Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-15, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Like what? Do tell?
Old 10-14-15, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

To be taken...

Moon Knight Reportedly Being Developed For Netflix
Jamie Lovett - 10/14/2015

The Punisher and Elektra may not be the only anti-heroes being added to the Netflix corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marc Spector, a.k.a. Moon Knight, may be showing up as well.

The news comes from Heroic Hollywood’s Umberto “El Mayimbe” Gonzales, who was a guest on the Collider Heroes video cast. Around the 10 minute mark in the video below, Gonzales and the hosts are discussing what Marvel’s recently announced 2020 mystery movies may be. Moon Knight is mentioned as a possibility, but Gonzales says he’s heard they’re preparing the character for the “back door pilot” treatment on Netflix, similar to the Punisher in the second season of Daredevil.

Gonzales doesn’t say much more than that. Rumors and speculation about Moon Knight coming to the MCU have been circulating for a long time, without anything really solid to hang the idea on. It’s unclear if Mayimbe has heard new information about the project, or if he’s referencing older rumors.

Either way, he’s right about Moon Knight being a much better fit for Netflix than Marvel’s big screen. Moon Knight is often referred to as “Marvel’s Batman,” and has the dark tone and history to match. He’d fit right in with the vision Netflix laid out in Daredevil.
Old 10-21-15, 11:35 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Full trailer on Friday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JLLEPU2er9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-23-15, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nWHUjuJ8zxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-23-15, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nWHUjuJ8zxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That looked good.
Old 10-23-15, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I liked her voice. I honestly didn't remember Ritter's voice. Even though I finally saw all of breaking Bad like 4 months ago. Her voice is right for Jessica Jones, it's kind of what I imagined her to talk like. Now let us see if the rest adds up too.
Old 10-24-15, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Great trailer. Looks dark and dismal. I'm there.
Old 10-24-15, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Ritter has a good look in general for this, that "Kind of cute, might be a junkie" look works well.
Old 10-25-15, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
i was skeptical. i still see her as the annoying chick who referred to "boyfriend" on gilmore girls. based on this trailer, i'd stick her in the ace.

i enjoyed daredevil and am now looking forward to this.
Old 10-30-15, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Read an article today that says it's sounding like Iron Fist is being replaced by a Punisher series as their deadline is approaching with Netflix and Iron Fist development is coming along too slowly. They are pretty high on what they have shot with the Punisher so far and feel it's an easier sell.
Old 10-30-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I think that Netflix deal will without a doubt be renewed. Iron Fist might not be coming up when expected, but he will be in the future for sure. To be honest i think i would prefer to see an Iron Fist show than a Punisher show. The Punisher is a great character and a series would be awesome, its just that we have had 3 movies with the character at different levels of quality (Lundgrens is the best overall film, but Stevenson is the closest to the character), and we are getting the character again in the second season of DD. So i would be happy to see a character thats never been given a TV/movie version yet get a chance.
Old 10-30-15, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by james2025a
I think that Netflix deal will without a doubt be renewed. Iron Fist might not be coming up when expected, but he will be in the future for sure. To be honest i think i would prefer to see an Iron Fist show than a Punisher show. The Punisher is a great character and a series would be awesome, its just that we have had 3 movies with the character at different levels of quality (Lundgrens is the best overall film, but Stevenson is the closest to the character), and we are getting the character again in the second season of DD. So i would be happy to see a character thats never been given a TV/movie version yet get a chance.
I don't think it's a matter of a renewal of the deal. It's just that they signed an agreement for 4 individual shows plus the special series, most likely to be delivered upon within X amount of years. Nothing really seems to be moving on Iron Fist, which is kind of surprising. Luke Cage is already filming, and Iron Fist would need to go into production not long after that. So since they already have The Punisher cast and he is a popular character, they can substitute Punisher in to reach the agreement. How Season 2 of Daredevil fits into the agreement though, that I don't know. Maybe everything was re-negotiated. Regardless, Marvel will have a presence with Netflix for a long time.
Old 10-30-15, 11:27 AM
Banned

Damnit. I want to see Danny Rand onscreen w/ Luke Cage.

Rumors jumping around online that DD may be in Jessica Jones too. Not sure if it's the Lawyer or DD that'll show up.
Old 10-30-15, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd rather see Iron Fist as well.
Old 10-30-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Meh.. We've got too many comicbook hero tv shows as-is. Not enough time to watch everything in existence and the majority of my tv watching now days is just this, so I've gotta quit to have room for some different genre's. Sorry Jess & Luke; you might have been decent.
Old 11-03-15, 08:12 PM
Banned

synopsis for each of Jessica Jones' episodes leaked apparently. I guess one of them confirms someone we already know joining in too.

