0.91%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Breaking Bad --> Series Finale --> "Felina" --> 9/29/13

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-14, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad --> Series Finale --> "Felina" --> 9/29/13

It's funny, you have some massively popular shows that come and go, and you have others that actually made an impact on the cast, crew and found a place in pop culture.
Old 04-05-14, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
It's funny, you have some massively popular shows that come and go, and you have others that actually made an impact on the cast, crew and found a place in pop culture.
Yeah. Cranston was a decent enough actor before he was on Breaking Bad but the series really took him to new levels obviously and really expanded his skill set as an actor. He's said the role is probably going to be what defines his career.
Old 04-05-14, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, it's rare an actor gets that chance. Usually a 7 season sitcom is going to define you no matter what, he proved it wrong.
Old 05-30-14, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ushpmg00000024
No. Way.

Just when "Breaking Bad" fans were (SPOILER ALERT!) finally starting to come to terms with the death of Walter White, actor Bryan Cranston suggested that maybe the show's finale wasn't as final as it seemed.

“I’m going to ask you, really, seriously, I wasn’t so sure that you died, I really wasn’t," CNN's Ashleigh Banfield said on Thursday night. "Your eyes were open and I thought, ‘what if the police just take him into custody, he gets better, breaks out and just goes nuts?'"

Cranston: “Hey, you never saw bags zip up or anything."

Banfield: “Is he dead?”

Cranston: “I don’t know."

Banfield: “No movie? No nothing? No Walter White ever again?”

Cranston: “Never say never."

Cranston was smirking a little so he was probably just teasing –- or maybe he didn’t want to let down Banfield, who is clearly a super fan of the show.

So what do you think?
I get the feeling that Cranston is just teasing about the possibility of Walt being alive. I just don't see him or Gilligan doing anything more following what was possibly one of the best series finales of all time. The only way I could see Walt coming back is if somehow the character pops up on Better Call Saul before his meth cooking days.
Old 05-30-14, 11:24 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah Cranston likes to fuck with people. I'm sure that's all it is.
Old 05-30-14, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a feeling this thread would be bumped today.

I too agree that Cranston was just messing around. He probably knew that the internet would go nuts.

With that said, if they decided to do a Breaking Bad/Walking Dead crossover with Zombie Walter White, count me in.
Old 05-30-14, 12:00 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Yeah, I don't see this happening either. He's probably just toying around (part of his personality) and nothing more.
Old 05-30-14, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well we already know he'll probably show up on Better Call Saul at some point.
Old 06-24-14, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
So who's gonna watch the remake?
Oops, I forgot the remake was on. The first four episodes aren't online anymore.
Old 06-24-14, 08:28 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mnementh
Oops, I forgot the remake was on. The first four episodes aren't online anymore.
Saw a commercial for it while watching the World Cup on Univision. Pretty funny how exactly they tried to replicate the looks of the characters.
Old 06-24-14, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

It cracked me up when I saw some of the character names:

Walter White -> Walter Blanco
Saul Goodman -> Saúl Bueno
Old 06-24-14, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
It cracked me up when I saw some of the character names:

Walter White -> Walter Blanco
Saul Goodman -> Saúl Bueno
So what poet has initials WB that they can use in this version?
Old 06-24-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by windom
He'll quote Warren Buffet.
Old 06-24-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Did Yeats go by "W. B." with his friends when they hung out at the pub?
Old 06-24-14, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Episodes of the remake are online for now.
Old 06-24-14, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Well we already know he'll probably show up on Better Call Saul at some point.
I don't see how Walter could appear on Better Call Saul, unless they want to piss all over the continuity from Breaking Bad. Maybe he could be in front of him in line in a store or something, or a tan Aztec could drive by at some point.

Now Hank, on the other hand, is a shoe in. From his demeanor, he had obviously had dealings with Saul before the show.
Old 06-24-14, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
I don't see how Walter could appear on Better Call Saul, unless they want to piss all over the continuity from Breaking Bad. Maybe he could be in front of him in line in a store or something, or a tan Aztec could drive by at some point.

