Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Breaking Bad --> Series Finale --> "Felina" --> 9/29/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad --> Series Finale --> "Felina" --> 9/29/13

Originally Posted by atrium
Err... I don't think so. He had revenge in his heart against Jesse months ago, but I would assume he planned on rescuing Jesse from the beginning of the episode and didn't have some sudden change of heart.
Pretty sure he did have a change of heart when he saw what Todd and the Nazi group had put Jesse through. Remember the scene with Badger and Skinny Pete and he asked about the blue meth? He was obviously upset that people are still out there making money off of his signature product and said Jesse's name in disgust. It wasn't until he got there that he realized Jesse wasn't doing this by his own will but was being forced into it.
Old 09-30-13, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Did RJ Mitte get to say anything in Talking Bad? I don't remember if he actually said anything.

Nice of Giancarlo Esposito to make the trip from Texas to appear on it.
Yeah from what I recall he talked about the whole experience of it and how from his character's perspective he knew of Walt's secret for a relatively short time.
Old 09-30-13, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this was truly a realistic finale. We would have seen Jesse OverDose in the final scene of the finale after the closing credits.
Old 09-30-13, 12:18 AM
Former Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Pretty sure he did have a change of heart when he saw what Todd and the Nazi group had put Jesse through. Remember the scene with Badger and Skinny Pete and he asked about the blue meth? He was obviously upset that people are still out there making money off of his signature product and said Jesse's name in disgust. It wasn't until he got there that he realized Jesse wasn't doing this by his own will but was being forced into it.
Why did he want to call Jesse in when he met with Jack though?

I presumed it was part of his plan to get them all in the machine gun's line of fire and him and Jesse out of it
Old 09-30-13, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
Vince said they shot the Dennys scene and Walt wasn't wearing the watch
They shot the 51st birthday scene where Jesse gives him the watch at a later date

Vince said the "artsy fartsy" reason is Walt is heading toward his endgame and remembers his arch nemesis gave him the watch, realizes he doesn't need it anymore and takes it off
he also said that the scene with Skyler's reflection in the microwave was a 'happy accident'. They were in the editing room & the editor noted it, & Vince said 'wait really, oh haha'
Old 09-30-13, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why did he want to call Jesse in when he met with Jack though?

I presumed it was part of his plan to get them all in the machine gun's line of fire and him and Jesse out of it
To confront him probably one last time and he probably planned to kill him with the others. He dove on top of him to make it seem like he wanted to fight with him one last time but it was really to shield him.
Old 09-30-13, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Plus he kinda had to say something to get Jack's attention, considering he didn't have the car keys on his person and was being dragged away.
Old 09-30-13, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Walt did not ask for Jesse to be brought in. That was entirely Uncle Jack's idea. Walt was stalling for time and to try and get the keys. Walt had no idea Jesse was being coerced to work for them until he was brought in. That is when he decided to save Jesse. I thought this all seemed pretty obvious.
Old 09-30-13, 12:24 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Well he did need some kind of diversion since his keys were nowhere near him.
True, forgot about that.

But I mean the assumption is he didn't realize Jesse was being held prisoner, but that was the deal they struck up wasn't it? Once he found out Jesse was still alive he had to know he was cooking meth agaisnt his will. Unless he assumed that Jack was voluntarily letting him cook meth (unlikely given Jesse was known as a rat)
Old 09-30-13, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
he also said that the scene with Skyler's reflection in the microwave was a 'happy accident'. They were in the editing room & the editor noted it, & Vince said 'wait really, oh haha'
yeah that was a surprising admission as I thought it was a great shot as well
Old 09-30-13, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

True, forgot about that.

But I mean the assumption is he didn't realize Jesse was being held prisoner, but that was the deal they struck up wasn't it? Once he found out Jesse was still alive he had to know he was cooking meth agaisnt his will. Unless he assumed that Jack was voluntarily letting him cook meth (unlikely given Jesse was known as a rat)
I guess I sort of assumed that maybe he thought Jesse bargained with them to keep him alive by agreeing to cook the meth to keep up the purity level that Lydia's group demanded.
Old 09-30-13, 12:30 AM
Former Member

I guess I sort of assumed that maybe he thought Jesse bargained with them to keep him alive by agreeing to cook the meth to keep up the purity level that Lydia's group demanded.
Yeah. The keys being out of reach makes that theory make sense now, I forgot about that.