Spoiler:
AKA Ladies Night: Jessica Jones is hired to find a pretty NYU student who''s vanished, but it turns out to be more than a simple missing persons case

AKA Crush Syndrome: Jessica vows to prove Hope's innocence, even though it means tracking down a terrifying figure from her own past.

AKA It's called Whiskey: It won't be easy to acquire or deploy. but Jessica thinks she's found a weapon to use against Kilgrave. Luke and Jessica bond over their similarities.

AKA: 99 Friends: A new case demands attention as Jessica tries to find out who's spying on her for Kilgrave. Trish's radio show yields unexpected consequences

AKA The Sandwich Saved Me: Despite Jessica's objections, Trish's new friend Simpson gets involved in the hunt for Kilgrave. Jessica recalls a pivotal moment in her life.

AKA You're a Winner: Luke hires Jessica to help him find someone who may have skipped town, but she fears he'll learn too much about her history in the process.

AKA Top Shelf Perverts: Malcom, Simpson and Trish go rouge to prevent Jessica from carrying out an extreme plan to outwit Kilgrave.

AKA WWJD: Jessica experiences a strange homecoming courtesy of Kilgrave. Hograth's conflict with her estranged wife reaches a tipping point

AKA Sin Bin: Just when Jessica has Kilgrave right where she want's him. Hogarth's involvement complicates the situation. Details of Kilgrave's past emerge.

AKA 1,000 Cuts: A discovery has the potential to change the entire game -- if Jessica can refuse Kilgrave's offer.

AKA I've Got The Blues: Jessica searches morgues for clues. Trish goes all out to keep Simpson from getting in Jessica's way. Malcom has an epiphany.

AKA Take a Bloody Number: The hunt for Kilgrave reunites Jessica with Luke. Trish receives some unexpected information about Simpson and Jessica.

AKA Smile: Jessica and Luke get help from someone else in the neighborhood. Kilgrave gears up for a major test of powers against Jessica.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-04-15 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-04-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
synopsis for each of Jessica Jones' episodes lead apparently. I guess one of them confirms someone we already know joining in too.

Spoiler:
AKA Ladies Night: Jessica Jones is hired to find a pretty NYU student who''s vanished, but it turns out to be more than a simple missing persons case

AKA Crush Syndrome: Jessica vows to prove Hope's innocence, even though it means tracking down a terrifying figure from her own past.

AKA It's called Whiskey: It won't be easy to acquire or deploy. but Jessica thinks she's found a weapon to use against Kilgrave. Luke and Jessica bond over their similarities.

AKA: 99 Friends: A new case demands attention as Jessica tries to find out who's spying on her for Kilgrave. Trish's radio show yields unexpected consequences

AKA The Sandwich Saved Me: Despite Jessica's objections, Trish's new friend Simpson gets involved in the hunt for Kilgrave. Jessica recalls a pivotal moment in her life.

AKA You're a Winner: Luke hires Jessica to help him find someone who may have skipped town, but she fears he'll learn too much about her history in the process.

AKA Top Shelf Perverts: Malcom, Simpson and Trish go rouge to prevent Jessica from carrying out an extreme plan to outwit Kilgrave.

AKA WWJD: Jessica experiences a strange homecoming courtesy of Kilgrave. Hograth's conflict with her estranged wife reaches a tipping point

AKA Sin Bin: Just when Jessica has Kilgrave right where she want's him. Hogarth's involvement complicates the situation. Details of Kilgrave's past emerge.

AKA 1,000 Cuts: A discovery has the potential to change the entire game -- if Jessica can refuse Kilgrave's offer.

AKA I've Got The Blues: Jessica searches morgues for clues. Trish goes all out to keep Simpson from getting in Jessica's way. Malcom has an epiphany.

AKA Take a Bloody Number: The hunt for Kilgrave reunites Jessica with Luke. Trish receives some unexpected information about Simpson and Jessica.

