Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-15, 05:23 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Hmmm....
Old 04-29-15, 05:48 PM

Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Old 04-29-15, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Hmmm?
Old 05-08-15, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24596/rosa..._season_2_more
Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce Rosario Dawson will reprise her role as Claire Temple in the second season of the Netflix Original Series “Marvel’s Daredevil,” coming in 2016, as part of a larger exclusive TV deal that will also allow her to appear in any of Marvel’s other Netflix original series.
Old 05-08-15, 12:40 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always dug the Night Nurse existing for our heroes.
Old 05-08-15, 12:50 PM

Good news.
Old 05-08-15, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

considering how totally geeked up she was talking about in Conan a few weeks ago, i'm glad she will continue on with the character. she really enjoys the comic universe.
Old 07-11-15, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Old 07-11-15, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
considering how totally geeked up she was talking about in Conan a few weeks ago, i'm glad she will continue on with the character. she really enjoys the comic universe.
I think she's the only person to reference Skyrim on a talkshow.
Old 07-28-15, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Netflix Clarifies Defenders Release Schedule, Jessica Jones In 2015
Jamie Lovett - 07/28/2015

At the opening address of the Television Critics Association press tour, Neflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos confirmed that Marvel’s Jessica Jones will premiere by the end of 2015, as expected.

He further laid out the ideal schedule for Marvel’s Defenders group lineup of shows, which is to have a new series or season premiere every six months.

Sarandos also clarified that all of these Marvel series will crossover for The Defenders after each has launched, but that some will have multiple series prior to that. Daredevil is already one example, with Season 2 planned for early 2016.
Old 07-29-15, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Here's everything the TCA's revealed about Marvel's 'Jessica Jones' Netflix series
2015 Summer TCA Tour - Day 1
By Meredith Woerner contact the reporter

Little was known about the highly anticipated female-lead new Marvel Netflix series "Jessica Jones" until yesterday at the TCAs. The hotly anticipated comic adaptation could prove to be Marvel's trickiest translation, as the source material grapples with some pretty serious trauma. Compared to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "Jessica Jones" could be the hardest hitting series yet, if Netflix and Marvel can capture the essence of the original comic. And here's what we learned.

“Jessica Jones” showrunner Melissa Rosenberg and “Daredevil” first-season showrunner Steven DeKnight joined a panel of Netflix’s current (and new) showrunners, including Gaz Alazraki from "Club de Cuervos," Marta Kauffman from "Grace and Frankie," Michael Showalter from "Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp," Raphael Bob-Waksberg of “BoJack Horseman," and Glenn Kessler from "Bloodline," on stage at the Beverly Hilton for the Television Critics Assn. Summer Press Tour. Rosenberg spoke about the challenges and themes she will be exploring in the new series.

The “Jessica Jones” series is based on the Marvel comic “Alias” (no relation to the TV series) written by Brian Michael Bendis. The comic follows small-time costumed vigilante Jewel, real name Jessica Jones (played by Krysten Ritter), who hangs up her cape to become a private investigator. Jones battles a variety of issues, including post-traumatic stress, along with a string of superheroes that keep showing up and asking for her help. “Alias” was Marvel’s first “max” comic (R-rated) and if the TV series stays true to the comic, it will explore a lot of material the lighter Marvel movies have continued to skirt.
2015 Summer TCA media tour

But will the series take a page from the already fairly violent Marvel Netflix series “Daredevil?" Rosenberg addressed this question on the panel. "'Jessica Jones’ is a very different show from ‘Daredevil,’” Rosenberg said. “We exist in a cinematic universe. The mythology of the universe is connected, but it will look very different. Tonally they’re very different. If you pick up Bendis’ ‘Alias’ and pick up ‘Daredevil,’ they’re wildly different. That was my one concern. Would I have to fit in with ‘Daredevil?’ The answer was, ‘No, we’re hiring you for your point of view.’”

Rosenberg noted the advantage the devil from Hell’s Kitchen has over her Jessica Jones: "[DeKnight’s] show is called 'Daredevil,' but Daredevil has an outfit.” said Rosenberg. “He has a mask. So Charlie Cox can get a break every once in a while. My show is called ‘Jessica Jones.’ There's no mask. Krysten Ritter is the hardest working woman in show business.”

Also addressed in this panel: how Marvel plans on linking all of these new Netflix series together. In the comics, Jessica Jones and Matt Murdock (Daredevil) are part of a larger team of superheroes called the Defenders. The rest of the group includes the yet-to-be revealed Iron Fist and “Jessica Jones” love interest Luke Cage (who will be played by Mike Colter). Each of these supers will also eventually get their own standalone series -- the Luke Cage series already has a showrunner, Cheo Hodari Coker. But how are they planning on staggering all of these connecting series?

Netflix president Ted Sarandos explained. “I think ideally there will be a rhythm of, about every six months, you'll get a new season or a new series from the ‘Defender’ group,” said Sarandos. “And then they will cross over, do a combined season, once we've launched the first season of each of the four characters. And some will selectively have multiple seasons... The cadence of it, though, we believe, will probably be about two launches a year.”