my bad
Old 09-30-13, 12:32 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Walt did not ask for Jesse to be brought in. That was entirely Uncle Jack's idea. Walt was stalling for time and to try and get the keys. Walt had no idea Jesse was being coerced to work for them until he was brought in. That is when he decided to save Jesse. I thought this all seemed pretty obvious.
well I'm very SORRY
Old 09-30-13, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
He didn't outright ask for him to be brought in but he brought up Jesse in the first place and obviously wanted him brought in. Probably intending originally to kill him before he knew what really was going on with Jesse's situation and that he was being held as a prisoner.
Old 09-30-13, 12:35 AM
Former Member

He didn't outright ask for him to be brought in but he brought up Jesse in the first place and obviously wanted him brought in. Probably intending originally to kill him before he knew what really was going on with Jesse's situation and that he was being held as a prisoner.
He knew he was being held prisoner all along (or should have going with continuity). After Hank was killed they struck up a deal that they would keep him prisoner until Todd learned the ways in which to cook, that's the only reason he was being kept alive

Jack doesn't strike me as the type of guy to let a rat walk willingly, so Walt should have figured Jesse was still being held prisoner.
Old 09-30-13, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts

Poor Saul was the only one they couldn't figure out how to get into the episode. They even got Dean Norris in there for crying outloud. I kept expecting to see Walt pass by a Better Call Saul bus bench sign... anything.

Wow, this entire series was fantastic. Never once let me down, never a false note in this beautiful symphony. I look forward to watching this again some day.
Old 09-30-13, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He knew he was being held prisoner all along (or should have going with continuity). After Hank was killed they struck up a deal that they would keep him prisoner until Todd learned the ways in which to cook, that's the only reason he was being kept alive

Jack doesn't strike me as the type of guy to let a rat walk willingly, so Walt should have figured Jesse was still being held prisoner.
I agree but I think he might not have known the extent of what exactly was happening. I think he maybe thought that Jesse was cooperating with the group as long as possible to try and bargain with them for his life and freedom. Jack probably wouldn't have let him go for being a rat but I think Walt felt like Jesse was cooking the meth as a way of spitting in Walt's face maybe too as a final form of revenge on him.
Old 09-30-13, 12:48 AM
Former Member

I agree but I think he might not have known the extent of what exactly was happening. I think he maybe thought that Jesse was cooperating with the group as long as possible to try and bargain with them for his life and freedom. Jack probably wouldn't have let him go for being a rat but I think Walt felt like Jesse was cooking the meth as a way of spitting in Walt's face maybe too as a final form of revenge on him.
Yeah all of that and then being confronted with Jesse in his haggard state gave him a change of heart. That's why I was confused at first because Walt should've known that Jesse wasn't cooking to spite him or steal his infamy, but doing it to stay alive. The only motivation I'd see him having for killing him was the anger he had towards him going back months ago
Old 09-30-13, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That was not the deal. The deal (and Walt pretty much had no choice anyway, considering they'd probably shoot him if he disagreed) was for them to figure out what Jesse had told Hank and Gomez, and then kill him. Todd was the one who made him cook, independent of the deal (as evidenced by Jack's reluctance). Of course finding the camcorder would end up working out for Walt as well, since he was implicated, but by that point he was already outed and on the run anyway.

And now that I think about it, that taped confession can be found by the DEA/Police at the compound now, so Jesse's side of the story will come out.

Last edited by bluetoast; 09-30-13 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-30-13, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by DIVX Rulz
Why did he leave the watch on the payphone?
Forget what Talking Bad says...

He was out of time. That's it.
Old 09-30-13, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

The only quibble I would have with the finale is that Jack and co. just weren't interesting enough to be in the final confrontation. I realize that scene was really more about Walt and Jesse, and I did "like" Todd, but I just didn't think as a whole the Aryans rose to the level of other BB characters.
Old 09-30-13, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great ending. Pretty straight forward, but nothing wrong with that. They wrapped everything up and still managed to pull off a few surprises.

Whatever Vince Gilligan's next project is, count me in. BB was awesome. Props to the writers for knowing when to bring it to an end also. Too many writers don't know when to end it.
Old 09-30-13, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This ending was bullshit.

We don't know what happened to Huell.
Old 09-30-13, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I liked it a lot but still not as good as the Six Feet Under finale.

That being said, BB is my favorite show of all time.
Old 09-30-13, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

There is like 20 people who have voted in the poll who I have never seen comment in a BB thread.

Lazy asses.

It's always the polls that get the shy lurkers out of hiding.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.