Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netflix

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netflix

Old 01-30-14, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tW0SacO27Uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by dex14; 08-26-14 at 02:31 PM. Reason: embedded video
Old 01-30-14, 11:05 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: "Full House" Guys Reunite On Jimmy Fallon

"reunite" is code for "ejaculate"
Old 01-30-14, 12:52 PM

Is there a reason we're only getting a "reunion" that's getting ridiculous amounts of airtime and publicity because of a... commercial?

How stupid are the networks/ABC? Clearly all three main stars aren't just willing to do it, they're almost pathetically desperate. As much promo time/chatter as this is getting, all for a ****ing ad? Never occurred to a network before to just maybe capitalize on nostalgia and do a one-hour follow up? Especially if it were tongue in cheek, referencing the absurdity/stupidity that was Full House filled with innuendo for a now adult audience?

I just can't believe that nowadays, with all the cable networks and reruns, our "reunion specials" are ****ing television commercials.
Old 01-30-14, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
"reunite" is code for "ejaculate"
That gives the Peaches & Herb song a whole new meaning.
Old 01-30-14, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,019 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by Coladar1
Is there a reason we're only getting a "reunion" that's getting ridiculous amounts of airtime and publicity because of a... commercial?

How stupid are the networks/ABC? Clearly all three main stars aren't just willing to do it, they're almost pathetically desperate. As much promo time/chatter as this is getting, all for a ****ing ad? Never occurred to a network before to just maybe capitalize on nostalgia and do a one-hour follow up? Especially if it were tongue in cheek, referencing the absurdity/stupidity that was Full House filled with innuendo for a now adult audience?

I just can't believe that nowadays, with all the cable networks and reruns, our "reunion specials" are ****ing television commercials.
This is more or less the second reunion on Jimmy Fallon. Bob Saget and Stamos showed up randomly one episode with Stamos as the musical guest in his Full House band. Fallon does this stuff all the time, there's probably more behind it - cost wise - than is worth while. It's like his Saved By The Bell reunion bits.
Old 01-30-14, 04:08 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

They also did an AMA on Reddit yesterday.
Old 01-30-14, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

Cry more why don't you?

This was fantastic, I loved seeing them all in character together for a tongue in cheek reunion. They know Full House was cheesy but can still have fun with it.
Old 01-30-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 971 Likes on 684 Posts

Wow. So much outrage over a skit on a late night show. As far as the 3 leads being desperate, while I have no idea what Coulier is up to, Saget and Stamos are probably doing just fine for themselves.
Old 01-30-14, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe Coulier still does stand up. He didn't do much else after the show ended. Stamos has had a few roles on various shows and Saget does stand up and has done a few roles on other shows too.
Old 01-30-14, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be more impressive if Fallon could get the women of the show to show up too
Old 01-30-14, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
It would be more impressive if Fallon could get the women of the show to show up too
I've been wondering why they haven't made an appearance through all this? The Olsen Twins I could understand. They seem to have an Ego. But the others I doubt would have a problem appearing. I know one way to get Jodi Sweetin to show up
Old 01-30-14, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Meh I doubt that'll ever happen. Candace Cameron would probably never go for it. She got all batshit religious like her brother from what I hear. Jodie Sweetin maybe because she's basically washed up and probably has nothing else going for her. I know she had a bunch of drug issues, not sure if that's still the case or not but she may not want to be involved in the spotlight anymore. The Olsen twins I sort of doubt would do it but I guess you never know. They do seem pretty egotistical now days and probably would think they're too good to be involved with anything related to the show.

To me though the three guys are what really made the show and it's most funny seeing them together especially because Saget and Stamos aren't as squeaky clean in real life like they were on the show. I don't think Coulier is as risque and from what I hear performs stand up mostly clean but is still friends with Saget and Stamos in real life. I still think it would be cool to see them reunite for something a bit larger scale like a movie or something where they act more like their actual selves and total opposite of Full House.
Old 01-31-14, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Wow. So much outrage over a skit on a late night show. As far as the 3 leads being desperate, while I have no idea what Coulier is up to, Saget and Stamos are probably doing just fine for themselves.
Err... I don't know where the idea is coming from my outrage stems from the skit - it doesn't. As I thought I made clear enough, it stems from the *commercial* this skit is *clearly* promoting. I didn't realize they'd done something similar on Late Night before, I thought it was just Stamos appearing with his band.