AKA Smile: Jessica and Luke get help from someone else in the neighborhood. Kilgrave gears up for a major test of powers against Jessica.
I have a friend who's seen the JJ series already. He said it's great; has the same feel as Daredevil for those that liked that show.
Old 11-05-15, 03:02 PM
Banned

Never heard of this site, Peel The Orange, but they got something interesting:

MARVEL CONSIDERING REPLACING IRON FIST WITH PUNISHER SERIES Frank Palmer October 23, 2015 News
ironfist

Our source (who first gave us a heads up about Marvel planning a Moon Knight series) has informed us that Marvel is considering replacing the Iron Fist series that was initially planned with a Punisher series. When I asked for some elaboration, this is what I received:

Marvel can’t quite seem to figure out how to put Iron Fist into the equation and time is running out. They’re very pleased with Jon Bernthal’s portrayal of Frank Castle for Season 2 of Daredevil and know that the fans have a great appreciation for the character. They also know that a Punisher series would be much cheaper and more marketable. They have a contract with Netflix and have to do something. It appears that for this phase of shows, time is running thin for Iron Fist.

Interestingly enough, that original story did say that Marvel was at least talking about a Punisher series.

I’d advise taking this news with a grain of salt – but it could make sense. From what I’ve gathered, Marvel is having trouble finding a showrunner for Iron Fist and that all of the pitches that they’ve received are nothing that they can really work with. There have also been many rumors that the TV side of Marvel is getting a “shake up” with recent changes in the creative department (Inhumans).

If Marvel is looking to go really dark, the transition could make sense. Daredevil was “hard PG-13” and from the looks of it, Jessica Jones is going to be darker than that. What better way to make a statement in that sense than to make a series for Punisher and Moon Knight?

The only thing I’m skeptical about is how this would fit into their plans for The Defenders? I mean, a series for The Punisher wouldn’t mean that he would be replacing Iron Fist in the Defenders lineup, but I guess we’ll see.
I understand that Frank is a pretty easy sale. He's popular, yet never makes bank w/ his flicks, but in a TV setting he could possibly rock it. I love all the Netflix characters we're getting but I'd geek the fuck out once we see Luke and Danny fighting together and arguing like an old couple. Their friendship is so much fun.

Saying that... Danny Rand has a world that would benefit so much more w/ a series. Add in how DD has teased that world to a degree.

I LOVED Matt Fraction's take on Iron Fist. I especially loved how he showed off that title's lineage. The Pirate Queen, Orson Randall, etc. It totally brought that Eastern Mysticism in style of martial arts flicks that worked so well in the comics. I especially loved seeing all those different people. The Pirate Queen was a badass.
Old 11-10-15, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s3UYWK2jeX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-23-15, 09:03 AM

Marvel's Quesada Dismisses Iron Fist TV Movie Rumors: http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/11/19...v-movie-rumors
Old 11-23-15, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not sure if there's a way to embed these, but the Daredevil and Jessica Jones twitter accounts had some fun cross teasers.

Daredevil - https://twitter.com/Daredevil/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Jessica Jones - https://twitter.com/JessicaJones/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Old 11-24-15, 01:19 PM

Sonia Braga has joined the cast of Marvel’s Luke Cage, the third series in the pop culture giant’s four-series package for Netflix. The Kiss Of The Spider Woman actress will play Soledad Temple, mother of the Rosario Dawson portrayed Claire Temple – whom we’ve previously met in Marvel’s Daredevil and briefly in Marvel’s Jessica Jones.

Set to debut with a 13-episode first season on the streaming service in 2016, Luke Cage has American Horror Story:Coven alum Mike Colter playing the ex-con with superstrength who tries to get his life back on track and becomes a hero for hire to pay the bills in contemporary NYC. Fans of the long established Marvel character, who first appeared back in 1972, Colter’s Cage also is a featured player and love interest in Jessica Jones, which debuted November 20 on Netflix.

Ray Donovan‘s Cheo Hodari Coker is Luke Cage’s showrunner and will write the series’ first 2-episodes. Marvel’s Luke Cage is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

Emmy nominated Braga is repped by Levity Entertainment
http://deadline.com/2015/11/marvels-...st-1201636832/
Old 11-24-15, 02:23 PM
Banned

some tidbits about Iron Fist and such:

via Comic book Resources:

JEPH LOEB EMBRACES 'GROUNDED STORIES' OF MARVEL'S NETFLIX SERIES

CBR News: Jeph, your more recent comics work has mostly been big, colorful superhero stuff -- "Hulk," "Nova" -- but you're certainly familiar with the more street-level, noir-toned fare of these Netflix shows, going back to comics like your Batman work with Tim Sale. Do you find it easy, on a personal level, as a creator to connect with the Daredevils and the Jessica Joneses of the Marvel Netflix world?

