Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-16, 10:44 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

hmm...thought the Luke Cage teaser would have been posted here by now.

Old 03-21-16, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Agree - the universe is ripe for more TV shows. buuuuuuuuttttttttt, not sure i'd care about a Hawkeye show.

Maybe Moon Knight, New Warriors, Darkhawk, a REAL deathlok show (would they have to re-use the guy from AOS?), and of course squirrel girl.
Old 03-21-16, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by HN
hmm...thought the Luke Cage teaser would have been posted here by now.
I was down on the colter casting originally, but really liked him in JJ. And he's a badass in that brief clip.
Old 03-21-16, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Yeah, he's believable and has excellent screen presence in that role.
Old 03-21-16, 12:25 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Agree - the universe is ripe for more TV shows. buuuuuuuuttttttttt, not sure i'd care about a Hawkeye show.

Maybe Moon Knight, New Warriors, Darkhawk, a REAL deathlok show (would they have to re-use the guy from AOS?), and of course squirrel girl.
Yup. Agreed. Plus The Punisher... Elektra could have maybe an 8 episode arc. Maybe a Ghost Rider or Blade series or mini series.
Old 03-21-16, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by dex14
Yup. Agreed. Plus The Punisher... Elektra could have maybe an 8 episode arc. Maybe a Ghost Rider or Blade series or mini series.
oh hell yeah. Ghost rider would be GREAT on netflix. Although, maybe effects budget would be too high?
Old 03-21-16, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
oh hell yeah. Ghost rider would be GREAT on netflix. Although, maybe effects budget would be too high?
Yea... the effects might be a little daunting for a TV budget... but they've come a long way in even just the 5 years since the last film. I think they could find a decent way to translate it to screen. The movie effects were terrible, IMO.
Old 04-01-16, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/01...essica-henwick

Marvel’s Iron Fist has found its female lead – and she’s also from HBO’s Game of Thrones!

Jessica Henwick has landed the coveted role of martial arts expert Colleen Wing in the Netflix series. A martial arts expert running her own dojo, Colleen will serve as an invaluable ally to Iron Fist, aka Danny Rand (Finn Jones), as he returns to his life in New York.

On Thrones, Henwick plays one of the Sand Snakes (the whip-cracking Nymeria Sand). She also had a role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens as X-Wing fighter pilot Jessika Pava. Previously, Henwick starred in the 2010 U.K. series Spirit Warriors, which was considered the first British TV series with a predominately East Asian cast. In the Marvel comics, her Iron Fist character is a saumari who first appears in Marvel Premiere #19 as one of Danny’s first friends after he left K’un-L’un.
Old 04-01-16, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just watching it... I'm more fan to original Elektra (the one Frank Miller created)... I don't really like this Netflix's version of Elektra. I understand what Marvel is trying to do - separate "universe" between comic and movie/TV series and I wished that they would stick to what those creators' intention on those characters. They were popular for some reason and I don't see why they need to change characters' originals.
Old 04-01-16, 11:46 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When will Iron Fist be available ? this year ?
Old 04-02-16, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
When will Iron Fist be available ? this year ?
I think 2017.

The next Netflix series will be Luke Cage this September.
Old 04-11-16, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk God

http://movieweb.com/defenders-marvel...es-production/

Charlie Cox says "The Defenders" miniseries will film later this year.
Old 04-11-16, 07:07 PM

Yea.. I'd guess Iron Fist will probably start up by the end of this month. And then Defenders will probably start in October or November and air sometime at the end of the summer 2017. It will be a while before we see Jessica Jones Season 2 and Daredevil Season 3 I imagine... unless they run multiple productions at once.

Last edited by dex14; 04-11-16 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-12-16, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts

Lord of the Rings alum cast in Marvel's Iron Fist
BY DYLAN KICKHAM • @THATSSODYLAN
Posted April 11 2016 — 4:00 PM EDT

Marvel’s next superhero series is getting a transplant from Middle Earth. Netflix announced Monday that David Wenham has been cast in the upcoming Iron Fist.

Wenham, who played Faramir in two Lord of the Rings films, will take on the role of Harold Meachum, a business partner of protagonist Danny Rand’s parents at the time of their deaths. In the comic books, Harold Meachum serves as an antagonist to Danny Rand’s Iron Fist.

Wenham is the third actor cast in the upcoming series, joining Finn Jones in the lead role of Danny Rand/Iron Fist and Jessica Henwick as martial arts expert Colleen Wing. The series was created by Dexter and Six Feet Under producer Scott Buck.

Iron Fist is the fourth installment in Netflix and Marvel’s Defenders series, following Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage, the latter of which is set for a Sept. 30 debut.

A premiere date for Iron Fist has not yet been set.
Old 04-15-16, 11:30 AM

“Daredevil” showrunners Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez have been chosen to helm Marvel and Netflix’s upcoming miniseries “The Defenders.” Another alum from “Marvel’s Daredevil,” Oscar nominee Drew Goddard (“The Martian”), will also serve as executive producer on the project.

The crossover series will see the titular characters from “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage” and “Iron Fist” join forces to face their biggest threat yet, following the launch of each character’s solo Netflix series.

“Doug and Marco captivated our members around the world with their continuation of the story of Matt Murdock in ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,’ and we can’t wait to see how they and Drew will introduce the full Defenders team to our global audience,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix Vice President of Original Content.

“We’re incredibly excited to be able to bring our four street level heroes together in an epic tale woven by Doug and Marco whose work on ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ speaks for itself,” said executive producer and Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “They write and produce not only great action and adventure, but also the heart and touch of humor that’s makes us Marvel. With the inclusion of Drew Goddard, we’ve got a team that’s as formidable as the Defenders themselves.”

