen.
Old 04-10-14, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

This season, and this finale felt a little off to me. When Boyd is getting threatened by the cartel guy about the skinning, his facial expressions bothered me. It was like he was trying too hard to act scared, but even if it was just to throw off the guy it still didn't seem in character.

I also didn't like him trying to turn the guys. Boyd has been good at reading people, and I don't think he would have ever thought they would turn on their boss.

I also agree with the above poster that Tim would know how to handle the scenario, and I was disappointed they did the cliche crash.
Old 04-10-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts

The way it's been set up, I'm hoping for a not so happy ending to next season.
Old 04-10-14, 05:34 PM

deep down i hope they keep raylan and boyd alive in case they want to do something more with the show later. i guess anyone else is on the table to get offed. RIP Tim and Rachel in advance.

after thinking about it, the marshals wouldn't be involved in investigating Boyd. Catching him sure, seizing his assets, guarding witnesses against him. but taking him down via investigation was glaringly incorrect.

Last edited by Ropes Pierre; 04-10-14 at 05:36 PM. Reason: addition
Old 04-10-14, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Like most TV cop shows, beyond their jurisdiction is par for the course.
Old 04-11-14, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Well, interested in seeing how it all plays out next season. The question is, do the writers decide to kill Boyd or not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.