Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Claimed" -- 2/23/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Claimed" -- 2/23/14

I haven't read any of the comics (as I don't want to be spoiled) but I am very interested in the Abraham/Eugene characters.

Mindy Kaling was a train-wreck on Talking Dead, as a Walker would have brought more to the show. I'm sure she is a fan of Talking Dead, but not a nerd-fan that is needed on a show like this that is willing to talk about all the little things that make it great. Her publicist probably told her to go on it to plug her show (because its gets good ratings), but she seemed out of her element.

Last edited by mcnabb; 02-24-14 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-24-14, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windom
Mindy Kaling thinks the guy that killed Abraham Lincoln was named Ford???
All I could do is put hang my head when I heard her say that. She doesn't come across as all too bright. Seemed to have a ton of makeup on, too.

I enjoyed this episode .. Could the home invaders be the same group that wiped out the little camp that the Governor came across?
Old 02-24-14, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mixed reaction to this episode.

It's nice having Michonne be more than snarls and glares, but at the same time that character was sooooo underdeveloped for so long that it's coming off -- maybe not the right word -- phoney.

Given that they used a semi-recognizable actor, I'm sure that home invasion crew will show up again.

And for now I'll buy that Abraham is so blind for something to cling to that he can't see Eugene is clearly off. But I'm not sure how long I'll buy those four -- especially Glenn at this point -- not seeing it. Well, maybe not Hot Pants, 'cause she's just there for, well the short-shorts.
Old 02-24-14, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As soon as Eugene said "trust me, I'm smarter than you", I expected him to die in the next few seconds.

So, the governor lasted 1.5 seasons. I guess they are going to introduce the next bad guy(s) in the following episodes. And next season will be all about him/them.
Old 02-24-14, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Two lines in this episode pissed me off. First, "its classified" when they were talking about the cause/solution to the walkers. HOW IS IT CLASSIFIED? and for what purpose? There is no government. There would be absolutely no reason not to spread this information to EVERYONE that they could possible get it to. That way, if just the ONE person in the world that had the answer is killed, the answer doesn't die with him.

Secondly, the "Trust me, I'm smarted than you" line. While this may in fact be true, you would have to me an idiot (and thus not smarted) to be saying this kind of shit to the people that are keeping your ass alive. If you are indeed smarted than them then shut the hell up and try not to piss them off.

Just me two cent but common sense seems to be lacking in so many areas of this series.
Old 02-24-14, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Loved the stuff with Ford last night; hated the stuff with Rick. Him hiding under the bed was laughably bad, when you could see right under the bed from the doorway (nobody bothers to look down?). Then he makes a huge ruckus in the bathroom fighting that guy (knocking a ton of stuff on the floor) and NOBODY hears it? Please.
Old 02-24-14, 08:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by MScottM
Two lines in this episode pissed me off. First, "its classified" when they were talking about the cause/solution to the walkers. HOW IS IT CLASSIFIED? and for what purpose? There is no government. There would be absolutely no reason not to spread this information to EVERYONE that they could possible get it to. That way, if just the ONE person in the world that had the answer is killed, the answer doesn't die with him.
Assuming that they go the route of the comic, this will be explained.
Old 02-24-14, 09:24 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Mindy Kaling thinks the guy that killed Abraham Lincoln was named Ford???
Lincoln was shot in Ford's Theater.

I agree that Mindy Kaling did not bring much to Talking Dead last night. Cudlitz was a decent guest though.
Old 02-24-14, 09:33 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Loved the stuff with Ford last night; hated the stuff with Rick. Him hiding under the bed was laughably bad, when you could see right under the bed from the doorway (nobody bothers to look down?). Then he makes a huge ruckus in the bathroom fighting that guy (knocking a ton of stuff on the floor) and NOBODY hears it? Please.
That whole 'under the bed' subplot was boring. I'd much rather see the misadventures of Carl again.

