Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Claimed" -- 2/23/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Claimed" -- 2/23/14

Why was the guy sitting on the toilet with his pants on? It would have been an easier fight if they were around his ankles. I wouldn't have made the connection to Rick opening the bathroom door to make a walker trap.

I wonder if Kober's crew were the ones that slaughtered that encampment during the nice guy "Brian" era. Of course all the people that knew about it are dead now.

It'll be interesting to see Tyrese and Abraham in the same group. The show may have neutered Tyrese but he can turn it on when he needs to kill walkers. But the showrunners will probably kill Tyrese off before Abraham is able to find them, probably the first one to die in Terminus.
Old 02-24-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

So the guy in the bedroom was passed out. But didn't Rick KILL the guy in the shitter? I'm guessing he changed and the guys found him and that's how the distraction for Rick to escape happened.

Or am I wrong?
Old 02-24-14, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dalbowski
Why was the guy sitting on the toilet with his pants on? It would have been an easier fight if they were around his ankles.
I assumed he was just resting not dropping a deuce.
Old 02-24-14, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I assumed he was just resting not dropping a deuce.
But there were empty bed(s).
Old 02-24-14, 03:32 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I guess they didn't want an extended fight with some dude's bare ass flopping around, as hilarious as that would have been.
Old 02-24-14, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Wasn't it confirmed (or heavily speculated) that the CDC guy told Rick that you turn no matter what when you die? It was either that or that his wife was pregnant.

I don't think the CDC guy told Rick how to solve this riddle... that said, I love the fact that there could be a long term cure. I think this show needs to determine an end point and work towards it instead of meddling from plot point to plot point ala Lost.
I believe later Rick has stated that CDC guy told him everyone is infected. That was the whispered message.

Also from that time in the CDC they learned that the CDC itself, the French, and everyone else they were working with did not have an answer to the source or solution. But I'm sure random mullet-guy out wandering around Eugene knows.

Yes, I'm sure this will all be explained, and will probably make sense from the Eugene/Abraham perspective. My real problem is with Glen/Tara just shrugging it all off when hit with this. Well, that and assuming what he said is true the obvious problem raised in this thread of keeping mankind-saving information in the mind of a single, extremely vulnerable individual.
Old 02-24-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When they said Eugene knew what happened i was expecting Glenn to say something about Atlanta, the CDC, and what Rick told the group about this plague. He didn't....
I was thinking that Eugene would say that he just came from the CDC - but Rick would know that the building was destroyed.

I do like how the previews at the end of the episodes don't necessarily show things that happen in the next immediate episode. I thought I caught a glimpse of Glenn and Maggie together in the preview after last week's ep.
Old 02-24-14, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So the guy in the bedroom was passed out. But didn't Rick KILL the guy in the shitter? I'm guessing he changed and the guys found him and that's how the distraction for Rick to escape happened.

Or am I wrong?
You are correct. That's why Rick opened the door to the hallway from the bathroom before exiting the window. Create a distraction to aide his escape.
Old 02-24-14, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
You are correct. That's why Rick opened the door to the hallway from the bathroom before exiting the window. Create a distraction to aide his escape.

Ahhhhh. Thanks for that. I remember that door thing now. My wife was like, "Why did he crack the door like that?"
Old 02-24-14, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ahhhhh. Thanks for that. I remember that door thing now. My wife was like, "Why did he crack the door like that?"
I missed it too until I heard the standard "walker noise" when all the shouting started and Rick got away from the house. First I wondered how in the world would a walker suddenly appear and then I realized ohhh...Rick you crafty devil you.
Old 02-24-14, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by achau9598
I was thinking that Eugene would say that he just came from the CDC - but Rick would know that the building was destroyed.
That crossed my mind too.

I do like how the previews at the end of the episodes don't necessarily show things that happen in the next immediate episode. I thought I caught a glimpse of Glenn and Maggie together in the preview after last week's ep.
I watch on XBOX live so there are no previews. It's all fresh for me.
Old 02-24-14, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I missed it too until I heard the standard "walker noise" when all the shouting started and Rick got away from the house. First I wondered how in the world would a walker suddenly appear and then I realized ohhh...Rick you crafty devil you.
Is also throws one off because of the previous choke out scene where clearly the guy was still alive. I was wondering if Rick had just made him pass out at first but then the attack happened...
Old 02-24-14, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Originally Posted by MScottM
Trust me, you would know if there was still a government. The easiest way to tell if there is a government is to ask when you last paid taxes. Since they haven't paid taxes for a couple of years, there is no government. And even if there was a tiny fragment of what "HAD BEEN" the US government left somewhere in the US, the fact that they are assuredly not protecting the former citizens means that the "government" has relinquished its rights to call itself that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continu...#United_States
Old 02-24-14, 04:03 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I actually thought both of the guys were dead until Talking Dead cleared it up. Watching it I figured Rick was in a panic because he thought the guy by the bed would turn soon, not because he would wake up.
Old 02-24-14, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

No dought in my mind we are going to see those guys again. I figured the guy was still alive because the one that choked him out surely wouldn't lie down to sleep with the chance of his buddy turning into a walker.
Old 02-24-14, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't get my mind out of the bathroom. That house that Carl and Michonne were in had a chain lock on a 2nd floor bathroom door? For the occasions you're in the bathroom, someone knocks, and you want to see who it is?
Old 02-24-14, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Can't get my mind out of the bathroom. That house that Carl and Michonne were in had a chain lock on a 2nd floor bathroom door? For the occasions you're in the bathroom, someone knocks, and you want to see who it is?

I had an Ex who's Mentally ill Mother used to bust in on her when she was in the bathroom. So maybe it's not so far fetched to have that.
Old 02-24-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
First, there should be plenty of AA batteries left in the world for them to scrounge, but beyond that there are plenty of ways to charge batteries after the apocalypse. Solar chargers have been commonplace for years, and they certainly would have come across a few in any number of stores they've scavenged.

And their lack of scrounging anything really useful, or having any sort of contingency plans, is really starting to bug me. What did they do while they were sitting around all day? How about discussing what to do if the Governor or anyone else showed up at their front gate?

Back to the radio situation, they could find walkie talkies in any discount store or truck stop, or from Rick's police station, or the military units they've found abandoned. And they should have a range of a few miles. The old toy ones I had were good for a couple miles, and those were just toys.
legitimate radios like the ones used in law enforcement and military don't run off AA batteries. the ones in the stores that do have limited range.
Old 02-24-14, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

In an old house, the doors wouldn't have locks on them, so putting on a chain lock is the easy answer. That's how we did it in my parents' house.
Old 02-24-14, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the show needed some eye candy
Old 02-24-14, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

She's fucking hot but her costume is so ridiculously slutty I just have to laugh every time I see her.
Old 02-24-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven
She's fucking hot but her costume is so ridiculously slutty I just have to laugh every time I see her.
Hey! I laugh when I get a hard-on, too.
Old 02-24-14, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

What was the significance of the painting Michonne found in the house that made her wander into the pink bedroom??
Old 02-24-14, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
In an old house, the doors wouldn't have locks on them, so putting on a chain lock is the easy answer. That's how we did it in my parents' house.
Hmm, good point. I didn't consider the age of the house. If I had a house like that I would replace the interior knobs with privacy ones. Chain lock just looks weird on a interior door.

And a horrible choice for the impending zombie apocalypse.
Old 02-24-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

The commando chick is ridiculous. She looks like a model for a gun magazine that has no credibility.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.