“This is the big one. Four amazing casts, four amazing series, now all in one amazing story,” said Petrie and Ramirez. “We are thrilled at the opportunity to deliver the show that both we and the fans have been waiting for.”

“Daredevil” debuted its well-received sophomore season in March, while Season 1 of “Jessica Jones” was met with critical acclaim and a Peabody Award nomination after launching last November; the Krysten Ritter-led series was renewed for Season 2 in January. Mike Colter’s Luke Cage, who was introduced in “Jessica Jones,” will bow his own eponymous series on September 30, while “Iron Fist,” starring Finn Jones, is currently in production with a premiere date yet to be announced. “Daredevil” star Charlie Cox recently revealed that filming on “The Defenders” will commence at the end of this year.

Petrie and Ramirez took the reins on “Daredevil” for Season 2 following the departure of Season 1 showrunner Steven DeKnight, and the duo quickly established that they could service the storylines of multiple Marvel icons in one series with the introduction of new characters The Punisher (Jon Bernthal) and Elektra (Elodie Yung) in the action-packed drama.

Goddard has been part of the Marvel family for several years; the “Cabin in the Woods” writer-director was initially on board as showrunner for”Daredevil” Season 1, but stepped down to focus on his feature film commitments in May 2014, staying on as exec producer and penning the first two installments of the series while DeKnight took over as showrunner.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-...-3-1201751797/
Old 04-18-16, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

A couple of small bits of news today regarding all three upcoming Marvel and Netflix TV series collaborations.

First up, "90210" actress Jessica Stroup and "Banshee" actor Tom Pelphrey have been cast in "Marvel's Iron Fist". Stroup will play the series regular role of Joy Meachum, while Pelphrey will play her on-screen brother Ward Meachum.

The children of Harold Meachum (David Wenham), Joy and Ward have spent their lives helping build Rand Enterprises to its current standing in the world, only to have their work put in jeopardy when Danny returns to claim his birthright. The duo joins Finn Jones as Danny Rand & Iron Fist, Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing, and David Wenham as Harold Meachum. All will be series regulars.

Next up, "Jessica Jones" actor Eka Darville has confirmed he'll reprise his role of junkie neighbour turned sidekick Malcolm Ducasse from 'Jones' in Marvel's upcoming "The Defenders" mini-series. He tells Spoiler TV: "I will be in it. I'm not sure how much yet but I will be in it."

Finally, Cheo Hodari Coker, the writer and executive producer of "Luke Cage," spoke about the upcoming series this past week and suggests to Collider that the tone of the new series will be the most sophisticated and adult of the MCU to date:

"It's very sophisticated. I mean, it's got a '90s hip-hop vibe, but it's really forward-thinking. We have Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad doing the scoring for us. We have a lot of different musical appearances, but at the same time, we've got the Marvel action. We've got drama. I would like this to be, I mean, I know this is heavy but, The Wire of Marvel television, because we really deal with a lot of different issues."

"Luke Cage" will premiere in September, the others not until next year.
Old 04-18-16, 07:49 PM

Jessica Stoup

I like both casting choices.
Old 04-18-16, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dex14
Jessica Stoup

I like both casting choices.
Ditto, I like Jessica Stroup, she was great on The Following.

Old 04-18-16, 08:23 PM

I needed stroup back on my tv! That pic above doesn't even do her justice.
Old 04-19-16, 10:08 AM

Iron Fist, the upcoming Netflix Marvel show is filming today in Manhattan, on the corner of 51st Street and Madison Avenue, using the codename “Kick”.

Finn Jones on the set of ‘Iron Fist’ in NYC
Old 04-19-16, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Iron Fist is going to defeat enemies with a mean game of Hackey Sack before the Dave concert.
Old 04-29-16, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Iron Fist is going to defeat enemies with a mean game of Hackey Sack before the Dave concert.
Can't wait for an exclusive Umphrey's McGee soundtrack to play in every. single. scene.
Old 05-18-16, 02:11 PM

I don't know how much stock I'd put in this because of the mention of Agent Carter going to Netflix. It is very doubtful that would happen.

Also, I changed the title of this thread. Any future Marvel/Netflix project rumors and news can be discuss here until made official, or we have season threads, etc.

Netflix is one of the largest television series releasing platforms in the world. The platform has already taken over Marvel character series like 'Daredevil' and other hit series like 'Orange is the New Black.'

We revealed that Marvel's 'Agent Carter' series may be going to the platform after we also revealed that ABC had canceled the show. Now, we reveal that Netflix will be adding three more comic book characters to their line-up in the form of series.

Our sources have revealed that Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight are lined-up to join Netflix. Out of all the three characters, Blade was the only to be brought from film ( Played by Wesley Snipes) and later moved to television (Played by rapper Sticky Fingaz). It should be noted that the show itself, didn't last that long.

The three comic book characters will join the likes of Punisher, who is played by the Walking Dead's Jon Bernthal. Another comic book character, Ghost Rider, was brought to life with the help of actor Nicholas Cage, who portrayed Johnny Blaze's version of the Rider. The film series had fail apart with the last film titled 'Ghostrider: Spirit of Vengeance' after the success of its first exceptionally written and put together film simply known as 'Ghost Rider.' The second film itself was a product of horrible writing and bad CGI, though it was still entertaining and not even as close as bad as the 'Blade 3' film, in my opinion.

Nevertheless, nothing else has currently been revealed about the tv or new Netflix series. However, you can stay updated with us as more info is revealed.
http://moviecreedlive.com/entertainm...night-netflix/
Old 05-18-16, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts
re: Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

I also wouldn't put stock in it because it says that the first Ghost Rider film was exceptionally well written and put together.
Old 07-18-16, 02:36 PM

re: Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.