Now Hank, on the other hand, is a shoe in. From his demeanor, he had obviously had dealings with Saul before the show.
Not sure what this guy has to do with Breaking Bad

Old 06-24-14, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jason

I'm almost certain they'll find a way to work a Walt cameo or two into Better Call Saul. Probably nothing major but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he shows up somehow.
Old 06-24-14, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dunno. Aaron Paul had said that they were going to fit Jesse in to an episode or two somehow (which is more plausible than Walter, I would think) and then decided against it.

One thing that has bugged me was Gilligan questioning his confidence in proceeding with the show. It could be just because they're two weeks behind schedule but if there's any doubt in his mind this will work then I don't know how it will affect the fans.

Dean Norris has also said he has no interest in reprising his role. In any post-Breaking Bad interviews he almost sounds like he has some animosity of being associated with the character of Hank.
Old 06-24-14, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by My Other Self
One thing that has bugged me was Gilligan questioning his confidence in proceeding with the show. It could be just because they're two weeks behind schedule but if there's any doubt in his mind this will work then I don't know how it will affect the fans.
Well I think that's natural. Let's be honest, Breaking Bad was close to perfect for a television series. To try and create a prequel series in the same universe could be a bad idea because if it's not as good or isn't as well received by fans/critics I could see that being a disappointing thing to Gilligan and to those involved with both shows. Sometimes it's just best to leave things as they are and not try and milk more because something is popular. I think that's the mindset of Dean Norris too. I think he's grateful for the role of Hank but he thinks that the book should be closed on that character and that universe.

Also I could swear I've heard that Aaron Paul wants to be part of Better Call Saul. I don't think they'd just force his character into the series but there's plenty of ways that it could work. Show him hanging around with Badger and Skinny Pete in his earlier days as a druggie and whatnot. Walt is a bit harder but I'm sure they could find a way for him to cameo.

Last edited by Mike86; 06-24-14 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-24-14, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's odd that the one character who would make the most sense of running into Saul is the one character the actor just doesn't want to play again.

Dean Norris is happy, or at least wants to leave Hank behind. I mean, I respect him for not wanting to beat down the character anymore, but it would be the one person who Saul could cross paths with on the show and make the most sense.
Old 06-24-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86
Also I could swear I've heard that Aaron Paul wants to be part of Better Call Saul. I don't think they'd just force his character into the series but there's plenty of ways that it could work. Show him hanging around with Badger and Skinny Pete in his earlier days as a druggie and whatnot. Walt is a bit harder but I'm sure they could find a way for him to cameo.
He definitely does, but recently said it won't happen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5492079.html
Old 06-24-14, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd love for them to give us the back story on Gus via the prequel, but I'm not sure if the tone of the new show will allow for it. (Since they are aiming at more comedy than BB was) We know Mike is going to be on the show and he's really working for Gus and not Saul ....
Old 06-25-14, 04:41 PM

While I don't feel like enough time has passed since the series ended and I'm sure there will be a heavy response in favor of this show, I will ask. When you compare Breaking Bad to other dramas, where would you rank it. You have to judge it as a whole and not just season 4-end.

I didn't start watching BB until a few years in and there were a few times I thought about giving up because at times the slow burn was really slow but did it ever pay off in the end.
Old 06-25-14, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by slabinskia
While I don't feel like enough time has passed since the series ended and I'm sure there will be a heavy response in favor of this show, I will ask. When you compare Breaking Bad to other dramas, where would you rank it. You have to judge it as a whole and not just season 4-end.

I didn't start watching BB until a few years in and there were a few times I thought about giving up because at times the slow burn was really slow but did it ever pay off in the end.
As a whole series? I think it is the high point of original drama programming for television. It is almost perfect. I think I like a couple shows more though, but only a couple and after that there is a huge gap to other shows,

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.