Interesting that Rick killed that guy and he turned so quickly.
Old 02-24-14, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
First, there should be plenty of AA batteries left in the world for them to scrounge, but beyond that there are plenty of ways to charge batteries after the apocalypse. Solar chargers have been commonplace for years, and they certainly would have come across a few in any number of stores they've scavenged.
Aside from never really seeing that many walkie talkies around, I don't think i've ever seen a solar battery charger in my life. Maybe it's just me.

I don't think any of the survivors would know if there was still a government or not, would they?
Old 02-24-14, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Aside from never really seeing that many walkie talkies around, I don't think i've ever seen a solar battery charger in my life. Maybe it's just me.
Go to a sporting goods store like REI and you'll find the shelves lined with both products.
Old 02-24-14, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Passing by an REI would probably be handy for the Walking Dead crew I guess
Old 02-24-14, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It's
Spoiler:
the cannibals.

Okay... maybe not... but it would be an awesome way to lead victims into Cannibaltown.
I think you are onto something actually. That is what I told my wife when the two parties have seen the signs for sanctuary. No better way to funnel people in. Easy way to ambush.
Old 02-24-14, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.rei.com/search?query=solar+charger
Old 02-24-14, 10:40 AM

It's
Spoiler:
the cannibals.

Okay... maybe not... but it would be an awesome way to lead victims into Cannibaltown.
Seems like paying Trevor would be easier.
Old 02-24-14, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
Lincoln was shot in Ford's Theater.
Yeah, I know he was shot in Ford's Theater, but she said that the name Abraham Ford was a confliction of the president and the guy that shot the president.
Old 02-24-14, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Secondly, the "Trust me, I'm smarted than you" line. While this may in fact be true, you would have to me an idiot (and thus not smarted) to be saying this kind of shit to the people that are keeping your ass alive. If you are indeed smarted than them then shut the hell up and try not to piss them off.

Just me two cent but common sense seems to be lacking in so many areas of this series.
Not just your two cents, mine too. I had nearly the exact same thoughts. I enjoy the show but those two comments by Eugene were just a little beyond what I can overlook. When they asked him flat out what caused the apocalypse that has destroyed nearly everything and everyone they know and he says "It's classified" they all just shrug it off and well that's that, subject closed to further discussion. Oh please.
Old 02-24-14, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Passing by an REI would probably be handy for the Walking Dead crew I guess
They found a fully stocked Big Lots, why would an REI or other sporting goods store be so far out there?
Old 02-24-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Me007gold
They found a fully stocked Big Lots, why would an REI or other sporting goods store be so far out there?
Well they haven't passed by one in the show, so blame Atlanta city planners?
Old 02-24-14, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Another excellent episode. Seriously, this show has been on a roll since the awful premiere. Loved the development between the characters and the home invasion group, looks like they will be a force in the coming episodes.
Old 02-24-14, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It's
Spoiler:
the cannibals.

That
Spoiler:
hunter
storyline is certainly another good guess.
Old 02-24-14, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Not just your two cents, mine too. I had nearly the exact same thoughts. I enjoy the show but those two comments by Eugene were just a little beyond what I can overlook. When they asked him flat out what caused the apocalypse that has destroyed nearly everything and everyone they know and he says "It's classified" they all just shrug it off and well that's that, subject closed to further discussion. Oh please.
Those words were said for a reason. Stay tuned.
Old 02-24-14, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I had the same thought as you. It's the f'ing zombie apocalypse! Classified my ass. I would have beat the answer out of him. I had to go read the comic version of that character before I could at least accept his classified response.
Old 02-24-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gizmo
That whole 'under the bed' subplot was boring. I'd much rather see the misadventures of Carl again.

OUCH! Come on, it wasn't THAT bad!
Old 02-24-14, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Eugene comes across as maybe being autistic... but being "classified" seems like an obvious attempt to have only ONE person have a solution only to have that person end up dead or everyone else dead protecting him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.