Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Originals (The CW) -- The Vampire Diaries Spinoff -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-14, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
re: The Originals (The CW) -- The Vampire Diaries Spinoff -- Series Thread

I don't think she's dead yet. I think the resurrection will still happen. It has just been delayed. Also, can we start the 18 year old clock countdown for her?
Old 01-22-14, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I really dug the last episode. People tend to not stay dead in shows like this so I'm sure our favorite little witch will return.

The one thing I was thinking about in these last few episodes is where is Tyler? What exactly is he doing? I don't really care that much about the character but they just kind of left him dangling.
Old 01-22-14, 10:04 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Didn't he get killed?
Old 01-22-14, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tyler? No, he just had his neck snapped. That's a minor booboo for vampires.
Old 01-22-14, 10:16 PM
Suspended

That was the last time we saw him, right? Weird.
Old 01-22-14, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep. Haven't seen him and nobody is asking what happen to one hybrid kid out to kill Klaus. You would think someone would be talking about the guy that had a key role in getting half the vampires killed by Klaus.
Old 01-23-14, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by onebyone
Last night's episode was great, but it was sad.

I can't believe that I wasn't expecting it. It is a spin off of The Vampire Diaries after all. Got to expect character deaths.
Kind of expecting for her to return yet quite a few people die and stay dead on the Vampire Diaries so who knows.
Old 01-25-14, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't she have vampire blood in her when she died? I'm thinking that's why the reaping didn't work and she's probably the only one who could take on Celeste. But who knows.
Old 01-25-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't recall her being healed by vampire blood or just drinking some. hmmm
Old 01-25-14, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I don't think she's dead yet. I think the resurrection will still happen. It has just been delayed. Also, can we start the 18 year old clock countdown for her?
Only three witches were raised. I would guess the fate of the fourth witch will be used as a bargaining chip. Celeste will play both Marcel and Sophia by promising to save Davina or the niece.
Old 01-26-14, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I don't recall her being healed by vampire blood or just drinking some. hmmm
When Tim was killed and she was thought to be dead, Rebecca told Klaus they tried vampire blood to revive them. Not sure if that counts but I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 03-11-14, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...nals-as-687866

It hasn't aired on the West coast yet, but this news has already broken.

Claire Holt (Rebekah) has left the show. Tonight was her final episode. She may return in the future as a guest star, but that hasn't been decided yet.
Old 03-11-14, 09:55 PM
Suspended

Surprised she lasted this long as she as never even intended to join the spin off (hence Haley).
Old 03-12-14, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I think she decided to read comics and play video games at my house all day.
Old 03-12-14, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I totally missed that spoiler so I was taken by surprise last night. I am bummed out about her leaving and think the show really needs her. I liked the the three of them together as a messed up team, with her as the lone female voice.

I hope they don't give all her screen time to Camille. She's the only character I don't really like. Kill her off please.
Old 03-12-14, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wanted to see her be on some show. I was not sure if she was ever suppose to be on that long and hop back over to Vampire Diaries yet that show has characters already they don't know what to do with.
Old 03-12-14, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts

Until I read the report I assumed she would be back in short order and it was part of the plot. I think she will be missed. The only up side is more Phoebe Tonkin.
Old 03-12-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Oh great first time I fall asleep during this show. I remember Klaus confronting her and she runs away, then I woke up and saw her driving at the end. I was like "fuck again she left plot".. then I just read the news.

sucks ,like her character a lot.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 03-12-14 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-09-14, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The Originals -- Series Premiere -- "Always and Forever" -- 10/03/13

I decided to start watching this (I had it recorded on my HTPC). I've been debating whether I need to watch The Vampire Diaries first to get the story, etc. The problem is, there are so many episodes of The Vampire Diary, and when it first aired, I watched 1 or 2 episodes and completely lost interest. And this from someone who enjoyed the Twilight movies well enough.

So here's commentary from someone who did NOT watch the Vampire Diaries and jumped right into The Originals...

Whatever backstory was laid out in TVD doesn't really matter. Klaus is a mad dog and a half brother. They've all been around forever and thus are a bit more out of touch with their long-lost humanity. Still, so far Elijah seems decent enough -- or at least a lot better than Klaus. He could actually be someone to root for if not for that whole "he eats people" thing. It's a more mature show than what I remember of TVD. And let's face it, we're always fascinated by the most powerful, fastest, strongest, etc. See Eric and Godric on True Blood.

But then at the end, Klaus goes and
Spoiler:
stabs his brother with what I assume was a silver dagger. Bummer! I was hoping for some Elijah to keep Klaus somewhat in check. I assume it doesn't kill Elijah since they've talked of being immortal, and the sister made a comment about him doing something like that to her, which basically just put her into suspended animation of a sort.