Jeph Loeb: Let me put it this way: I find it very easy to connect with good storytelling. When I've been able to work with the caliber of people that we've been working with, then it becomes, hopefully, things that are as successful as the shows that we've been doing. There is a very large plan in terms of where we want these characters to go, and the stories we want to tell, and the showrunners that come along on that adventure know that and know that they're working on a very big tapestry, in the same kind of way the filmmakers know that. That's what our responsibility at Marvel is, to make sure that the stories that we're telling feel new and fresh, and at the same time, continue to expand.

For us, it starts with a very simple question: What is a hero? Every single one of the stories that we're telling -- whether it's Phil Coulson, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.; Agent Carter, a woman who's trying to make it in a clearly-defined males' world; to a blind attorney who's trying to save his neighborhood; to a woman who's trying to, in many ways, save herself; to the first African-American superhero that comes from the streets and is interested in making sure that not just Hell's Kitchen, but we're going to be going up to Harlem, and really dealing with what's going on in the world, both in terms of superheroes and race. It's important that we have an opportunity to use our characters to tell real-life stories. Grounded stories that make people think about the world that they're in. I think that's another thing that we've really touched on with "Jessica Jones." Her relationship with Kilgrave and what happened to her and how you recover from that is something that is worth discussing, and in many ways, this is a very brand-new arena to do that in. I think that's why a lot of people are responding to it.

Any time when you can start to open up the world and allow people to have conversations about current social events -- and I'm not trying to get up on a soapbox at all, but that has always been Marvel. Whether it's race, or whether it's drugs, or whether it's just what it is to feel helpless in society, these are the issues that make comic books much more than what some people think of them as, which is the "biff, bam, boom!" of children's literature. And that's not to say there aren't places for that -- when I wrote "Hulk," one of the things that I loved about that book was that it was fun. We went back to "Hulk Smash," and lived in that world. But when I told the story of "Hulk: Gray," it was a very personal story about a man who didn't live in a black and white world. He lives in a world that was gray. Some people saw him as a monster, and some people saw him as a hero. How do you deal with that? And what is that metaphor at the end of the day?

I think one of the things that separates Marvel from other superhero, genre-storytelling is that it very much lives in the real world. We don't have cities that have made-up names. It takes place in New York. Hell's Kitchen is a real place. The streets and the avenues that we talk about are real things. They get into real cabs and they have real phones. It's not to say that we don't have a car that flies, and you can't have a lot of fun with it, but it needs to start in a place that's very grounded -- and then you build up from that. If an audience has to accept that there are people with abilities that are running around in uniforms, then the audience needs to understand that, "Oh, it's a real world. What would it be like if those things happened?" In a world that, right now, can be very confusing, and there are some real villains out there, if we can tell stories that inspire people, that can only be a good thing.

You've spoken of the overall plan for these shows, and we've known from the beginning that it's meant to culminate in a "Defenders" miniseries. But there's still a long way to go, between "Daredevil" season 2, "Luke Cage" and "Iron Fist." Is the "Defenders" plan fairly fluid at this point, or do you have a clear idea of how it's all going to go down?

Short answer is yes, and the big answer is, you know I can't talk about that. [Laughs]

Right, not looking for specifics, but in a larger sense?

Very much so. Has been from the very beginning.

Will there be some Iron Fist-specific news in the near future, or is that maybe a bit down the road -- casting or a creative-type attached to it?

One of the things we wanted to be able to do was make sure that "Jessica" -- which was a property that a lot of people did not know, and really, hats off to the people at Netflix who came up with the ad campaign, which is a sign that the world learned her name. Albert, you and I have actually talked about this before. Every time you start any property, whether it's in comics or in movies or in television or in animation, everyone's always looking for, "Tell us a little something about the next one, so we can get the jump on that story."

There was a lot of speculation about what was going on with "Iron Fist," because [fans] hadn't heard anything about it, but there's never been any change at all. We knew exactly what we were doing at Marvel and at Netflix. Let's get "Jess" out there, everybody knows that "Luke Cage" is up and going. What I can say right now is, we're very excited about "Iron Fist," and the short answer is, yes there'll be news.
It would be nice to have Danny be introduced in Luke Cage somehow. Much like Cage was introduced in Jones' show.

I just want to see Cage and Rand back to back kicking ass and being the best of pals.
Old 12-07-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/02/marv...as-showrunner/

Scott Buck, the former head writer and showrunner for Dexter, was hired as showrunner for Iron Fist.
Old 12-07-15, 01:20 PM
Banned

Is that good thing? I stopped after the first season just cuz it didn't do much for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.