And what about the recently announced Punisher addition to "Daredevil" -- will actor Jon Bernthal get his own series too? “Today it’s contemplated to be that the ‘Defenders’ are the four characters,” said Sarandos. “But it is possible, for sure. That is the beauty of the Marvel universe. Any of [the characters with a series on Netflix] can spin out into films, too.”

The 13-episode ”Jessica Jones" series will debut by the end of the year.
Old 07-29-15, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So with two launches per year (six months apart) does that mean Iron Fist isn't coming until 2017 since Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2 are both coming in 2016?
Old 07-29-15, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
So with two launches per year (six months apart) does that mean Iron Fist isn't coming until 2017 since Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2 are both coming in 2016?
That's what it sounds like.
Old 07-29-15, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

"Two launches" a year makes me think they mean two new shows each yeah. A returning show like Daredevil isn't really a launch.
Old 07-29-15, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It does say new season OR new series every 6 months, which I interpret to mean total of 2 seasons each year.
Old 07-29-15, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I would love to know how long it took to film all 13 episodes of Daredevil.

I know for a show like Agents of Shield, which gets 22 episodes, they started filming this month and won't wrap until mid-late March or early April of next year. However, a network shooting schedule is much more tighter and deadline-oriented. They do take intermittent shooting breaks for the actors and writers. I have to assume the Netflix schedule is much more relaxed.

I know Jessica Jones is already filming for a Winter launch and Daredevil is already shooting for a Spring 2016 launch.
Old 07-29-15, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everywhere I go, people are proclaiming "two launches a year" as if it's some sort of gospel handed down. All he says is that, ideally, he'd like to have two a year. There's no guarantee, however, they this will happen. Hence the word "ideally."

There may be years where we get two, or one, or potentially even three, depending on how the actual shooting schedules fall, and what their original programming line-up allows. It will also depend on whether or not they acquire the rights to other Marvel shows during that timeframe, and whether or not shows like Jessica Jones or Luke Cage find an audience, and actually garner a second season. "Two a year" is dependent upon far too many variables to be nailed down.

(I only say this because I know that, if something happens, and Jessica Jones doesn't actually wind up launching until early next year, or we only get season two of Daredevil in 2016, people would be throwing his words back in his face, screaming "but you promised!")

DJariya: Filming for Daredvil began in July 2014, and wrapped December 2014.
Old 08-21-15, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Aflre Woodward set to star in 'Luke Cage'

http://deadline.com/2015/08/marvel-l...ix-1201502959/

Marvel’s Luke Cage may has found his match. I’ve learned that Alfre Woodard is finalizing a deal to star opposite Mike Colter in Luke Cage, the third series in Marvel’s four-series package at Netflix.

black-mariahWoodard will play a lead character listed on the breakdown as Minetta, a powerful woman in local politics who will have an impact on Luke Cage’s life. No one is commenting, but I hear she may actually be playing a version of Marvel villain Black Mariah, a nemesis to Luke Cage as well as Iron Fist. In the comics, she is a professional criminal and a drug dealer.
Old 09-02-15, 02:27 PM

Sons of Anarchy‘s Theo Rossi is on the wrong side of the law again.

The actor has joined the cast of Marvel’s Luke Cage in the series-regular role of Shades (AKA Alvarez), a career criminal and a nemesis to Mike Colter’s titular superhero, per Deadline. Rossi is coming off of a seven-season run as bandit biker (with a heart of gold) Juice.

Additionally, Rosario Dawson is set to reprise her Daredevil role of Claire Temple in the forthcoming Netflix series. The pair join previously announced cast member Alfre Woodard (as Black Mariah).

Luke Cage is part of the Marvel/Netflix team-up that kicked off last April with Daredevil, continues with Marvel’s Jessica Jones (starring Krysten Ritter), also gives Iron Fist his own show and culminates in a miniseries event that reimagines The Defenders, Marvel’s dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Cheo Hodari Coker (NCIS: LA, Southland) will serve as the show’s executive producer and showrunner.

Marvel’s Luke Cage will bow in 2016.
http://tvline.com/2015/09/02/theo-ro...arvel-netflix/
Old 09-03-15, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I sure hope he cries a lot and does dumb things.
Old 09-10-15, 10:01 AM

Marvel fans will have to wait another couple of months before being introduced to Jessica Jones. Netflix announced on Thursday that Marvel’s Jessica Jones, starring Krysten Ritter as the title character, will debut all 13 of its episodes on Nov. 20. A new teaser trailer – one without any footage from the show – was released as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cIKecSNhRv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-10-15, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Should make for a nice binge watch around Thanksgiving.
Old 09-10-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Well that was a teaser, no doubt.
Old 09-10-15, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

She going to get her pushed in By Luke Cage like in the comic?
Old 09-12-15, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice. Can't wait to see this thing. She's a very cool character. I'm still iffy on Ritter though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.