That said, if you don't think this was entirely tied with the commercial for the Super Bowl, we are at a total disagreement. Within a couple days of the ads news breaking, a week of it airing, this? Not a coincidence.

So yeah, the fact that the only way we can get reunions now is for commercials? That does piss me off. And not about Full House. Look at all the 80s-90s reunion shows - Return to Mayberry, etc. Nothing like that anymore. No, now, it takes a company wanting to do a 30 second ad in place of the two hour remembrances prior generations used to get? My point was that this ad, and this skit, shows the cast of Full House would clearly be willing if they only got the phone call. That's what pisses me off, and with good reason, especially as I noted that now there're a thousand cable networks that offer reunion opportunities for old shows that didn't exist back in the heydey of the reunion/return to specials.

That we're relegated to advertisements, and promoting those 30 second advertisements, is almost obscene in my mind. And personally, I can't think of a single reunion special from the past decade, especially for a 90's show. Seinfeld on Curb and Dallas on the new Dallas don't count, for obvious reasons.
Old 01-31-14, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sure Fallon is friends with the guys or he wouldn't just have them on. Hence why John Stamos already appeared on the show last summer doing a "Jesse and The Rippers" musical appearance (in which Saget also briefly appeared in the audience). Even if they were promoting a commercial (which wasn't even mentioned at all in the segment) who cares other than you? It's a late night talk show that does skits and promotes entertainers. Kind of the main function of a talk show. Besides an actual Full House reunion probably won't ever happen but a little slice of nostalgia with the three guys clearly ribbing on the show and themselves I find pretty funny.
Old 01-31-14, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
I know one way to get Jodi Sweetin to show up
Old 08-26-14, 02:30 PM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Have mercy! Warner Bros. TV is eying a possible revival of Full House.

The sitcom, which ran on ABC from 1987 to 1995 before living in syndication on Nick at Nite, may return to the airwaves with some of the original cast intact, including John Stamos, who is actively working to get the show back on the air, according to TV Guide Magazine.

The show’s creator Jeff Franklin would pen the potential revival, with original executive producer Bob Boyett also on board. Castmembers Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber would play a role in the project, while Bob Saget and Dave Coulier would also be involved, though it’s unclear in what capacity. There is no network attached yet, and the project is in very early stages.

The news comes on the heels of other TGIF series Boy Meets World finding new life as Girl Meets World on the Disney Channel.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/26/full-house-revival/
Old 08-26-14, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

They could easily make this like a sitcom version of Modern Family following multiple families.
Old 08-26-14, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd consider watching it but wouldn't really care too much if this would just be following the families of DJ, Stephanie, and possibly Kimmy. If Coulier, Saget, and Stamos are involved though I'd be in. I would imagine the Olsen twins aren't very interested in doing this at this stage but I wonder how the writers would handle the Michelle character. Unless they recast her or something.
Old 08-26-14, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is awesome. Surely Perfect Strangers will be next up.
Old 08-27-14, 03:56 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

omigod, maybe a one off special but that's enough
Old 08-28-14, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe Stamos is the main one pushing for this, when he's pretty much the one who killed the show before... it could have moved to the WB for a couple more seasons but he and Candace wanted out. Easy to write out Candace, her character was going to college anyways...
Old 08-28-14, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Who needs the Olsen Twins when you've these:

Actually, looking at pictures of Candace Cameron and Andrea Barber, all the Full House girls have turned out MILFy.
Old 08-28-14, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 714 Likes on 584 Posts

No way would Full House work again on the big 4 networks since it is too cheesy and audiences are too sophisticated now.
Old 08-28-14, 04:09 PM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

ABC could pair it with Tim Allen's show... Which is surprisingly still on. Or throw it on ABC Family.

I'm sure TVLand would be interested... They're in the traditional sitcom business.

TBS maybe even too.
Old 08-28-14, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess Stamos finally hit the tipping point of desperation.

It could work if it was self aware enough and turned itself into a playfully cheesy Modern Family.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.