I'll keep watching my recorded episodes here and there and start recording Season 2 as well when it starts so I'll have them if I end up liking the show. I have no intent at this point to go back and watch TVD.
Old 09-10-14, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The Originals -- "House of the Rising Son" -- 10/08/13

Still no trouble following the show even though I stopped watching The Vampire Diaries after 1-2 episodes and never saw The Originals on that show.

The witch is quite powerful. She gives The Originals a good foil to go against. I'll be interested in seeing where that goes, and also why she never goes out and seems beholden to Marcel. It's clear, though, that he doesn't order her around, but in stead requests things from her, which seems consistent with how a relationship of that type would be given her power.

I don't yet understand kdogg's statement above that "Everyone ... knows how to kill an Original but that also kills their offspring." Maybe that's a reference to The Vampire Diaries as there's nothing in this show suggesting people know how to kill an Original. Still, it doesn't prevent me from enjoying what I'm seeing on the screen.
Old 10-06-14, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk God

The Originals (The CW) -- Season 2 Thread -- Mondays starting 10/6/14

The first season of THE ORIGINALS brought the most formidable creature on earth, the Original vampire-werewolf hybrid Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan), back to his former home - the vibrant and supernaturally charged city of New Orleans. When he arrived, his siblings Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) not far behind, he was stunned to learn that werewolf Hayley Marshall (Phoebe Tonkin) was pregnant with his child. Though Elijah hoped that the news of a baby might help rebuild their fractured family, other forces threatened to destroy it further: namely, Marcel Gerard (Charles Michael Davis), Klaus' beloved vampire protégé, whom the Originals thought to be long dead, and a dark secret that Marcel and Rebekah held for a century. The Originals and Hayley soon found themselves caught in a bloody war between vampires and witches, the stakes raised by a vengeful young witch, Davina (Danielle Campbell), and by Klaus' surprising connection to Cami (Leah Pipes), a student with a painful past. Meanwhile, Hayley helped her exiled werewolf family return to the French Quarter, unaware that a ruthless pack of wolves was already lurking in the city, waiting to stage a violent coup on the vampires. As the first season came to a close, the werewolves decimated the vampire community while the witches made a horrific assassination attempt against Klaus and Hayley's newborn daughter. Season two finds our heroes adjusting to a new status quo, with the newly empowered werewolves controlling the city, Klaus struggling to adjust to new weaknesses, and Elijah desperate to save Hayley, now a hybrid, from a vicious spiral of self-destruction. THE ORIGINALS is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with My So-Called Company, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Julie Plec ("The Vampire Diaries," "Kyle XY," "Wasteland") and Leslie Morgenstein ("The Vampire Diaries," "Gossip Girl") are executive producers.

"Rebirth" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

REBUILDING HOMES AND RECRUITING NEW FAMILY - After months of being holed up inside his compound, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) enlists the help of Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) in plotting his revenge against the Guerrera werewolves, and vows to take down anyone who poses a threat to baby Hope's existence. Elijah watches helplessly as Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) spirals downward while mourning the loss of her daughter and struggling to adapt to her new hybrid status. Exiled by the Guerrera werewolves, who now control the French Quarter, Marcel is still reeling over the destruction of his vampire family, and attempts to rebuild his home with the help of Josh (guest star Steven Krueger). Elsewhere, Cami (Leah Pipes), who is attempting to regain some normalcy in her life, seeks comfort in a surprising place. Last, Davina (Danielle Campbell) continues her plan to use Mikael (guest star Sebastian Roche) against Klaus, but gets sidetracked when she meets the mysterious, yet charming Kaleb (guest star Daniel Sharman), who holds a few secrets of his own. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Marguerite MacIntyre & Julie Plec (#201). Original airdate 10/6/2014.

Read more: Listings - ORIGINALS, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3FOPzeRsZ

22 episode 2nd season
Old 10-07-14, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts
Re: The Originals (The CW) -- Season 2 Thread -- Mondays starting 10/6/14

I'm going to try and keep up with this season as it airs, unlike last year. Diehard fans will want to check out the Blu-ray set of season one, for it includes both a Comic Con and a PaleyFest panel. Very few television releases offer both.

http://www.doblu.com/2014/09/08/orig...lu-ray-review/
Old 10-07-14, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Nice to see Claire Holt (Rebekah) again although a very brief appearance.

Pretty good start. However, if you've never seen the show before, this would be a very difficult episode to get into. You would be missing a lot of the backstory, especially with this war against the Werewolves.

Looks like we're in for a full out war this season. Klaus usually annoys the crap out of me, but he actually came across as sympathetic, especially during his conversation with Hayley. With Rebekah gone, she's really moved up in importance here.
Old 10-07-14, 08:50 AM
Suspended

How will this show be about The Originals without Rebekah? She is sorely missed.
Old 10-07-14, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya

However, if you've never seen the show before, this would be a very difficult episode to get into. You would be missing a lot of the backstory, especially with this war against the Werewolves.
Can't imagine going into a new show without catching up first.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.